HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Who do you guys have for cell phone?
Posted by: Jimmy johnny ()
Date: May 31, 2016 05:23AM

Wondering what carrier everyone uses for their cell phone? The Sprinr store in Greenbriar is offering $60 for 4 lines

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who do you guys have for cell phone?
Posted by: I am frugal ()
Date: May 31, 2016 07:14AM

Trac phone. $8 a month for one phone. Can buy extra minutes, text, and data as needed.

Posted by: Old Guy ()
Date: May 31, 2016 07:29AM

Nextel

I haven't received a bill in years, or any calls.

Odd

Posted by: mr pancho ()
Date: May 31, 2016 08:40AM

Cricket since 08 great service no complaints

Posted by: Director ()
Date: May 31, 2016 08:51AM

My company pays for my Verizon smartphone. I don't know what kind of data or calling plan it has, I just use it as much as I need to and I don't see the bills.

Posted by: cheapass ()
Date: May 31, 2016 09:46AM

T-mobile---

$40 prepaid, unlimited text and talk, 3GB data included, free streaming (youtube, netflix) so that doesn't count against your data, free wi-fi calling, free hotspotting (using the cell data to connect my tablet while on the road and no available wifi) I can cancel at any time but I have yet to find a better deal for the pricepoint and service.

Posted by: Great deal ()
Date: May 31, 2016 12:07PM

You guys should go in to the Sprint store because there's a fellow there who can actually give you cheaper rates than advertised by tricking the system. I was able to get 10 lines for $80 a month with 2GB data on each line along with unlimited talk and text. It's been excellent and he was probably the best salesperson i have dealt with.

Posted by: CTF93 ()
Date: June 04, 2016 01:32PM

I got a Trump phone, but the Siri character just keeps screaming nonsense all day long, just like the Donald. I tried to return it, but the restocking fee was more than I'd paid for the darned thing to start out with.

Posted by: xX7Xy ()
Date: June 05, 2016 10:56AM

cheapass Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> T-mobile---
>
> $40 prepaid, unlimited text and talk, 3GB data
> included, free streaming (youtube, netflix) so
> that doesn't count against your data, free wi-fi
> calling, free hotspotting (using the cell data to
> connect my tablet while on the road and no
> available wifi) I can cancel at any time but I
> have yet to find a better deal for the pricepoint
> and service.

T-Mobile is $10 / mo. "pre-paid" (buy extra minutes).

however pre-paid doesn't mean what it used to: they accept credit

it used to be you could not buy insurance or anything pre-paid on credit, since a retailer, if credit is not paid, never gets the money. that places "the debt" if there is a failure on the government not the company doing business.

however - during obama.gov - it was changed: you can now buy pre-paid, insurance of any kind: on credit.

(in other words - it's not really pre-paid dummy !!)

trac phone i think are crappy phones at 7-11?

T-Mobile for $10 services iPhone

use allot of wasteful cell data / minutes? then get a "bulk rate plan". $40 is one plan. but really they will up-sell anything your asking for if your paying more money.

Posted by: LH9h6 ()
Date: June 05, 2016 10:57AM

^^ i'm sure ATT&T or Verizon may have benefits. but i'm happy with pre-paid, no need yet to search for something different, and neither of them seem to want to sell those plans

Posted by: straighttalk ()
Date: June 05, 2016 10:59AM

Straighttalk - $38 per month - Unlimited everything (internet gets slowed down after 5gb iirc)

Posted by: nYYxn ()
Date: June 05, 2016 11:01AM

i was told by someone that TRAC PHONE at 7-11 are popular with illegals calling home to their country (possibly as spies), also popular with criminals. that these phones are not really "the answer to having no pay phones" that anyone can get a phone at a nearby retailer on the lark. the company's sole income is profitting off crime.

i was told yes - trac phone is a company who makes a criminal product - similar to a company outside Virginia selling "speed radar detectors" to those wishing to speed, in Virginia. it's illegal.

"trac phone"'s sale point and claim to phame is they "cannot be tracked" and are usually purchased $cash

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.