HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Matt Chadwick's Shooting
Posted by: Vienna Keeps Things Quiet ()
Date: June 18, 2021 07:42AM

Does anyone knew what the story was regarding this shooting? Vienna does not have many shootings. I know the victim had strong ties to Madison HS and VYI. Vienna likes to throw a wet blanket on any bad press.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Matt Chadwick's Shooting
Posted by: anon former jmhs student ()
Date: June 22, 2021 06:18PM

i used to hang out with chadwick sometimes in high school at JMHS and can’t believe he’s gone. the implication was that his friend jose shot him “on accident” but i don’t think it was an accident. jose owns multiple illegal firearms, is associated with a gang, and abused my close friend in every way imaginable for about two years. he is a historically violent person and although i don’t know what his motive would’ve been to kill chadwick, i don’t doubt he did it on purpose. first jose tried to claim it was a suicide to the cops, then he said it was on accident, and then the cops were thinking it was intentional. they were all drunk and from what i heard jose was playing around with the gun and shot him, but it’s not exactly easy to accidentally shoot someone in the head. jose got locked up but somehow he’s out now so i honestly have no idea what’s going on, but there needs to be further investigation

Posted by: Josh Stafford ()
Date: March 15, 2022 09:27AM

They just arrested Andrew Gordiyenko for this shooting. There's no mention of anyone named Jose in the article.
https://www.facebook.com/100064651753308/posts/332647822233607/

Posted by: Joe Sey Im not Guilty ()
Date: March 15, 2022 10:55AM

https://www.ffxnow.com/2022/03/15/just-in-police-arrest-suspect-in-vienna-park-apartment-shooting/

Vienna police have identified a suspect in last summer’s fatal shooting at the Vienna Park apartment complex.

Andrew Gordiyenko was arrested around 1 p.m. yesterday (Monday) and charged with involuntary manslaughter for allegedly shooting 21-year-old Matthew Chadwick on June 10, the Vienna Police Department announced today (Tuesday).

He has also been charged with reckless handling of a firearm and unlawful firing in an occupied dwelling. All three charges are felonies.

Gordiyenko is currently being held on no bond at the Fairfax County Adult Detention Center.

Vienna police officers were dispatched to the 100 block of Patrick Street SE in the early morning hours of June 10, 2021 for “an unknown situation.” Upon arriving, they found a man inside an apartment who had sustained a gunshot wound to the head.

The victim, later identified as Chadwick, was transported to the hospital. Police reported that he died from his injuries on June 14, but an obituary says he died on June 11.

The VPD did not immediately respond to a request for clarification.

Posted by: i hope the truth comes out ()
Date: March 17, 2022 01:29AM

Andrew is innocent! He has never been a violent person and he is being framed for this. Jose is the killer, Andrew is the scapegoat. Jose has been bragging about killing Matt to multiple people since the murder.

Posted by: Citizen one by one ()
Date: March 17, 2022 11:40AM

If you have factual knowledge of this please reach out to the police dept to give a statement

Posted by: Someone ()
Date: March 21, 2022 10:41AM

I also think that guy Jose should be in jail, for selling drugs to minors Im sure he keeps doing it and no one can catch him.There should be an investigation on him. Police should follow him every where he goes.

Posted by: the biggest opp ()
Date: April 18, 2024 01:24AM

... it's time for me to step in. #FREEANDREW

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.