HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
So should we feel any sympathy for 30+ gentrifying hipsters who all thought they were too hip, too cool & too urban to obey Oakland city fire codes?
Posted by: Hipsters gonna hipster ()
Date: December 04, 2016 07:23PM

2016-12-03-oakland-fire.jpg

Should we feel any sympathy for them?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: So should we feel any sympathy for 30+ gentrifying hipsters who all thought they were too hip, too cool & too urban to obey Oakland city fire codes?
Posted by: OP is a loser ()
Date: December 04, 2016 07:42PM

If you are a human being you should feel sympathy. I;m sure the attendees had no clue as to whether there was a sprinkler system installed. You sure sound like a smug sonofabitch. You'll get yours someday, and no one will care.

Re: So should we feel any sympathy for 30+ gentrifying hipsters who all thought they were too hip, too cool & too urban to obey Oakland city fire codes?
Posted by: Hope their last buzz was good ()
Date: December 04, 2016 07:47PM

I'd like to know a public place was able to operate with a stairway to the second floor made out of construction pallets?

Did this hippie shit hole even have an occupancy permit or was this an "underground" type club?

Posted by: G6yUc ()
Date: December 04, 2016 07:52PM

Burning to death is a terrible way to die. Hopefully the smoke got to them before the flames did.

Posted by: Sadusky ()
Date: December 04, 2016 07:59PM

Someone's got to go to prison, Ben.

Posted by: Watch It People ()
Date: December 04, 2016 08:09PM

No one takes care of you like you yourself is supposed to do..

You should always know the way out of any motel/hotel/club .

And Joints like this jammed with junk and burnable items..a Firetrap.. Not Good. and you should be able to spot one..

Keep your eyes open. This was a really bad fire..there have been many others as in DC where exits were chained.. people died, but not like this fire.. Coconut Grove.. Way back another huge bad one.. Exits I think were chained..Overcrowded. It Can happen..

DAJAX You pays Your Money..You Takes Your Chances..Beware!

Posted by: yGuVW ()
Date: December 04, 2016 09:30PM

OP is a loser Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you are a human being you should feel sympathy.
> I;m sure the attendees had no clue as to whether
> there was a sprinkler system installed. You sure
> sound like a smug sonofabitch. You'll get yours
> someday, and no one will care.

I am genuinely nice person.

I do not think you are aware of how smug a son of a bitches these hipsters are. Dead or alive.

Posted by: DhvWK ()
Date: December 04, 2016 09:40PM

“This property is a storage [facility], but the owner turned it into a trash recycling center. The yard became a trash collection site, and the main building was [remodeled] for residential,” according to city records.

The victims — some as young as 17 — were found “throughout the entire square footage” of the warehouse.

-----------------------

Is La full of liars or am i missing something?

why is a "warehouse" "used as storage facility" remodeled for residential allowed to be a dumping ground outside , and what would a huge number of people be doing at a "storage facility"

and why are some people on POF indicating there was some (party or fast times) going on ?

Posted by: tKcFG ()
Date: December 04, 2016 09:44PM

aha a clue !!

"a night of music and dance ends in fire"

so is this "warehouse" a private party?

it's not illegal to have a group at a business place after hours unless the county has ordinance (since police might be called to handle a possible break-in)

but it is illegal to have a private party with drinking that has several 17yr olds at it

Posted by: LEWy4 ()
Date: December 04, 2016 09:45PM

“The reality is, there are many facilities being occupied without permits,” he said. “They’re occurring on Oakland’s streets, especially in neighborhoods like mine.”

--> he's trying to say "look everyone breaks laws here you have to accept it"
--> no i dont asshole. and that goes for your ass first

in other words LA democrasts aren't following any laws

Posted by: MMUG7 ()
Date: December 04, 2016 09:49PM

The property is one of several owned by Chor N. Ng, according to her daughter

the county records, which are oddly not co-linear and somewhat missing, indicate this

“Nobody lived there,” she told The Times, adding, “It was an art collective.”. well we now know 36 ng isn't renting it (which tells me: SHE WAS)

the building us probably a state of california building or hold-over from korea which local dems have "uploaded themselves as having the deed of"

Posted by: 4kTmV ()
Date: December 04, 2016 09:50PM

obviously the building was not rated for teen party throwing

it was rated to hold goods of a particular flammability is %100 of all it was in a commercial proffesional environment that people dont live iin

Posted by: FFU PSA ()
Date: December 04, 2016 10:01PM

This is why you need a working smoke detector, and remember to change the battery every 6 months.

Posted by: la times ()
Date: December 04, 2016 10:02PM

Witnesses said the warehouse, known locally as the Oakland Ghost Ship, was a collective where artists lived and worked.

if the witness isnt' lying, and we can suspect it's true ... ms. NG was lying her ass off, probably collecting rent illegally

meanwhile i'm sure the firefighters had the angst of wishing they'd fined the hell out of NG before the accident, sob

Posted by: Damn shame ()
Date: December 04, 2016 10:08PM

Check out the YouTube of the Station nightclub fire in Warwick RI. 100 souls burned alive watching Great White perform .I take no pleasure knowing that people died in this latest fire. Who cares if they were hippies , hipsters or there for a music show. Fucking sad and horrible. Show a little sympathy.

Posted by: uh3ec ()
Date: December 04, 2016 10:16PM

The teens said they paid $10 to get into the warehouse party, which they found online, Garcia said.

---------------------

so it was open to the public commercially, both hosting parties for minors and housing, not a "private party", NG has- yet more legal problems

unsure who ben is

but yes, i imagine breaking that many rules will find prison time

bother to keep the party small ? no they didn't.

it's amazing so many were trapped i imagine things happened fast

------------------

if the doors were all locked to prevent entry/exit then that'd be yet another serious problem. bars are not allowed to do that (sometimes do and people die because of it)

Posted by: vLdHu ()
Date: December 04, 2016 10:17PM

Attachments:
img.jpg
img2.jpg

Posted by: The Ones Who Did It ()
Date: December 04, 2016 10:18PM

Should Be On Condemned Row..

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/news/5983392-181/inside-san-quentins-death-row?artslide=0

DAJAX ..Such Fine Fellers..???? Note that One of Um Prieto what not.. was sent back here to Old Virginny.. Who gave his ass the Needle he deserved for Killing the Young Uns Up Reston bout 1990.. California does not have the guts to do it.. Too Much sun on those Lib melons..

Pop Quiz.. who can spot the "Evil Stack" of the Gas Chamber exhaust on the Pic of the front of the Prison.. Clue..It looks like a upside down W..and goes straight down to the basement where the Apple Green Hidious Gas Chamber is still there.. Awaiting..Punks..who start on the road to there..By Bumping old Threads on FXU!!!

Posted by: 74NLe ()
Date: December 04, 2016 10:20PM

NG has some colorful sense of speaking to authority (the public that wants answers)

above we see what a 2 story building artists gather at will look like if the fire dept and building inspectors have signed off on it. possible bare but ready for traffic. the traverse pipes, darker in color, are fire sprinklers - and ever so often they must be opened to see if they function as intended - by qualified fire system testers.

below we see what a young ARTIST looks like - and i doubt that's what it looked like the night of the fire

Posted by: ne4dh ()
Date: December 04, 2016 10:23PM

yesss well NG - there are stark realities and then explanations too

is she a drug addict who was part of the party but not there at the time? if so, that would look better for her.

or was she simply doing it for cash knowing it wouldn't have been approved - that would go badly for her.

STARK REALITIES are: there is code violation and penalties for both "ignoring code" and "for creating injuring by ignoring code" in addition

there are past case decisions (a Commonwealth that's called) as well - and there is where things will begin for her

Posted by: PDGnM ()
Date: December 04, 2016 10:24PM

money wise, she's on welfare for life, of course - she'll never finish paying fines and lawsuits - and will likely be required to work to pay something by the courts

Posted by: aaaaaasssssssseee ()
Date: December 04, 2016 10:35PM

Should we feel any sympathy for the limp-dicked incels who populate this board? Sooner or later they will succumb to their obesity or maybe suicide. It is heartbreaking in a sense -- a life lived without ever feeling love, empathy or the touch of a woman.

Posted by: Oakland fags ()
Date: December 04, 2016 10:48PM

Probably the same people that were rioting after Trump won.

Fuck em.
Attachments:
Cyyub0PUkAAZOO0.jpg-small

Posted by: East Coast For Life ()
Date: December 05, 2016 03:08AM

Nope, fuck them.

Posted by: Lou C. Furr ()
Date: December 05, 2016 06:45AM

Appropriate start for those who will be joining me in hell!

Posted by: Go to hell ()
Date: December 05, 2016 10:04AM

yGuVW Wrote:
> OP is a loser Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > If you are a human being you should feel
> sympathy.
> > I;m sure the attendees had no clue as to
> whether
> > there was a sprinkler system installed. You
> sure
> > sound like a smug sonofabitch. You'll get
> yours
> > someday, and no one will care.
>
> I am genuinely nice person.
>
> I do not think you are aware of how smug a son of
> a bitches these hipsters are. Dead or alive.

Going to a social function at an art space does not make someone a smug a son of a bitch.

" I am genuinely nice person."

Stop fooling yourself.

Posted by: jpxMv ()
Date: December 05, 2016 03:41PM

Go to hell Wrote:
> yGuVW Wrote:
> -----
> > OP is a loser Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > If you are a human being you should feel
> > sympathy.
> > > I;m sure the attendees had no clue as to
> > whether
> > > there was a sprinkler system installed. You
> > sure
> > > sound like a smug sonofabitch. You'll get
> > yours
> > > someday, and no one will care.
> >
> > I am genuinely nice person.
> >
> > I do not think you are aware of how smug a son
> of
> > a bitches these hipsters are. Dead or alive.
>
> Going to a social function at an art space does
> not make someone a smug a son of a bitch.
>
> " I am genuinely nice person."
>
> Stop fooling yourself.

Oh you do not know them and how they look down on others who are not hip enough to be in their hip little scene.

Posted by: Could Happen Here ()
Date: December 05, 2016 04:55PM

Who will be next?

Workhouse Art center in Lorton?

Torpedo factory in Alexandria?

Posted by: Frodo is Lost ()
Date: December 05, 2016 04:56PM

So . . . these delicate snowflakes . . . so emotionally damaged by the death of their friends in what can only be described as a human catastrophic created by ignorant people (living in a warehouse neither designed, zoned or inspected for human habitation), and their first thought is 'what about me? am I going to have to move and be forced to live like normal people? Is the man going to continue to press his thumb down upon poor little me, who has only the best interests of my friends and humankind at heart?'. Their immediate thought is whether or not the building inspector is going to start doing his job.

Perhaps these "artists" ought to worry that they are somehow legally responsible for these deaths. 'Hey, man, wanna come hang out at my pad? Its a totally underground scene and there's gonna be a rave man, can you dig it?'

I am certain that if you took a poll of the survivors, they would consider themselves smarter, by far, than the typical American. I bet not one of them has an inkling that what they were doing was putting the lives of innocent people at risk. Living in a warehouse is a perfectly normal and good thing for artists to do, don't you know? No need of inspectors, fire suppression, zoning, or any of the normal hassles that everyday people and evil businessmen need to put up with.

I haven't heard the media ask any of them if they feel responsible for these deaths. Why should they? Living within the rules is for small people, unenlightened people. Republicans.

Leftists, artists and liberals need not follow rules and kowtow to the man. Free spirits do as they please.

Perhaps a couple of them, before they die, will come to the realization that what they were doing was inherently dangerous. And that perhaps, just possibly, some of the rules should apply to them. That they were somehow partially responsible for these deaths.

Maybe the cops aren't bad guys after all. Maybe building inspectors and codes and zoning are necessary for public safety.

Yeah, I know, conservatives can have pipe dreams too.

Posted by: Starving Artists ()
Date: December 05, 2016 04:57PM

Responsible citizens finish school, get a job, make enough money to pay for their art hobby.

Living in a warehouse? Freeloader on society.

Posted by: Google Maps ()
Date: December 05, 2016 05:58PM

LEWy4 Wrote:
> “The reality is, there are many facilities being
> occupied without permits,” he said. “They’re
> occurring on Oakland’s streets, especially in
> neighborhoods like mine.”
>
> --> he's trying to say "look everyone breaks laws
> here you have to accept it"
> --> no i dont asshole. and that goes for your ass
> first
>
> in other words LA democrasts aren't following any
> laws

Dear sirs,
Oakland is not near LA.

That is all,
Rand B. McNally

Posted by: J7HuW ()
Date: December 05, 2016 06:01PM

California in the 80's was an extremely productive state.

Allot of great USA products - from car, toys, machines, you name it - were made in middle sized factories. Not to mention: Hollywood and Silicon Valley as well - and Raisins and many other foods.

When I was in (elementary) school, Virginia teachers were talking the "California plan" - which was to give vocational training EARLY - 1/2 of every school day, even for elementary perhaps. (not california lost, and never did it, and see what happened)

Democrats have turned California into a state of managing Chinese imports, bad television (or rather scarcely good) and more and more: a refugee camp who funds anyone who's attacking the usa infrastructure from within (ie, at Berkeley using grants).

Many electronics makers are now "fabless". They just import from china and remark the product. Berkeley used to be a leader in "good software, structured, coherent, standards based - like a teacher would assign", not poisoned hack wares mostly by people from outside the country and illegals in it.

Feinstein was caught using californias post offices as her private builder of brick & mortar stores - and never went to court or paid it back.

and California shore workers hiking for more pay? attacked with anti-riot GAS by a chinese mayor in california

what a SHAME. a very very shame for the children of california.

Posted by: Getta map ()
Date: December 05, 2016 07:59PM

In what part of Fairfax County is Oakland? I forget.

Posted by: Freq ()
Date: December 05, 2016 08:36PM

Given that this is California, the important thing is that no one in the state or local government is held accountable.

Posted by: texPy ()
Date: December 05, 2016 08:40PM

Dead hipsters are cooler than hipsters who are alive because they dead hipsters are more underground.

6 feet underground to be exact.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.