HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Where besides Lowes and Home Depot can one find cabinet hardware in the area?
Posted by: ...in the 22039 ()
Date: May 14, 2016 09:58PM

Looking for a set of hardware, including hinges for cabinets in the kitchen. Loves and Home Depot have some pretty generic stuff. Not terrible, but not exactly inspiring.

I don't want to go to Restoration Hardware, as they are way overpriced. What else do I have for options in Fairfax or PW counties?

TIA.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Where besides Lowes and Home Depot can one find cabinet hardware in the area?
Posted by: bhMMn ()
Date: May 14, 2016 10:03PM

I guess this doesn't apply to cabinet hardware, but West Marine has a really good electrical hardware section.

Re: Where besides Lowes and Home Depot can one find cabinet hardware in the area?
Posted by: Vob Billa ()
Date: May 15, 2016 06:36AM

Are there any Fischer's left? I know springfield one is gone, but the one right near oldtown fairfax my still be there. Other than that probably best place would be the internet.

Posted by: Hillary Rodham ()
Date: May 15, 2016 07:47AM

I just steal it from the White House.

Posted by: Radon's Daughter ()
Date: May 15, 2016 04:04PM

Woodcraft. Just moved in next to Kilroy's. Everybody here should know where that is.

They moved from the same shoping center as Ficher's - so there really is no reason to go there any more. The move is new enough that the new location isn't on the woodcraft website.

Posted by: Radon's Daughter ()
Date: May 15, 2016 04:06PM

Posted by: Laszurus ()
Date: May 15, 2016 04:20PM

Try Smoot Lumber in Alexandria. Only idiots buy anything from Home Depot or Lowes.

Posted by: Ludwig ()
Date: May 15, 2016 05:32PM

Posted by: Pontiac 1 ()
Date: May 16, 2016 09:16AM

Try a local habitat for humanity 'restore' place.

Yes, it's used stuff but hell, older cabinet hardware has more style.

Posted by: Posh Interiors ()
Date: May 16, 2016 10:16AM

Knobs and pulls are tough. Talk to a contractor. A decent one can direct you toward what might work for you. Keep in mind that what you are looking for is a place that makes the stuff you like, and then a place that sells the stuff that the first place makes. The touch and feel of pulls and knobs is very important, so don't just trust a pretty picture on the internet.

Posted by: other options ()
Date: May 16, 2016 10:18AM

Ikea

but the best place is the interwebz, amazon.com

Posted by: Mike O'Meara Show Fan ()
Date: May 17, 2016 04:15PM

I bet there's some in your kitchen.

Posted by: 3HTN7 ()
Date: May 18, 2016 09:07AM

3HTN7

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.