HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
­
Posted by: chuckhoffmann ()
Date: April 07, 2017 10:42AM

­

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2017 02:19PM by chuckhoffmann.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Homelessness Survey Seeks Fairfax County Resident Input
Posted by: best course of action ()
Date: April 07, 2017 10:49AM

schindlers-list-08-conveyor-belt-with-bo

Posted by: YyphE ()
Date: April 07, 2017 10:54AM

Done. Told them about how the fact a simple studio apartment is now well over $1,000 a month so requires a $36k/year salary to even apply. Where does that leave the person only making $10 an hour or so part-time (think service industry, retail, restaurant, etc). Even a simple rented room can be $600/month.

The rent is too damn high, bottomline.

That, and if one is NOT hispanic or middle eastern indian, one has to work harder to get help from them while their fellow hispanics and indians get help right away sometimes same day other races get ignored/pushed to the bottom of the pile.

(don't believe me? LOOK AT WITH YOUR OWN EYES the majority of workers for the social services department of Fairfax County, don't believe me go to the penino building at the government center, 2nd floor is reception i believe. Look at the workers themselves. I would guess 40% indian, 40% hispanic and only 10% each white/black (usually in supervisory positions due to tenure, but are being slowly pushed out by these 2 groups).

Now walk in as a single parent, making only $11 an hour and ask for help with your rent/EBT/etc. You will get stonewalled and stalled and asked for more and more paperwork for proof (they wanted paystubs, lease, statement from my landlord, confirmed income with my employer a 3rd time, scheduled phone interviews for inconvenient times and call 10 minutes early so that counts as missing the call then you have to start all over, mail notices to your previous address and not your current one even though it is in the system so paperwork gets lost, etc) until you give up, meanwhile Paco, Maria, and Sunita Gupta get help right away,.....

Posted by: Landlord69 ()
Date: April 07, 2017 11:16AM

Fairfax County doesn't have studio apartments. If I'm going to tie up $150,000 of my hard earned money into a 1 bedroom condo, I want to make a half decent return. $250 is going to a condo fee, $150 is going to property taxes, $200 is going to maintenance/upkeep, $20 to insurance. So my costs are at $620 assuming I pay with cash.

I want at least a 6% net rental yield for dealing with your broke ass, so that's $9000 a year or $750 per month in addition to the my costs of $620, that makes the rent $1,370. The rent is not too damn high, you're just too broke.

If you're making $36k a year you should be renting a room, at $600 a month you can get by just fine on that salary.

As a Landlord I will take Paco and fam any day over a single mom getting government assistance. Here is why, Paco doesn't need any government help, he will cram his whole family in there, and everyone of them will be working. When something breaks Paco won't call me to fix it, he will do it himself. Come the first of the month Paco has a nice stack of cash for me, he is grateful to have a place to live. Now with the single family mom leaching of the government, she will call me to change a light bulb, call if there is a spider, and she will probably be consistently late with her rent and be a huge pain in the ass.

Posted by: Paco ()
Date: April 07, 2017 11:25AM

Landlord69 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Fairfax County doesn't have studio apartments. If
> I'm going to tie up $150,000 of my hard earned
> money into a 1 bedroom condo, I want to make a
> half decent return. $250 is going to a condo fee,
> $150 is going to property taxes, $200 is going to
> maintenance/upkeep, $20 to insurance. So my costs
> are at $620 assuming I pay with cash.
>
> I want at least a 6% net rental yield for dealing
> with your broke ass, so that's $9000 a year or
> $750 per month in addition to the my costs of
> $620, that makes the rent $1,370. The rent is not
> too damn high, you're just too broke.
>
> If you're making $36k a year you should be renting
> a room, at $600 a month you can get by just fine
> on that salary.
>
> As a Landlord I will take Paco and fam any day
> over a single mom getting government assistance.
> Here is why, Paco doesn't need any government
> help, he will cram his whole family in there, and
> everyone of them will be working. When something
> breaks Paco won't call me to fix it, he will do it
> himself. Come the first of the month Paco has a
> nice stack of cash for me, he is grateful to have
> a place to live. Now with the single family mom
> leaching of the government, she will call me to
> change a light bulb, call if there is a spider,
> and she will probably be consistently late with
> her rent and be a huge pain in the ass.

+1

Posted by: unfairfax ()
Date: April 07, 2017 03:44PM

TL;DR I got mine, fuck you,

If you're homeless it's all your fault. Take your poor ass somewhere else.

Posted by: nhdh9 ()
Date: April 08, 2017 08:26AM

If want survey feedback, pay for it, token Amazon $1 or $2 gift card codes would be nice. Otherwise, no survey feedback from here, unless the service extremely positively or extremely negatively affects here.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.