HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
FiOS Outage
Posted by: Verizon ()
Date: February 17, 2016 04:59AM

Anybody else having problems with FIOS, both internet and TV, getting no service?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FiOS Outage
Posted by: Ghost Rider ()
Date: February 17, 2016 05:14AM

Try paying your bill, ya deadbeat!

Posted by: kpnvE ()
Date: February 17, 2016 06:38AM

Check the ONT (Optical Network Terminal) which is typically mounted outside, but some are mounting indoors. Also check the power supply and battery back up and see if there are any lights on. Many power supplies failing causing problems.

Posted by: Battery ()
Date: February 17, 2016 06:44AM

Chances are it's the battery in the backup power supply. Unplug the battery and buy a new one from Amazon (they're like $17).

My FiOS quit working. Error light on the ONT, but no error lights inside on the power supply. Once I unplugged the battery and rebooted the ONT (by unplugging the power to it for 30 seconds) everything was fine. Push and hold the alarm silence button for about five seconds to stop the battery beep (you'll have to do this once each 24 hours until you get the new battery).

Assuming you got your FiOS installed about 6-7 years ago like the rest of us, those batteries are now failing. Not bad, really, considering the battery's only rated for like 3 years.

Posted by: Gerrymanderer2 ()
Date: February 17, 2016 06:48AM

With the battery back up, open the case and fiddle with the terminals to assure connectivity.

Posted by: No Phone ()
Date: February 17, 2016 08:13AM

If you don't have a home phone unplug the battery, reset the ONT box and you are all set. That battery is only for your home phone. If you don't have one it is a waste of your money to replace it. That alarm is really irritating. Mine is in the attic and it would tone twice every 15 minutes before I reset it.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.