HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2
AUTOMOTIVE QUESTION: P0440 EVAP code. Does fuel vapor recovery work?
Posted by: dictator / nazzi-ism in USA ()
Date: July 06, 2023 11:50AM

The carbon cansister is a novel invetion, however it's naturally cost prohibitive, yet required anyway! Clinton.gov

HERE IS A NON-NOVEL WAY TO ASSESS epa fake engineers calculations:

THE SIMPLE LAWN MOWER SITUATION.

I have a gas can in my garage. I can leave it over the summer unused, come back and it's relatively full. Perhaps on a hot day if I use it there is a small puff as I take off the lid. This contradicts the EPA entirely: who say the can bill be empty 10x over during the summer - except it won't be, that's the thing - it will be full. THEY LIE.

(a 1980's Made In USA metal can with USA patented Nylon (tm) lid, not the New Jersey made in china plastic shit that spills everywhere when you try to use it!)

--------------------------------
now: to "correct the sin of this small puff of air", CONSIDER THIS:

The rule of this game, which is 100% an A, the correct rule, is that if I spend money and fuel preventing this puff of air that

i remove that amount wasted from the can

Thus, what I have remaining in the can REFLECTS THE ACTUAL AMOUNT OF GAS (which has not gone missing by waste: which is the 100% correct guage - the gas usable which was not wasted but used)

* i must every 2 years SPEND GAS to take the mower and can to an government inspector (some gov friend approved asshole not necessarily qualified) this mechanic and building must be paid also - which ALSO COMES OUT OF GAS BURNED / GAS MONEY

* I must pay "the gov" to register i've done so, says Bill Clinton. this cost just keeps going up

* i add an EVAP system to my lawn mower (and gas can also)

(cansister, lots of special lines and special chinese connectors instead of normal gas hose connectors, multiple solenoids, special and expensive can lids, AND COMPUTERS and displays: and more than one computer btw)

all those costs are removed from my gas can. so if i mow 70 years, say 2 gal/yr, that's 140 gal. the above costs (amazon) $500. so already i've wasted almost all my gas money for 70 years. ALL OF THAT goes to MFG and people using gas to MFG and fuck: it all ends up fuel vented and burned.

* when the mower and can age I will continual get "A dealer light" which is falsely activated because the computers programming is really designed for new operation - as data sways the computer WILL HAVE GLITCHES THAT FALSELY ACTIVE THE WARNING LIGHTS simply because IT'S A STUPID PIECE OF SHIT designed in the 1980's by total assholes who would do things like "move a solenoid from Reagan where you can reach it to Clinton you have to remove the gas tank to access it" (intentional chinese obstruction put in USA brand cars)

* this requires my time (which has a fuel vapor and fuel value and personal value - infact i have no first child at a ripe age is one adjunct effect) OR BRINGING IT TO A DEALER, who hires illegal aliens - who threatents them to steal (which illegal aliens are easy to find flexible to do) - these are owned by local rich families who should be jailed

NOW AFTER REMOVING THE FUEL SPENT DOING ALL THAT ...

HOW MUCH GAS DO I HAVE IN MY CAN PROPER TO MOW WITH WHICH I HAD STARTED WITH?

Because that's the correct environmental guage: if i remove fuel "to prevent loss of a puff of air" and waste it to prevent the same, then not only can't i use it but that fuel is WASTED*

meaning it goes toward harm to the atmosphere - and my ability to reproduce as well - with the costs and time included

(NOTE: saying any puff of gas vapor kills the greenhouse - that is not true. #1 i have a lid on the can. #2 if i waste gas to prevent it, that gets both vapor and burned which MUST be accounted by any non-currupt accountant - which is ME - which is the rule of the game above)

(NOTE: as for auto - A DEFECTIVE GAS CAP IS REQUIRED BY LAW, their calculations of preventing vapor all were made with the assumption of a defective cap. they made the cap law THEN made EVAP equipment and statistics to require that as law based on A DEFECTIVE GAS CAP)

put on a correctly functional (ie not chinese) gas cap and re-evaluate EPA's rule: THEY DON'T HAVE A FUCKING CASE

Infact the correct gas gap WAS MFG in USA before all this ...

((before china germany uk and other financial terrorists and corrupt CEO began "infiltrating usa's mfg" with bribes))

Model T Ford: it became a point you had to loosen cap if you drove far because a vaccum developed as fuel was sucked out of tank.

Later: it became "law" that gas caps must have a pin hole so that on a very hot day an almost empty but large cheaply made gas tank "would not bulge too much" (an asshole law helping a corrupt MFG that should have done a recal)

(now, you can't have a pressure relief valve since those can fail: your only option if you need one, which you SHOULDN'T, is pin hole - since one is required anyhow if the other fails - no need to do both)

SO - FOR A WHILE YOU COULD GET GAS CAPS with those features:

1) allowed AIR IN, but not out

2) had "pin hole" so that pressure over, say 9 PSI, could slowly get out on the hottiest of days

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: AUTOMOTIVE QUESTION: P0440 EVAP code. Does fuel vapor recovery work?
Posted by: 45hy4hj64 ()
Date: July 06, 2023 12:03PM

APPENDIX:

"cabon canister is naturally cost prohibitive". PURE DRY CARBON is expensive - very expensive. also it weights many pounds which one must USE FUEL and added steel frame to carry

"the pin hole" should NOT be needed. let me repeat. The introduction of the EPA "crappy quality chinese hoses connected to the tank, poorly secured" causes the danger / need - since they can't take even 3 PSI - just a puff of air, over time, will knock those cheap chinese hoses off and now you have "an open gas can" due to trying to have a closed one ?! assholes

Posted by: 45h45 ()
Date: July 06, 2023 12:03PM

little red riding hood

Posted by: 4hj5jk56 ()
Date: July 06, 2023 12:12PM

You can google it: there isn't a shady tree mechanic who thinks this EAP EVAP system is worth a crap. many don't even know ...

They all complain that it's obnoxious and expensive to repair when the car is old.

They all complain that THE DRIVE CYCLE to "reset the whole system" for P0440* is both obnoxious AND ILLEGAL*

** in the 1970's you could get on the HWY and do stunts required to reset the drive cycle computer. but today HWY is crowded and police can (AND WILL) give you a ticket. putting mechanics IN THE HOT SEAT for this epa HORSE SHIT methane in the atmosphere scare.

THIS IS ALL DONE BY THREATS - THREATS of financial ruin and imprisonment if you don't "agree with the epa laws are like the 10 commandments", just as pure are God's word - when you damn KNOW Clinton and Hillary was (is) a devil.

BIG TECH nazzi - who actually are German SS often (that's not a joke - it's a fact germans are deeply nested in USA's tech infrastructure)

BIG TECH DELETES POSTS of mechanics that complain in mechanic's forums

while still you CAN google complaints ... because there are so many and some are sideways ...

the IP BAN FOR LIFE any mechanics who begin listing why this EPA system is so corrupt and doesn't do anything it says it's doing

and that's where FFU comes in ...

NAZZI - and the chinese* - cannot yet IP BAN FOR LIFE bloggers on FFU

it is infact chinese servers and "moderators" (chinese and german moderators) who do allot of the IP BANNING FOR LIFE. it's not the USA - it's CNN and other demcorats who advertise falsely that the banning is done from usa. that's the big lie. the IP BANNING is done by foreigners who have motives to destroy USA

Posted by: g34h545h4 ()
Date: July 06, 2023 12:21PM

* P0440 is most likely to "appear" while your wating for an EPA inspection, that's right - for those inflicted with old cars the most likely time the fucker lights up is while your waiting for inspection in the line: awful

* the fucker isn't self resetting: P0440, if you fix it, doesn't go away - IT MAY TAKE WEEKS TO RESET

* in an older car you can do the drive cycle AND IT STILL DOESN'T RESET - due to bugs in the software which was "kinda made to expect new car data"

* in a car that does shit like "i have to key it twice to start", the PCM is useless. it has no idea how to construe an VENT VALVE which was commanded to open on first key, still is opening, on the second key WHAM: you get a code but the code is AN ERROR not a sensation of EVAP environmental problem

If it takes weeks to naturally reset, and there's no way to force a test - then even a dealer mechanic doesn't know for sure if the fucker is fixed when he gives it back to the customer. he only knows - if he's not a cheating asshole ilelgal alien preffered by local rich dealership oweners that:

he fixed A problem - but perhaps not all the problem

that's 100% A correct. the EPA system by design obstructs even the best mechanic from serving the customer

but for the shady tree mechanic - it's a fucking nightmare of "how do i test a part, install it back, wait for 2 weeks or never for OBDII to run the test - the repair would take years** if there are several parts to test"

** the shady tree mechanic has other things to do than sit on a car like a hen - a repair with 50 elements taking weeks to reset WOULD TAKE MANY YEARS, NOT MANY DAYS

* the CODE may not reflect an imporoperly working system: it may represent MANUFACTURER DEFECTS "the stupid computer misunderstanding what is a car"

Posted by: hj56j5 ()
Date: July 06, 2023 12:24PM

"this repair could take years not minutes" is why you won't find a single shady tree mechanic who believes "THE GOVERNMENT AND BIG AUTO" isn't fucking them over

ALSO - as i said above - the fuckers began using "special connectors" AND PUTTING COMPONENTS WHERE YOU CAN'T GET TO THEM where just before Bill Clinton the same components were easy to find and access

THERE IS NO DOUBT: THIS EPA EVAP SYTEM: IS EVIL

IT'S NOT MEAN TO HELP EITHER ENVIRONMENT OR FUEL SAVING. IT IS SIMPLY EVIL.

Posted by: 3tg3h534 ()
Date: July 06, 2023 12:34PM

hqdefault.jpg

MADE IN CHINA, costs $2,000, i've used one

isn't worth a shit

apply air pressure use spray soap: $0.025

Posted by: 3g3h5 ()
Date: July 06, 2023 12:36PM

Holy Ch*(*#, $2,000 - does the MFG allow I use a hooka?

Posted by: gh45h4 ()
Date: July 06, 2023 12:41PM

HERE'S ANOTHER NAZZI FACT ...

GERMANY UK FILED LAWSUITS GM WAS NOT ALLOWED TO USE ODB-II privately - SAYING IT NEEDED TO BE AN OPEN SPECIFICATION, so shady tree mechanics could work.

AFTER GERMAN GOT ODB-II FOR FREE FROM GM - THEY CLOSED IT, ADDED HACKS AND ELECTRICAL DAMAGE POSSIBILITIES (non-insider traps), AND GERMANY BECAME THE SOLE PROVIDER OF ODB-II CONSUMER MARKET NOT GM. The units aren't made in Germany either - they are all made in china.

and UBUNTU - which i've thoroughly investigated as TERRORISTS and corrupt (search FFU - there are countless areticles with EXTENSIVE CREDIBLE AND PHYSICAL EVIDENCE PROOF posted)

UBUNTU is "definitely a part of stealing ODB-II" into german owned company production

Posted by: a real danger not covered by EPA ()
Date: July 06, 2023 12:50PM

those little satanic EPA bastards did NOT cover this TRUE LAW

(it's an actual NFPA 54: National Fuel Gas Code / plumging gas code)

the EVAP system doesn't prevent all vapor from escaping - there are many situations it still will escape. (equivalent to loose gas cap)

CARS IN GARAGE if they have vapor will go into basements and cause health problems. but the EVAP system does NOTHING for this - it guarantees cars may have vapors it doesn't make a system where vapor never escapes. (ie if cansiter is full, ie if gas cap pressure is exceeded, ie if cheap ass hoses come off)

there are codes to prevent leaks into basements: but illegal aliiens working for Ryan home don't give a CRAP about it

You then have "parking garages" which due to the above must use SPARKLESS FANS for fear of explosion - but do you think Jose didn't cheat the code and use a normal fan ? Your wrong.

SUMMARY: the EPA EVAP code, despite being all about control of fumes - IS DERELICT OF HUMAN SAFETY and standing code

(as is having illegal aliens disreguard garage/basement barriers)

Posted by: 4h4j6n65j ()
Date: July 06, 2023 12:54PM

the "epa required system" is like "storing fuel in active carbon is more precious than people breathing"

HOWEVER: there's no explination how i can leave a gas can in the summer with the lid on, come back months later - and still find an intact can full of gas

THERE ARE MASSIVE LIES GOING ON

Posted by: 3g4h45h ()
Date: July 06, 2023 01:02PM

(it's an actual NFPA 54: National Fuel Gas Code / plumging gas code)

THOU SHALT NOT HAVE ENERGIZED ELECTRICITY, especially the kind that is cappable of arcing, ANYWHERE NEAR VAPOR

Posted by: 3tg3h53 ()
Date: July 06, 2023 01:13PM

51+yYs1emeL.jpg

* VENT SOLENOID: a piece of crap chinese plastic box with air door THAT RUNS ON 12V. IT IS CERTAINLY NEVER UL LISTED. (this breaks breaks many NFPA rules). it is immersed continually in fuel vapor.

the safety factor here is "the vent door is plastic and the solenoid arm is NOT VAPOR SEALED REALLY" (ie, it's not like it operates by magnet through plastic: there's a gap vapor can enter surely)

* furthermore, auto makers still flow +/- on chasis, meaning the frame is not ohly BIASSD, it contains drop/flow/ampherage. it is potential that the frame can arc to GND because it is not necessarily at the same potential

41ggGlzROYL.jpg

FUEL PUMP: was located in fire-walled engine compartment: ADD MADE IN CHINA GM - is now 12V immersed in gasoline again without any UL listing or inspection before it enters USA

battery-electric-cars-fire.png

"the chinese can be trusted with fire safety"? obviously you have no idea where many if not most USA home fires come from: chinese imports that FAIL

Posted by: 34g3h54 ()
Date: July 06, 2023 01:13PM

96209ee0a39c479e8a9be6c3b673ea42_800.jpg

Posted by: 34t34g ()
Date: July 06, 2023 01:14PM

china-telecom-building-fire-e14351c3-606

they no doubt blamed one of the chinese occupants for the fire

Posted by: 4546j5 ()
Date: July 06, 2023 01:27PM

NFPA 54 summary:

while NOT helping greenhouse gas ratios and gouging customers and being a boon to china, Clinton.gov's EPA's EVAP has added un-inspected POOR QUALITY hoses carrying vapor and liquid fuel or both (a mess of different ways unpredictable by model/year), ALONG WITH potentially energized components all over the place - perhaps by any loose wire, or welding, or mistaken installtion

it not only does this but it does this UNDER PASSENGER SEATS instead of inside the firewall protected engine area

FURTHERMORE - the firewall also has proven in-effective in cases - burning passengers in accident cases instead of flames and heat exiting the engine area without passenger harm

Posted by: 5y4hj5 ()
Date: July 06, 2023 01:39PM

maxresdefault.jpg

Jeep MECHANICAL fuel pump. In the fire protected engine compartment. Unlike the chinese one obove which is

THE CHINESE FUEL PUMP

2c55b6a1b9f0d131849bbe0216ee4ec6.jpg

THE CHINESE FUEL PUMP

* much larger

* requires a "rat's nest" of multiple 12V wiring inside your fuel tank!

* much more expensive

* much heavier

* much larger

* both the pump and awful "fuel level meter" on it CONTINUALLY FAIL

* imported - none are made in USA

a fact GM FORD TOYOTA CHINA GERMANY have been "keeping quiet with vigilance", continually editing articles saying failure is rare

I'M A DEALER MECHANIC: FAILURE IS CONTINUAL AND GUARANTEED ON ALL MAKES AND MODELS - it's one of the most sold "shady tree mechanic" parts also

The jeep pump was IS economical, light, and "inside the firewall"

if they'd use "their so called enigineering" it could operate even smoother and cooler with less failure and be even smaller: though not totally required since the original WORKS

Posted by: 45yh45hj ()
Date: July 06, 2023 01:43PM

the CHINESE FUEL PUMP uses an electrical motor: yes, a wire wound 12V motor with armature and all

it IS NOT an expensive sparless motor: it is NOT safe to operate when not immersed

infact: it's a crap motor, in plastic, with a metal shell. if you've ever removed one and played with it to use "as a grey water pump" WHICH I HAVE

(fact is also: once you remove tham set them on the shelf THEY NO LONGER WORK - THEY ARE EXTREMELY POOR QUALITY liquid pumps with 0 shelf life once removed.

all the seals "disappear") when dry. once allowed to be dry the whole system is dangerous and non-re=usable

Posted by: 4hg4j45 ()
Date: July 06, 2023 01:45PM

let me EXPONETIATE that: i had one and found it would be UNSAFE to use for pumping fuel out of a car tank (ie, for recovery)

I later found, a few years later, when i tried to used it FOR ANOTHER PURPOSE, that all the seals were gone. this happens rather quickly

I later found, a few years later: THE MOTOR WAS LOCKED UP, that once removed and given chance to sit or any exposure to water (which is sometimes in gas btw) that IT RUSTS. it's not a liquid pump. it completely rusts when exposed to water

Posted by: 5y56ji5 ()
Date: July 06, 2023 01:56PM

What we have here is a small group of CHINESE CEO

who somehow bribe our AUTOMAKERS in USA and DEMOCRATS

TO LOOK THE OTHER WAY WHEN THEY SELL TOTAL HORSE SHIT THAT LOWERS ECONOMY, SAFETY, AND GREENHOUSE

WHILE THREATENING SHADY TREE MECHANICS THEY ARE "THE PROBLEM" WITH REAL WEAPONED POLICE TO "COMPLY OR BE ARRESTED AND OR FINED JAILED - VERY PLAUSIBLY DYING IN THE PROCESS*"

THAT IS: THE RULES NEVER APPLY TO CORRUPT, WHILE THE SHADY TREE PEOPLE ARE ACCUSED OF CAUSING THE PROBLEMS

* not a few people have died either during arrest or imprisonment "by mistake" so said the judges

Posted by: e4hg4h54 ()
Date: July 06, 2023 02:25PM

judge-decisions-scaled.jpgdmv-waiting-line-outside.jpgEP-160528827.jpg&updated=201605272121&Ma

and with Clinton.gov "requiring more, but providing less OUTLETS", DMV lines and State Inspection lines are MUCH LONGER

I waited a damn hour for one, inspector said "if you threw a code in line, and reset it - i'm not even taking you", i say "i need the 15 day to fix it, so do it anyway", but the inspector refused - being near end of day

I went back with all codes clear: 7 cars waiting. FUCK THAT. that's the definition of insantiy wasting a whole productive moring on TOTAL HORSE SHIT that this "whole bag" has become (as opposed to it's original purpose). also the equipment is far out of date - takes a whole repair bay while THEY ARE MAKING HAND-HELDS for decades now.

THE STATE IS NOT OWNING UP TO THE SAME RESPONSIBILITIES THEY ARE REQUIRING - THEY JUST WANT THE FINES AND FUCK THE REST, THEY WANT TO FUCK MY WOMEN FOR ME AND BLAME ME FOR "NOT CHALLENGING THEM" separately, you can say

I went to another: CLOSED EARLY "cause he was doing cars left overnight" (that's illegal, but that particular place don't care they do wtf they please and THEY aren't fine but i am and they're quite willing to fine me. see?? applies to me, not them. every fucking time the rich abuse power.)

I owed $10 to DMV for BEING LATE?

DMV doesnt' incurr losses if I'm late WHY WOULD I OWE TO BUY YOU A MEAL IF I'M HAVIGN CAR PROBLEMS (which btw are provely CAUSED by dmv in my case)

you fuckers made sure it was impossible to be on time

WHY THE FUCK DO YOU THINK I OWE YOU MONEY IF MY CAR COMPUTER IS A bitch???

Posted by: 45g4h54 ()
Date: July 06, 2023 02:28PM

girl-shovelling-horse-manure-clearing-th

the new methane recovery system for Lightning

Posted by: g45h54 ()
Date: July 06, 2023 02:34PM

the same fuckers who "back government evap mandate" are the same fuckers who have mexicans using leaf blowers to insure the lawn they didn't mow doesn't have a hint of cut grass to be visible (a huge waste of gas, labor, and also un-patriotic)

Posted by: BREAKING NEWS 101 ()
Date: July 06, 2023 02:40PM

PHEW!

‘Missing’ Texas boy Rudy found in EVAP recovery program lobby left by parents "accidentally".

Posted by: 34t34h ()
Date: July 06, 2023 02:42PM

UBUNTU is the laptop from hell,

but there CERTAINLY is a chinese laptop from hell built-in to CLINTON era autos

Posted by: 34g45h54 ()
Date: July 06, 2023 02:46PM

that's not the only automotive scandal i've run into ...

there are many on FFU already posted such as ...

* the ilelgality of asian REVERSE LIGHTS and threats to those who would fail them for safety

* the illegality of asian RED REAR TURN SIGNALS "that appear to be break lights" (until CLINTON only allowed in 3rd world countries because they are so cheap - while being integrated to increase cost hugely - too cheap to be yellow)

* the illegality of asian LED rear view mirrors not failing inspection and threats to those who WOULD fail them for inspection with "job loss"

* the huge lie about LED headlights, and also the huge HALOGEN "plastic bulb" scemes

* many other auto schemes which were both illegal and PREVENTED FROM EVER GETTING TO COURT BY CORRUPT JUDGES

Posted by: 34g34h43 ()
Date: July 06, 2023 02:49PM

* MY CAR: financial terrorism attacked

. headgasket assembled IN MEXICO they used PLASTIC as a headgastek

. radiator fluid (new car) WAS USED NOT NEW, recycled by canada

. OLD RADIATOR FLUID (installed by GM) ate through my plastic head gastket, causing this shady tree mechanic ALLOT OF WOES AND WORK and cost - some of which were canadian costs sold only by canada as it turns out - WHAT A FUCKING COINCICENCE

. no recall, just threats from my local government if i was not fixed i'd be fined or possibly imprisoned

Posted by: 4hg4545 ()
Date: July 06, 2023 02:50PM

* catalytic converters failing from: you guessed it. lack of gold and platinum which are required for them to operate

(take a guess why that gold platinum might be missing from my CAT and i had to buy a new one even though the laws stated that wasn't legal)

Posted by: g34h43 ()
Date: July 06, 2023 02:51PM

wreckless wiring jobs - prolific in all maker's cars

Posted by: 34gh5r ()
Date: July 06, 2023 02:52PM

recalls who's only purpose isn't to correct real problems:

they do recalls only to install a $0.25 peice of crap so they can pry you to buy repairs you don't need while your doing the recall

THE REAL RECALLS: THEY ARE NEVER FORCED TO DO, UNDER CLINTON OBAMA BIDEN

Posted by: 4h5jn45 ()
Date: July 06, 2023 02:53PM

* continual assaults on shady tree mechanics

Posted by: 3g3h43 ()
Date: July 06, 2023 02:53PM

* outsourcing jobs, whole factories, being traitorous to the USA and US MILITARY

Posted by: 3g3rhb53h3g4 ()
Date: July 06, 2023 02:57PM

* having no base model WHICH IS AGAINST THE LAW

THE LAWS STATE(D) THAT FEATURES MUST BE INDIVIDUALLY CHOSEN BY CONSUMERS - THAT IT WAS ILLEGAL FOR AUTOMAKERS TO FORCE PURCHASE OF UN-NECESSARY FEATURES

* all cars now have "fancy overprices tail lights" and ONE PIECE CHINESE INTEGRATED DASH "which all kinds of electronics garbage"

all of that shit with grant subsidized reasearch spent in china fucking over usa taxpayer

all of that shit many would without for actual cost

but the real cost IS HIDDEN: they use usa grant money then produce in china ....

that "electronic integrated dash" - you'd drop dead if you knew the real cost

AND - YOU CAN'T GET A CAR WITHOUT ONE - WHICH IS ILLEGAL

THE CHINESE DO FORCED SALES

YOUR NOT ALLOWED TO BUY A CAR UNLESS YOU HAVE A HUGELY OVERPRICE OVERYLY FANCY DASH FROM CHINA

Posted by: hg4h45 ()
Date: July 06, 2023 02:58PM

BUT THAT WAS AND IS ILLEGAL

... AGAIN I'LL REMIND THAT THE WHOLE REASON DEALERSHIPS HAVE A PROGRAM ALLOWING CUSTOMERS A CHOICE OF FEATURES ...

IS PEOPLE LIKE RALF NADAR found tooth and nail in court to prevent auto makers from making crap features madatory

BUT UNDER CLINTON OBAMA BIDEN: they are back to making crap features mandatory AGAIN - illegally this time

Posted by: 34tg3h453 ()
Date: July 06, 2023 06:01PM

https://www.youtube.com/@brianb5779/videos

this poor soul went through hell and back "building two DiY testers for EVAP"

i would say GM owes him $10,000 in incurred cost (TIME) and $5,000 in fines

Posted by: 3t45h4 ()
Date: July 06, 2023 06:11PM

I DID FORGET TO SAY - WISELY I MIGHT AD - THAT SUCKING PRESSURE/VAPOR OUT OF THE TANK "was a thing" far before evap was ever EPA'd , twice over

1) vapor pressure was considered as a helper for a weak fuel pump - acknowleged as being why things worked better on cold start on a hot day then went to crap later esp. with a gas cap too tight (IT WASN'T CONSIDERED HARMFUL, BUT A HELPER)

2) VAPOR RECOVERY (just like EGR) was a thing before the evap system was even born

that is: a tube to suck slight pressure off the top of the tank, also pressure releasers, were a normal part of certain models which were not law: you were free to buy or dismiss makers who went the extra mile

however there was a question of why to ever do it: and the only real answer was "if you suck down tank vapor then it's empty when the car is parked, this means less chance of outgassing on very hot days" (not allot less, since nights may be cool hmmmm)

anyway - that worked - and it was optional not a nazzi gun at your head to buy into it

Posted by: 89235 ()
Date: July 06, 2023 06:21PM

THE TEST PORT IS 1 PSI MAXIMUM REGULATED, meaning ... you need $$$ a tool ...

the $10 - $30 hand tool needs A FEW PSI MINIMUM (due to guage and hand operation) to operate. this means they intentionally CUT OUT shady tree mechanics who bought affordable vacuum testers from using them!

Also: to find leaks you need POSITIVE PRESSURE (what HVAC professionals use: positive pressure and soap works every time).

BUT THEY put it together mickey mouse, the asians, so that if you apply more than a tiny pressure hoses might blow off - which is a danger because God knows where all the connectors are and whether they got blown off: we only know that their SHOP MANUALS aren't God's word infact they contain many errors and omissions: even the electrical manuals are in error.

so the INTAKE vacuum is ALLOT - like if your hand was stuck in it you'd be injured (the cause of intake gasket replacement between two large chunks of aluminum is very high vacuum indeed)

the fuel is 90 PSI

Posted by: 4th4j64 ()
Date: July 06, 2023 06:26PM

so - why ever in the auto world where "durability to withstand pressure is the rule", the EPA demanded a 1 PSI Maximum (or damage results) port

AND A WARNING TAG to warn all that this was so

IT IS AN ACCUSATION that the orifaces and build quality were designed by (chinese obstructionists) to exclude reasonable testing

Posted by: for stupid millenials ()
Date: July 06, 2023 06:37PM

Why do you need a smoke tester?

(i said above it's a $,$$$ scam)

#1 you have to pressurize but can only pressurize to 1 PSI

#2 you can't use smoke, that will damage your system

#3 you can only use "special oil vapor" or all your hoses will be damaged

#4 THE SPECIAL OIL will still fag your hoses here's why

a) the normal vapor line is mostly dry, meaning anythign dry will blow out. without oil residue anything dry will: stick to the inner walls

b) the line is designed for gasoline vapor and dryness intermittently: not continual wet oil and dirt contact on the inner walls: the two are not the same - the line may ROT, depending on chinese maker which you all know would never lie about composition of chemical rubbers

Posted by: 2398342 ()
Date: July 06, 2023 06:40PM

QBLACKSHIRT77151222.jpg

HOOK 10 PSI TO IT, if the hoses blow off do them right so they don't

if it damages a sensor - well you don't know my name so fuck you

Posted by: 34t345 ()
Date: July 06, 2023 06:42PM

if Mechanic B is looking down the other side of the tube when you apply 10 PSI and gets sprayed with gas, well, replace mechanic B his eyes are no good anymore ...

due to new gas formulas which are vile and probably cause cancer in shady tree mechanics

Posted by: rg54h54 ()
Date: July 06, 2023 06:53PM

Why not use negative (vacuum) to test it?

Why not just use a $20 hand pump (whole kit w/shipping)?

Because THEY LIED.

#1 you can't because the hoses collapse so you can't measure vacuum hardly - especially not 1 PSI

#2 IT LEAKS, THAT WHERE THEY LIE

the do all this crap and your assuming this 1 PSI system is air tight IT ISN'T - if you put it to a vaccum test (assuming your hoses weren't collapsing) IT DOESN'T HOLD A VACCUM EVEN WHEN NEW. it's cheap shit

the system doesn't do anything it pronises except withdraw from your account and be mandatory

Posted by: 3g43h4 ()
Date: July 06, 2023 06:54PM

s-l1600.jpg

a perfectly good CPS Made in USA tool, now only made in china, banned for use by the EPA "designs"

Posted by: 3g3h5 ()
Date: July 06, 2023 06:59PM

Soap-Bubbles.jpg

as little as 10 PSI is enough to show small leaks - more than enough to proof a gerrymandered EVAP system

BUT THEIR DESIGN DOESN'T ALLOW 10 PSI - why would they choose 1 psi maximum ?

"they" wouldn't. evil chinese and auto CEO bribing EPA would choose that.

Posted by: 3g3h534 ()
Date: July 06, 2023 07:00PM

the cost of the above test (if normal air is allowed, ok) is ALMOST FREE - really just your time

Posted by: 3G3H5 ()
Date: July 06, 2023 07:01PM

attachment.php?attachmentid=814931&d=158

nor is it exclusive to professionals. it's safe to touch actually.

Posted by: 4h4j6654 ()
Date: July 06, 2023 07:01PM

1 PSI did you say, dick weed?

Posted by: 45y4j45 ()
Date: July 06, 2023 07:06PM

HOWS MY DRIVING? CALL 1-800-EAT-SH?T

WARNING

don't say i didn't tell you, stupid millenials

oil smoke deactivates active carbon in expensive carbon canisters

so, if you plan on using one at home: don't use it to long and remove your carbon canister and don't allow moisture to get in it while removed. you'll cause your active carbon to be NOT ACTIVE and then ... $100 to $300 to replace it

Posted by: 34TG34HG3 ()
Date: July 06, 2023 07:07PM

Vapor Canister Filter - This Fits Your Lexus RX 350
https://parts.lexus.com Lexus__RX-350 Vapor-Ca...
Vapor Canister Filter. CHARCOAL CANISTER, NO. 1; CHARCOAL CANISTER, NO. 2. Lexus RX 350. Genuine Lexus Part - 777450E020 (77745-0E020)
$414.56

little asian devils!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFne8ermI87uZSJd8olOz

Posted by: let me clue stupid millenials in ()
Date: July 06, 2023 07:09PM

"it's called weaponizing consumer goods" at the congressional level

Posted by: NOT PUBLISHED NEWS ()
Date: July 06, 2023 07:22PM

You don't have to pass EVAP in most or all States and localities.

* they didn't verify mail tell people this NOR DID THEY disable it

nor did they create ODBII where you clear a code BUT NOT THE WHOLE EMISSION SYSTEM - which again is a matter of years not minutes when you count the factorial possibilities and time a shady tree mechanic HAS. this is just unforgivable that ODBII "demands non-erase codes stored for government and pushy dealerships to be the master of"

* many believe they must correct the code (and in some cases, they must) (and in a few cases they should since it the EPA system can cause more danger when not working: had EPA not fucked it all up they'd likely never have had to service any fuel tank item exept: the fuel meter. A PROBLEM WHICH WAS SOLVED by technology BUT NOT IN ANY CAR: only the more expensive broken crap version is in cars, still, in 2023 - not the cheap accurase safe discrete compoent very low voltage remote sensing lower cost one. wouldn't you fucking know it.)

Posted by: 34t3hg35 ()
Date: July 06, 2023 07:23PM

tumblr_inline_obp78tovf51sgzdx0_400.gif

I told her on the first date the BRIGHT YELLOW BLINKING "SERVICE ENGINE SOON" LIGHT MEANT NOTHING,

that it was just a puff of air, and that i was on top of things

Posted by: 4hnj45 ()
Date: July 06, 2023 07:24PM

Ah, soooo. I can't just leave the light even though i can pass inspection

who didn't fucking know that

Posted by: how stupid ()
Date: July 06, 2023 07:27PM

Chariot_Racing_-_Ancient_History_s_Most_

THE REAL REASON Rome use chariots all across europe? No evil mechanics invovled!

Posted by: continued ... ()
Date: July 06, 2023 07:36PM

THE CHINESE FUEL PUMP

* the WARRANTEE is service by Germany: the World whore of warrantees and FAKE INSURANCE policy that never pay out. THEY MOCK YOU on the phone then hang up. you have no actionable legal ability: THEY ARE IN ANOTHER COUNTRY

Posted by: for stupid millenials ()
Date: July 06, 2023 07:46PM

1 PSI leaking? if 1 psi leaks you dont' have a vacuum leak you have A LARGE HOLE, as far as vacuum leaks go

it means you have a big crack or a hose with no connector that's loose

(you shouldn't need smoke to find it: anything you can find at 1 PSI is a fucking big hole. you could blow on the pipe with your mouth to find a 1 psi leak)

Posted by: 3wg3h53 ()
Date: July 06, 2023 07:47PM

tumblr_inline_obp78tovf51sgzdx0_400.gif

AND JUST REMEMBER "WHAT SHE SAID", or in this case what she didn't say is more important!

Posted by: For stupid Millenials ()
Date: July 06, 2023 07:49PM

So, german and chinese hackers who "kinda control data centers" (and IP BAN FOR LIFE anyone telling provable truths)

What does their "official web sites" say about P044x? THAT'S IT'S RARE and so sorry you have to fix it, that it's just rare luck.

the truth: every older car gets the code thrown and multiple problems. toyota ford GM all of them

it's not a small percentage of un-lucky owners it's ALL OF THEM

Posted by: for STUPID MILLENIALS ()
Date: July 06, 2023 07:56PM

the extent of this pre-Clinton (pre PCM really) is this:

a) if you were spilling gas on the ground out your fuel pump, change gasket

b) if your fuel pump was weak or making noise: replace it (it was never hot enough to cause fire and was not 12v anyway)

c) if you smelled gas near the tank, you left your gas cap at the gas station !!

d) if you leaked gas at the rear you either just had tacos or YOUR TANK HAS A RUST HOLE near clean through - replace the tank (the tanks weren't that good previously on some models. today they HIDE THE TANK with plastic so you can't see any rusting)

Posted by: 35rhg4h4 ()
Date: July 06, 2023 07:57PM

and that's why people sometimes prefer classic cars: the 80's life was not horrible like biden says - infact it made ALLOT of sense

Posted by: 3g3h543 ()
Date: July 06, 2023 07:59PM

V2XMSLLAVBBXZLY5TEOEQVSRYI.jpg

America was NEVER GREAT.

That's why I drive a car from the period everythign was MADE IN USA and call it crap, a car which has GAINED RETAIL VALUE instead of lost it over many decades and still runs.

Posted by: g4j6tn4 ()
Date: July 06, 2023 10:13PM

another coule WTF ABSOLUTE FACTS

so you want to run on vapors ... as soon as they arise continuously despite the stream could well be left batch and, when used, not noticed since it's not significant

CARURETORS can create more efficent misting of fuel than so called electronic fuel injection does

(take one when your rebuilding sometime and try it, or try youtube. the fuel injector is a RUNT)

to account for that fucking mess, it's required to have "a high energy system" (requiring very expensive spark plugs and wires - like 10x the price) and a super exp[ensive aluminum plenum re-design (which also adds weight to system and makes it incompatible with carburetors at the same time)

so they tell you all that was for efficiency. but REALLY IT WAS FOR THEIR BUILD COST, not green or efficiency at all

----------------------------
and let's take a second look at the Al Gore green side of EVAP systems ...

who gets all the business ?

CHINA - they are the sole profiteers of every last part but it took insiders in GM to make that happen for them

Posted by: 45y45u ()
Date: July 06, 2023 10:16PM

who in the government "measured" the fuel vapor taken out of the atmosphere do to (mangingling the system with horse shit), and the fuel saved?

who verified this wasnt' a bunch of chinese crap ?

Posted by: 34tg3hg4 ()
Date: July 06, 2023 10:19PM

EO656JPGCEO6GDZME5Q7UOIOCU.jpg

you know this is the last generation, the "me generation" who's just completely pushed the delete button on my generation and threatened to call the police if "i insist their alcohol IS PROOFED"

Posted by: 3ghh5 ()
Date: July 06, 2023 10:25PM

EVAP systems are designed to operate and test at a very low pressure of about 12 inches of water – that is about one-half PSI.

THAT'S A LIE. THE CHINESE DESIGNED IT SO THEY COULD SELL MORE PARTS.

??? AND SINCE WHEN THE FUCK DID FORD AND GM ALLOW DC GOV WORKERS TO DESIGN AUTOMOBILES ???

automakers literally used to have more say in law the than congress did and would address their problems with commercials - if they downed a law or politician in a commercial people would want that politician arrested

DURING CLINTON: GM ran ads "please stop using .gov money to buy asian - please buy american". 100% gerrymander fairfax va did the opposite

infact i still believe (might be able to prove), that this bastard insured that people who took heavy asian car loans were the ones "to get county pay sufficient to repay the asian car dealers for those loans" (in history - such car scandals on a much smaller scale have certainly been uncovered)

Posted by: SEMI CORRECTION ()
Date: July 07, 2023 03:00PM

s-l1600.jpg

there are youtubes showing PARTIAL testing (quick bench test) of (purge not vent) using the above (they dont' test all modes just basic - and they disobey the warning label of 1 PSI MAX equivalently in vaccum -PSI)

funny enough - 0 videos or google information hits on what the purge solenoid TEST PORT is used for. (only one sideways reference to the tool costing $200 found so far)

-----------------------------
doesn't matter. as i said it's all a scam

i can find 0 instances of metal gas cans which "mushroomed due to hot weather"

nor can i find any data articles of "how much gas your 2.5 gal gas can will loose if your lid is loose or lid is tight"

(i can find BAKED data, only from the same EPA that designed the awful EVAP system, on "measurement of expansion with other factors involved" (baked)) - which are purely made to support that "without their own EVAP solution the world will end" (total horse shit)

these are absolutely essential and absolutely MISSING

Posted by: IMPORTANT UN-CORRECTION ()
Date: July 07, 2023 03:05PM

I SAID SOME VIDEOS USED $20 HAND TESTERS FOR ONE OF THE 3+ SOLENOIDS INVOLVED (also multimeter and other things) (i'd already done that so had kinda ignored the thought)

HOWEVER: MANY OF THE VIDEOS ARE DESIGNED BADLY OR BY ASIANS - meaning they tell you to try to pull a vacuum and if there's any leak to immediately BUY A NEW ONE FROM CHINA

well: that's a lie. not all of these solenoids are designed the same. and some are designed for BATCH OPERATION while others CONTINUAL OPERATION. there's also sinusoidal involved. (there's continual + and - pressure and the AVERAGE is slightly negative, pulling a metered amount of vapor continually from tank/canister)

SO - THESE VIDEOS DON'T CONSIDER OTHER MODELS AND PROBABLY ARE OPERATING OFF OF INCORRECT INFORMATION

the fact is the operation of these depends on a damn allot of things that would only be found in a well written dealership manual and might not even be in those either.

Posted by: 7l88/9 ()
Date: July 07, 2023 03:08PM

some of MANY examples:

1) the operation may close flow one direction only

2) it might close two directions individually (it has two attachment points and both +- flows - it certainly might do either to achieve it's averaging, if it is the averaging type)

3) averaging flows of 1 PSI does NOT require tight sealing

4) sinudoidal response might be more important (both directions) and accuracty (the right AMOUNT of open/close bi-directionally)

you see: not simple

EPA FUCKED UP

Posted by: 3g3h53 ()
Date: July 08, 2023 01:43PM

SO - THESE VIDEOS DON'T CONSIDER OTHER MODELS AND PROBABLY ARE OPERATING OFF OF INCORRECT INFORMATION

NOT A FEW TIMES has china been busted posting fake Youtube videos "using white people" that instruct people to test things improperly (to effect they believe they need a new one WHEN THEY DO NOT). the chinese are assholes and so are the bitch rich californians who are making those Yoube who "prolly have parents who own a container off a chinese ship - and he gets his Playstation 5 upgraded sooner if people order parts they don't need"

Posted by: 3gh34h5 ()
Date: July 08, 2023 04:26PM

We can begin a little real SCIENCE of whether EVAP is an EAP (DC MD VA) scam or not - with real biting data and evidence.

s-l1600.jpg

first, i claimed above that fuel vapor recovery preceeded EPA: evidence is above (1977 motocycle, copying same technology in cars which preceeded EPA)

Posted by: 3tg3hg3 ()
Date: July 08, 2023 04:37PM

(do you see the tube sticking out the top of that 197x Yamaha tank? vapor tube)

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/40/4018039.html

also in the article above the topic of "how impossible it is to hold gas in a closed container" (that is, liquid leaks)

it's a fact that car gas tanks are no different and are even worse than "gas cans" in this respect

Posted by: 3g34h5534 ()
Date: July 08, 2023 04:42PM

Now: the EPA system continually requires special tools to fix, special education, AND IT'S ALWAYS BREAKING (if you own an older car, yes)

this cost is "carbon footprint" and is billions IN LOSSES, which if properly deducted from EPA's estimated "green gains", makes their workbook an F, totally a lie - and probably written by the same chinese who are selling these parts made in china

the carbon footprint of this "buring vapor more efficiently than a yamaha dirtbike does" IS ABSOLUTELY IMMENSE - were talking tens or hundreds of gallons per car lost compared to vapor "burned more efficiently" which in all: is only a few literes of vapor - less than that of gallons lost. the "science" is a total scam!

Posted by: 3g3hg34 ()
Date: July 08, 2023 04:48PM

i already said above: the EPA(china) system adds weight to the vehicle and that's a big cost in gas (famous 100 MPG cars that use gas: the secret? LOW WEIGHT)

the EPA system requires CONTINUAL USE OF ELECTRICITY (solenoids always on) - and that has losses off the gen: it uses gas to meter the vapor!!!! DID THEY ADD THOSE LOSSES IN? no they didn't. how did they think that'd ever be more efficient that the motorcycle simply dumping vapor in the intake? it'd never be!

(you see, the EPA system demands the tank vapor be siphoned for a continual stream, and so it doesn't pull air - has to be continual monitored BY THE COMPUTER and sensor(s) which also use ELECTRICITY and generate head (losses))

and that's more carbon footprint: how much does it cost to "replace batteries and generators earlier due to heavier use"? very measurable dollars: non-free - and those aren't typically counted as "epa components" but EPA hits them

Posted by: 3tyg4h5 ()
Date: July 08, 2023 04:54PM

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/40/4018039.html

covered the BEST MOST GREEN COST EFFECTIVE WAY to deal with fuel vapor: and infact that's how some cars in the 70's 80's worked (which also was touched on above - the better gas cap. we also covered that EPA data was shunted off a bogus cap to make their numbers look better)

(slight continual pressure, but not full pressure (that turns gas back to liquied continually), is the most efficient way to store fuel unless your a stainless steel tanker truck perhaps). that is: a little loss on really hot days - and quite good efficiency on the rest of the year: and very low cost and 0 maintenance getting that great green return. in other worse: like an old gas can.

NOW we all know a problem here: human error. people don't put gas caps on tight for cars and they come loose (china can't seem to make one that doesnt' need replacing after 30 days of use - take a guess why. and EPA knew that they lied.) mines new it's always loose i wanna kill the chinese.

so you dick around with all that pure pressure stuff - and the lid is loose anyway

all a lie

Posted by: 34tg34hg3 ()
Date: July 08, 2023 05:00PM

the best use for carbon canister is "to prevent va" would be TO LIMIT VAPORS IN PARKING GARAGES AND HOMES

PROBLEM: EPA's system isn't tight (that'd require china to make expensive gas tanks without profit and EPA is friend of china). it leaks !!! it can't hold vapor it's designed to vent it.

if the carbon cansister is full (and it DOES get full) IT MUST LEAK THE REST

so all you have is "STATISTICALLY LESS VAPOR IF GAS CAPS AREN'T LOOSE". but that's bullshit if your the one breathing it or in danger: in other words - it's kinda better BUT NOT GOOD enough for safety. so it's only "registered use" can be: "preserving the greenhouse gasses"

NOW we all know a problem here: human error. people don't put gas caps on tight and they come loose (china can't seem to make one that doesnt' need replacing after 30 days of use - take a guess why. and EPA knew that they lied.)

NOW ANOTHER PROBLEM: they use cheap hoses in those carbon cansiter vapor cans, they sometimes split and leak gas and vapor. and mechanics, well they don't always "replace the hose every time removed" and there ARE NOT CONNECTORS (clamps) on most parts of the EPA system. AND THESE WOULDN'T BE PROBLEMS HAD THEY NOT FUCKED WITH IT. these are specifically problems you don't have unless you HAVE and epa system added

Posted by: 3g3h55 ()
Date: July 08, 2023 05:02PM

(for education: this is not about whether EPA wastes more fuel than it recovers and adds dangers more than removes)

why the EPA regulates flow is the Active Carbon only releases the vapor at ~ [0,1] PSI

if you try to pull it out faster, it fails, slower it fails (however without damage)

Posted by: 34t3hg3 ()
Date: July 08, 2023 05:03PM

allowing it the Carbon Canister to stay wet (parked car you dont' use frequently) DAMAGES IT

so this is also a system that destroys itself if you don't use it regualrly ?!

Posted by: yt56j65j5 ()
Date: July 08, 2023 05:12PM

Lemme underline a real science result above i meant to be clear about:

the EPA EVAP system claims to recover vapor loss COMPARED TO WHAT? (a bad gas cap)

the "old Eagle gas cans" partially pressured the gas can* which VERY MUCH REDUCES GASOLINE LOSS TO VAPOR including preventing them from accumulating where they shouldn't be (ie, allowing storage in a properly made SFD attatched garage)

so you have to be real careful that EPA recover has to be compared with:

1) recovery over that of a proper gas can with the lid on. metal gas can lids are far more reliable than chinese auto gastank lids - i'll tell you

2) more efficient use of fuel vapor than 1977 cars already had - which was already effient burning of vapor already

(but guaranteeing pressure was not excessive or higher than needed to do the job well enough - which is? about a good puff!)

SO YOU HAVE TO START WITH

A) GAINING NEARLY NOTHING

B) ADDING DANGER AND LOSSES

C) USING ELECTRICITY (hot 12V cpu computers + solenoids + sensors) AT ALL TIMES

D) wasting everybody's time and life

E) cost of continual replacementsof not only EPA parts but parts EPA parts effect (generator, belts, ...)

EPA WOULD HAVE TO CLAIM A MIRACLE ON PAPER TO DISPUTE THEY DIDN'T LIE

With clinton, obama, biden they don't have to.

If you complain they have an officer point a gun at you.

THAT'S HOW FACISM WORKS.

no science - just rich people who are thieves abusing the system

Posted by: 4hj45j6 ()
Date: July 08, 2023 05:23PM

(covered elsewhere by factual data on FFU in EV electronic vehicle articles)

these china part pushers, EPA and dealerships, are claiming the feature "is green". green outsourced? the devil you say.

HOWEVER, LOOK!!

VEHICLE WEIGHTS HAVE SKYROCKETED, while going lower in the 1980's they've become HEAVIER THAN SOME 1960'S MUSCLE CARS - meaning the light 4-door Ford is not light - it's fucking heavy as a muscle car these days.

THAT'S A HUGE HUGE HUGE HIT ON NOT BEING GREEN. HOW MUCH YOU WIEGH, HOW FAR YOU PUSH THE GAS PEDAL ARE next to EVERYTHING in fuel saving.

IS THERE A GOVERNOR? no. lead foots are quite legal and it's illegal aliens employed by Biden who are most heavy with the pedal i might add. 2x the amount of fuel used AT LEAST. un-governable? no: it IS governable. this also proves the EPA system is a lie after a lie after a chinese infiltration.

LOOK !!! THE DASH BOARD is a "one piece" (if it fails pay china a shitload of money - and when older it will fail) and contains LOADS OF CRAP THAT USES HOT CPU THAT ARE FUEL WASTING

you can't tell me you need all that crap on the dash and then burning a little fuel vapor is "making things green". once again: would take a miracle on paper (moreso large errors) to claim that both can be true.

Posted by: u56576k65 ()
Date: July 08, 2023 05:31PM

Summary:

a) prevented vapor loss: NO, wasted gallons and allot of money

b) burned vapors to get more out of the vapor. NO, see above.

c) made garages more safe less vapor NO* usually loose chinese caps WORSE

d) were true to heart the spirit of Green (worth a nod?) THE DEVIL YOU SAY **

* SOMETIMES YES, SOMETIMES CAUSES MORE OF IT: un-reliable completely which one. loose caps, crappy hoses without clamps, parked car soaked cannister, i could go on and on: and each failure point adds, well, a point of new possible failure. compare this to the lid on a garage gas can it's it's ABSOLUTE INSANE - since the simple well made gascan lid SAVES ALLOT OF GAS and prevents MOST vapor ALREADY. (and with EPA you still need vapor awareness - perhaps more, so no improvement over garage gascan at all!)

**. they are only true to increasing the number of chinese parts, length of CLinton education $$$, and so on. they were only true to being financial terrorists

INFACT - IT'S ALSO EASY TO PROVE THAT CORRUPT JUDGES FACILITATE THEIR ROBBING POWER TO DO THIS DEVILRY AND USE WEAPONED OFFICERS TO KEEP HOLD OF THAT POWER WITHOUT "any dispute", since, facism, few want a bullet in their head while objecting flatly

Posted by: h46j6 ()
Date: July 08, 2023 05:33PM

e) did it cut MFG cost like "fuel injectors", (fuel injectors reduce base price while being somewhat a nuisance to consumers and actually are LOWER fuel mileage is arguable) NO. increases are everywhere and gains: mostly in china

Posted by: 34hg34 ()
Date: July 08, 2023 05:51PM

SCIENCE FACT

Activated carbon is made by being placed in a tank without oxygen and subjecting it to extremely high temperatures, 600-900 degrees Celsius. Afterwards, the carbon is exposed to different chemicals, commonly argon and nitrogen, and again placed in a tank and superheated from 600-1200 degrees Celsius.

WHY:

installed canisters must be protected from water and raw fuel, as both cause active carbon to become INACTIVE.

(to recover fuel vapor from good carbon a slight psi [0,1] is required or it won't work: de-active the carbon and IT WON'T WORK AT ALL not worth a shit)

while CHINA GOOGLE MICROSOFT have removed all data hits on "activated carbon OR carbon canister and mineral oil"

if the activated carbon must

stay pure as shipped out heat treated ...

1) stay free of water

2) stay free of liquid fuel

you can bet your ass that MINERAL OIL VAPOR (the smoke test machines) DAMAGE THE EXACT $$$ COMPONENT that is the heart of EPA's system

and EPA? hasn't said a fucking word

Posted by: 3TG3H54 ()
Date: July 08, 2023 05:53PM

meanwhile, Zurich calls "mineral oil" a hazardous waste: in USA it's used in cutting board and as ingredients in certain foods

really? hazardous waste that could be A NAZZI FINE i hear

Posted by: just kill Millenials and CHINA ()
Date: July 08, 2023 05:57PM

Google: "THINGS that damage a carbon canister"

(btw, used to be easier to find this - someones been hacking to hide consumer information !!!)

KEEP IN MIND THE BELOW IS A TOP HIT !!

Signs Your Charcoal Canister Is Failing - RepairPal

"If your chinese plastic carbon canister breaks at the seam, most of the time your car is perfectly fine, you're just leaking gas liquid or vapors into the environment and losing MPG."

REALLY? ON WIKIPEDIA THEY THREATEN TO SEND THE POLICE IF IT'S NOT READY FOR INSPECTION.

fine or not fine, make up your nazzi mind

Posted by: 3t434hy34 ()
Date: July 08, 2023 06:07PM

NO MATTER HOW I SEARCH, GOOGLE PULLS UP ARTICLES UNLREALTED - THE SAME DAMN ONES

5 Symptoms of a Bad Charcoal Canister (and Replacement ...
CarTreatments.com
https://cartreatments.com bad-charcoal-canister-sym...
A faulty charcoal canister will fail to collect fuel vapors before they escape your powertrain, which will cause a strong fuel smell around your car.

Bad Charcoal Canister Symptoms To be Aware Of
CAR FROM JAPAN
https://carfromjapan.com Car Talk Maintenance Tips
As a defective charcoal canister lets out burnt fuel vapors, there will be a strong fuel odor inside the cabin or rear side of the car.

neither of these articles has a list of WHAT DAMAGES carbon cannisters - both have FALSE ASIAN INFORMATION on "signs you should buy a new made in china one"

(as i said - i've seen the real list by Alta Vista which preceeded Google: it must be immersed in gas vapor with slight +- pressure at all times, be kept dry, never be wet by either water or fuel, AND NEVER BE DIRTIED by oil vapor)

now, oil vapor getting into evap lines "is an old car model problem" you won't see these days: but it killed carbon cansisters

Posted by: 34tg3h534 ()
Date: July 08, 2023 06:09PM

Carbon cannisters cause damage to OTHER CHINESE PARTS

if they become "bad", they start spewing sizeable particles all throughout the hose system. there is NEVER a filter installed to prevent it on any model yet made.

(it means upon failure you may not be able to just replace a $400 cannister: it might be $700 in parts with the hoses and connectors and perhaps a sensor that got spammed from the carbon debris!)

SAVING THE WORLD FROM NOT BEING GREEN, DID YOU SAY, DICK WEED?

Posted by: 4h4535 ()
Date: July 08, 2023 06:12PM

despite all that carbon cannistoers "are a little resilient", a little exposure to MOIST AIR won't kill it, it just will loose some efficiency perhaps come back perhaps not

but they don't survive any hard bumps - they crack kinda easily

the containers SHOULD BE CERTIFIED FOR HOLDING GASOLINE - but aren't: they leak fuel

Posted by: 3tg3h34 ()
Date: July 08, 2023 06:12PM

NINJA FIGHT OVER WHO IS IP BANNED FOR SAYING EVAP IS ALL A LIE

Posted by: 3g3h553 ()
Date: July 08, 2023 06:14PM

d2c00356-42af-4522-9653-22855c4f2582.jpg

Um, we covered that above. It used to be "not terrible" to sneek a sniff of it, but with ADDITIVES TODAY you don't want to do that. Serious.

Posted by: 343443 ()
Date: July 08, 2023 06:16PM

get-the-gas-smoke-them-out.gif

next time, will do that part of the repair "slightly different"

Posted by: 3tg34hg4 ()
Date: July 08, 2023 06:19PM

check-engine-steady.gif

Posted by: hg45h54 ()
Date: July 08, 2023 06:21PM

c1267ad2-8844-4abd-8376-135fe525eaec_tex

roll reversal eh?

Posted by: 3tg43h54 ()
Date: July 08, 2023 06:26PM

Volkswagen-VW-ACC-and-Front-Assist-Are-N

HEY, VW, YOU HAVE 5 SUPER COMPUTERS connected by 5 communiction subnetworks.

why don't you tweek the engine sothat damn light off for me, eh?

Posted by: 34g54h54 ()
Date: July 08, 2023 06:28PM

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQhp6PS8-_58vvLjNj03H

oh shit they're all on! holding breath.

Posted by: 3gh543 ()
Date: July 08, 2023 06:31PM

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3MhrK5anAyWbantLdjSB

Posted by: bob from fairfax auto ()
Date: July 08, 2023 06:35PM

I have car with an EVAP code that has been intermittent over 20 years. It never shows up when I'm working on it only when inconvenient. I checked all sensors and lines and charcoal canister storage ability (it stores and emits vapor ok), and am beginning to think it is a computer glitch not an actual system problem. Luckily it is my car and not a customers! I'd never hear the end of it, maybe get fired!

Posted by: 3gh5r34 ()
Date: July 08, 2023 06:39PM

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

There's another factor here. clinton obama biden .gov seem to think "we'll force you to take it to a shop"

LET ME GUARANTEE YOU - 'THE SHOP' is not touching my car EVER ...

unless i'm watching it and a hydraulic lift is why i'm there

Posted by: htj5j65kj ()
Date: July 08, 2023 06:52PM

the carbon canister itself is a novel invention (and more useful in other applications than this)

it's the WAY IT'S USED that's a bitch

also it's completely incompatible with "the real situation", which is: gas tanks don't leak a ton of vapor if they are under some (slight) pressure. it's not a problem.

but to use a canister [0,1] PSI, you have to be near 0 PSI which means you have to LEAVE YOUR TANK WITHOUT A LID ON, for the sake of arguement - this increases the vapors that are trying to be eliminated

to "not double cross the situation and be reliable too", a mini labratory machine needs in the car: that'd cost $10,000 do do correctly, so that the tank had "pressure to reduce vapors emitted from liquid" while being compatible with the finicky [0,1] psi carbon canister also: and in all modes of vehicle operation

IT ISN'T DONE

WHAT THEY DID IS TOTALLY FUCKED UP

Posted by: 4h4j45 ()
Date: July 08, 2023 07:02PM

Question: is it true cars that run on vapors are much more efficent that ratty cheap chinese fuel injectors?

YES. but none are marketable. they can catch fire. they need special hardware and are expensive. methods of vaporizing fuel and storing it "that don't need to be on the vehicle" are also all in failure and over-cost.

Does carbon canister do that? NO. it's barely a whiff but uses power to meter the wiff. also it comes from increasing the vapor loss - and is lossy because direct tank-throttle body systems waste nothing and still get (similar) power without all the losses.

NO and fuel injectors are worse than asperated carbeurators as far as fine mist efficiency goes.

Posted by: ghth45 ()
Date: July 08, 2023 07:06PM

bring it to a shop, let some asswipe service write threaten i'm not allowed to watch the mechanic

the mechanic is a minimum wage paid illegal alien who's sliced brake lines in the past

LIKE HELL. AND I'VE WORKED THERE. I KNOW WHAT THOSE ASSHOLES DO.

Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.