HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Hillary Convention Disaster Day 3: The Bad News Continues To Make Headlines
Posted by: Tired of Hillary ()
Date: July 28, 2016 08:57AM

Day 3 brought us more of the same. Hillary's "We Made History" message was drowned out by other headlines. Highlight was President Obama's speech. Sadly, the headline became Obama referring to himself 119 times while "nominating" Hillary.

https://news.grabien.com/story-watch-obama-refer-himself-119-times-during-hillary-nominatin

Bernie Sanders announced he is leaving the Democrat party, which might have been expected after the beating he took from the DNC leadership, though he could have at least waited until after the convention.

http://heatst.com/politics/bernie-sanders-leaves-the-democratic-party/

Bernie's supporters and delegates went home, being replaced by seat fillers paid $50 per night to cheer for Hillary:

http://www.infowars.com/bernie-delegate-dnc-is-replacing-sanders-supporters-with-paid-seat-fillers-to-create-fake-unity/

Meanwhile, the LA Times reported that Donald Trump had increased his lead over Hillary to 7.3 percent:

http://www.latimes.com/politics/

Hillary was also called out for trying to claim a crying Bernie supporter as her own. Comments included: Her whole platform is a lie; this should be no surprise, and Painting a False Picture:

http://ijr.com/2016/07/659802-hillary-gets-called-out-for-using-a-deceptive-photo-to-make-herself-look-good/?utm_source=email&utm_campaign=morning-newsletter&utm_medium=owned

But the biggest headlines were generated hundreds of miles away, as Trump called on the Russians to find Hillary's missing emails, thus keeping the the scandals in the news:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/28/us/politics/donald-trump-russia-clinton-emails.html?_r=0

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hillary Convention Disaster Day 3: The Bad News Continues To Make Headlines
Posted by: Genius for President ()
Date: July 28, 2016 09:02AM

Tired of Hillary Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> But the biggest headlines were generated hundreds
> of miles away, as Trump called on the Russians to
> find Hillary's missing emails, thus keeping the
> the scandals in the news:
>
> http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/28/us/politics/dona
> ld-trump-russia-clinton-emails.html?_r=0

Trump is a genius. His request was clearly with tongue firmly planted in cheek, but the Democrats pounced on it, generating even more free publicity for him - in the middle of the Democrat convention.

Posted by: But What About The Republicans ()
Date: July 28, 2016 09:05AM

I can't help but compare all this crap to the accusations thrown around while the Republican convention was happening.

It's almost like Republican revenge: Democrat disunity, scandals that won't die, delegate walk outs, protests in the streets.

Not a good week for Hillary.

Posted by: Much more ()
Date: July 28, 2016 10:29AM

You missed so much from yesterday.

Obama's speech was, "Buy Hillary, get more of me."
http://nypost.com/2016/07/27/hillarys-impossible-dnc-task-reinvent-herself-now/

Pelosi saying why Hillary is losing the white male vote.
http://nypost.com/2016/07/28/hillary-losing-white-male-vote-because-of-guns-gays-and-god-pelosi/

Moishe Mana, a top fundraiser for Clinton, has offered to give $1 million to the charity of Trump’s choice if he makes them public. He joins an unnamed donor working with Clinton ally David Brock who has made a similar offer of $5 million.

Rahm Emanuel was mocked at the Democratic National Convention — in a ten-minute video introduction to Wednesday’s most important speaker, President Obama.
http://nypost.com/2016/07/28/rahm-emanuel-mocked-for-opposing-obamacare-at-dnc/

More funnies: Bill Clinton wants to be called "First Laddy." “He likes to harken back to his Irish roots so I think he’d love to be called `first laddy,’ ” Chelsea told NBC’s “Today” show in an interview aired Thursday morning, hours ahead of her big speech for Hillary in Philadelphia.

Posted by: Big Talk ()
Date: July 28, 2016 10:56AM

Much more Wrote:

> Moishe Mana, a top fundraiser for Clinton, has
> offered to give $1 million to the charity of
> Trump’s choice if he makes them public. He joins
> an unnamed donor working with Clinton ally David
> Brock who has made a similar offer of $5 million.

I'd make damn sure that money was in an untouchable escrow account before accepting the offer. I wouldn't trust either of those two to deliver.

Posted by: Thunder ()
Date: July 28, 2016 03:22PM

And tonight they are threatening to remove the protesters because it might rain.

Posted by: Ohtheworld... ()
Date: July 28, 2016 05:48PM

To be honest with you guys, I don't like either any of the people who are running to be president, I can't believe they let any of them enter the elections.

Posted by: *Yawn* ()
Date: July 28, 2016 06:00PM

Tired of Hillary Wrote:
> Day 3 brought us more of the same. Hillary's "We
> Made History" message was drowned out by other
> headlines. Highlight was President Obama's
> speech. Sadly, the headline became Obama
> referring to himself 119 times while "nominating"
> Hillary.

Wake me up when the Dems start to plagiarize like the Repubs did.

Posted by: Fairy Tales ()
Date: July 28, 2016 06:01PM

And then the Big Bad Wolf said, I'll huff, and I'll puff, and I'll BLOW your house down. Donald Trump is MUCH less of a threat than the Big Bad Wolf.

Posted by: dialing for opinions ()
Date: July 28, 2016 06:04PM

Fairy Tales Wrote:
> And then the Big Bad Wolf said, I'll huff, and
> I'll puff, and I'll BLOW your house down. Donald
> Trump is MUCH less of a threat than the Big Bad
> Wolf.

And yet he's up on Hilliary in the polls.

Posted by: Hillary Lies , Ambassador Dies ()
Date: July 28, 2016 06:54PM

*Yawn* Wrote:

>
> Wake me up when the Dems start to plagiarize like
> the Repubs did.

While you were sleeping, did you miss these?

Barack Obama: “Don’t tell me words don’t matter.” As then-Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) surpassed Hillary Clinton in the Democratic primary, largely on the strength of his oratory, Clinton said that Obama’s record was “just words.” Obama responded in a speech whose refrain was lifted from then-Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick. The Obama campaign did not even bother to refute the claim. Instead, it circulated examples of lines that it said Clinton herself had borrowed from Obama. The left media defended Obama, saying that he had not committed plagiarism, but merely, at worst, “poor footnoting.”

Hillary Clinton: “No bank can be too big to fail, no executive too powerful to jail.” After the Obama campaign accused Clinton of stealing lines in 2008 — a claim supplemented by The New Republic, which accused her of stealing lines from then-Sen. John Edwards (D-NC) — she ought to have learned her lesson. But in 2016, she stole lines from Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT), who responded by telling NBC News’ Meet the Press, jokingly: “We’re looking into the copyright issues here.” Clinton was accused of lifting other lines, too — and Sanders supporters responded on Twitter with the wry hashtag: #StealtheBern.

Joe Biden: “My ancestors who worked in the coal mines…”. Biden was found to have borrowed heavily from the oratory — and the biography — of British Labour Party leader Neal Kinnock, without attribution. In addition, it was discovered he had committed plagiarism while in law school. The scandal helped bring down Biden’s presidential campaign in 1988 — though Biden’s angry outburst at a reporter — “I think I probably have a much higher IQ than you do, I suspect” — didn’t help, either.

Michelle Obama: “…the world as it should be.” In 2008, the aspiring First Lady was accused by bloggers of lifting lines for her DNC speech from Saul Alinsky. Alinsky wrote, in Rules for Radicals (emphasis added): “The standards of judgment must be rooted in the whys and wherefores of life as it is lived, the world as it is, not our wished-for fantasy of the world as it should be.” Michelle Obama said: “And Barack stood up that day, and he spoke words that have stayed with me ever since. He talked about ‘the world as it is‘ and ‘the world as it should be.'” (Perhaps Mr. Obama who left out the attribution.)

Posted by: Steal the Bern ()
Date: July 28, 2016 06:57PM

Hillary Clinton has officially stopped trying to conceal the fact she steals rhetoric and talking points from her opponent, Senator Bernie Sanders.

During her victory speech after winning Texas, Alabama, Virginia, Tennessee, Massachusetts, Arkansas, and Georgia on Super Tuesday, Ms. Clinton told supporters in Miami that “this country belongs to all of us, not just those at the top.” Aside from making no sense whatsoever—given Ms. Clinton is technically “the top,” as the Clintons’ combined net worth is estimated at over $100 million—her statement is a blatant ripoff of a line Mr. Sanders has used often throughout his presidential campaign.

Ms. Clinton’s plagiarism doesn’t stop here. As a lead to affirming his stance on campaign finance reform and other issues, Mr. Sanders often begins by mentioning it might not be a popular thing to say as a presidential candidate. Ms. Clinton stole that line during her victory speech as well.

“Now it might be unusual, as I’ve said before, for a presidential candidate to say this, but I’m going to keep saying it,” Ms. Clinton announced. “I believe what we need in America today is more love and kindness.”

Twitter has responded to Ms. Clinton’s use of Mr. Sanders’ lines with the hashtag #StealTheBern, and CNN Political Commentator Van Jones pointed out, “You could have switched speeches tonight. Hillary Clinton’s speech and Bernie Sanders. If you just switched them, you would not have known the difference. That is the impact that Sanders has had on this race and Hillary Clinton.”

Last month, Mr. Sanders joked on NBC’s Meet the Press, “We’re looking into the copyright issues here, those are our words.” Mr. Sanders referred to Ms. Clinton’s victory speech after winning Nevada, where she stole, verbatim, talking points often used by Mr. Sanders on Wall Street reform.

Does Hillary Clinton actually think that capitalizing on Mr. Sanders’ rhetoric will inoculate voters from feeling the Bern?

Posted by: Hard Choices ()
Date: July 28, 2016 06:59PM

Large portions of Hillary Clinton’s $14-million memoir Hard Choices are copied from more than a dozen public speeches, congressional testimony she made while serving as secretary of state, and her previous book Living History, a Washington Free Beacon analysis found.

Other passages mirror writing from other authors, including a speech given by her husband, Bill Clinton, in 1998, and an op-ed co-authored by Adm. James Stavridis, the former military commander of NATO, in the New York Times in 2011.

Clinton also appears to have recycled a sentence from Hard Choices in her review of Henry Kissinger’s book World Order, which appeared in the Washington Post on Sept. 14, 2014, three months after her book was published.

The book does not cite the segments that were drawn from prior speeches or note that the speeches were used in the acknowledgements.

http://freebeacon.com/politics/hillary-clinton-plagiarized-self-repeatedly-in-hard-choices/

Posted by: *Yawn* ()
Date: July 28, 2016 07:47PM

Hillary Lies , Ambassador Dies Wrote:
> Derp dee doo

Those sure are some obscure little 'examples' ya got there. Had to reach so far, I can see the stretch marks on 'em... lol.

When Bill Clinton steals entire paragraphs of his DNC speech from, I don't know...Sarah Palin, you make sure to wake me up, m'kay? lol.

Posted by: Clinton Lies and Plagiarize ()
Date: July 28, 2016 11:08PM

*Yawn* Wrote:
> Hillary Lies , Ambassador Dies Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------

>
> When Bill Clinton steals entire paragraphs of his
> DNC speech from, I don't know...Sarah Palin, you
> make sure to wake me up, m'kay? lol.

You make this way too easy.

BILL CLINTON PLAGIARIZED HIS SPEECH AT TODAY’S DEMOCRATIC NATIONAL CONVENTION
https://adobochronicles.com/2016/07/26/bill-clinton-plagiarized-his-speech-at-todays-democratic-national-convention/

Flashback: Bill Clinton Stole Lines From Catholic Priest For 1993 Inauguration Address
http://dailycaller.com/2016/07/19/flashback-bill-clinton-stole-lines-from-catholic-priest-for-1993-inauguration-address/#ixzz4FlO27B00

Bill Clinton’s big convention lie
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/07/bill_clintons_big_convention_lie_.html

If you still can't sleep after reading these, let me know and I will post more.

Posted by: Bill Clinton Lies ()
Date: July 28, 2016 11:10PM

There is no word in English that captures Bill Clinton. Plagiarism comes from the Latin to kidnap, and this is so much closer to what is being done. Yet Clinton simply did not borrow Kennedy’s words or ideas. It is one thing to say that you supported and helped Ted Kennedy, but quite another to erase him and bury his legacy under a pile of rhetorical dirt.

The most troubling part was the most obvious. He believed it as he surely believes that a lie gains truth if you tell it just the right way. What is worse is the plotting and scheming to get such a speech just right. I wonder if anyone, writer or early reader, had the temerity to question its central and fallacious premise. You can only imagine the kind of administration this foreshadows.

Bright people have a special responsibility. You can put your talent to good or bad use. Tuesday night, another chapter in their revisionist history was spoken. It was quite remarkable, both in the doing and in the surety that no listener would call them to task. Oh yes, the book title will be The Art of the Lie.

Mark Twain said it right: “when in doubt, tell the truth.”

Posted by: Impeach ()
Date: July 28, 2016 11:12PM

Lied.
To the American people.
Then under oath.
Got himself impeached.
The legacy of Bill Clinton.

Posted by: Hilldog voters must die ()
Date: July 28, 2016 11:42PM

Attachments:
hillaryvoting_1.jpg

Posted by: McLovin ()
Date: July 28, 2016 11:52PM

hahaha
Attachments:
oldtrump.jpg

Posted by: It's Over ()
Date: July 29, 2016 09:20AM

Thank God it's over.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.