HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
VA-28 - I66 Interchange Improvements
Posted by: FFX Resident and 28 Commuter ()
Date: August 05, 2016 10:33AM

The vast majority of commuters that use 28 in the afternoon are heading to 66 West or south to Prince William Co. THEY ARE NOT RESIDENTS OF FAIRFAX COUNTY. They turn what should take about 9 minutes to get home into a half-hour ordeal every day.

I am a Fairfax resident and clearly a snob on this matter and am thrilled that this interchange is finally getting some attention. The premium I pay to live close to work may actually show its benefit when this construction is done.

http://www.connectionnewspapers.com/news/2016/aug/03/centreville-infusion-cash-i-66route-28-improvement/

VDOT Milestones:

August: Receive financial proposals
September: Select the best-value proposals
October: CTB (Commonwealth Transportation Board) briefing
October 2016-April 2017: Early work and public-information meetings
This fall: Selection of private partner
November: Execute a comprehensive agreement
Early 2017: Design public hearing
April 2017: Financial closure.
2017: Construction start
Late 2020: Interchange opens to traffic.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: VA-28 - I66 Interchange Improvements
Posted by: LiverinCentreville ()
Date: August 05, 2016 05:11PM

I note the following from the article:

He also stressed that he’s long been a strong advocate for a full interchange at Route 28, bringing back the traffic movements between Walney and Braddock roads and Route 28 that, several years ago, became prohibited.

As a result, explained Parnes, these movements have been “pushed to the Route 29/I-66 Interchange — northbound Route 28 to westbound I-66, and eastbound I-66 to southbound Route 28.” However, he said, “The complexity of once again connecting Walney Road to Braddock Road — and allowing their access to the full movements at the I-66/Route 28 Interchange — makes this a very complicated and expensive project.”

“The public will have a chance to comment on the plans,” said Parnes. “If people think full interchange mobility is important, they need to make their voices heard when the opportunity once again presents itself.”

I hope this isn't a polite way of saying VDOT will weasel out of allowing a direct crossing of some type between Walney and Braddock.

Posted by: Johnpg ()
Date: August 05, 2016 05:25PM

No direct access from Braddock! Enough is enough.

Posted by: uPX7y ()
Date: August 05, 2016 06:10PM

Johnpg Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No direct access from Braddock! Enough is enough.

If there is no stoplight why would you care? You are just driving through anyway...

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.