HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
What can i do
Posted by: IrishSpring ()
Date: February 23, 2017 10:53PM

What can i do about an upstairs neighbor who stomps on the floor, yells out his foreign language out the Goddamn window and slams things on the floor. Apt managef says be won't renew his lease but hthe guy fucking stomps more now and blasts music and shit. Ive never wanted to beat the shit out of anyone more before.

Thoughts?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What can i do
Posted by: Idea factory ()
Date: February 23, 2017 11:43PM

Move to a top floor apartment.

Find some friends to split the rent on a sfh if you can't afford it on your own.

Talking to or confronting him probably won't help and may make things worse.

Posted by: skunk ()
Date: February 24, 2017 12:11AM

call immigration, tell'em there are illegals living there.

Posted by: IrishSpring ()
Date: February 24, 2017 05:43AM

I like the idea about calling immigration on him. It would be awesome

Posted by: Hdvjh ()
Date: February 24, 2017 06:14AM

Idea factory Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Move to a top floor apartment.
>

I hear my downstairs neighbor like crazy.

What foreign language?

Posted by: DeFEP ()
Date: February 24, 2017 09:11AM

Unfortunately this is a risk of apartment living, even if you move this can happen again with a neighbor.

What hasn't been suggested yet is a simple thing that may work, leave a note on his door saying you are a close neighbor that can hear (and feel) the yelling and stomping and that you are politely asking him to tone it down so you can both have a peaceful home. Sometimes people aren't aware that what they do is visible or audible to others because they are self-centered and oblivious, but being made aware of it may change behavior.

Secondly, look into current noise regulations in Fairfax County. If he crosses over certain times with the noise then call the cops and file a noise complaint.

I'd try to think long term too... if you need to rent then try to move to a higher-rent spot. Folks that are loud and violent are often (but not always) lower-income earners. This is the gray scale between slums and gated communities, a lot of times you have to pay more for peace. That's why I always go highest-dollar option for movie tickets, the noisy assholes are usually in the cheap seats. I'd rather pay more to watch a movie in peace than pay less with too many distractions for it to be enjoyable. Same with housing.

Posted by: Blimmo ()
Date: February 24, 2017 10:08AM

I had a similar problem with 'groes back in the day. They used to blast their gangsta' rap and the guy beat up the girl almost every day. I complained and called the cops and everything to get all of it on record. Of course, the 'groes kept it up. So I blasted punk rock music and soundtracks or sirens and steam engines and organ and bagpipe music. Of course, DeOnndray came downstairs banging on the door. Met him at the door with a loaded .44. Since white people were known to be crazy by the 'groes where I lived, DeOnndray suddenly turned into a 'nice colored'. He agreed to keep the gangsta' rap down as long as I kept my music down and he'd find another place to beat his wife..

Just blast some loud punk rock and scream and holler at 4 in the morning. When Abdullah complains, tell him you'll shut up when he does.

Posted by: condoetiquitte ()
Date: February 24, 2017 07:58PM

I have the same issue although mine is with people down the hall from my condo-- they let their kids play in the hallway all fucking day and night and kids from all over the place seem to show up. I don't know where most of these delinquents come from, some of these kids are still in diapers! Pisses me the fuck off! They run up and down the hallway screaming at the top of their lungs banging into the walls riding hover boards like a bunch of fucking animals. Seriously though, how the fuck do these parents not give a shit about anyone else in this building? We have two older ladies on our floor too. These fucking people breed just to breed, it's sad. I can't wait to get the fuck out of here.

Posted by: condoetiquitte ()
Date: February 24, 2017 07:59PM

I take that back.. they don't breed just to breed... it's called anchor babies.

Posted by: Mike O'Meara Show Fan ()
Date: February 24, 2017 08:43PM

Blow your apartment up, then he will have no floor to stomp on.

Posted by: Bring a gift ()
Date: February 24, 2017 08:46PM

IrishSpring Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What can i do about an upstairs neighbor who
> stomps on the floor, yells out his foreign
> language out the Goddamn window and slams things
> on the floor. Apt managef says be won't renew his
> lease but hthe guy fucking stomps more now and
> blasts music and shit. Ive never wanted to beat
> the shit out of anyone more before.
>
> Thoughts?

Just bring a peace offering of some nice, hot fish and chips from Arthur Treacher's. It will calm the savage beast.

Posted by: x7jV6 ()
Date: March 04, 2017 04:26PM

One thing that can sometimes help--Go online at the website for your apartment or condo complex and do a very explicit review based on your experiences there. When they can't rent to newcomers, they might do something about the problems. But in any case, I would be doing some serious research on moving.

www.city-data.com, www.neighborhoodscout.com, etc.

Posted by: Try this ()
Date: March 04, 2017 04:37PM

Try talking to them. Of course, be polite but firm.

Posted by: out of luck ()
Date: March 04, 2017 04:41PM

"try this" might work (never worked for me). but i reality nothing works. you need to be on the top floor or get a stand alone house.

Posted by: WARNING ()
Date: March 04, 2017 04:48PM

this is another example of how Donald Trump has ruined this country

Posted by: Good tactic ()
Date: March 04, 2017 05:24PM

Buy him a nice, fresh fish and chips dinner from your local Arthur Treacher's. Maybe bring him an icy cold grape Fanta, as well.

You will be friends in no time.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.