HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Supreme Court temporarily blocks order on transgender bathroom use
Posted by: niggar ()
Date: August 03, 2016 05:42PM

Washington (CNN)A divided Supreme Court agreed Wednesday to temporarily block a lower court order that had cleared the way for a transgender male high school student to use the boys' bathroom in a Virginia public school this fall.

The ruling is a victory for the school board and a loss -- for now -- for Gavin Grimm, the student who won at the lower court level.

Justices Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Sonia Sotomayor and Elena Kagan would have left the lower court decision undisturbed. It took five justices to act, and Justice Stephen Breyer wrote separately to say that he concurred in the decision in part because granting the stay would "preserve the status quo" until the court has a chance to consider a petition for cert. "I vote to grant the application as a courtesy," Breyer wrote.

"The order comes as something of a surprise given the current composition of the court," said Steve Vladeck, CNN contributor and professor of law at the University of Texas School of Law.

"In the short term, this means the relationship between transgender identity and sex discrimination will be left in limbo until the Supreme Court resolves it one way or the other. But given that Justice Breyer's vote was only a courtesy, it's hard to see the court being able to settle this matter until a ninth justice is appointed," Vladeck said.

The case comes as the issue of transgender policies have caused controversy across the country. Most notably, the Department of Justice is suing North Carolina over its law concerning transgender bathrooms. On Monday, a federal court heard a separate challenge to the law from the American Civil Liberties Union and other groups.

In court papers in the Virginia case, lawyers for the Gloucester County School Board asked the court to preserve the status quo and allow the school's policy to remain in effect once the school year commenced, while they asked the Supreme Court to take up an appeal of the lower court ruling.

The school board said the policy was meant in part to protect the "basic expectations of bodily privacy of Gloucester County students." It stressed that in September, when the school year commences, Grimm would have access to three single-user restrooms as well as a restroom in the nurse's office.

Grimm's lawyers say the policy violates an anti-discrimination law and told the court that it should allow the lower court order to remain in place.

"No irreparable harm will occur" said Joshua Block, an ACLU lawyer, if Grimm "is allowed to use the boys' restroom while this court considers whether to grant certiorari."

Block said that Grimm "is a boy and lives accordingly in all aspects of his life" but that "the sex assigned to him at birth was female."

Grimm was originally allowed to use the boys' restroom, but after complaints from some parents, the school administered a new policy restricting restrooms to students based on their biological gender.

His lawyers say that the policy violates Title IX, a federal law banning sex discrimination in schools. They say the law protects the rights of transgender students to use restrooms consistent with their gender identity.

"Banishing transgender students from the restrooms used by their peers unquestionably interferes with their equal educational opportunity under Title IX," Block argued.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/03/politics/supreme-court-transgender-bathroom/index.html

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Supreme Court temporarily blocks order on transgender bathroom use
Posted by: A failure unto himself ()
Date: August 03, 2016 06:14PM

This is Obama's greatest legacy.

If Obama doesn't get queer bathrooms, then he truly is a failure in his own eyes.

Posted by: FrankR. ()
Date: August 03, 2016 10:10PM

This is good news. Freaks are not welcome here.

Posted by: JwmYX ()
Date: August 03, 2016 10:13PM

until now, 3rd grade girls were the only real problem for pissing panties

Posted by: Trannies!!!! ()
Date: August 03, 2016 10:18PM

Attachments:
image.jpeg

Posted by: Area resident ()
Date: August 04, 2016 12:49PM

Does this mean I can't poop in the girls room in Target any more?

Posted by: This ()
Date: August 04, 2016 05:25PM

Two pages. Read them both.
Attachments:
Fairfax County School Board.pdf

Posted by: Obama Is Now a Confused Puppy ()
Date: August 05, 2016 08:43PM

I guess the first LGBTQ president will be confused as to which bathroom he should use.

Posted by: Gender Gerry ()
Date: August 05, 2016 09:15PM

Shit. And I really gotta go right now. You telling me I need to hold it?

Posted by: 5 vote decision ()
Date: August 05, 2016 10:40PM

When Breyer says it's too far, you know things are out of hand.

Posted by: Tinkler ()
Date: August 05, 2016 11:00PM

I still have to pee. Which bathroom can I use? I think it's starting to come out.

Posted by: causeican ()
Date: August 06, 2016 12:41AM

niggar Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Washington (CNN)A divided Supreme Court agreed
> Wednesday to temporarily block a lower court order
> that had cleared the way for a transgender male
> high school student to use the boys' bathroom in a
> Virginia public school this fall.
>
>

a transgender male? Is that the way you say girl who wants to be a boy in transgender?

She just wants to go in the boys room so they can rape her and then she’ll become really popular in the media. She’s doing it for the cause.

Posted by: temporarily blocks ()
Date: August 06, 2016 02:25AM

The U.S. Supreme Court ruled Wednesday to temporarily block a previous court order that allowed transgender students in Virginia to use bathrooms based on their gender identification.

The high court voted 5-3 in favor of Gloucester High School in southeastern Virginia after the school board challenged the decision of a trial judge from the Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit in Richmond, who considered the school's bathroom policy illegal.

Gavin Grimm, a 17-year-old female student who identifies as a male, sued the school body last year after it adopted a policy that required students to use bathrooms based on their biological sex and assigned those with "gender identity issues" separate private bathrooms.

"The board continues to believe that its resolution of this complex matter fully considered the interests of all students and parents in the Gloucester County school system," Reuters quoted the school board as saying in a statement.

According to The New York Times, Justice Stephen G. Breyer voted with the conservative justices "as a courtesy" and in order to maintain the status quo for the time being. Justices Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Sonia Sotomayor, and Elena Kagan ruled in favor of Grimm.

Another school district in Virginia also passed an ordinance in May that defied President Barack Obama's transgender bathroom mandate for public schools to allow students to use the bathroom according to their gender identification.

"I can't tell you how many calls we had, but we had more calls than we could count asking us to take action on this issue," Grayson County Public School Superintendent Kelly Wilmore told LifeSiteNews.

Wilmore also added that the ordinance was not a political thing but something that parents requested from the school.

"It wasn't the politics of just the Republican side...it was a lot of people on the other side of the fence too [who] are really having concerns with who has access to the bathrooms," he added.

Posted by: Potty Mouth ()
Date: August 06, 2016 03:33AM

Obama Is Now a Confused Puppy Wrote:
> I guess the first LGBTQ president will be confused
> as to which bathroom he should use.

Clinton will have her/his own bathroom in the Oral Office.

Posted by: let me be me ()
Date: August 06, 2016 03:42AM

This is a travesty of justice. Where I urinate is not the business of the supreme court. I don't ask where they urinate. If that old lady justice, the one all bent over, wants to piss in the boys room I dont give a shit. I am not comfortable in the boys room. I have an ugly penis and dont like parading it around in plain view. Im not gay or mentally ill at all. Im normal and wouldn't rape girls, I just want to use their bathroom. I wouldn't even take pics of them in the stall next to me. Its time to sue the supreme court for injustice and bigotry.

Obama is a great president since he understands gender problems and cares about my problem. (not gender, but cosmetic issues with my penis)

Posted by: Your1stGradeTeacher ()
Date: August 06, 2016 04:45AM

Young man, if I have to tell you ONE MORE TIME to STAY OUT OF THE LADIES ROOM, you will be expelled. Now get back to class! Pervert.

Posted by: let me be me ()
Date: August 07, 2016 01:04AM

Your1stGradeTeacher Wrote:
> Young man, if I have to tell you ONE MORE TIME to
> STAY OUT OF THE LADIES ROOM, you will be expelled.
> Now get back to class! Pervert.

This makes me go ape shit crazy. I'm not a pervert. I'm just like you, with thoughts and feelings. It was my birthday last week and I blew out candles and ate cake, and thats normal. I just want the right to piss where I'm comfortable with my dick.

Long ago we were monkeys and apes and no one cared where we pissed. Then some prude started making clothes and soon we were all wearing them, covering up our organs and shit. That's really the crux of the problem. If I wasnt forced to wear clothes, people would be used to seeing my penis and I wouldn't need the ladies room.

The supreme court sucks big time

Posted by: prude ()
Date: August 08, 2016 03:06AM

An ape stated making clothes?

Posted by: crack ()
Date: August 08, 2016 03:16AM

started ^

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.