HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Murder Mystery Dinners anywhere??
Posted by: Jason ()
Date: May 08, 2009 12:03PM

Howdy!

I'm looking for something fun to do for my wife's birthday/our anniversary next weekend (May 16-17) and was wondering if there were any decent murder myster dinner places around? I was gonna go to the Inn at Buckeyestown, but they decided not to have one this month. I see there's on in Arlington in a hotel, but I wonder if its any good or just dinner theatre? Ideally I'd love a b&b that does one,but that's not looking real possible, either... Any help is truly appreciated!!

Thanks!
Jason

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Murder Mystery Dinners anywhere??
Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: May 08, 2009 12:19PM

No personal experience, but here's a list of Murder Mystery Dinner Northern Virginia: http://tinyurl.com/ova55l

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

k
Posted by: inkahootz ()
Date: May 08, 2009 12:20PM

k

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2010 12:38PM by inkahootz.

Posted by: theatrician ()
Date: May 08, 2009 01:36PM

Forget the murder mystery dinner theater -- Shear Madness has been running at the Kennedy enter for close to twenty five years now. It is a local staple, and is continually updated with pop culture references. Take her to a professionally run show, and then out to dinner in lovely Georgetown. It'll be much more worth your while than the piece of shit dinner theater in this area.

Posted by: Passer Byer ()
Date: May 08, 2009 02:02PM

I saw a sign the other day "A Murder Mystery Dinner AMERICAN IDLE" outside of maybe a hotel by fair oaks mall off of 50. Vague I know, but it's there, I swear!

Posted by: Jason ()
Date: May 08, 2009 04:28PM

Hey mr meph, I'm also a reading comprehension tutor. You seem to have missed the part where I mentioned finding one at the Inn, one in Arlington and was having difficulty finding anything at a b&b. I have good rates. You should probably sign up for a few sessions.

theatrician, I agree that local dinner theatre is pretty crummy (I have a degree in Theatrical Writing), which is why I'm trying to find something at a b&b. That we can make a weekend of it, but have one night dedicated to something goofy like a murder mystery dinner. Shear Madness is fun, but its not quite what she'd like. Thanks, though!

Passer Byer~ I pass that damn sign everyday on my way to and from work, but never actually read it! I just thought it was a 'come watch AI with us' kinda sign... ooops!!

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: May 08, 2009 04:37PM

Touche!

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Date: May 08, 2009 04:46PM

Jason Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Howdy!
>
> I'm looking for something fun to do for my wife's
> birthday/our anniversary next weekend (May 16-17)
> and was wondering if there were any decent murder
> myster dinner places around?

No. But Gravis has a box of frosted blueberry Pop Tarts and a butterfly knife in his parents' root cellar.

Posted by: Alias ()
Date: May 09, 2009 12:42AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2012 11:16PM by Alias.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.