HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Captain Pells Featured on Fox 5 "Will U Eat There?" Segment?
Posted by: SEAFOOD MAN ()
Date: May 30, 2015 11:43PM

Great locally owned joint on Lee Highway just after 123. The seafood and crabs are great. Also a great place to watch sports!

Glad to see Captain Pell's getitng the positive coverage it deserves. Its also good for Fairfax City

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29185381/will-you-eat-there-captain-pells-fairfax-crabhouse

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Captain Pells Featured on Fox 5 "Will U Eat There?" Segment?
Posted by: Can you say PRICEY$$$$$? ()
Date: May 31, 2015 01:37AM

Saw the segment. Noticed one of the owners when they asked him how much, tried to play down the prices. Seemed like he was embarassed to say crabs start at $45.

Posted by: Captain Jack ()
Date: May 31, 2015 02:00AM

Seafoood is expensive stuff, man.

Date: May 31, 2015 07:15AM

Good find, OP!

I pass that place everyday and have never been inside. I will be checking it out over the next couple of weeks, for sure.

Has anyone here eaten there? What has YOUR experience there been like?

Posted by: HX7w9 ()
Date: May 31, 2015 08:45AM

Can you say PRICEY$$$$$? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Seemed like he was embarassed to say
> crabs start at $45.

If I'm going to pay $45 and up for crabs, I'm going to be eating them somewhere near the water, not in the middle of the pavement jungle of Fairfax.

Posted by: ...in the 22039 ()
Date: May 31, 2015 09:48AM

Capt. Pells used to be the only place around. When that was the case, they tried harder.

I had been going there since the 90s, but not any more. I am done.

Way too expensive, and once after work, went with a few colleagues, one who asked for their .50c butter to be replaced (place was so darn cold, in gelled). Anyways, the waitress was so ticked by the request, the rest of there AYCE crab plates were smaller than smalls.

As a result, I've not been back since.

I went to another place last night, ON THE WATER, and got AYCE crab for $25/per person. Butter was free, or at least included in the price.

Sorry Fox5, I WON'T eat there, at Pells.

Posted by: Gambling ()
Date: May 31, 2015 10:45AM

The owners are also the servers and suck at it. bad service with crabs that are from the Gulf of Mexico. no thanks. They also need to remodel that nasty stinky bathroom and give that dumpy outside a makeover, it makes fx blvd look even shittier.

Posted by: seafood fan ()
Date: May 31, 2015 11:51AM

I used to eat @ Pell's back when they were by that "RCA" house...

But now- for $45 a dozen....no thanks. I'll just go to the wharf, grab 2 dozen for the same price, go home and get as drunk as I want to be, spread out the newspapers, melt some REAL butter, grab some extra old bay, go to town, and simply bundle up all the news papers and dump them in their own trashbag outside- I can take my time, make a huge mess, and tip myself with another beer, thanks!!!

Stuffing yourself on crabs in front of your 70" screen with the game you want to watch on, all the cold beer you can handle, and the bathroom right there clean with no line and not having to drive (past picking the crabs up) then not having to worry about crab salt getting all over you and your car after eating, simply take a quick shower and eat in PEACE= PRICELESS.

For everyone else, there's captain pells...

Posted by: Super Expensive ()
Date: May 31, 2015 12:53PM

I took my son there about two weeks ago. We both got the smallest order of shrimp, and a small order of crab legs. Including tip, my meal was over $100.

Food was very good though, just a overpriced.

Posted by: Homie D Crab ()
Date: May 31, 2015 02:04PM

Real crabby folks don't eat at Pell's, its a tourist attraction at best. I grab crabs from the wharf, and at Tim's when I am out that way.

signed,

Sponge Bob

Posted by: Warning.... ()
Date: May 31, 2015 05:08PM

Every place sucks if you ask the morons at FFXU. What a bucnh of fucking losers!

Posted by: Vixis ()
Date: May 31, 2015 05:35PM

I used to eat at Pells when they used to be near Nutley back in the 80's, crabs back then were $15 ATCE. Then when they opened at the new location some years later, it was $27. It has slowly gone up, $45 is way too excessive and I won't eat there when prices are that high. I agree with many posters, I will drive to the wharf, have them steam my crabs, bring it home and chow down in the comfort of my yard.

Posted by: imbiker ()
Date: May 31, 2015 06:21PM

I'll hvae the Crabby Patty!
Attachments:
krabby patty.gif

Posted by: pick 3 ()
Date: May 31, 2015 07:08PM

45 dolllars and up

Posted by: Y4wLH ()
Date: May 31, 2015 08:45PM

republicans are suffering from $8T of democrats printing their way into power. which used to come with a death penalty mind you. (8 10^12)/((256 10^6)/4

($125,000) per citizen owed by "our dear gov family yr 2000's"

Owed. is it any wonder law suits are demanding it ? not a single. (per citizen that isn't a gov worker or is in a family of abusive non-sharing gov workers or profiting largely off insider gov) (legal citizens). a conservative est. of disparity yet appauling before a real count.

busch and clinton began with debt and spent allot too: yes. to the tune of $8 trillion more, 8x more, than than their predecessor ? NO

i highly doubt ANY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD isn't composed of rich political families / mobs who's first priority isn't controlling the printing of fake money: inflationary debt (in all economic cycles), criminal

facist central, the UN, is based NY,NY i hear. they help to legitimize each other's authority of debt. and it's been any country EXCEPT the usa which has had quick growth during it, ssince it is USA taking a backstabbing dive that (first) drove it. UN attacks countries: ie, 15-20 militaries attacking one.

Posted by: Hmmmmm ()
Date: May 31, 2015 08:58PM

No place in NOVA really knows how to properly steam blue crabs. Too often they are over cooked, and improperly/under seasoned. Go to Kent Narrows, or Baltimore, or Popes Creek, and see what you are missing around here.

Posted by: jjre ()
Date: June 01, 2015 11:30AM

Ate there yesterday. It was stellar.

I have eaten all over Maryland and Captain Pells is as good or better.

AN IMPORTANT NOTE - THE OTHER SEAFOOD IS ALSO EXCELLENT - CLAms, OYSTERS, SHRIMP, FISH AND CRAB LEGS AND CRAB CAKES..

You get what you pay for!!

Posted by: CBSH ()
Date: June 01, 2015 12:17PM

One name, Chesapeake Bay Seafood House! They really need to bring that place back

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.