HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
WILLARDS REAL PIT BBQ
Posted by: FUNKY FRESH ()
Date: July 01, 2009 11:53AM

I LOVE THE KC BURNT ENDS, WHATS YOUR OPINION?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WILLARDS REAL PIT BBQ
Date: July 01, 2009 11:56AM

My opinion is that it's good eats for the area. Not the best BBQ I've had, but it's a solid place.

Posted by: HateTheHOA ()
Date: July 01, 2009 02:22PM

Our family really liked Barbeque Country Jamboree in Centreville. It's been gone for years and we really miss it, but Willards is great too.... I like the beef brisket sandwich. Their coleslaw isn't anything to write home about, but the baked beans, mashed potatoes, and green beans are pretty good.

If you want a real treat buy one of the big chocolate chip cookies with pecans next to the cash register. They are really good!

Posted by: Dudeman ()
Date: July 01, 2009 02:29PM

beef brisket all the way. willard's smashes places like famous dave's etc.

Posted by: Winnie ()
Date: July 01, 2009 02:32PM

Oh man do I miss BBQ country in Centreville.... you could smell the meat starting to smoke at like 6 a.m. I used to live in the Meadows and you could smell it in your way to work or school in the morning. Great place, really miss it...

Posted by: Local Man ()
Date: July 01, 2009 03:02PM

I always get the platter with pulled pork and burt ends. I like them both very much. The baked beans are good, and especially the big piece of corn bread they give you

Overall I am normally very satisfied with Willard's, and might venture to say it is the best I have had in Fairfax Co. (Favorite in the broader area is Dixie Bones in Woodbridge)

a few complaints-

Never anywhere to sit. I appreciate the fact they're busy during lunch and they are working with minimal space, but it is just awkward standing with a plate of food with other people and there is nowhere to sit, and no break in sight

The ice tea sits in a big tin next to the fountain sodas and you think it would be home-brewed. But rather it is nestea or something of the sort

the cashiers always have a major attitude, but whatever

Posted by: Piglicky ()
Date: July 01, 2009 03:53PM

hasn't this already been a thread? business must be bad at Willard's.

Posted by: MD Driver ()
Date: July 01, 2009 06:03PM

Their Brisket is definitely on point...

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.