HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Tried everything and now paying $300 to anyone with connections to get me a job paying $20/hour-I have a BS in economics
Date: March 14, 2015 02:44PM

I’ve tried indeed, craigslist, and staffing agencies, but have not gotten much success. I’m still trying to be persistent but I am trying to think outside the box too since most jobs are not posted publicly. I am only looking for connections or info on jobs that are not publicly posted and I will pay you after I get paid. You can easily get me fired if I don't honor the agreement with a phone call.

If you personally vouch for me, I will not let you down. I am new to the area, and only have a couple friends here. I am easy to get along with, a great team player, an excellent problem solver and very teachable, but I cant seem to compete with people from better schools or with more experience.

I am pretty much open to anything except sales unless the product is the best, and I will send you my resume if you think you can help me out. Thank you if you read this. [/FONT]

You can reach me at ayndrew@gmail.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tried everything and now paying $300 to anyone with connections to get me a job paying $20/hour-I have a BS in economics
Posted by: CVDD4 ()
Date: March 14, 2015 02:50PM

Get a list of all the non-profits and professional organizations, lobby-type groups in the DC area - I saw one a couple years ago. There are probably thousands of them. Most of them will have some kind of research department component that is a perfect fit for an econ grad. Check their websites - they will often have a job section on there. What are your work interests? Did you do any projects in school that you could use to work your way into a type of organization?

Re: Tried everything and now paying $300 to anyone with connections to get me a job paying $20/hour-I have a BS in economics
Posted by: consider it a gift ()
Date: March 14, 2015 02:51PM

Rumors abound that Boosterthon is going to be looking for a Fairfax spin doctor to address the use of instructional hours for fundraising.

As a degree holder in economics, you are well qualified. Better qualified if you are an evangelical Christian or were in a now-banned fraternity.

Posted by: TJ Hicks ()
Date: March 14, 2015 02:53PM

Ever thought about a career in man whoring?

I'm always looking for another he bitch in my man stable.

Posted by: Reality check 101 ()
Date: March 14, 2015 03:03PM

NOBODY is going to give your lazy ass a 40k + a year job for $300 are you fucking stupid?

Posted by: VnHGK ()
Date: March 14, 2015 03:22PM

CVDD4 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Get a list of all the non-profits and professional
> organizations, lobby-type groups in the DC area -
> I saw one a couple years ago. There are probably
> thousands of them. Most of them will have some
> kind of research department component that is a
> perfect fit for an econ grad. Check their
> websites - they will often have a job section on
> there. What are your work interests? Did you do
> any projects in school that you could use to work
> your way into a type of organization?

That's actually a good idea. My college housemate econ major got his first job with a big DC nonprofit helping them to skew statistics in their desired ways. lol

Posted by: Some Thoughts ()
Date: March 14, 2015 03:47PM

CVDD4 Wrote:
> Get a list of all the non-profits and professional
> organizations, lobby-type groups in the DC area -
> I saw one a couple years ago. There are probably
> thousands of them. Most of them will have some
> kind of research department component that is a
> perfect fit for an econ grad. Check their
> websites - they will often have a job section on
> there. What are your work interests? Did you do
> any projects in school that you could use to work
> your way into a type of organization?

Great advice. There are tons of trade associations around here, large and small. Last I knew, they tend to offer modest salaries but good benefits and a relatively stable environment. A quick google search found the following resources:

http://www.usa.gov/topics/consumer/trade-organizations.pdf
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_industry_trade_groups_in_the_United_States

I'm sure there are others. Many of these places post job openings online. Well placed phone calls could probably uncover more opportunities.

I could be completely off-base, but I doubt that your school is hurting your job search. It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of jobs in your field require a masters degree or higher. If you haven't already done so, have someone who knows what they're doing look over your résumé. It really needs to look great. You might also get feedback on your personal presentation.

Bottom line - do your research. Good luck.

Posted by: ayndrew@gmail.com ()
Date: March 14, 2015 04:30PM

Thanks guys, I think this will help

Posted by: DNLvc ()
Date: March 14, 2015 04:41PM

Make sure you're checking the Washington Post. Try key words like "analyst" and "research".

Posted by: ktkjik ()
Date: March 14, 2015 05:19PM

Vector marketing...Just sayin'

Posted by: Huh??? ()
Date: March 14, 2015 05:47PM

OP? Are you out of your mind?

So, I'm putting 25 years worth of my professional reputation on the line to vouch for you? Whom I've never met? For $300?

What happens when you shit the bed and have a glorious flame out and they shit can me in the collateral fallout? Zippy chance I'm exposing myself to that kind of risk for $300.

Posted by: Foghorn Legbone ()
Date: March 14, 2015 11:04PM

Shit go for the gold son! Why not offer $900 and you can be making $60 an hour...

Shit go for the gold son! Why not offer $900 and you can be making $60 an hour...

Posted by: Markiting Direcktor ()
Date: March 21, 2015 11:30AM

The fast food industry is your only option.

Posted by: Mike O'Meara Show Fan ()
Date: March 21, 2015 12:18PM

''I am pretty much open to anything except sales unless the product is the best, and I will send you my resume if you think you can help me out. Thank you if you read this. [/FONT]

You can reach me at ayndrew@gmail.com''

So no jobs that require attention to detail, right?

Posted by: Turd Ferguson ()
Date: March 21, 2015 12:32PM

$20/hr in Fairfax Co? Man, you'd be broke as shit.

Posted by: Rusty, Just Rusty ()
Date: March 21, 2015 07:03PM

ayndrew@gmail.com Wrote:
> I am pretty much open to anything except sales

So anal sex is still on the plate? Apply at Kilroy's for the Wednesday Night shift. I can pretty much $20 and hour from my crew alone.

Posted by: MVvDn ()
Date: March 22, 2015 06:02PM

in facists countries that's legal but in the USA that's not legal

so if you find a public employer taking bribes...

pleaes report it to use and we will "take care of the problem"

Posted by: 3xu6y ()
Date: March 22, 2015 06:02PM

just keep talking

Posted by: miniobama wage ()
Date: March 22, 2015 06:17PM

Isn't minimum wage more than $20 an hour? Just work at Walmart.

Posted by: You people are stupid! ()
Date: March 22, 2015 08:05PM

Author, disregard all stupid comments. You are doing a right thing by offering reward for a help. Good luck!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.