HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
landscape businesses selling free county made mulch
Posted by: lowell ()
Date: April 18, 2015 05:14PM

for the past 3 saturdays ive waited in line to get mulch at the lorton facilityto get the mulch thats made for citizens of fairfax county . each time ive sat and watched while landscape companies and a few others that seem to be there everytime i come to load my pickup,a tacoma, so i dont get much each time but i see these people load up like the is no tomorrow,when i asked the lot worker he said they come in all the time to get it from there and take it across the bridge and sell it ,so i thought there it is, the county keeps these people in business knowing they are not citizens of fairfax county.he said there is nothing they can do about it because people alot higher refuse to put a stop to it. as a citizen of FFX i want to know why this hasnt been addressed , why are they letting these people take what is rightfully for the people of FFX county?and if they cant stop them , why not start charging those people that use it for their business and or dont live in FFX county?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: landscape businesses selling free county made mulch
Posted by: Barack the Choom Leader ()
Date: April 18, 2015 05:16PM

You can thank me later, busy making a deal with Iran.

Posted by: A Warning ()
Date: April 18, 2015 07:31PM

That shit is full of termites. If you put that mulch down you better call Orkin FAST!

Posted by: Proofreader ()
Date: April 18, 2015 07:53PM

Made your post easier for people to read..

For the past three Saturdays I have waited in line to get mulch at the Lorton Facility to get the mulch that is made for the citizens of Fairfax County. Each time I've sat and watched while landscape companies and a few others that seem to be there every time I come to load my pickup, a Tacoma.

I don't get much each time but I see these people load up like there's no tomorrow. When I asked the lot worker he said they come in all the time to take it across the bridge and sell it.

So I thought there it is. The county keeps these people in business knowing they are not citizens of Fairfax County. He said there is nothing they can do about it because people a lot higher up refuse to put a stop to it.

As a citizen of Fairfax I want to know why this hasn't been addressed. Why are they letting these people take what is made for the people of Fairfax County? If they can't stop them, then why not start charging those people that use it for their business and/or don't live in Fairfax County?

Posted by: better get some calamine ()
Date: April 18, 2015 07:54PM

Its also full of poison ivy seeds..I made that mistake once, never again

Posted by: JVwuc ()
Date: April 18, 2015 07:57PM

I took a tour at the I-66 facility and the guy running the tour said you're welcome to take ALL the mulch you want. He made it sound like they had no shortage.

But then one time I was loading up and my one car has DC plates. The loader operator asked if I had come all the way from DC to get the mulch. He said as long as it's used in Fairfax then it's ok. So, I'm not sure what the rules are if you're registered in Fairfax but taking it out of Fairfax. I guess there's no way for them to know.

Posted by: 7767362ui3 ()
Date: April 18, 2015 08:38PM

"Full of poison ivy seeds, full of termites, full of Commie spies," and on and on and on. I've gotten mulch at the dump for years. Every pickup load has about 10 or 15 little bits of plastic bag that need to be picked out. Aside from that, it's perfectly good mulch.

Posted by: FK7HN ()
Date: April 18, 2015 10:17PM

The funny part is home owners never ask where landscape companies get their mulch from that they are charging 60 dollars a yard for( not including install). Stupid white people love getting fucked.

Posted by: Mulched ()
Date: April 19, 2015 07:44AM

The County rightfully does not want to fill up its landfill space any faster than it has to. Chopping up wood and sticks and yard debris and recycling it back to the public as mulch makes sense.

However, there will always be some weed seeds and other debris (plastic pieces) mixed in with that mulch. You get what you pay for.

Posted by: And there it is ()
Date: April 19, 2015 07:44AM

FK7HN Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The funny part is home owners never ask where
> landscape companies get their mulch from that they
> are charging 60 dollars a yard for( not including
> install). Stupid white people love getting fucked.

It sure doesn't take long for a stupid degenrate liberal to throw in some ridiculous racist comment in every thread. Can't wait for a rain to come and wash all the scum away.

Posted by: DPxGM ()
Date: April 19, 2015 12:16PM

county supervisors have friend family ties with landscaping

that's why they spend thousands of hours forcing businesses and residents to buy landscaping packages

it may also be why they use YOUR MONEY to buy their business a free source of income

sure they shouldn't charge except for pickup and it should say on the receipt it was already owned by the receiver

receipts legally have to line item charges - and charging for what one already owns is DEFINITELY IN THE CATEGORY of what legally needs to be displayed on a receipt

pick-up not incl.

Posted by: 92TransAm ()
Date: April 19, 2015 01:41PM

FK7HN Wrote:
> The funny part is home owners never ask where
> landscape companies get their mulch from that they
> are charging 60 dollars a yard for( not including
> install). Stupid white people love getting fucked.

State your race coward. And we shall discuss the IQ level of YOUR race. Then we shall see who is stupid. :-)

Posted by: Kppdu ()
Date: April 19, 2015 03:31PM

92TransAm Wrote:
> FK7HN Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The funny part is home owners never ask where
> > landscape companies get their mulch from that
> they
> > are charging 60 dollars a yard for( not
> including
> > install). Stupid white people love getting
> fucked.
>
>
> State your race coward. And we shall discuss the
> IQ level of YOUR race. Then we shall see who is
> stupid. :-)

My race is the one that sells your race 90k in free mulch a year to gringos. That's a lot of 92 transams. 90k does not include install profit.

Posted by: U Stupid ()
Date: April 19, 2015 08:29PM

Kppdu Wrote:
> 92TransAm Wrote:
> -----
> > FK7HN Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > The funny part is home owners never ask where
> > > landscape companies get their mulch from that
> > they
> > > are charging 60 dollars a yard for( not
> > including
> > > install). Stupid white people love getting
> > fucked.
> >
> >
> > State your race coward. And we shall discuss
> the
> > IQ level of YOUR race. Then we shall see who is
> > stupid. :-)
>
>
> My race is the one that sells your race 90k in
> free mulch a year to gringos. That's a lot of 92
> transams. 90k does not include install profit.

I'm white and I did yard work for pay when I was a teenager. One has to be quite stupid to do it as an adult. Oh you're a beaner. Nuff said.

Posted by: mulcher ()
Date: April 19, 2015 08:38PM

Why do we have free mulch? Life, liberty, and free gardening supplies? One more thing the government shouldn't be doing.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.