HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Best Apartments for Reasonable pricing...
Posted by: Curious George the Orangutang ()
Date: March 27, 2016 09:49PM

So I am looking around at apartments. 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom 2 bath...

What are the best apartments out there...oh, and I prefer a washer/dryer, lots of closet space and big bedroom.

I've checked Foxchase Alexandria - nice area...tiny place.
I've seen Key Towers in Alexandria - nice place - tiny bedrooms, no W/D
I've looked at Avant Apartments - they look pretty nice
I've looked at, and used to live in Burke Shire Commons - my preferred place.

Any help would be awesome!

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Best Apartments for Reasonable pricing...
Posted by: 9wjNp ()
Date: March 27, 2016 09:57PM

all of them are over priced , suspiciously funded by loans made by people who have a revolving door with govenment, and the tennament is mostly libaral 1-1 with who is in office

there is no question the landlords should be investigates ... also the "gov income" of those living there being padded to supply the landlord with the loan money

the MONEY taken from fx co taxpayers being funneled to foreigners, in this case

and if the killing of the DC four (iron supplier for area buildings) was killed to cover up debt of buildings in that area, by f'ing foreingers

Posted by: cMvNe ()
Date: March 27, 2016 10:04PM

Anywhere you go in that area your are going to be living with niggers, spics, towel heads, camel jockeys, and criminals.

My apologies if you fall into any of the above classes.

If you're white, your best bet is to move to the Caribbean. They treat you like a king down there.

Posted by: ^^ You Forgot ^^ ()
Date: March 27, 2016 11:38PM

"Rednecks" At least Nice Rednecks.. Like Me! I lived in Apts in FXCO 35 Years even though I owned property I rented. Too lazy to deal with house repairs, lawns.. just show me the money .

I would suggest you check out ..."Roach City" ... Just pick one you'll see.
Ask any exterminator about the location of Roach City they will tell you..Even some of these new "Upscale Places" qualify as Roach City

I loved to come in at night, turn on the kitchen light and see them run in all directions, then get as many as I could crunch crunch with the feet slap slap all over the counter, and bitch like hell for not wearing not wearing my pointed toe Beetle Boots..as the ones in the corners escaped.

Now and then years ago I would clear out the kitchen, and seal up the opening to the Apt. get a roach smoke bomb and set it off and watch outside as they crawled out of every crack ..croaking.

Roach Hotels ARE Great! Set em up at night along the edge of the counter next to the back splash where they run along. In the morning see all the roaches stuck and many roach babies born over night with the empty egg too. After a week ..retch.

And when they get into a box of pancake mix.. Get loads of laughs offer some friends over and ask if they want pancakes, show em the box with a hundred roaches inside squirming in every direction. Make jokes about how you don't need any bacon or sausage as there's plenty of protein in the box.. LOL!

OP Figure that you need to spend at least 1700 a month up to get this much fun in NOVA!

DAJAX

Posted by: apart-ment ()
Date: March 28, 2016 11:09AM

You're going to have to move out Stafford County or even Spotsylvania to find anything "affordable" these days. I used to work in a leasing office for a large complex in Ffx and this is how it goes with most major management companies (bainbridge, archstone, etc).

$1,000 a month rent x 36 = $36,000 a year to qualify. $17.31 an hour.

$1,200 a month rent x 36 = $43,200 a year. $20.77 an hour.

$1,400 a month rent x 36 = $50,400 a year. $24.23 an hour.

$1,600 a month rent (average for a 2 bedroom here in Ffx CO)= $57,600/ $27.69/hr.

The average person makes $30,000 a year per Social Security stats (50% of us) so that person should be paying no more than $835 a month for rent. IMPOSSIBLE to find in this area. You would have to go to richmond or baltimore city proper to find that type of rent.

This explains why most young adults (say 20-35) are still living with their parents. This is also why you find illegals overcrowding places, with their $10 an hour jobs they can't afford it even if they were legal. This is also why all the lower income places are saturated with Hispanics as they tend to look out for each other and don't want to rent to us whites, blacks, and asians.

The lack of wages, student loans, and obamacare eating their checks on top of the fact obamacare makes every job PART TIME makes it hard. To qualify for a basic $1,000 a month apartment, one would need to GROSS $692.30 a week. Your 25 hours at walmart making $10 an hour only gets you 250 gross. It's simple math....

Good Luck everyone.

Posted by: This is Fairfax County.... ()
Date: March 28, 2016 11:11AM

People here make way more than $30,000 per year unless they have a GED.

Posted by: apart-ment ()
Date: March 28, 2016 11:20AM

This is Fairfax County.... Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> People here make way more than $30,000 per year
> unless they have a GED.

Yes, but those fresh out of HS/College need a place to live. Look at craigslist or indeed.com for example, most entry-level jobs only pay $10-14 an hour if they are full time...and they need a place to live too.

I personally know people who graduated college just last year WITH a STEM degree (no liberal arts BS!), and are either still unemployed, or are working a "survival" job as a barista or sales person at a retail store. They obviously don't make $50k right out the gate.

Sure, one should be making $50k plus once they hit their 30's...but there are still a ton of young people around here.

Posted by: Better than ()
Date: March 28, 2016 02:11PM

Look up barcroft in arlington -- they used to rent month to month -- so you won't be on the hookm for the remainder of the lease money if you want to move elsewhere.

Lot's of FOB hispanics and OTH (other thaN HISPANICS) -- but a great place to save money and start out.

Get a roomie and split the rent down the midder or rent a 2 bdrm anf then rent out a room for cash.

Posted by: Stat-man ()
Date: March 28, 2016 02:25PM

apart-ment Wrote:
> The average person makes $30,000 a year...

Per capita income in Fairfax County is over $50,000.

Posted by: look it up ()
Date: March 28, 2016 04:08PM

Average age of workers here is 58 years old

Posted by: 15 Dollar Minimum Wage?? ()
Date: March 28, 2016 09:17PM

That's 30 grand a year. And California and Democrats all over want that in the next 6 years . Who's giving those on social security a big raise?? Lots of people on SS make 15 k a year the average SS income is only about 1150 dollars a month. As Minimum wages rise beyond the natural cost of living for everyone else, older people will be pushed out as Apt rents will only climb and the landlords will take most of that that 15 dollar a hour raise right away.. Watch out for hordes leaving California!!

15 dollar unnatural minimum raise = "Landlord's Extreme Extra Income Act!"

DAJAX

Posted by: Captian obvious ()
Date: March 29, 2016 02:46AM

You would fare better renting a suburban basement.

Posted by: Grow up, dummy... ()
Date: March 29, 2016 10:00AM

15 Dollar Minimum Wage?? Wrote:
> That's 30 grand a year. And California and
> Democrats all over want that in the next 6 years .
> Who's giving those on social security a big
> raise?? Lots of people on SS make 15 k a year the
> average SS income is only about 1150 dollars a
> month. As Minimum wages rise beyond the natural
> cost of living for everyone else, older people
> will be pushed out as Apt rents will only climb
> and the landlords will take most of that that 15
> dollar a hour raise right away.. Watch out for
> hordes leaving California!!

There is no such thing as a "natural cost of living", dumbass, and in another bit of critically stupid oversight, Social Security is indexed while the federal minimum wage is not. This is one reason why so many state and local jurisdictions have to step in with minimum wage increases of their own.

Posted by: ^^Answer The Question^^ ()
Date: March 29, 2016 11:54AM

Dumb Ass what happens to Rents as Min Wage Rises and what about people on SS

No You Don't have a Fucking Answer..Just another snotty shitty Liberal Know it All min wage Shill.

Posted by: DAJAX Signed out ()
Date: March 29, 2016 11:56AM

That's why I live in a 1 bedroom apartment down here in Fredericksburg

Posted by: under 30 ()
Date: March 29, 2016 11:57AM

look it up Wrote:
> Average age of workers here is 58 years old

If you're over 25 and not making at least $50k a year, you're a loser.

Posted by: LYING TED ! Tell The Truth! ()
Date: March 29, 2016 12:14PM

You know dammed well I live in a broken down trailer with weeds and rats and a huge ammo reloading shed down here below the Rappahannock river..Not in some fine home...

The Real DAJAX

For TRUMP in 16 Teds Ok Ill vote for him if he's the candidate .

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.