HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Dems in Senate passed a resolution against election year Supreme Court appointments
Posted by: TL@WaPo ()
Date: February 15, 2016 06:36PM

Read it and weep, Democrats. The shoe is on the other foot. David Bernstein at the Washington Post’s Volokh Conspiracy blog:

Thanks to a VC commenter, I discovered that in August 1960, the Democrat-controlled Senate passed a resolution, S.RES. 334, “Expressing the sense of the Senate that the president should not make recess appointments to the Supreme Court, except to prevent or end a breakdown in the administration of the Court’s business.”

Each of President Eisenhower’s SCOTUS appointments had initially been a recess appointment who was later confirmed by the Senate, and the Democrats were apparently concerned that Ike would try to fill any last-minute vacancy that might arise with a recess appointment.

The GOP opposed this, of course. Hypocrisy goes two ways. But the majority won.

As it should this time.

Update: Don't forget Chuck Schumer

Hat tip: Instapundit

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/02/dems_in_senate_passed_a_resolution_in1960_against_election_year_supreme_court_appointments.html#ixzz40Ha5ukk5
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dems in Senate passed a resolution against election year Supreme Court appointments
Posted by: Democrat Chuck Schumer ()
Date: February 15, 2016 06:45PM

Chuck Schumer In 2007: 'We Should Not Confirm Any Bush Nominee To The Supreme Court'

Yes, it was patriotic then, and heresy now.

Is there anything that the Democrats say that can be believed?

Poor children. Like the tree who gave the lumberman a branch to make a handle for his axe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w7OsfpSU10

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dems in Senate passed a resolution against election year Supreme Court appointments
Posted by: Watch Out ()
Date: February 15, 2016 06:47PM

Obama could still make a recess appointment, get the results he needs from the Supreme Court this spring, and still be ahead when his nominee's term expires.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dems in Senate passed a resolution against election year Supreme Court appointments
Posted by: Democrats Are Lying Again ()
Date: February 15, 2016 07:02PM

Schumer, Leahy and other Democrats now Cry that it is Presidents duty to appoint Supreme Court justices, then acting and lying as though the Senate HAS TO Confirm Them "As Their Duty" or they are "Obstructing".

A bunch of lies from them as no Senator regardless of political party MUST Confirm any one they don't want in the office.

That's why the founders set it up as they did. They foresaw a lawless future President and set it in stone in the Constitution the way it is. Senators DON'T HAVE TO Confirm ANYONE They DONT WANT In The Office! That's the Law of The Land.

Democrats! Stop Lying To The People!

Yes Obama probably will make a recess apt, with the most liberal Judge he can find . And that's the law of the land too.

DAJAX

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dems in Senate passed a resolution against election year Supreme Court appointments
Posted by: fwiw ()
Date: February 15, 2016 07:04PM

Democrat Chuck Schumer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Chuck Schumer In 2007: 'We Should Not Confirm Any
> Bush Nominee To The Supreme Court'
>
> Yes, it was patriotic then, and heresy now.
>
> Is there anything that the Democrats say that can
> be believed?
>
> Poor children. Like the tree who gave the
> lumberman a branch to make a handle for his axe.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w7OsfpSU10

Whereas the Washington Post editorial page has criticized both Democrats and Republicans over the years for holding up judicial nominees, the Wall Street Journal only criticized Democrats.

By the way, the argument you are making goes both ways; it suggests that Republicans are hypocrites, too.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dems in Senate passed a resolution against election year Supreme Court appointments
Posted by: U Butthurt Republifags ()
Date: February 15, 2016 07:10PM

So mad Obama gonna get to appoint and new justice and change your sad little conservative world. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Attachments:
scotus_5094340721400659405_n.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dems in Senate passed a resolution against election year Supreme Court appointments
Posted by: Liars ()
Date: February 15, 2016 07:11PM

"the Wall Street Journal only criticized Democrats."

Grasping at straws, or gasping for air?

No wonder you wanted to coronate Hillary as Liar in Chief.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dems in Senate passed a resolution against election year Supreme Court appointments
Posted by: No Brains ()
Date: February 15, 2016 07:12PM

What happens when you take away a Democrat's ability to copy-and-paste, or recite talking points?

Nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dems in Senate passed a resolution against election year Supreme Court appointments
Posted by: THE DEMOCRATS OF FAIRFAX UNDER ()
Date: February 15, 2016 07:14PM

WE CAN STILL CALL YOU NAMES. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dems in Senate passed a resolution against election year Supreme Court appointments
Posted by: U So Mad ()
Date: February 15, 2016 07:15PM

No Brains Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What happens when you take away a Democrat's
> ability to copy-and-paste, or recite talking
> points?
>
> Nothing.
>
> Absolutely nothing.


Cry more little baby.
Attachments:
reps_508039444_n.jpg
butthurt2.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dems in Senate passed a resolution against election year Supreme Court appointments
Posted by: Tired of Hillaries ()
Date: February 15, 2016 07:18PM

No Brains Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What happens when you take away a Democrat's
> ability to copy-and-paste, or recite talking
> points?
>
> Nothing.
>
> Absolutely nothing.


You so right. Posting the same shit attachments.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dems in Senate passed a resolution against election year Supreme Court appointments
Posted by: Poor Dems ()
Date: February 15, 2016 07:19PM

Those Obama people are just mad.

It's sad.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dems in Senate passed a resolution against election year Supreme Court appointments
Posted by: Colonel Howdy ()
Date: February 15, 2016 08:00PM

Everyone knows that liberals are the biggest liars and hypocrites on the planet. They are truly the scum of the earth.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dems in Senate passed a resolution against election year Supreme Court appointments
Posted by: Suck on it, losers ()
Date: February 15, 2016 08:02PM

REMINDER: Scalia is fucking DEAD!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dems in Senate passed a resolution against election year Supreme Court appointments
Posted by: HET ()
Date: February 15, 2016 08:05PM

Look, the OP clearly doesn't know what a recess appointment is, so lets just ignore anything he has ever said and his trolling threads.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dems in Senate passed a resolution against election year Supreme Court appointments
Posted by: Dumb and Dumber ()
Date: February 15, 2016 08:21PM

TL@WaPo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Read it and weep, Democrats. The shoe is on the
> other foot. David Bernstein at the Washington
> Post’s Volokh Conspiracy blog:
>
> Thanks to a VC commenter, I discovered that in
> August 1960, the Democrat-controlled Senate passed
> a resolution, S.RES. 334, “Expressing the sense
> of the Senate that the president should not make
> recess appointments to the Supreme Court, except
> to prevent or end a breakdown in the
> administration of the Court’s business.”
>
> Each of President Eisenhower’s SCOTUS
> appointments had initially been a recess
> appointment who was later confirmed by the Senate,
> and the Democrats were apparently concerned that
> Ike would try to fill any last-minute vacancy that
> might arise with a recess appointment.
>
> The GOP opposed this, of course. Hypocrisy goes
> two ways. But the majority won.
>
> As it should this time.
>
> Update: Don't forget Chuck Schumer
>
> Hat tip: Instapundit
>
> Read more:
> http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/02/dems_i
> n_senate_passed_a_resolution_in1960_against_electi
> on_year_supreme_court_appointments.html#ixzz40Ha5u
> kk5
> Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter |
> AmericanThinker on Facebook

You don't know what a recess appointment is, do you, moron? Here's a hint - this wouldn't be one. And you had to reach back FIFTY-SIX years for this. Moreover, a
'sense of the Senate' resolution carries zero legal weight.

The man has been dead a couple of days and the right wingers have collectively gone batshit crazy. Even Scalia would be horrified by you people.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dems in Senate passed a resolution against election year Supreme Court appointments
Posted by: Yet he's still smarter than you ()
Date: February 15, 2016 09:00PM

Dumb and Dumber Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> You don't know what a recess appointment is, do
> you, moron? Here's a hint - this wouldn't be one.
> And you had to reach back FIFTY-SIX years for
> this. Moreover, a
> 'sense of the Senate' resolution carries zero
> legal weight.
>
> The man has been dead a couple of days and the
> right wingers have collectively gone batshit
> crazy. Even Scalia would be horrified by you
> people.


Actually it could be. Senate is in recess now. It would have to be done by the 22. If not, then he won't have another chance to do it since the Court ruled 9-0 that the Senate can simply hold pro forma sessions every 3 days to block recess appointments.

Dems have gone all spittle-mouthed at the prospect of Obama having no choice but to abide by the Senate's decision. He can stick that 'pen and phone' up his ass. lol

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dems in Senate passed a resolution against election year Supreme Court appointments
Posted by: More Democrat Lip Movements ()
Date: February 15, 2016 09:26PM

>Dems have gone all spittle-mouthed at the prospect of Obama having no choice but to abide by the Senate's decision. He can stick that 'pen and phone' up his ass. lol

"Right On" +1000

DAJAX

Options: ReplyQuote


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
 **     **   *******   **    **  ********   **    ** 
  **   **   **     **  ***   **  **     **  **   **  
   ** **    **     **  ****  **  **     **  **  **   
    ***      ********  ** ** **  **     **  *****    
   ** **           **  **  ****  **     **  **  **   
  **   **   **     **  **   ***  **     **  **   **  
 **     **   *******   **    **  ********   **    ** 
This forum powered by Phorum.