HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Local worst tippers
Posted by: deliverydriver ()
Date: April 20, 2016 09:21AM

College student here working part-time and contributing to society.

Delivery drivers or waiters: Out of curiosity who are your worst tipper or who treated you without respect?

I don't want to out myself or the company I work for, but I delivered to a Fairfax honda and one of their employees treated me disrespectful, because I forgot an item that was not requested at the time of the order. He had added the optional item after I had left. It was an honest mistake and I apologized, but he didn't have to treat me the way he did. Mind you, this only happened once with this specific guy, other employees there are actually pleasant and generous.

I also had a doctor order $45 worth of food and tipped $2.

Not trying to complain, since I chose to do this job for the experience. Former bartenders, waiters, and delivery drivers will understand.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Local worst tippers
Posted by: Soda Jerk ()
Date: April 20, 2016 09:26AM

I can't recall specific individuals I've dealt with that weren't good tippers, but in general, European customers are the worst. Not because they are dicks, but because food service and hospitality workers in European countries are paid regular wages and tipping doesn't exist. Some are pretty good about adjusting to how things are done here, and tip but many if not most flat out refuse to do it.

Date: April 20, 2016 09:29AM

Most black students at mason give no tip at all.

Posted by: Uther Pendragon ()
Date: April 20, 2016 11:09AM

Born Again Evangelical types are the fucking worst

Posted by: Got to be truthful ()
Date: April 20, 2016 11:34AM

deliverydriver Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Most black students at mason give no tip at all.

Black customers are usually a nightmare to deal with. Those people require special items, and they commonly complain that the food is not to their liking, food is not hot enough, food is not what they ordered, food is too small a portion, there is a hair in my food - After consuming 75% of the food on the plate.

After repeated return trips to the kitchen, the manager usually has to be called in because they refuse to pay for any or all items. Having a large group of 8 or more automatically kicks in the 15% Tip, and this sets up the attempt to break up the check, and demands for free deserts.

They don't tip. They don't want to pay their check, and they waste food by sending items back over and over. I now understand why Denny's had the pay first concept years ago.

Posted by: Server Dude ()
Date: April 20, 2016 11:52AM

Blacks seem to be the worst, small tips, stupid requests (asking to take extra bread and salad to go all the time)............its ok though the special ones get a little extra on the meal, free of charge.

Posted by: Former waiter ()
Date: April 20, 2016 11:52AM

I agree black customers were the worse tippers. The don't think waiters deserve tips. When I graduated college my first job was in a professional services firm, I went out to a group lunch where the majority of attendees were black. We had a bill that was over $300 and the black women refused to tip. I asked why and the black women gave a bunch of execues, one even played the slavery card and said she would never tip a white person who waited on her because blacks have been servicing whites for centuries and it was time for payback!

Posted by: The worst ()
Date: April 20, 2016 12:16PM

I imgaine any kind of sandnigger has to be the worst tipper.

These people will do anything to screw others out of their hard earned money.

Gypsies are pretty bad if not worse as well.

Posted by: LetsRock ()
Date: April 20, 2016 01:00PM

Got to be truthful Wrote:
> deliverydriver Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Most black students at mason give no tip at
> all.
>
>
> Black customers are usually a nightmare to deal
> with. Those people require special items, and they
> commonly complain that the food is not to their
> liking, food is not hot enough, food is not what
> they ordered, food is too small a portion, there
> is a hair in my food - After consuming 75% of the
> food on the plate.
>
> After repeated return trips to the kitchen, the
> manager usually has to be called in because they
> refuse to pay for any or all items. Having a large
> group of 8 or more automatically kicks in the 15%
> Tip, and this sets up the attempt to break up the
> check, and demands for free deserts.
>
> They don't tip. They don't want to pay their
> check, and they waste food by sending items back
> over and over. I now understand why Denny's had
> the pay first concept years ago.

They also want their food prepared "fresh". They don't want the French fries already in the bins. They want burgers and fries cooked at the time of order.

Posted by: bmdsb ()
Date: April 20, 2016 01:07PM

I usually tip 15-20% depending on the service...For delivery I usually give $5. If I'm doing take-out I either don't tip for give $1-2.

The thing I don't get is why is the tip based on a % of how much you are spending? Why am I expected to tip more because I want to spend more / have a better meal? You aren't bringing me plate after plate etc, just a single plate because I wanted a nice steak and I'm expected to pay YOU more because of it??? It just doesn't make sense to me.

Posted by: bmdsb ()
Date: April 20, 2016 01:14PM

Also another question...

When you are eating at a table and order $10 drinks etc, do you subtract the drink prices and then do your tip based on the remaining amount and add $1 per drink?

When you get delivery do you base your tip including the delivery fee or just on what you ordered?

Posted by: Tipper ()
Date: April 20, 2016 01:34PM

I tip based on the service I get plus deals. For instance if I go to a bar that has $1 beers and I have a $4 tab, I may tip $4. A dollar for each beer since I am still saving about $2 a beer.

Plus $8 dollars for 4 beers is more than reasonable and occupying a bar seat for two hours.

So my tipping formula is:
10% + fast\good service + deals + time in the place + returning to the place?

If I go to a new place I often tip well the first time to setup a good impression. That works wonders for future visits.

Posted by: FoolSmacker ()
Date: April 20, 2016 01:38PM

bmdsb Wrote:
>
> When you are eating at a table and order $10
> drinks etc, do you subtract the drink prices and
> then do your tip based on the remaining amount and
> add $1 per drink?

If you're ordering $10 drinks, and tipping $1 per drink, you're a lousy tipper. A $10 drink is generally a multi-ingredient cocktail that needs to be made. It's not the same as tipping a buck a beer, where the bartender just has to pull a tap or pop a bottle cap.

Why are you splitting the drinks out anyway? Just tip on the total, and keep it simple.

---------------------------------
Who knows from whence he came, and who knows where he goes, dot dot dot.

Posted by: Tipper ()
Date: April 20, 2016 01:41PM

Funny story about tip. I was at a bar with $1 bars. There were two big time lawyers next me. They paid their tab and left. The hottie bartender came back and looked disgusted.

I asked her what the look was? She said "Those two lawyers I worked my ass to nice smile etc... their tab was $4, they sat here for three hours, they left me 75 cents. I should of told them to keep their 75 cents."

Posted by: Que? ()
Date: April 20, 2016 02:09PM

I find that douchebags who work for tips and think they "contribute to society" are generally the worst at earning a good tip.

Seriously, regardless of reason, a customer placed a specific order and did not receive complete order. You're lucky you got anything at all.

Date: April 20, 2016 02:10PM

During the winter, when roads were icy, One lady in her mid 30's tipped me 27 cents because she didnt have cash. she paid in credit card! I wanted to tell her "here is a tip: Salt your driveway!!" since I skidded around her driveway on my way to her home and back to my car.

Latinos are surprising the most generous, Even if it's in all quarters (I need laundry change after all).

I dislike going to McMansions since they are the most stingy. (not all of course, but 80% of the time I'll get $2-3).

Also, Quality autobody shop in Draper lane was very kind and generous.

Posted by: Que? ()
Date: April 20, 2016 02:11PM

That bartender "worked her ass off" to bring them each two beers? It was real hard for her to smile? She deserved every bit of that 18% gratuity.

Posted by: Sense, the common kind ()
Date: April 20, 2016 02:11PM

bmdsb Wrote:
> The thing I don't get is why is the tip based on a
> % of how much you are spending? Why am I expected
> to tip more because I want to spend more / have a
> better meal? You aren't bringing me plate after
> plate etc, just a single plate because I wanted a
> nice steak and I'm expected to pay YOU more
> because of it??? It just doesn't make sense to me.

I look at it this way: The tip you leave should reflect the quality of the service you have received from your server (and their support staff).

I am also mindful that my server is paid a wage of maybe $4/hr., so he or she is depending on me to make up the difference to what their 'real' wage should be, again based on their performance.

Posted by: You are wrong ()
Date: April 20, 2016 02:21PM

The worst Wrote:
> I imgaine any kind of sandnigger has to be the
> worst tipper.
>
> These people will do anything to screw others out
> of their hard earned money.
>
> Gypsies are pretty bad if not worse as well.

Arabs actually I have found are the most generous of tippers. Especially those coming from the Gulf States. They have the money to throw around, and when you provide them with good service, they reward you hansomely for it. I would know,I waiter at Maggiano's in Tysons 2 and have on occasion gotten tips up to $120. You are just dumb and ignorant and where the fuck are you going to find Gypsies in Northern VA? Fail on your part.

Posted by: Nipnotsignedin ()
Date: April 20, 2016 02:27PM

I always give my delivery drivers a 5 spot in cash so they don't have to share it with the "team". They are good kids trying to earn a dollar. IF you don't tip your delivery person and treat them with respect they will jerk off on your pizza. IT's true I used to do it when the guy at the house was an asshole or his wife was hot.

Nip

Posted by: Nancy Saldgado ()
Date: April 20, 2016 03:47PM

Is this an entree into a discussion about "Fight for $!5"?

Posted by: curiously curious ()
Date: April 20, 2016 03:52PM

What is everyone's take on tipping on carry out orders? I personally don't tip if I am going somewhere to pick up food. I don't see it necessary to compensate someone for handing me a bag.

Posted by: A Question ()
Date: April 20, 2016 05:17PM

Out of curiosity, since it's been mentioned, what percent of black people are lousy tippers or hard to deal with? What about men versus women, and old versus young blacks?

Posted by: pWLWX ()
Date: April 20, 2016 06:16PM

I'm a good tipper who worked in restaurants all thru college so I know - NO tip on carry-out. If I put on pants and drive to the restaurant to pick up my food, I did all the work. And handing me the credit card receipt and forcing me to write $0.00 on the tip line doesn't bother me at all. NO tip on carry-out EVER.

Posted by: PITA NOGS AND TIPPING ()
Date: April 20, 2016 06:30PM

I was just in Vegas and there were these 4 nog fat women at the bar and all of them were bitching how their drinks didn't taste right and wanted them free. The white lady bartender asked what was wrong with them and the fat nogs said "you are a bartender, who are you to question us?" The bartender asked me how my Bloody Mary was that the nogs ordered and I said tastes fine to me. The nogs left her no tip and walked away all like omg girl can you believe this shitty service?

It reminded me of when I was a waiter in college and we would all flip coins on who had to take the nigger table. Sand nigger camel fucker terrorists were the same.

Posted by: jHKHM ()
Date: April 20, 2016 08:02PM

Nipnotsignedin Wrote:
> I always give my delivery drivers a 5 spot in cash
> so they don't have to share it with the "team".
> They are good kids trying to earn a dollar. IF
> you don't tip your delivery person and treat them
> with respect they will jerk off on your pizza.
> IT's true I used to do it when the guy at the
> house was an asshole or his wife was hot.
>
> Nip

Did you a special device to defeat causality?

Posted by: Dixon Ticonderoga #2 ()
Date: April 20, 2016 08:46PM

At the Starbuck's on RT 29 just outside of Fairfax City, I ordered a regular coffee with cream, sugar, and 2 shots - Nothing special.

The "Super Barista" made a production out of the whole this, yelling to the "Apprentice Barista" what was to be put into her latest creation.

The "Hand Crafted" coffee came over to the "Coffee Presentation Area", which is where the tip jar was positioned. She politely handed me my cup of coffee, and reached with her other hand to retrieve the pencil positioned behind her ear.

The next move she made was too polished to be an impulsive act, as she tapped the edge of the tip jar with the pencil, as a suggestion or bringing it to my attention.

I don't tip at McDonald's, Burger King, 7-11, any place where I carry out a purchase, drive thru fast food, and certainly not a Starbuck's.

Posted by: asfdgdgh ()
Date: April 20, 2016 09:46PM

There are so many "service" jobs that people do that never get paid extra, yet we are expected to fill in someone's pay check because we feel guilty? FUCK THAT.

Seriously, they take an order, bring it to the table, smile...thanks mom. $20 for one table which probably only took up an hour.

Most servers do drugs anyways, so why would we be enablers?

Posted by: Day Trippers ()
Date: April 20, 2016 10:22PM

asfdgdgh Wrote:

> Most servers do drugs anyways, so why would we be
> enablers?

LMAO!

Posted by: TA ()
Date: April 20, 2016 10:23PM

I'm in high school and work as the cashier at Pizza Hut. People who order carry out rarely tip, and if they do it's usually a buck of two. When you have to split it between the three other guys you're working with, it doesn't add up to a whole lot. It kinda pisses me off, because drivers get big tips and they literally just stand and wait for their delivery to be made while the people in the store are actually making the pizzas and picking up phones. I understand why people don't tip though, it's not really a cultural thing to tip carry out workers like it is for waiters or delivery people.

Posted by: White People ()
Date: April 20, 2016 10:55PM

The worst tippers are rich old white people.

Posted by: Truthteller ()
Date: April 20, 2016 10:58PM

Tip jar at the self-serve frozen yogurt places where the customer gets the stuff themselves then places the container on the scale?! Please...

Posted by: Mr. Pink ()
Date: April 20, 2016 11:02PM

Attachments:
giphy-2.gif

Posted by: JJeyeudj ()
Date: April 27, 2016 02:32AM

First off, servers DO NOT get paid $4 an hour. They get paid an average of $2.30 an hour. Servers also tend to have to tip out 3% of their sales to the bussers/runners/bartenders. If you don't tip at least 18%, you're a shitty person.
I always tip on carry out. You should tip on carry out too even if it's just a dollar or two. Some restaurants, the people who take your carry out order are servers and like I said, they only get paid like $2 something an hour. Other places like PF changs have people for the take out station and they get paid like $6 which is less than minimum wage so a dollar really helps out.
In my experience and from what I've heard, I heard middle easterns are nightmares sometimes. High maintenance and messy and bad tippers. Waters with no ice. Sodas with no ice blah blah. Also heard some people get really lucky with them, since yeah, some of them are filthy rich and will tip you really well.
I've had bad experiences with black people as well. Some just tip shit and I feel like they don't care. Also have had really nice experiences with them too so it's a hit or miss.
And Chinese people are usually the worst at tipping from the asian group. Or any really old Asian person who can't speak any English and don't know tipping etiquette or are too old and stingy and set in their ways to care.

Posted by: the maitre d ()
Date: April 27, 2016 07:14AM

As others have said, the blacks generally don't tip. At several places where I've worked, there's usually a battle to determine who gets stuck with a black table. The more blacks, the more likely you will get nothing at all instead of the crumbs left by the small groups and families.

I think that's just who they are. They really have no empathy for other humans and are animals.

Posted by: Paging Dr. Bullshit ()
Date: April 27, 2016 08:03AM

Uther Pendragon Wrote:
> Born Again Evangelical types are the fucking worst

and how do you know these people are that type? and no way are they worst than niggers. no way.

Posted by: trying to get by ()
Date: April 27, 2016 08:14AM

The wait staff got together at my place a few years back and did some unscientific sampling of tips and race. We threw out all the mulattos and high yellas and only counted the parties where the race was clearly identifiable. We did this only on certain nights for a few months. Whites tipped an average of 17%, middle easterners were 16%, Asians 12%.

Middle easterners had the highest spread with some not tipping at all and others leaving huge tips.

Blacks came in at just under 3%. We had a lot of guesses about how bad they really were but you really can't put a number on it until you start keeping track. Our manager never knew about this and even the black waiters try to avoid black parties and they were clearly ashamed.

Their level of self entitlement as a customer is simply unmatched by any demographic. They demand anything and everything they can think of and treat you as their personal servant. There is a reason that most people only pretend to like them to be politically correct. I thought they were ok before I worked this job and I didn't want to be racist or anything but after this I understand why no one likes them.

Posted by: exdriver ()
Date: April 27, 2016 08:14AM

When I drove, a lot of customers would sign the slip and leave the tip blank. I added a generous, but not too much, tip. Against policy, probably illegal. Never once heard a complaint.

Posted by: You're an angry elf ()
Date: April 27, 2016 08:17AM

JJeyeudj Wrote:
> First off, servers DO NOT get paid $4 an hour.
> They get paid an average of $2.30 an hour. Servers
> also tend to have to tip out 3% of their sales to
> the bussers/runners/bartenders. If you don't tip
> at least 18%, you're a shitty person.
> I always tip on carry out. You should tip on carry
> out too even if it's just a dollar or two. Some
> restaurants, the people who take your carry out
> order are servers and like I said, they only get
> paid like $2 something an hour. Other places like
> PF changs have people for the take out station and
> they get paid like $6 which is less than minimum
> wage so a dollar really helps out.
> In my experience and from what I've heard, I heard
> middle easterns are nightmares sometimes. High
> maintenance and messy and bad tippers. Waters with
> no ice. Sodas with no ice blah blah. Also heard
> some people get really lucky with them, since
> yeah, some of them are filthy rich and will tip
> you really well.
> I've had bad experiences with black people as
> well. Some just tip shit and I feel like they
> don't care. Also have had really nice experiences
> with them too so it's a hit or miss.
> And Chinese people are usually the worst at
> tipping from the asian group. Or any really old
> Asian person who can't speak any English and don't
> know tipping etiquette or are too old and stingy
> and set in their ways to care.

Asking for no ice in a water or soda is 'high maintenance'. You seem like a mega-faggot.

Attachments:
angry elf.gif

Posted by: asadblackperson ()
Date: April 27, 2016 09:32AM

(puts flame suit on- because there are racists on this board.)

I am a black person who DOES tip. At least 20%.

My mother and father raised me properly.

Servers are surprised that I chase them down to make sure they get the cash in their hand (never on credit, due to unscrupulous restaurant owners).

I know of the stereotype, and know waiters will avoid me- but I try to break the mold.

Please don't lump ALL black people into one group, not all of us are "naggers" or were born in the inner city. There are upper-class and middle-class black people who were raised with MANNERS and learned to RESPECT one another in ALL races. That is what TPTB want you to believe- that ALL blacks are bad. Not true!! This is why we can't get jobs- then you want to complain black people are unemployed. When we can't even get hired in the first place. But that is another rant for another day...

I weep because that is exactly what happens everyday- the actions of a few bad black people make all of us look bad.

Just like there are "bad" white, hispanic, asian, middle-eastern, etc people- but we don't judge ALL of those groups bad because of a few bad ones- but for blacks it is an uphill battle.

Ok, back to work for me, just wanted to add in my 2cents.

Posted by: Education ()
Date: April 27, 2016 09:42AM

TA Wrote:
> I'm in high school and work as the cashier at
> Pizza Hut. People who order carry out rarely tip,
> and if they do it's usually a buck of two. When
> you have to split it between the three other guys
> you're working with, it doesn't add up to a whole
> lot. It kinda pisses me off, because drivers get
> big tips and they literally just stand and wait
> for their delivery to be made while the people in
> the store are actually making the pizzas and
> picking up phones. I understand why people don't
> tip though, it's not really a cultural thing to
> tip carry out workers like it is for waiters or
> delivery people.

Study in school, and don't make Pizza Hut a career.

Posted by: Monig's fat black ass ()
Date: April 27, 2016 09:43AM

asadblackperson Wrote:
> (puts flame suit on- because there are racists on
> this board.)
>
> I am a black person who DOES tip. At least 20%.
>
> My mother and father raised me properly.
>
> Servers are surprised that I chase them down to
> make sure they get the cash in their hand (never
> on credit, due to unscrupulous restaurant
> owners).
>
> I know of the stereotype, and know waiters will
> avoid me- but I try to break the mold.
>
> Please don't lump ALL black people into one group,
> not all of us are "naggers" or were born in the
> inner city. There are upper-class and middle-class
> black people who were raised with MANNERS and
> learned to RESPECT one another in ALL races. That
> is what TPTB want you to believe- that ALL blacks
> are bad. Not true!! This is why we can't get jobs-
> then you want to complain black people are
> unemployed. When we can't even get hired in the
> first place. But that is another rant for another
> day...
>
> I weep because that is exactly what happens
> everyday- the actions of a few bad black people
> make all of us look bad.
>
> Just like there are "bad" white, hispanic, asian,
> middle-eastern, etc people- but we don't judge ALL
> of those groups bad because of a few bad ones- but
> for blacks it is an uphill battle.
>
> Ok, back to work for me, just wanted to add in my
> 2cents.

No one but white trash think there aren't successful, happy, productive blacks. But they're still niggers. It's just the way it is.

Posted by: Not a Racist Theroy ()
Date: April 27, 2016 09:56AM

trying to get by Wrote:
> The wait staff got together at my place a few
> years back and did some unscientific sampling of
> tips and race. We threw out all the mulattos and
> high yellas and only counted the parties where the
> race was clearly identifiable. We did this only
> on certain nights for a few months. Whites tipped
> an average of 17%, middle easterners were 16%,
> Asians 12%.
>
> Middle easterners had the highest spread with some
> not tipping at all and others leaving huge tips.
>
> Blacks came in at just under 3%. We had a lot of
> guesses about how bad they really were but you
> really can't put a number on it until you start
> keeping track. Our manager never knew about this
> and even the black waiters try to avoid black
> parties and they were clearly ashamed.
>
> Their level of self entitlement as a customer is
> simply unmatched by any demographic. They demand
> anything and everything they can think of and
> treat you as their personal servant. There is a
> reason that most people only pretend to like them
> to be politically correct. I thought they were ok
> before I worked this job and I didn't want to be
> racist or anything but after this I understand why
> no one likes them.

Tipping is only one reason to be wary of Blacks. They rob, steal, murder, deal drugs, rape, and burn cities.

White slave owners in the "Old South" knew these facts, and kept them under control.

The war of Northern Aggression ruined a great country.

Posted by: Nice Guy Eddie ()
Date: April 27, 2016 10:03AM

Several years ago a blog discussed why servers often refer to blacks as Canadians. The general consensus was a) neither tipped well and b) if overheard discussing it they would not be accused of racism. It turned out the blog was mostly for and by black people. They were very open about not tipping more than about 10%. Sounded more like a cultural difference and not a case of sticking it to whitey.

Posted by: 6xjbH ()
Date: April 27, 2016 10:17AM

One of the worst delivering experiences is when a child opens the door and you hear the parent tell their kid "sign for me" and they do just that without adding gratuity.
When I ask to put the total amount (so they can see that there is a spot for a tip), the kid would just put the amount of the order. I would ask for an adult, but the adult will usually get upset for inconveniencing them. I can't win either way. :-/

As a minority, when I get served, I usually surprise the server with a at least a 20% tip...I say "surprised" because they usually don't expect that from a Hispanic female (at least I don't think they do).

FYI: this is a side job, I don't have to do it, but I enjoy it and it's extra income when I need it.

Posted by: cheap-o ()
Date: April 27, 2016 02:49PM

Delivering in Springfield several years ago, people tipped well in normal sized SFH or town home communities. When I went into neighborhoods like Daventry, with their upper middle class mcmansion-esque homes, those bastards were cheap.

Posted by: NOYOUARE! ()
Date: April 27, 2016 02:53PM

cheap-o Wrote:
> Delivering in Springfield several years ago,
> people tipped well in normal sized SFH or town
> home communities. When I went into neighborhoods
> like Daventry, with their upper middle class
> mcmansion-esque homes, those bastards were cheap.

You're the cheap one delivering food!

Posted by: getrichb ()
Date: April 27, 2016 02:56PM

I'm going to hand out NOVA booklets to all off these poor choice lifers from now on as a tip.

Posted by: Mike O'Meara Show Fan ()
Date: April 27, 2016 08:14PM

Nipnotsignedin Wrote:
> I always give my delivery drivers a 5 spot in cash
> so they don't have to share it with the "team".
> They are good kids trying to earn a dollar. IF
> you don't tip your delivery person and treat them
> with respect they will jerk off on your pizza.
> IT's true I used to do it when the guy at the
> house was an asshole or his wife was hot.
>
> Nip

How did they react when you followed them into the house and jerked off on their pizza? Did it result in a threeway?

Posted by: XhHGJ ()
Date: April 27, 2016 08:23PM

ME. if your insulting and late. i guarantee you get no tip.

hit on my date that's ok - i'm old enough to want to get rid of a chick that is devious enough to be scamming for phone numbers for a hour - hit on her - i want to know if she's a sack of shit actaully !

Posted by: Yeah whatever ()
Date: April 27, 2016 08:51PM

I delivered for Jerry's on Main St some years ago. That location is now closed. It was a dump.

Best tippers by far were people in their 30-40s in big houses, usually white. Asians tipped average and were polite. I don't remember a single black person ordering delivery from us.

The very worst ones were hillbilly-looking types and little kids whose mommies let them order. I had one kid pay me 11 dollars in fucking dimes, exact amount.

Posted by: Michonne ()
Date: April 30, 2016 11:34PM

asadblackperson Wrote:
> this board.)
>
>
>
> owners).
>
>
> day...
>
>
>
> 2cents.

You sound pathetic apologizing to a bunch of racists for what other black people choose to do with their money.

As for the forum post, I could care less how you're low-class life lead you to have to work for tips but I thank God, I've never had to do it and pray I never will.

Did someone really say Black people expected their food made fresh when they ordered it? Lmao! I know you couldn't have typed that with a straight face and not have been laughing. I swear that explains why you make $2 an hour and will be for the foreseeable future. So this is the shitty service white people are tipping you 90% for, yeah sure.

I currently tip 20-30% but I'll move to 3-10% to get within your expectations. Should this apply to bartenders too or just waiters? Thanks guys!

Posted by: De7D7 ()
Date: April 30, 2016 11:49PM

exdriver Wrote:
> When I drove, a lot of customers would sign the
> slip and leave the tip blank. I added a generous,
> but not too much, tip. Against policy, probably
> illegal. Never once heard a complaint.

Definitely illegal. Its credit card fraud.

Posted by: Averages ()
Date: April 30, 2016 11:52PM

asadblackperson Wrote:
> this board.)
>
>
>
> owners).
>
>
> day...
>
>
>
> 2cents.

There are always a few outliers in any equation be the averages are completely dead on about black tippers or should I say non-tippers?

Posted by: Freakanomics ()
Date: May 01, 2016 12:32AM

Race Differences in Tipping: Questions and Answers for the Restaurant Industry

Michael Lynn Ph.D., Cornell University

1-1-2006

Abstract

A widespread perception in the restaurant industry is that Black patrons tip less than do White customers. As a result, many waiters and waitresses dislike waiting on tables of Black parties, resist being assigned to serve Blacks, deliver inferior service to those black customers whom they must wait on, and refuse to work in restaurants with a large Black clientele. In turn, these attitudes and behavior reduce Blacks' patronage of table-service restaurants, contribute to discrimination lawsuits against restaurants, increase costs and reduce profits of restaurants with large Black clienteles, and deter restaurant chains from opening units in predominately Black communities. This report draws on the available research to pose and answer questions about race differences in tipping and about what servers, restaurant managers, industry organizations, and restaurant chains could do about those differences.

The available research indicates the following:

• Tips from Blacks are, on average, lower than those from Whites;

• Black-White differences in restaurant tipping are not caused solely by race
differences in socio-economic status;Black-White differences in restaurant
tipping are evident among the middleclass as well as the lower-class;

• Black-White differences in restaurant tipping do not disappear when both
groups get comparable service;

• Blacks tip less than Whites even when the server is Black;

• Blacks are much less familiar with the 15- to 20-percent restaurant tipping
norm than are Whites;

• Blacks tip less than do Whites in many (but not all) other service contexts;
and

• Asian-White and Hispanic-White differences in tipping are smaller, less
robust, and have drawn less attention than Black-White differences in
tipping.

http://scholarship.sha.cornell.edu/chrpubs/88/

Date: May 01, 2016 12:55AM

Freakanomics Wrote:
> Race Differences in Tipping: Questions and Answers
> for the Restaurant Industry
>
> Michael Lynn Ph.D., Cornell University
>
> 1-1-2006
>
> Abstract
>
> A widespread perception in the restaurant industry
> is that Black patrons tip less than do White
> customers. As a result, many waiters and
> waitresses dislike waiting on tables of Black
> parties, resist being assigned to serve Blacks,
> deliver inferior service to those black customers
> whom they must wait on, and refuse to work in
> restaurants with a large Black clientele. In turn,
> these attitudes and behavior reduce Blacks'
> patronage of table-service restaurants, contribute
> to discrimination lawsuits against restaurants,
> increase costs and reduce profits of restaurants
> with large Black clienteles, and deter restaurant
> chains from opening units in predominately Black
> communities. This report draws on the available
> research to pose and answer questions about race
> differences in tipping and about what servers,
> restaurant managers, industry organizations, and
> restaurant chains could do about those
> differences.
>
> The available research indicates the following:
>
> • Tips from Blacks are, on average, lower than
> those from Whites;
>
> • Black-White differences in restaurant tipping
> are not caused solely by race
> differences in socio-economic status;Black-White
> differences in restaurant
> tipping are evident among the middleclass as well
> as the lower-class;
>
> do not disappear when both
> groups get comparable service;
>
> • Blacks tip less than Whites even when the
> server is Black;
>
> • Blacks are much less familiar with the 15- to
> 20-percent restaurant tipping
> norm than are Whites;
>
> • Blacks tip less than do Whites in many (but
> not all) other service contexts;
> and
>
> • Asian-White and Hispanic-White differences in
> tipping are smaller, less
> robust, and have drawn less attention than
> Black-White differences in
> tipping.
>
> http://scholarship.sha.cornell.edu/chrpubs/88/

My point exactly! Facts are facts, black people are shitty tippers yet think it is racist because nobody wants to serve them. Common sense...

Date: May 01, 2016 12:57AM

And I forgot to mention the most difficult customers!

Posted by: It worked once ()
Date: May 01, 2016 01:13AM

Averages Wrote:
> And I forgot to mention the most difficult
> customers!

It might be beneficial to make restaurants "Whites Only" like they did years ago.

Posted by: FrankR. ()
Date: May 01, 2016 08:23AM

Freakanomics Wrote:
> Race Differences in Tipping: Questions and Answers
> for the Restaurant Industry
>
> Michael Lynn Ph.D., Cornell University
>
> 1-1-2006
>
> Abstract
>
> A widespread perception in the restaurant industry
> is that Black patrons tip less than do White
> customers. As a result, many waiters and
> waitresses dislike waiting on tables of Black
> parties, resist being assigned to serve Blacks,
> deliver inferior service to those black customers
> whom they must wait on, and refuse to work in
> restaurants with a large Black clientele. In turn,
> these attitudes and behavior reduce Blacks'
> patronage of table-service restaurants, contribute
> to discrimination lawsuits against restaurants,
> increase costs and reduce profits of restaurants
> with large Black clienteles, and deter restaurant
> chains from opening units in predominately Black
> communities. This report draws on the available
> research to pose and answer questions about race
> differences in tipping and about what servers,
> restaurant managers, industry organizations, and
> restaurant chains could do about those
> differences.
>
> The available research indicates the following:
>
> • Tips from Blacks are, on average, lower than
> those from Whites;
>
> are not caused solely by race
> differences in socio-economic status;Black-White
> differences in restaurant
> tipping are evident among the middleclass as well
> as the lower-class;
>
> do not disappear when both
> groups get comparable service;
>
> • Blacks tip less than Whites even when the
> server is Black;
>
> • Blacks are much less familiar with the 15- to
> 20-percent restaurant tipping
> norm than are Whites;
>
> • Blacks tip less than do Whites in many (but
> not all) other service contexts;
> and
>
> • Asian-White and Hispanic-White differences in
> tipping are smaller, less
> robust, and have drawn less attention than
> Black-White differences in
> tipping.
>
> http://scholarship.sha.cornell.edu/chrpubs/88/

This. Growing up in PG County, this is obvious. Folks who grew up in mostly white/wealthy areas just don't understand. Blacks most definitely live up to this study.

Posted by: Beerbelly Jones ()
Date: May 01, 2016 08:29AM

Tipper Wrote:
> I tip based on the service I get plus deals. For
> instance if I go to a bar that has $1 beers and I
> have a $4 tab, I may tip $4. A dollar for each
> beer since I am still saving about $2 a beer.
>
> Plus $8 dollars for 4 beers is more than
> reasonable and occupying a bar seat for two
> hours.
>
> So my tipping formula is:
> 10% + fast\good service + deals + time in the
> place + returning to the place?
>
> If I go to a new place I often tip well the first
> time to setup a good impression. That works
> wonders for future visits.

WHERE IS THIS MYTHICAL BAR WITH $1.00 BEERS??!!!

Posted by: SolvedProblem ()
Date: May 01, 2016 08:40AM

I solved the tipping problem by not eating out anymore. I've grown tired of seeing them get on the internet whining about only getting paid $2 or $3 dollars an hour. Hey, they can get a job that pays minimum wage if they want more pay "per hour." But, they won't because they like the tips.

"We have to put the food in bags. We have to put cutlery and napkins in the bag. We have to provide good service." No shit, Sherlock! That's your job!

Someone, please call the whambulance.

And to the black person who said he/she "chased" down someone to give them a tip to prove he/she isn't like "the other blacks," you sound like someone dying for acceptance.

Posted by: k3E6h ()
Date: May 01, 2016 12:30PM

I had a young black female customer get a discount on her order for delivery because she complained before. So she makes an order and the total is around $6 and some change. We have a $10 minimum order, but because of said discount, she was still able to make that order. Anyway, she opens the door and asks me to wait, 3 minutes later she comes with $10 cash and I as I "thank you, I appreciate it" and as I turn around, she asks for $3 back. She was very ungrateful.

If you can't afford to tip appropriately, then you can't afford to order out. I actually enjoy delivering to a customer that is appreciative of me bringing them food. These are hungry people I'm serving to, so I do my best to get there on time and deliver with a smile.

It's all about how you treat each other. Customers like that one black female, really puts a damper on my day. and no, this isnt my career, but it's an honest job that I enjoy doing on the side.

Posted by: Big tip ()
Date: May 01, 2016 12:59PM

I have a big tip, he he, look at my screen name.

I usually leave about a 45 cent tip. I pull it out of my pocket.

I ALWAYS take out the pocket lint.

Posted by: five oh ()
Date: May 01, 2016 01:25PM

De7D7 Wrote:
> exdriver Wrote:
> -----
> > When I drove, a lot of customers would sign the
> > slip and leave the tip blank. I added a
> generous,
> > but not too much, tip. Against policy,
> probably
> > illegal. Never once heard a complaint.
>
>
> Definitely illegal. Its credit card fraud.

He was lying.

Posted by: dungeon smash ()
Date: May 01, 2016 03:31PM

i always try to tip nicely, i've worked for a dollar a day or less and i know how hard it can be to even survive when you're that poor. i usually tip at least 20%, unless the service was truly horrible. if the person made a true effort to be attentive and kind i'll tip up to 50%. in return, the people at restaurants and bars always remember me, learn my name and are extra nice whenever i show up. this leads to me always frequenting the same establishments, and continuing to tip well, so everybody wins. i don't really understand why people would tip poorly, it's not only rude, it's self-defeating

Posted by: EatOn ()
Date: May 01, 2016 05:16PM

I've found people from India are the worst tippers. Whenever you try and educate the to American Ways, they start telling you about what it's like in their Country.

Posted by: N4vJu ()
Date: May 01, 2016 06:40PM

The elderly. Most likely to want a discount. Most likely to be high maintenance. Least likely to tip well.

Posted by: 4kGeb ()
Date: May 01, 2016 07:53PM

My father (elderly) is a bad tipper and everyone in my family knows to go behind him and leave more.

Posted by: axe_me_no_questions ()
Date: May 01, 2016 07:59PM

Former waiter Wrote:
> I agree black customers were the worse tippers.
> The don't think waiters deserve tips. When I
> graduated college my first job was in a
> professional services firm, I went out to a group
> lunch where the majority of attendees were black.
> We had a bill that was over $300 and the black
> women refused to tip. I asked why and the black
> women gave a bunch of execues, one even played the
> slavery card and said she would never tip a white
> person who waited on her because blacks have been
> servicing whites for centuries and it was time for
> payback!

The closest that lady ever came to picking cotton was from a Tylenol bottle.

Posted by: Hemmisy and Coke ()
Date: May 02, 2016 08:13AM

bouffers

they order Hemmisy and Coke, Heimekin's or Thing-a-pore Thing and give no tip.

Posted by: Ex Hill Bartender ()
Date: May 02, 2016 09:21AM

Ralph Nader was the worse in the 80's. No one wanted to wait on him.

Also, Europeans would kill bottles of good cognac and leave a couple dimes.

Posted by: Noggin ()
Date: May 02, 2016 01:54PM

Hemmisy and Coke Wrote:
> bouffers
>
> they order Hemmisy and Coke, Heimekin's or
> Thing-a-pore Thing and give no tip.

And don't forget "with a cherry fo my lady"

Posted by: xHL6W ()
Date: May 03, 2016 11:49AM

I get different types of customers:

the wealthy low tippers that say "you're not satisfied with my $1 tip, then you shouldn't be delivering as a career"

the hardworking people that know the value of a $1 (different socio-economic statuses)"Here is $5 (or more), I've been in your shoes before/in the food industry"

Police usually tip $2-3, can't really complain since they are here to protect us, but tipping wise, they arent my favorite customers.

The first generation latinos (yes, including the illegals) are usually generous, the ones that grew up here are kinda snobby and tip really low because they feel they are better than you, unless they've been in the industry or were educated to treat EVERYONE with respect.

I've delivered to a trailer park once, and the white male was generous. Now go to the McMansion, and they tip the minimum, not a complaint, just an observation.

Posted by: stupid american tradition ()
Date: May 03, 2016 11:58AM

Ex Hill Bartender Wrote:
> Ralph Nader was the worse in the 80's. No one
> wanted to wait on him.
>
> Also, Europeans would kill bottles of good cognac
> and leave a couple dimes.

It's so stupid to leave a higher tip because you're drinking cognac instead of box wine

Posted by: McDonald himself ()
Date: May 03, 2016 04:23PM

stupid american tradition Wrote:
> Ex Hill Bartender Wrote:
> -----
> > Ralph Nader was the worse in the 80's. No one
> > wanted to wait on him.
> >
> > Also, Europeans would kill bottles of good
> cognac
> > and leave a couple dimes.
>
>
> It's so stupid to leave a higher tip because
> you're drinking cognac instead of box wine

That's exactly how I feel. I think there should just be a flat rate of a $8-10 tip per hour. Waiting on tables is beyond easy.

Posted by: Sea Roach ()
Date: May 03, 2016 04:32PM

Waiting on tables is easy? Your pathetic ass would be buried after the 1st table....wait until you get 3 more, and they are all assholes like you.

Posted by: NvGcp ()
Date: May 03, 2016 04:48PM

Sea Roach Wrote:
> Waiting on tables is easy? Your pathetic ass would
> be buried after the 1st table....wait until you
> get 3 more, and they are all assholes like you.

Depends where it is. Some places are pretty easy. On the other hand, some of the places where I worked were some of the hardest jobs that I've ever had even professionally. Not many jobs where you have to juggle as much stuff and deal with that many people all at once and keep your cool through it all and not fuck things up. It's not being an emergency room doctor, but still a pretty damn tough job relative to what most people do.

Posted by: McDonald himself ()
Date: May 03, 2016 04:51PM

Sea Roach Wrote:
> Waiting on tables is easy? Your pathetic ass would
> be buried after the 1st table....wait until you
> get 3 more, and they are all assholes like you.

Already resorting to name calling? If life is to hard there are plenty of parks you can go take a long walk in.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.