HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
WJFK Cans Peter Rosenberg
Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: August 26, 2006 12:30PM

This really shouldn't surprise anyone. WJFK finally did what needed to be done and fired Peter Rosenberg's sorry ass...

Rosenberg Gone From JFK - 8/23 - From DCRTV's Rumorama. We're told: "Effective 12:45 PM today Max (new PD at JFK) has terminated Rosenberg's employment with WJFK as a result of the (anti-Geronimo) statements Peter made (on last weekend's) show. No word as of yet on what this will mean for the New York deal." Peter Rosenberg (left), who had hosted late mornings until Opie and Anthony's re-arrival in June, has been feuding with JFK-FM afternooner Don Geronimo. The new program director at 106.7 is Max Dugan, we hear. Dugan, who replaces Greg Gillispie (who lasted six months at the Free FM talker), also programs CBS's co-owned classic rock WARW. Recently, Rosenberg did a test show at WFNY, CBS's Free FMer in NYC.....

...Who am I going to listen to now about how much he loves his f-ing girlfriend and how he isn't jealous of her former boyfriends. Good God, why doesn't the guy just get it surgically removed and become a full woman.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WJFK Cans Peter Rosenberg
Posted by: Hmmm ()
Date: August 28, 2006 08:12AM

Judging by the lack of responses, no one cares. Just as I suspected. He had a shitty college-type radio show that no one listened to. He was moved to the weekends because he couldn't cut it during the week. Then he decides to pop off against the one show that makes any money for WJFK and he gets fired. Gee, whoda thunk it? What an idiot. Maybe he better get his hip-hop posse together and go wreck some shit to show JFK who the man is! Too da loo Ass!

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: August 28, 2006 08:31AM

I sorta cared, given that Don Geronimo got his ass canned and all. But I thought he had been fired months ago.

dcrtv.com has given this topic more attention than the internet at large wanted...

Rosenberg was just not a very bright guy. He did not take trent reznor's advice....he bit the hand that fed him. Plus he lives with his parents and has a token black guy on his show, which is kinda rude. He should be the token jew on some other show, he should not have been allowed to have a show of his own.

He didn't pay dues and he didn't have any material.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2006 08:31AM by RESton Peace.

Posted by: Fairfax MF-er ()
Date: August 28, 2006 08:47AM

RESton Peace Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I sorta cared, given that Don Geronimo got his ass
> canned and all. But I thought he had been fired
> months ago.
>
> dcrtv.com has given this topic more attention than
> the internet at large wanted...
>
> Rosenberg was just not a very bright guy. He did
> not take trent reznor's advice....he bit the hand
> that fed him. Plus he lives with his parents and
> has a token black guy on his show, which is kinda
> rude. He should be the token jew on some other
> show, he should not have been allowed to have a
> show of his own.
>
> He didn't pay dues and he didn't have any
> material.

If you have ever worked in radio, you know there are a million guys like Peter Rosenberg out there. They have no talent and no concept about how to run a radio show, but they can talk big shit to clueless radio execs who hire them because of their line of B.S. Invariably this is what ends up happening to these Rosenberg types. I just give credit to Rosenberg for getting as far as he did and lasting as long as he did before a real programmer came in and fired his sorry ass.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: August 28, 2006 09:14AM

You've worked in radio, fairfax mfer? Not trying to be a dick, if you have I'm interested to hear some stories or at least where you worked..

Posted by: Lurker ()
Date: August 28, 2006 09:40AM

Elliot in the Morning on DC101 is about the only show worth listening to. Good because they often get the first word about local stuff going on and a lot of 'caller' updates. It's educational. LOL

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: August 28, 2006 10:28AM

Can someone summarize what the comments were? Was it just stuff like "Don Geronimo is a dick" or was it something worse?

Posted by: 345 ()
Date: August 28, 2006 12:56PM

"Elliot in the Morning on DC101 is about the only show worth listening to."

Tell me you are kidding. Elliot is a fucking douchebag. Flounder has more talent than he does. So do Diane's tits.

Posted by: Jcam ()
Date: August 28, 2006 01:32PM

"Flounder has more talent than he does."

Don't you mean that Flounder has more FAT than Elliot. LOL

Posted by: Kpens ()
Date: August 28, 2006 01:33PM

I agree Flounder is a "FAT FUCK."

Date: August 28, 2006 01:34PM

RESton Peace Wrote:
> You've worked in radio, fairfax mfer? Not trying
> to be a dick, if you have I'm interested to hear
> some stories or at least where you worked..

I didn't work in this market. I worked for a couple of stations out West in the late 80s and early 90s before I realized what a dead-end the industry is. What I remember from the experience is that there is a high proportion of cokeheads (usually is sales or management), burnt-out rock 'n roll wannabes (usually DJs), high school drop-outs (usually news readers), and trailer-trash single moms working in radio. Every once in a while you would get someone coming through who was certifiably insane (like not bathing, pedophile tendancies or someone who stabbed someone else once) working as a board op. Good times.

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: August 28, 2006 01:53PM

yeah I worked in radio a little bit myself. I even know a couple of people who have interned for D&M, speaking of this thread. They had good memories but everyone acknowledges that radio is a hard business to be in. Backstabbing personalities everywhere.

Posted by: Opie and Anthony ()
Date: August 28, 2006 02:11PM

Opie and Anthony Rock

Date: August 28, 2006 02:23PM

Opie and Anthony Wrote:
> Opie and Anthony Rock

You know, I've been listening to O&A since they started on JFK. They are like a really boring Howard Stern. Seriously. They talked about lighting people's asses on fire and what was essentially their version of the "wack pack," Stern trademarks from a decade ago. The whole time there was nothing funny being said. I guess the blowjob in St. Pat's was their career high point.

Posted by: Postit ()
Date: August 28, 2006 03:04PM

"Opie and Anthony Rock" Yeah... if you are about 14 years old.

Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: August 28, 2006 09:07PM

Sheesh. No wonder this guy is afraid his girlfriend will leave him....

http://imgsrvbackup.intertechmedia.com/image/DbLiteGraphic/200603/17469.jpg

He's chunky. He lives in his parents' basement. Now he's unemployed. What a loser.

Posted by: STEWMAC ()
Date: March 21, 2018 03:57PM

Holy Shit! I didn't even know he was still alive!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.