HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
ah, shoveling snow: should i refuse ?
Posted by: one fine neighbor ()
Date: February 17, 2015 10:09AM

i have this neighbor who begs me to shovel his driveway "for money"

my "neighbor" likes to prevent me from getting anything done. appears out of nowhere only if i'm working (outside)

so he stands in the way so i cannot get a snow shovel. the guy positions himself so that when he swings his snow shovel i'll be hit with it (which can be a serious injury with a metal shovel). he must be asked to not do so. but then makes this a thing to argue over - and stars playing guilt mind games with it. does not matter where i stand he insures a problem arises by moving into my space.

same guy who will bump or shake a ladder when i'm 25' up in the sky (when i'm at my place) when i DID NOT ask for help - saying i should have someone "hold my ladder".

but he's going to "help me"

he also continually verbally antagonizes me while i'm working. and or insists i do the impossible (ie, like remove ice on concrete with a metal shovel - which is not just difficult: it damages good concrete)

-------------------------------
should i

1) eh, only 6" his car can get over it if he wants to cry about it tough luck, dont shovel driveway

2) put up with the above and shovel snow - though the pay isnt worth it

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ah, shoveling snow: should i refuse ?
Posted by: one fine neighbor ()
Date: February 17, 2015 10:17AM

this same "neighbor" goes around town telling people i'm too lazy to shovel snow if i refuse. and that only someone who has something "wrong" with them would not do the obligatory snow shoveling "everyone does"

so what is a good "strategy" for these kinds of attacks ?

Posted by: quit complaining... ()
Date: February 17, 2015 10:40AM

Be direct. Tell him to stay away from you while you are working. Is it that hard? If you cannot muster the balls to do that just go inside every time he bugs you. Tell him you have a cake in the oven or you need to check a leaky sink. Do it every time.

Stop picking on the elderly help him dont help him but quit complaining...

Posted by: hdTGx ()
Date: February 17, 2015 10:44AM

haha this is so pathetic if it's real. You should tell the old man to put a fucking sock in it and get the fuck out of your way so you can work - it's less than 10 words and really gets the point across. If you don't want to shovel his driveway, say no.

Posted by: Don't help out ()
Date: February 17, 2015 10:53AM

He sounds like a nutcase. I would bother.

Posted by: I hate autocorrect ()
Date: February 17, 2015 10:54AM

I would NOT bother.

Posted by: One Question ()
Date: February 17, 2015 12:26PM

If the guy is over 80 years old, just shut up and help him out. If not, tell him to fuck off.

Posted by: Mr Roper ()
Date: February 17, 2015 04:55PM

it aint a TV sitcom, if he bugs you, avoid him. it aint hard. if he comes over when youre working walk away or go inside or drive away. he arm-twists you into shoveling for him because all the rest of his neighbors are already avoiding him.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.