HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
FIOS is giving me Free HBO for three Months, NICE!!!
Posted by: Thanks! ()
Date: December 10, 2015 12:34PM

Just got an email from FIOS saying I'm getting free HBO for the next three months.

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FIOS is giving me Free HBO for three Months, NICE!!!
Posted by: watch em ()
Date: December 10, 2015 12:41PM

I got the same e-mail. I ordered everybody in the house to NOT, repeat NOT, tune into HBO.

Those bastards probably have it set up so if anybody tunes into the "free" HBO, you agree to start paying for it after the 3 months.

Then you will spend the rest of your fucking life on hold trying to get it cancelled and get your bill corrected.

To paraphrase an old adage, "Beware of Verizon bearing gifts".

Re: FIOS is giving me Free HBO for three Months, NICE!!!
Posted by: Don't do it ()
Date: December 10, 2015 04:19PM

Or at the very least you call to cancel and it's not done in time. You then get charged for one month.Lo and behold, the next month you get charged too. Wait I cancelled. Ok,we'll credit you and then the next month you get charged again. Watch me is right. You will spend your life trying to correct it.
I went through something similar with AT&T years ago. It went on for over a year and finally got resolved by changing carriers. Which means it was never resolved...

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.