HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Getting to Verizon Center
Posted by: Trevor ()
Date: October 09, 2015 12:52PM

What's the best option for getting to Verizon Center Saturday night for the Caps opener? Metro in from Vienna or drive and find parking? What's the parking situation like?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Getting to Verizon Center
Posted by: vHpWy ()
Date: October 09, 2015 01:08PM

Either way, you will have to deal with misguided urban youth so I'd pack some heat.

Metro is my last resort for anything.

I haven't been to the Phone Booth in a few years and parking was $20 back then. Has to be $50 by now.

Posted by: Ralph Pootawn ()
Date: October 09, 2015 01:17PM

Metro sucks. I drive in and find a parking garage nearby. The garage under Gallery Place on game day is $40 cash and there are at least two others nearby.

Posted by: Bei Bei ()
Date: October 09, 2015 06:59PM

Date: October 09, 2015 07:02PM

I have used Panda Parking three times and loved it. You do have to double check the distance quoted. You print up your receipt and show it when you get to the garage. Piece of cake.

Posted by: libs hate America. ()
Date: October 09, 2015 07:08PM

Park below Verizon. It's like $20 but worth it. Metro is a joke. I did that once but never again. I always stay at a hotel on Saturday games and party after. They should own the Devils. I have seats on the ice. See you there.

Glad to see you're not a lib.

Posted by: MvYUx ()
Date: October 09, 2015 10:52PM

libs hate America. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Park below Verizon. It's like $20 but worth it.
>

I find this hard to believe when the place down the block is charging $40. They all know what each other charges.

I guess you have to interpret "like $20"

Posted by: Malcom Y ()
Date: October 09, 2015 11:06PM

While you are downtown, top by Farrakhan's "Justice or Else" rally. Should be a good time.

Posted by: TransitHereNotThere ()
Date: October 09, 2015 11:49PM

Don't take Metrorail, besides the train breakdowns, poor system maintenance and backlog, other safety issues, especially lately its not even reliable for even rush hour transportation, and not count on it to get to an event at the Verizon Center at a specific time or time range.

Wondering if there any local charter bus options? Not know of any right off hand myself, but perhaps can Google or others can chime in. I know in the past, some have been arranged from local suburban locations to ball games. Or carpool with a few or several others and share the parking costs? Slug line to the Verizon Center, doubtful right now, but if Metro continues on death spiral, likely transpo options like this will pop up.

Date: October 10, 2015 07:10AM

http://verizoncenter.monumentalnetwork.com/articles/metro-and-parking

they send people to Parking Panda.

O/W it is $30 but you can't park underneath for certain events.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.