HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Gang Bust at edison High School
Posted by: school to prison pipeline ()
Date: June 05, 2009 03:47PM

Students charged with gang recruitment
June 5, 2009 - 1:04pm

ALEXANDRIA, Va. - Nine Alexandria high school students have been charged with gang recruitment for initiating another student into a gang.
Fairfax County Police on Friday announced the arrest of 18-year-old Chaimongkhon Ruengvivatanakij and eight minors - all between the ages of 14 and 16 years old. The students were arrested in May.

The nine students are charged with gang participation, gang recruitment and hazing.

Police began their investigation in March, when a school resource officer at Edison High School learned gang members had jumped a 16-year-old boy on a path near Gum Street and Woodway Drive and punched and kicked him.

(Copyright 2009 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)

ALEXANDRIA, Va. - Nine Alexandria high school students have been charged with gang recruitment for initiating another student into a gang.
Fairfax County Police on Friday announced the arrest of 18-year-old Chaimongkhon Ruengvivatanakij and eight minors - all between the ages of 14 and 16 years old. The students were arrested in May.

The nine students are charged with gang participation, gang recruitment and hazing.

Police began their investigation in March, when a school resource officer at Edison High School learned gang members had jumped a 16-year-old boy on a path near Gum Street and Woodway Drive and punched and kicked him.

(Copyright 2009 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)

Glad to see all the efforts on gang prevention is paying dividends.

Another nine young lives wasted-way to go FCPS!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gang Bust at edison High School
Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: June 05, 2009 03:52PM

How dare FCPS allow these kids to join gangs! Why should the parents have to do all the work?

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Posted by: Conservative White Guy ()
Date: June 05, 2009 04:13PM

MrMephisto Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How dare FCPS allow these kids to join gangs! Why
> should the parents have to do all the work?

I agree. Parents are too busy to manage their children. The schools should baby sit ALL high school students, regardless of income.

Date: June 05, 2009 04:50PM

I put my kid in public school specifically so someone else could raise him and make sure he's successful in life. What the fuck are they paying these teachers for? Do these LAZY and SELF-IMPORTANT teachers think their job stops at teaching?

I should be able to trust FCPS to handle my child's life while I focus on my career/drug habit until he's 18, when I can finally send him to college/kick him out. But, I'm sure those Gatehouse II faggots have someone to raise their kids while they're busy being Gatehouse II faggots.

JACK DALE NEEDS TO GO!!!

Fun Fact: The word "faggots" is not in Mozilla's dictionary.

Posted by: inkahootz ()
Date: June 05, 2009 04:56PM

FCPS Is making out like 'gangbusters'! lol

edit by Cary: Account password compromised, disabled by administrator.

Posted by: LuLu ()
Date: June 05, 2009 08:53PM

Sadly, I'm not surprised. That school is a dumphole--gangs and drugs are not news there at all.

Posted by: muddle ()
Date: June 05, 2009 09:19PM

Arrests were in May and just announced? Probably because it took the police that long to write out that one kid's name

Posted by: Kenny_Powers ()
Date: June 06, 2009 06:13AM

A gang at Edison? wtf? were they breaking in to do science experiments?

Posted by: ella ()
Date: June 06, 2009 06:44AM

Interesting timing for a news release...Friday afternoon.

FCPS wants to avoid bad publicity. It would be much better if they openly took on tough challenges like students' gang involvement and drug usage instead of trying to cover up these problems.

Posted by: Daily Driver ()
Date: June 07, 2009 09:57PM

LuLu, You mean WAS a dump hole... The school got fairly better over the years, sadly some kids have to ruin the schools reputation.

Posted by: what about SOCO?? ()
Date: June 08, 2009 09:41AM

Oh, okay, Edison, is a dump............

FAIRFAX SCHOOLS
New Gang in County Initiates Students

By Maria Glod
Washington Post Staff Writer
Thursday, May 31, 2007; Page B08

It was an initiation into a new gang, the Black Spade Organization, and it took place in a boys' bathroom in March at a Fairfax County secondary school, according to court documents. While two students beat on the recruit, a third timed it for 12 seconds.

The incident, at South County Secondary School, touched off a month-long Fairfax police investigation and led to the arrests of four students, ages 14, 15, and 17, police said yesterday. They were each charged with gang participation and recruitment. The three youngest also were charged with hazing, and the oldest faces a destruction of property charge. No students were injured.

Detective Jason C. Herbert was called to the school last month to investigate the March 21 gang initiation, according to an affidavit for a search warrant filed yesterday in Fairfax Circuit Court.

The Black Spade Organization, known as the Spades, is affiliated with the nationally known Folk Nation gang, according to court documents. Police officials said they think this is the first time the Spades have existed in Fairfax.

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: June 08, 2009 10:44AM

Folk nation gang? Do they play Joan Baez songs at initiations?

Posted by: FCPS gang stats ()
Date: June 08, 2009 01:55PM

According to a presentation by The Fairfax County Coordinating Council for Gang Prevention, FCPS reported the following numbers:

2005-06

2 expulsions for gang involvement
30 long term suspensions
66 short term suspensions

2006-07

2 expulsions for gang involvement
32 long term suspensions
46 short term suspensions

It really is remarkable that you have 9 students charged from just one high school.

That is like 10% of the annual cases in all of FCPS schools.

Even more odd, in 2006-07 there were 99 offenders involved in gang-related activity, yet there were only 80 punishments (2+32+46).

If gang activity is at the top of the punishment list as far as severity, why did 19 offenders receive no punishment at all????

Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: June 08, 2009 01:55PM

"the Black Spade Organization"

Nice.

Date: June 08, 2009 02:19PM

ITRADE Wrote:
> "the Black Spade Organization"
>
> Nice.

Wait until my gang, "The Green Clovers," hit the streets. We're gonna take the fight to all of our rival gangs: the Yellow Moons, the Orange Stars, the Pink Hearts, and of course, our most hated nemesis, the Purple Horseshoes.

All those fuckers are going down.

Posted by: Furfur ()
Date: June 08, 2009 02:29PM

Don't forget the Lavender Panthers....
Attachments:
panthers2.jpg

Posted by: RebeccaM ()
Date: June 18, 2009 07:19PM

Went to West Springfield then moved to "the other side of the tracks" and live near gum and woodway. We have been trying to get the police over here because of all the dealing, gangs, and one dude who terrorizes the neighborhood and shoots up in front of my house and drops his needles and the kids walk right over them to Edison.

There is a path from the Rose Hill Apartments to Edison High School. The crap mostly comes from there and the Kingstowne Town Houses. I call the cops maybe once a week. If there is work involved, they aren't going to make the effort. I had to get a dog and build a fence to feel a bit safer. If I had known about all this I wouldn't have bought the house!

Cops around here are a joke. Got a call the other day to "donate"..."If you put the sticker on your car then the police will know you donated..." in other words "Donate, put the sticker on your car and then we may give you a warning instead of a ticket". I told them that they called the wrong house. I would donate once they actually did something about my neighborhood...

Posted by: 1.3.1.3 ()
Date: September 22, 2009 01:34AM

all you redneck cops frum fairfax are PIGS

Posted by: JR ()
Date: September 22, 2009 07:55AM

HA!

"AMERICA ","CAPTAIN ","D","045"," 6288","ROSE HILL #E ","CT","ALEXANDRIA ","VA","02/10/2009","CONCEALED WEAPON NO PERMIT "
"AMERICA ","CAPTAIN ","D","045"," 6288","ROSE HILL #E ","CT","ALEXANDRIA ","VA","02/10/2009","FUGITIVE "

Date: September 22, 2009 08:36AM

Holy shit. I used to live right next to Captain America?

I always hated that guy.

Posted by: hmmm ()
Date: January 24, 2010 09:07PM

Ok, First of all i know every one of the 9 kids that got caught and i have to say they are very nice and caring although i knew there were doing no good they were respectful and stop being so negative about the 9 kids.

Posted by: TRG ()
Date: January 25, 2010 07:48PM

fuck all yall bitches. yall wana no what gang we is? Tiny Raskel Gang nigga.
fuck all ya. all my 9 nigga are out and back in Edison by next year. Get at me bitch. 7126

Posted by: TRG ()
Date: January 25, 2010 07:51PM

and fuck u "what about SOCO??"... Fuck Folk Nation. and fuck hayfield. we beat them down befor, we do it agien

Posted by: 197miltownAIG ()
Date: March 22, 2010 10:57AM

edison is such a shitty school that I support the gang activity because at least they have more logic than the rediculous administration. I just moved from Milwaukee where they have real gangs and somehow they also have real schools as well. food for thought I guess, but I'm assuming fairfax will probably knock this because of their general ignorance

Posted by: fucking wanker ()
Date: March 22, 2010 11:23AM

trg died back in fucking middle of the 90s fool
get out that bullshit son

Posted by: gansta ()
Date: March 26, 2010 07:14PM

Friend of mine told me today that Fairfax county vice team are going to Hit a house in Old keene mill rd, tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. Shit
They are coming down. I can't wait till we get the details. That will put Fairfax Underground to the top of all forums.

Posted by: jacob ()
Date: March 26, 2010 10:29PM

I graduated from Edison last year. Everyone is right about Edison...that place IS a shithole. The school prides itself on the fact it's fully wireless (no shit it's the 21st century) and its smartboards, but in reality the school administration gave these new tools to a bunch of talentless kids. Not all kids in my senior year were retards though...only the non-whites were the degenerates. Don't you love diversity?

Posted by: XXX ()
Date: March 28, 2010 12:27PM

RebeccaM wrote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Went to West Springfield then moved to "the other side of the tracks" and live near gum and woodway. We have been trying to get the police over here because of all the dealing, gangs, and one dude who terrorizes the neighborhood and shoots up in front of my house and drops his needles and the kids walk right over them to Edison.

There is a path from the Rose Hill Apartments to Edison High School. The crap mostly comes from there and the Kingstowne Town Houses. I call the cops maybe once a week. If there is work involved, they aren't going to make the effort. I had to get a dog and build a fence to feel a bit safer. If I had known about all this I wouldn't have bought the house!

Cops around here are a joke. Got a call the other day to "donate"..."If you put the sticker on your car then the police will know you donated..." in other words "Donate, put the sticker on your car and then we may give you a warning instead of a ticket". I told them that they called the wrong house. I would donate once they actually did something about my neighborhood...

Right, because your backyard is the only one in the County. You hear that Fairfax police? RebeccaM would like her very own assigned Police Officer to sit in front of HER house only and patrol only HER backyard.

I would love to know what these crimes are that must be in progress and high priority that your calling the cops for once a week.

Just because you call the Police, it does not mean that it will always result in some sort of action like an arrest. I would guess that your one of those people that sees a group of young kids hanging out and assumes they must be criminals or gang members and feels the need to call the cops cause they are in YOUR neighborhood.

I am glad to see that you have taken steps on your own to feel safer, like a dog and fence. Thats more than I can say for most people that bitch about the police. You get kudos for that.

As for the guy shooting up in front of your house. I find it very hard to believe that this is something that occurs on a regular basis. There is more to this story than that. If the a guy is shooting drugs with a needle in front of your house, you call the police, they respond and find this guy with a needle shooting up drugs, there is no way they are not doing something about this. Maybe the real story is that yes a man was shooting up in front of your house, you called the police and when they arrived he was gone or not really doing what you thought he was doing, and now your bitter cause you think he should have been arrested.

Please I would love to hear more details about all of this.

As for not donating cause your bitter.. Thats a good thing. A large majority of those so called FOP donations are proven to be fake anyway and the money really does not go to the Police. As for the sticker you refer to, rest assured they really don't mean shit. If you deserve a ticket, you will most likely get one regardless.. Cops don't give a shit if you donate money to the FOP or not.

Posted by: Former Edison ()
Date: October 18, 2010 01:01PM

Edison is a dump with an ineffective principal and an incompetent security staff.

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: October 18, 2010 01:44PM

Ha, this clown has a FB page:

http://www.facebook.com/people/Chai-Ruengvivatanakij/551683359

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: JDouble09 ()
Date: October 19, 2010 12:05PM

197miltownAIG Wrote:
> edison is such a shitty school that I support the
> gang activity because at least they have more
> logic than the rediculous administration. I just
> moved from Milwaukee where they have real gangs
> and somehow they also have real schools as well.
> food for thought I guess, but I'm assuming fairfax
> will probably knock this because of their general
> ignorance

I was born in Detriot we don't have gangs

Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: October 19, 2010 12:10PM

Nice zombie thread.

Posted by: HAAAA ()
Date: May 31, 2013 09:59PM

This school isn't as bad as people say it is

Posted by: Markita ()
Date: June 02, 2013 06:30PM

It's bad enough when you find one of your teachers drinking at a bar in Kingstown at 3:30 pm on a friday, why can't they go far away from our school so I don't have to see them after school, aint right!

Posted by: Jordan P ()
Date: June 02, 2013 06:40PM

Markita Wrote:
> It's bad enough when you find one of your teachers
> drinking at a bar in Kingstown at 3:30 pm on a
> friday, why can't they go far away from our school
> so I don't have to see them after school, aint
> right!

The other day I went to Buffalo wings University in Fairfax which my friends, and half my teacehers where at the bar drinking.

Posted by: heavy metal parking lot ()
Date: June 02, 2013 06:47PM

Markita Wrote:
> It's bad enough when you find one of your teachers
> drinking at a bar in Kingstown at 3:30 pm on a
> friday, why can't they go far away from our school
> so I don't have to see them after school, aint
> right!

I would drink also if I had to deal with the faggot ass kids of today. You pussy's are weak. go listen to justin bieber, soft ass little bitches.

Posted by: So sorry I voted for Obama ()
Date: June 02, 2013 07:09PM

Too many parents blame teachers. And teachers always blame the parents (or the lack of parents). Kids today are messed up and not held accountable for their actions.

Posted by: great idea ()
Date: June 02, 2013 07:33PM

With the new parent notification rules, the sro's won't be able to shut down the gangs like they used to. Will have to wait til mom and dad show up to ask any questions. Seems like the gang problem in the schools has declined in recent years. Doubt it will keep heading in that direction now.

Posted by: So sorry I voted for Obama ()
Date: June 02, 2013 07:35PM

don't you just hate bureaucracy?

Posted by: great idea ()
Date: June 02, 2013 07:44PM

It won't be a problem as long as we keep our heads buried in the sand. I see nothing, know nothing... it's all good.

Posted by: So sorry I votged for Obama ()
Date: June 02, 2013 07:45PM

I'm not one to pass the buck.. that's somebody else's job.

Date: June 02, 2013 07:49PM

teachers, counselors and parents tell us not to drink, smoke, do drugs so why would you go drinking afterschool where your students can see you being irresponsible. How many teachers tell us not to text and drive, how many of them do the same? Double standard, ain't right

Posted by: So so sorry I voted for Obama ()
Date: June 02, 2013 07:51PM

You're right. you're absolutely right

Date: June 02, 2013 07:55PM

I've lost so much respect and trust for my counselor.

Posted by: So very v sorry I voted for Obam ()
Date: June 02, 2013 07:56PM

counselors are expensive wastes of time!

Posted by: Portillo ()
Date: June 02, 2013 07:57PM

Hey, I saw one of my teachers "not wearing" a seatbelt and driving away from Edison! Irresponsible or not?

Date: June 02, 2013 07:58PM

Double Standard at Edison, again!

Posted by: sorry I voted for Obama! ()
Date: June 02, 2013 07:59PM

typical

Posted by: Curious Eagle ()
Date: June 03, 2013 08:56PM

Don't go to UNO's Pizza in Kingstown on a friday afternoon (3:00pm) cause you may see a teacher from Edison

Does anyone know what the hours of work are for a teacher in Fairfax County Public Schools?

Curious Eagle

Posted by: WhyUCare? ()
Date: June 03, 2013 09:14PM

"contract" hours are 7:15 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.

What's wrong with an adult having a drink after work hours?

Date: June 03, 2013 10:25PM

Having a drink after working hours is fine with me BUT don't tell me not to drink and drive cause I am sure they do it!
Shame!

Posted by: Mr GFR ()
Date: June 04, 2013 01:06AM

Markita Wrote:
> Having a drink after working hours is fine with me
> BUT don't tell me not to drink and drive cause I
> am sure they do it!
> Shame!

If these teachers are telling you anything then I would say you shouldn't be drinking to start with. Isn't it past your bed time you little brat.

Posted by: Seriously? ()
Date: June 04, 2013 08:13AM

Why can't a teacher go out to a bar? Especially when it is a high school teacher. It's not like the kids don't do it too, so why can't the teachers? This is ridiculous.

Posted by: Marley ()
Date: June 04, 2013 05:47PM

I agree with seriously BUT all it takes is a parent to complain about Edison teachers drinking at a neighborhood bars to have someone loose their job. Just becareful and dont risk it if you are a teacher. Is drinking worth getting in trouble and possibly loose your job? Really?

Posted by: Yeah right ()
Date: June 04, 2013 05:58PM

A) It's lose, not loose.

B) No person of legal drinking age is going to lose their job due to drinking at Pizzeria Uno's. Could they get a talking to for being unprofessional? It's possible. However the end of that conversation would be "just make sure you do happy hour farther away from campus."

Marley Wrote:
> I agree with seriously BUT all it takes is a
> parent to complain about Edison teachers drinking
> at a neighborhood bars to have someone loose their
> job. Just becareful and dont risk it if you are a
> teacher. Is drinking worth getting in trouble and
> possibly loose your job? Really?

Posted by: barry white ()
Date: June 04, 2013 06:17PM

Where do the Edison teachers drink?

Posted by: Principal Skinner ()
Date: June 04, 2013 06:40PM

barry white Wrote:
> Where do the Edison teachers drink?

Kilroy's on Wednesday night.

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: June 04, 2013 06:45PM

Principal Skinner Wrote:
> barry white Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Where do the Edison teachers drink?
>
> Kilroy's on Wednesday night.

oh.......is that what the parking lot on that side of the school is called? LoLz

Posted by: FunnyGrrl ()
Date: June 04, 2013 11:18PM

Teachers are human beings of legal age so they can drink after work. It's up to each individual teacher when it comes to their responsabilities as role models.

Posted by: surprised ()
Date: June 16, 2013 03:39PM

Did you check out the new posting "UNACCEPTABLE", do you think they are talking about Edison High school? Probably? Possible?

Posted by: Richard Hurtz ()
Date: June 16, 2013 03:45PM

No, I think they are talking about "WHO GIVES A FUCK H.S."...get a life!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.