HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Please Tell Me We're Not Paying for Staff and Teacher Not Working?
Posted by: Pay Time? ()
Date: January 09, 2015 09:57AM

So how does the teacher and staff time get handled on snow days? They take a day of vacation? 2 hour delays? Vacation time?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Please Tell Me We're Not Paying for Staff and Teacher Not Working?
Posted by: please explain ()
Date: January 09, 2015 10:30AM

So now they have 13 days built in to the school year to counter bad weather etc. The school year started about the same day as last year and end the school year 3 days earlier. Can anyone explain how they magically crunched 10 extra days when the calendar year is really the same?

One other issue is that support staff usually has to report on weather closure days but teachers do not. The same teachers that whine about no or not enough planning time, grading papers at home until midnight. Perhaps they could report late as well and the county could get a little work out them instead of potentially giving them another 10 days off with pay. If some adults can manage to get to work, then the other group of adults should be able to as well.

Posted by: Section_8_Sharon ()
Date: January 09, 2015 11:44AM

Pay Time? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So how does the teacher and staff time get handled
> on snow days? They take a day of vacation? 2
> hour delays? Vacation time?

Yes, full pay to sit at home. Get over it suckahs and pay yo taxes bitch.

Posted by: Answerssss ()
Date: January 09, 2015 12:10PM

please explain Wrote:
> So now they have 13 days built in to the school
> year to counter bad weather etc. The school year
> started about the same day as last year and end
> the school year 3 days earlier. Can anyone explain
> how they magically crunched 10 extra days when the
> calendar year is really the same?
>
> One other issue is that support staff usually has
> to report on weather closure days but teachers do
> not. The same teachers that whine about no or not
> enough planning time, grading papers at home until
> midnight. Perhaps they could report late as well
> and the county could get a little work out them
> instead of potentially giving them another 10 days
> off with pay. If some adults can manage to get to
> work, then the other group of adults should be
> able to as well.

The state requires either a certain number of days per school year, or a certain number of classroom hours. Last year FCPS used days as their measurement to meet state attendance reuirements. This school year they changed to hours. Now that attendance is based on hours instead of days, it freed up additional days which is why there are 13 days this year.

Posted by: wbu3p ()
Date: January 09, 2015 12:13PM

please explain Wrote:
> So now they have 13 days built in to the school
> year to counter bad weather etc. The school year
> started about the same day as last year and end
> the school year 3 days earlier. Can anyone explain
> how they magically crunched 10 extra days when the
> calendar year is really the same?
>
> One other issue is that support staff usually has
> to report on weather closure days but teachers do
> not. The same teachers that whine about no or not
> enough planning time, grading papers at home until
> midnight. Perhaps they could report late as well
> and the county could get a little work out them
> instead of potentially giving them another 10 days
> off with pay. If some adults can manage to get to
> work, then the other group of adults should be
> able to as well.

We actually always had more then 3 snow days "built in" but because the elementary schools had half day Mondays, THEY weren't in school enough hours to use more than 3 snow days so we ALL had to go with the 3 snow day limit. Middle and High schoolers have always gone to school more hours than the elementary school but couldn't take advantage of using that extra time as snow days since the elementary students didn't have that much time to play around with.

By making Mondays full days, they added enough hours to the elementary schedule that now all the students in the county attend school for the same amount of time. Therefore, all that extra time in our schedule can now be used as snow days. My understanding, though, is that now that we are following the time guidelines that say students have to be in school a certain number of hours (as opposed to before when it was a certain number of days) that now even 2 hour delays count against us as opposed to before when they didn't.

So...for all the years that we don't have any snow days or have only 1 or 2, students and teachers are actually in school more than what is required by the state. If we don't use all of our snow days at the end of the year, we do not get them back. We just work more that year (no change in pay).

Posted by: Reassuring... ()
Date: January 09, 2015 12:24PM

Good to see that calm and rational voices actually do exist. The screaming meemies sufferers living their peripatetic lives in perpetual fits of dread and artery-popping paranoia over fears that someone somewhere might be ripping them off can get rather tiresome after a while.

Posted by: sure ()
Date: January 09, 2015 12:27PM

Most years the state has waived many of the make up days so don't try to make us believe teachers work many extra days without compensation. Lets just go to year round school and none of it will be a problem, except a majority will threaten to quit.

Posted by: Taggert ()
Date: January 09, 2015 12:34PM

Reassuring... Wrote:
> Good to see that calm and rational voices actually
> do exist. The screaming meemies sufferers living
> their peripatetic lives in perpetual fits of dread
> and artery-popping paranoia over fears that
> someone somewhere might be ripping them off can
> get rather tiresome after a while.

You use your tongue prettier than a $20 whore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8d8h1lbzoHY

Posted by: Fjkn7 ()
Date: January 09, 2015 12:37PM

they hadn't been you've been brain washed. only in the last several years...

began in the 1990's with doubling of gov pay "gov needs to pay proffessionals that's how we'll get better gov" they said. of course the ones that profited were never qualified as they were already grandfathered in!! ie, the bull-o-va mob. it was all bullshit at the start everyone knew it. what they didn't know is the money wasn't there - that the new cadre was completely willing to falsify bank records and court records. the "me generation".

gov next issued mandamus (which btw is illegal) it would use tax money to build colleges and also have control of who is certified, and police school children. electrical unions, privated colleges, and smart citizens were outrage. but the democrats did it despite that, and refused to answer lawsuits.

all of that was mastered by democrats and illegals, who'd been running the same facist system, in other countries. the "gov political families decide their own pay and dictate to the population" mob.

HOWEVER at the time the working class had the real power and say few of them imagined gov workers would begin decidign their own pay here in the USA. and they had the power to stop it at the time. AT THE TIME gov workers would not DARE make a move that the general public or major private industry did not approve: including their gov pay rate.

then in the late 1990's the democrats began doing something else they were sued for and skipped suits on: trafficing in illegal immigrants to vote for them, leaving citizens starving and without housing. they also demanded they hire more political family to "provide language translation" (now there are more spanish channels than nigga channels, if you notice). it was never considered legal to force prisoners to vote by threat or use votes from other countries. it was opportunistic because over-fucked over-populated and stolen from mexicans were being slaughtered by the Mexican king and wishing to flee anyway. And it wasn't becasue mexico didn't have money: it was their communist gov workers were horking all the resources (printing fake money).

"payign for the (enemy, any enemy) to votes" this put the rich democrat political families, many not from this country and who are illegals themselves, in a power position of stealing a country and printing it's money 8x over: and threatening the public with high paid police not to approach them or force them into court.

we now have foreign military agents who are in gov jobs paying 3x what europe/mexico called devilry - and they are attacking our system from within

meanwhile there's obama democrats running a black prince of africa rules the whitey's who's thrown out the constitution. all the illegals will break any rule necessary and print any ammount of money to insure they do not loose the ability to be in the cash flow of USA gov sending them checks (or of taking over towns like fx co and insuring only spics and asians get jobs while they drive around toyotas on the USA tax dime).

the bull-o-va gov was not remotely involved. they took bribes from and aided this crowd to take over the one town in the USA which should have been protected: the bedroom of the federal government.

the bull-o-va gov helped aid the enemy, profited from false activities such as "providing gov mandated spanish translation of all gov documents", housed the enemy, helped use airports partly untheir their authority to cause a tower of hanoi operation of injecting every foreigner they could sell a ticket to into all critical parts of the USA includign DC

they (and MD) were absolutely who and what betrayed the nerve system of the country and handed it to money launderers from foreign countries

they did it for mc'mansions and to give high pay jobs to their worthless kids who they had too many of. and crime breeds.

Posted by: Record lows... ()
Date: January 09, 2015 12:39PM

sure Wrote:
> Lets just go to year round school...

Too late to do YOU any good, dumbass.

> ...and none of it will be a problem, except a
> majority will threaten to quit.

God, you're stupid. Year round school consists of four separate sessions, three of which are worked by any given full-time teacher.

But it won't actually happen. the tourist industry needs summer vacation too much to stand for any actual change. And corporations need to have "interns" to sit in for real workers while they are on holiday.

Posted by: garanimal ()
Date: January 09, 2015 12:42PM

They are getting paid, they're on salary. But they will have to be there with the kids on make up days, so it evens out

Posted by: hxjyp ()
Date: January 09, 2015 12:42PM

sure Wrote:
> Most years the state has waived many of the make
> up days so don't try to make us believe teachers
> work many extra days without compensation. Lets
> just go to year round school and none of it will
> be a problem, except a majority will threaten to
> quit.

No they haven't. In fact, back in 2003 or 2004 whenever we had that big snowstorm that kept us out of school for two weeks, we were required to either add days to the end of the year or add time to the daily schedule in order to make up the days missed.

And there have been plenty of years where we didn't use all of our snow days and we were not given those days back (in the form of shortening the school year).

Posted by: year round school ()
Date: January 09, 2015 12:44PM

Record lows... Wrote:
> sure Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Lets just go to year round school...
>
> Too late to do YOU any good, dumbass.
>
> > ...and none of it will be a problem, except a
> > majority will threaten to quit.
>
> God, you're stupid. Year round school consists of
> four separate sessions, three of which are worked
> by any given full-time teacher.
>
> But it won't actually happen. the tourist
> industry needs summer vacation too much to stand
> for any actual change. And corporations need to
> have "interns" to sit in for real workers while
> they are on holiday.

Year round school used to happen at a handful of Fairfax County Schools up until very recently. It was eliminated because of budget cuts.

I seriously doubt many K-8 students are serving as "interns" at most corporations. At a minimum it could occur at that level. There are many prominent local and state leaders looking at that. It would be particularly beneficial for the recent immigrant population.

Posted by: kGEcD ()
Date: January 09, 2015 12:48PM

ie, before bull-o-va "me generation"

gas was $12/gal in germany and they were NOT allowed to just waltz over to the USA and get a 3x pay gov job

gov jobs in usa didn't pay that and were ONLY OPEN to citizens - usually the patriotic ones and often the ones: MORE IN NEED OF WORK, unable to make it in the pay/race private sector for one reason or another - or just enjoyed service and patriotism (that was definitely true with many of them)

italy was closing fiat and getting loans from Chrystler who in turn was getting loans from USA citizens (which indirectly includes taxation on, ie, Ford)

-----------------------------
it was SPECIFICALLY bull-o-va generation who denied they had any finiancial or moral boundries and broke every rule there was to break

they are a worst generation

the highest pay disperity in USA history and also around the world between government workers threatening citizens and citizens working in the town: today

the highest rate of citizens jailed and shot and performing Kamikazi against gov and even family / co-workers: TODAY

the largest mansions and playgrounds for the rich: TODAY

the worst population management (there is none - any foreigner can have any number of kids and attack a whitey to pay for it), worst job/factory made-in-USA planning, worst storehouse and shipped goods distribution (as in the scales of justice, meaning fair distribution): TODAY

the worst infiltration of our military of use of foreign arms and electronics (many no doubt tainted) often even managed by foreigners working inside our military: TODAY. most money paid out to foreigners for military (and gov) goods instead of to USA contractors and citizen workers: TODAY

Posted by: UC67v ()
Date: January 09, 2015 12:50PM

they hadn't been

you keep suggesting they had been

i know your lying

Posted by: Record lows... ()
Date: January 09, 2015 02:37PM

year round school Wrote:
> Year round school used to happen at a handful of
> Fairfax County Schools up until very recently. It
> was eliminated because of budget cuts.

Yes, and the pebble was still too small to create even ripples.

> I seriously doubt many K-8 students are serving as
> "interns" at most corporations. At a minimum it
> could occur at that level.

Not actually relevant. Any significant pattern of K-12 kids being in school all summer upsets the entire apple cart. You've got one kid doing school in the summer, it may as well be all of them. Tourist industry profits would be hammered. Just ask them.

> There are many prominent local and state leaders
> looking at that. It would be particularly beneficial
> for the recent immigrant population.

I'm sure there are, but I'm not sure this last one is such a good point to be hammering on. A "Great for Spics!" slogan might not be what's needed to help move the year-round notion along. And in the big picture, you can have all the blue-ribbon commission reports you want, but actual school in the summer is not a practical option right now and it's unlikely to be for at least a good long while.

Recall that last year, school ran a few days longer than scheduled because of state law, and it was like "Goobers Gone Wild!" around here. A public education system has a lot of moving parts. If at all, you want to try to move it very carefully.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.