HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous12All
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: what is your opinion of the following va universities?
Posted by: skinsfan80 ()
Date: March 21, 2013 11:26PM

My son got accepted into both CNU and JMU. He may want to go to med school after he gets his degree. Which college do you think would help him the most

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what is your opinion of the following va universities?
Posted by: atwork ()
Date: March 22, 2013 11:28AM

It all depends on what you want and which field you are studying in.
Sciences: UVA, VT, GMU and VCU should be considered
Business: W&M, JMU etc
Law: GMU
don't really care about other degrees they are waste

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what is your opinion of the following va universities?
Posted by: uvaer ()
Date: March 22, 2013 01:47PM

UVA is in it's own league

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what is your opinion of the following va universities?
Posted by: terpentine ()
Date: March 22, 2013 02:00PM

Christopher Newport is a new school. Try applying to more schools, preferably those with good chemistry or biology programs.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what is your opinion of the following va universities?
Posted by: Science Guy ()
Date: March 22, 2013 04:19PM

I hire engineers and scientists. My Rank: VT>W&M>JMU>CNU. I have found that UVA kids that do not go to Med/Grad school are not thinkers. They are Memorizers who peaked in HS and are good at standardize tests.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what is your opinion of the following va universities?
Posted by: Educated ()
Date: March 24, 2013 09:19PM

It depends on the student. I won't make broad generalizations. I give must credence to employers who have to deal with these schools' products.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what is your opinion of the following va universities?
Posted by: CNU ()
Date: March 24, 2013 09:41PM

terpentine Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Christopher Newport is a new school. Try applying
> to more schools, preferably those with good
> chemistry or biology programs.


CNU isn't necessarily a "new" school, but they are finally gaining some notoriety. They are, however, "new" in the sense that the majority of the buildings are new construction, which makes for excellent facilities.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what is your opinion of the following va universities?
Posted by: skinsfan80 ()
Date: March 25, 2013 11:04AM

CNU Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> terpentine Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Christopher Newport is a new school. Try
> applying
> > to more schools, preferably those with good
> > chemistry or biology programs.
>
>
> CNU isn't necessarily a "new" school, but they are
> finally gaining some notoriety. They are,
> however, "new" in the sense that the majority of
> the buildings are new construction, which makes
> for excellent facilities.


How are the teachers/faculty?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what is your opinion of the following va universities?
Posted by: mehh ()
Date: March 25, 2013 06:53PM

VCU is on that list as well. Granted, not as high as GMU. But the school is still a rising star. People are complaining about the urban environment. FACT: all inner city areas have crime. Be smart and know your surroundings, and you'll be fine.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what is your opinion of the following va universities?
Posted by: CNU ()
Date: March 25, 2013 08:27PM

skinsfan80 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> CNU Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > terpentine Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > Christopher Newport is a new school. Try
> > applying
> > > to more schools, preferably those with good
> > > chemistry or biology programs.
> >
> >
> > CNU isn't necessarily a "new" school, but they
> are
> > finally gaining some notoriety. They are,
> > however, "new" in the sense that the majority
> of
> > the buildings are new construction, which makes
> > for excellent facilities.
>
>
> How are the teachers/faculty?


The majority of the professors have the highest degrees possible in their field of study. The great thing about CNU is that the average class size is about 30 students which means the professors are extremely accessible. One of the best aspects of a smaller school that you won't always find at larger universities (VT, UVA, etc.)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what is your opinion of the following va universities?
Posted by: Diploma Earned ()
Date: March 26, 2013 04:31PM

Too much emphasis for students everywhere to gain access into a more 'prestigious' university. Virginia is fortunate to be jam-packed with awesome state universities, community and private colleges at all tuition
affordability.

Ultimately, it's up to any student to excel in their chosen curriculum and strive for related internships in the private and public sector. It won't matter to prospective future employers what school an exceptional talent graduated from. Fortune 500 companies along with all of the three-letter Federal Government agencies visit and recruit from ALL of Virginia's schools of higher learning. They will also recruit 'super talents' directly from High School... most prevalent for demonstrated IT related prowess.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what is your opinion of the following va universities?
Posted by: Human ()
Date: August 08, 2013 09:54PM

UVA: Overrated.
VaTech: Overrated.
JMU: Shit.
VCU: Good med school, up and coming CS program.
GMU: Good engineering school, particularly, ECE and good law program.
ODU: Probably the most underrated school in VA. Their engineering programs are pretty good and overall this is a better school than VCU/JMU/CNU/RU. There is nothing "hood" about Norfolk, it's fine, plus the oceanfront is 15 minutes away.
W&M: Great school all around. Totally underrated nationally, it's the Princeton of public schools, period.
CNU: Not a very good school, imo.
RU: Not so much a college as a big party place.
Mary Washington: Same as JMU, just shit, a crap school. Produces educated servers.
W&L: Same as JMU/Mary Washington.
Longwood: Same as JMU/W&L/Mary Washington.

Anyone who says that MW/W&L/RU/Longwood/VCU/CNU/JMU are better than ODU is smoking crack and not paying attention..... or is in college to be a professional server, good luck with that!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what is your opinion of the following va universities?
Posted by: Human ()
Date: August 08, 2013 09:57PM

Science Guy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I hire engineers and scientists. My Rank:
> VT>W&M>JMU>CNU. I have found that UVA kids that
> do not go to Med/Grad school are not thinkers.
> They are Memorizers who peaked in HS and are good
> at standardize tests.


Please make sure you don't hire me, I'd prefer not to work with retards.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what is your opinion of the following va universities?
Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: August 08, 2013 11:00PM

Human Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> UVA: Overrated.
> VaTech: Overrated.
> JMU: Shit.
> VCU: Good med school, up and coming CS program.
> GMU: Good engineering school, particularly, ECE
> and good law program.
> ODU: Probably the most underrated school in VA.
> Their engineering programs are pretty good and
> overall this is a better school than
> VCU/JMU/CNU/RU. There is nothing "hood" about
> Norfolk, it's fine, plus the oceanfront is 15
> minutes away.
> W&M: Great school all around. Totally underrated
> nationally, it's the Princeton of public schools,
> period.
> CNU: Not a very good school, imo.
> RU: Not so much a college as a big party place.
> Mary Washington: Same as JMU, just shit, a crap
> school. Produces educated servers.
> W&L: Same as JMU/Mary Washington.
> Longwood: Same as JMU/W&L/Mary Washington.
>
> Anyone who says that
> MW/W&L/RU/Longwood/VCU/CNU/JMU are better than ODU
> is smoking crack and not paying attention..... or
> is in college to be a professional server, good
> luck with that!

Thank you Mr. ODU Grad.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what is your opinion of the following va universities?
Posted by: College Bound ()
Date: August 09, 2013 07:46PM

I went to Old Dominion last week and was impressed by the campus. My aunt went there about 30 years ago and there was lots of crime around the campus. How bad is the crime at ODU now? When I asked about it, an admissions officer said they had police on campus and you have to show your ID three separate times when entering a dorm at night. It sounds like they have taken the necessary precautions, but I still did not get the answer to my question. Any info would be appreciated!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what is your opinion of the following va universities?
Posted by: MoreInfo ()
Date: August 09, 2013 07:56PM

College Bound Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I went to Old Dominion last week and was impressed
> by the campus. My aunt went there about 30 years
> ago and there was lots of crime around the campus.
> How bad is the crime at ODU now? When I asked
> about it, an admissions officer said they had
> police on campus and you have to show your ID
> three separate times when entering a dorm at
> night. It sounds like they have taken the
> necessary precautions, but I still did not get the
> answer to my question. Any info would be
> appreciated!

There was hardly any crime on campus. The crime was off campus by the locals. Yes I was there 30 years ago.

You might want to get a hold of the Norfolk Police department concerning crime in the city. Norfolk was an UGLY place in the 80s. The campus has changed alot since I left.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what is your opinion of the following va universities?
Posted by: Norfolk Chamber of Commerce ()
Date: August 11, 2013 02:54AM

MoreInfo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> College Bound Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I went to Old Dominion last week and was
> impressed
> > by the campus. My aunt went there about 30
> years
> > ago and there was lots of crime around the
> campus.
> > How bad is the crime at ODU now? When I asked
> > about it, an admissions officer said they had
> > police on campus and you have to show your ID
> > three separate times when entering a dorm at
> > night. It sounds like they have taken the
> > necessary precautions, but I still did not get
> the
> > answer to my question. Any info would be
> > appreciated!
>
> There was hardly any crime on campus. The crime
> was off campus by the locals. Yes I was there 30
> years ago.
>
> You might want to get a hold of the Norfolk Police
> department concerning crime in the city. Norfolk
> was an UGLY place in the 80s. The campus has
> changed alot since I left.


Norfolk is full of diversity. We now have a white dude and two Asians.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what is your opinion of the following va universities?
Posted by: kindful ()
Date: August 12, 2013 06:28PM

all of them are good. Virginia is one of the few states with plenty of decent and high quality schools.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what is your opinion of the following va universities?
Posted by: Sally525 ()
Date: January 30, 2014 05:14PM

William and Mary - Top Tier Nationally Recognized
UVA - Solid school but not of same caliber as W&M
VA Tech - #5 Nation Architecture Program, also strong in engineering,otherwise ok
JMU - Average
VCU - 79th ranked medical school, #1 art school, rest is junk
GMU - Average
Mary Washington - Not even on the radar
CNU - Never heard of it
.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what is your opinion of the following va universities?
Posted by: Fairfaxian ()
Date: January 30, 2014 05:24PM

Sally525 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> William and Mary - Top Tier Nationally Recognized
> UVA - Solid school but not of same caliber as W&M

Those are both excellent schools, but you're kidding yourself with that "not of same caliber" bit. UVA has better rankings (#23 versus W&M's #32 in US News last year), a better reputation, better student life, is in a better town, and has far better graduate programs.

Don't get me wrong: William and Mary is a great school and - in my mind - is roughly equivalent to UVA in terms of academic excellence, but if you had to rank them, UVA wins every time.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what is your opinion of the following va universities?
Posted by: Wampum ()
Date: January 30, 2014 05:52PM

ODU - near the beach and free if you go ROTC.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what is your opinion of the following va universities?
Posted by: new day ()
Date: January 30, 2014 09:57PM

ODU -

whole new campus, very safe, best study abroad opportunities, great internship partners

good for engineering, business, marine majors

great exposure to diversity, tidewater area has a rich history, the weather is different, food is good, Virginia beach has the largest zip code in the state of virginia

kids from northern Virginia have a better perspective of life after they graduate, they are smarter about the world, they are highly employable

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what is your opinion of the following va universities?
Posted by: Let's revive this ()
Date: March 31, 2014 05:52PM

So now

Thoughts

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what is your opinion of the following va universities?
Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: March 31, 2014 06:07PM

Sally525 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> William and Mary - Top Tier Nationally Recognized
> UVA - Solid school but not of same caliber as W&M
> VA Tech - #5 Nation Architecture Program, also
> strong in engineering,otherwise ok
> JMU - Average
> VCU - 79th ranked medical school, #1 art school,
> rest is junk
> GMU - Average
> Mary Washington - Not even on the radar
> CNU - Never heard of it
> .

Didn't we see this before? And it was no more valid then.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what is your opinion of the following va universities?
Posted by: that's it ()
Date: March 31, 2014 07:18PM

1. UVA & W&M
2, VT
3. GMU and JMU
4. who cares unless that's the only school you could get accepted?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what is your opinion of the following va universities?
Posted by: eLester ()
Date: March 31, 2014 07:20PM

Richmond would be in the top 3 if one is including privates.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what is your opinion of the following va universities?
Posted by: no ()
Date: March 31, 2014 07:53PM

Science Guy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I hire engineers and scientists. My Rank:
> VT>W&M>JMU>CNU. I have found that UVA kids that
> do not go to Med/Grad school are not thinkers.
> They are Memorizers who peaked in HS and are good
> at standardize tests.


we don't hire any engineers from WM, JMU or CNU. we hire engineers from VT and ODU.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what is your opinion of the following va universities?
Posted by: ummm ()
Date: March 31, 2014 11:01PM

I dont think he's getting into med school if you're asking here.
skinsfan80 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My son got accepted into both CNU and JMU. He may
> want to go to med school after he gets his degree.
> Which college do you think would help him the most

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what is your opinion of the following va universities?
Posted by: Le Guivart ()
Date: March 31, 2014 11:04PM

I work with people that are alums of most of the schools mentioned so it ultimately depend on YOU the person and not so much the school. Pick a school that fits who you are and what you will get the most out of.

My best friend went to UVA and I had a cousin that went to W&L..both schools are nice and have great reputations but they were not for me.

I think VCU was a good fit for me because I liked the urban feel, the diversity, and the fact it was a big school but some departments were actually small so you had the advantage having a lot of access to professors. It was a great experience...it was also like my adult experience living in NYC and now DC...the big arts scene on campus, house parties in The Fan and other nearby neighborhoods, interesting student organizations, a thriving place.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what is your opinion of the following va universities?
Posted by: GMUBroski87 ()
Date: March 31, 2014 11:21PM

yo fuck all those schools, GMU Son, so much sloppy blonde sorority pussy running around. Get tired of chasin tail and gettin head from this messy sluts who hang in the GW library. Trust me, get those 19, 20 fresh meat freshmen/sophmores on board, they will be suckin cock and beggin for dick in less than ur first month there bro. I remember fucking a hot brunette nursing major bro. Fucked her and she didnt kno but also her close classmate lol it was hilarious brosef, just pump em with the liquor, tell em ur the president of a club or some shit, and see the panties drop! not even kidding, bitches in fairfax/GMU are so easy. Get my dick wet at least twice a week. Come at me bro

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what is your opinion of the following va universities?
Posted by: Hire Ranking ()
Date: March 31, 2014 11:38PM

Va Tech and UVA are the only schools known nationally as household names. Pick Tech for engineering, computer science, engineering, food sciences, or anything agricultural. Pick UVA for all the rest. W&M is ok for undergrad if you, god forbid, expect to go to law school later.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what is your opinion of the following va universities?
Posted by: Which privates ()
Date: April 01, 2014 04:53PM

Which privates

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what is your opinion of the following va universities?
Posted by: TheRealWord ()
Date: April 01, 2014 05:08PM

ยง Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That's strange about Howard. Every person we've
> ever hired from there never seems to work out for
> us.
>
> Interesting about MD. I didn't expect them to be
> on par with GW. They are definitely the more
> affordable of the two, but academically speaking,
> are night-and-day.


That really shows a lack of knowledge about higher-ed. Maryland is an R1 University which, especially in the last few decades, has developed a number of top-tier programs. GW was a night school not that long ago. It is a very expensive school with academic programs that are decent, but far from great.

The Real Word

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what is your opinion of the following va universities?
Posted by: Lovin'this ()
Date: May 18, 2014 10:53PM

So I actually found this when searching for other people's opinions on VA colleges. I know that this was posted awhile ago, but if someone reads these comments like I just did, then maybe this can be helpful now. ;)

Okay....

ODU- good for people who didnt do the best in highschool and don't wanna go to community college. Very nice people there. I know a lot of people that are excited about going to ODU. I thought it would be a run down school, but it was way better than what I expected.

GMU- very BIG school (maybe 50000 students???). Cool for history buffs cuz it's near DC. Apparently it's a big party school. I believe the academics are standard for a college. Colder winters if you are used to the southern heat.

JMU- one of my top two choices. Medium sized school. Seriously crazy school spirit! Purple and yellow everywhere you look. Although 30000??? students there is a good student to staff ratio. Rated top 2 for college food in the country. Fresham 15 lol. Everyone was smiling. A lot of hang out spots and beautiful mountain scenery. There is also the kissing rock tradition and kissing on the bus tradition. Hope you are a friendly person haha. Just a very happy school. One negative is that the model dorm style I was shown, you share a bathroom with 11 others, but like 4 can shower and 4 can pee at one time. And the surrounding town is filled with cute little shops and this one AMAZING buffet. This college feels like the real deal college like in the movies.

Longwood- in the middle of the country. Not necessarily a bad thing, just something to consider. Little food selection. Biggest sized dorms I have ever seen in VA so far. Talked to a few who went there and they said that once you get past the fact that it is a small town and school (5000 students), the school is awesome and everyone is like brother and sister.

VA Tech- heard lots of great things. Know a lot of smarties who wanna go there. Great engineering program. Good school spirit. Far away for me, but maybe closer to where you live. Teachers are caring. My family's friend's son went there. He is at his senior year and loves it so much that he sometimes doesn't come home for the holidays. Haha. And he's going to rent an appartment and live there with his girlfriend after he graduates. The school gave him the opportunity for a high paying job there. He just loves the school and the area.

CNU- my other top pick. Sounds like a lot of people don't like cnu or haven't even heard of it. Well let me tell you, I haven't either until I took the tour. Now I am telling all of my friends to take the tour too. Unknown school but it has great academics and you can tell that the students there want to be taught. They are also all so very friendly and every one was smiling. Multiple eating options. Smaller school similar to longwood in size. Bright green grass and the most beautiful brick buildings with grand columns that I have seen from any college so far. And marble floors. It sounds extremely preppy though, like for rich kids, but it's not. I saw ordinary people there like any other college. And there's a tropical smoothie on campus. And chick fil a. Just love it. Although a little but pricey cuz of the new renovations. It is also a newer school and very well taken care of. And the Ferguson Center is part of campus so you can get very cheap tickets to shows like the blue man group. Also close to the beach, Busch gardens, and historical VA sites like Jamestown.

UVA/W&M- both great schools achidemically. If you have a 4.0 or higher than apply to either of these two. They are great schools and are nationally known and rated as some of the highest in the nation. As a kid I always said that I would go to William and Mary cuz of the colors but I have not visited yet. But I plan too. One thing that I heard is that both of these schools have a lot of whites there (no racist comment intended, just facts). But great great great colleges that will make you sound impressive if you say that you graduated from either of these. W&M is extremely close to Busch Gardens.

Mary Washington- scheduled a visit for the summer. My friend went there and said that it was so beautiful and amazing and that I need to go visit so I plan to. I don't know much about it, and never heard if it until my friend talked about it. The way she described if made it seem magical haha. Hopefully I can add it to my top list of cnu and jmu.

VCU- definentally not the best area as some people have said. But lots of my friends want to go there. It is great for city loving people. There arts program is amazing. Maybe they over did it with the graffiti though, but it adds character. My economics teacher graduated from there and she suggests it to all of her classes haha. Oh and just a few minutes away from Richmond with great shopping areas and restaurants. Also close to Kingsdominion which I went to after taking the campus tour haha.

Okay. I am getting tired of typing now haha. Hope this is helpful to someone. And my opinions should NOT change your mind about a college that you thought you wanted to apply to. Just my opinions. ;)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what is your opinion of the following va universities?
Posted by: Max Planc ()
Date: May 18, 2014 11:22PM

list Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> GW is now unranked.



GW engineering (undergrad) was a mofo in the 70's, but a lot of us can retire before 60. The rest are working in an underground Iranian nuclear reactor.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what is your opinion of the following va universities?
Posted by: Cut the BS ()
Date: May 20, 2014 10:55AM

Different schools have particular strengths. GMU or VCU could have the strongest program in VA for a particular field. However, based on overall prestige, the list clearly goes like this:

First Tier: UVA, W&M, Tech
Second Tier: GMU, JMU, VCU, VMI, ODU
Third Tier: Everywhere else (Radford, Mary Wash, CNU, Longwood, etc)

If you primarily value prestige, it's an easy call. If you're an independent thinker, you have to work harder to find the "best" school for you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what is your opinion of the following va universities?
Posted by: ...... ()
Date: May 20, 2014 11:22AM

Current GMU student. I have two GRADUATES, one each from UVA and VT, and they are the biggest fucking morons I've ever had to deal with.

They make the Marines I used to lead look like Rhodes Scholars.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what is your opinion of the following va universities?
Posted by: ........ ()
Date: May 20, 2014 11:22AM

...... Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Current GMU student. I have two GRADUATES, one
> each from UVA and VT, working for me and they are the biggest
> fucking morons I've ever had to deal with.
>
> They make the Marines I used to lead look like
> Rhodes Scholars.


Fixed.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what is your opinion of the following va universities?
Posted by: To GMU ()
Date: May 20, 2014 02:02PM

........ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...... Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Current GMU student. I have two GRADUATES, one
> > each from UVA and VT, working for me and they
> are the biggest
> > fucking morons I've ever had to deal with.
> >
> > They make the Marines I used to lead look like
> > Rhodes Scholars.
>
>
> Fixed.

Drawing conclusions about a university from a statistically-insignificant sample would suggest that you are the moron.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what is your opinion of the following va universities?
Posted by: ..... ()
Date: May 20, 2014 02:05PM

To GMU Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ........ Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > ...... Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > Current GMU student. I have two GRADUATES,
> one
> > > each from UVA and VT, working for me and they
> > are the biggest
> > > fucking morons I've ever had to deal with.
> > >
> > > They make the Marines I used to lead look
> like
> > > Rhodes Scholars.
> >
> >
> > Fixed.
>
> Drawing conclusions about a university from a
> statistically-insignificant sample would suggest
> that you are the moron.

You would be correct in any other venue other than FFU. However, since both schools are so highly talked up here, in context, my observation is valid.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what is your opinion of the following va universities?
Posted by: GMU ()
Date: May 20, 2014 07:23PM

George Mason University, anyone?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what is your opinion of the following va universities?
Posted by: Va native ()
Date: March 23, 2015 05:08PM

UVA: Way overrated. Have you been watching the news lately? Reputation is going down the drain.
VT: really good school, good food. Too much focus on football and beer and fraternities
W&M: fantastic school. Pricey but worth it. Also the most work of all VA schools and a high suicide rate
GMU: it's an ok school. It's getting better each year. Mostly commenters though, and it will always be that way as the only school in NOVA besides the community college.
VCU: Way underrated. Now, the sketchy/unsafe thing was true years go, but now it's really getting better. And so is the school as a whole.
JMU: beautiful campus, good academics, but not diverse at all.
CNU: don't know much. Beautiful campus, near the beach.
Radford: don't
Odu: don't.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what is your opinion of the following va universities?
Posted by: edxwk ()
Date: March 23, 2015 05:26PM

Va native Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> UVA: Way overrated. Have you been watching the
> news lately? Reputation is going down the drain.
> VT: really good school, good food. Too much focus
> on football and beer and fraternities
> W&M: fantastic school. Pricey but worth it. Also
> the most work of all VA schools and a high suicide
> rate
> GMU: it's an ok school. It's getting better each
> year. Mostly commenters though, and it will always
> be that way as the only school in NOVA besides the
> community college.

Commenters (like those on FFXU) or *commuters*? Be clear.


> VCU: Way underrated. Now, the sketchy/unsafe thing
> was true years go, but now it's really getting
> better. And so is the school as a whole.
> JMU: beautiful campus, good academics, but not
> diverse at all.
> CNU: don't know much. Beautiful campus, near the
> beach.
> Radford: don't
> Odu: don't.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what is your opinion of the following va universities?
Posted by: Jaybo ()
Date: March 26, 2015 12:15AM

Why are so many of you so jealous of UVA students. Just face it, it's one of the best schools in the US/world. Only US campus that's a UN Heritage site, and is Jefferson's university, which all Americans should be proud of.

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: Previous12All
Current Page: 2 of 2


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
 ********  **         **    **  **     **  **    ** 
 **        **    **   **   **   ***   ***   **  **  
 **        **    **   **  **    **** ****    ****   
 ******    **    **   *****     ** *** **     **    
 **        *********  **  **    **     **     **    
 **              **   **   **   **     **     **    
 ********        **   **    **  **     **     **    
This forum powered by Phorum.