HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
please recommend a good place to get a new 80-gal electric water heater installed in Fairfax...
Posted by: Lorna495 ()
Date: June 23, 2006 10:11PM

please recommend a good place to get a new 80-gal electric water heater installed in Fairfax...

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: please recommend a good place to get a new 80-gal electric water heater installed in Fairfax...
Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: June 23, 2006 11:06PM

inside a house would be a good place to get one installed in Fairfax. In rural areas they might install something like that in a truck or barn, but here we install them inside domiciles.

Re: please recommend a good place to get a new 80-gal electric water heater installed in Fairfax...
Posted by: theobvious ()
Date: June 24, 2006 04:34AM

sears, honestly.

i looked around for ages for new appliances and sears was the best bet.

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: June 24, 2006 09:13AM

RESton Peace Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> inside a house would be a good place to get one
> installed in Fairfax. In rural areas they might
> install something like that in a truck or barn,
> but here we install them inside domiciles.

Beat me to it.

Posted by: Bob Vila ()
Date: June 24, 2006 11:53AM

RESton Peace Wrote:
> inside a house would be a good place to get one
> installed in Fairfax. In rural areas they might
> install something like that in a truck or barn,
> but here we install them inside domiciles.

I would recommend the basement too. You don't want the water heater in a bedroom if it clicks on during sleepy time. Most kitchens don't really have the space available for them either. If you are lucky, you'll have some closet space in the basement for it, but that is something usually found in newer construction so the heater and furnace aren't seen. You don't want to put the water heater in the attic either because when an 80 gallon heater goes bad, you don't want that 80 gallons to run down into the house on top of all your pretty things.

So there's some advice you can use, and knowing is half the battle.

Posted by: herndon ()
Date: June 24, 2006 12:55PM

herndon day laborers worksite would be good, something those people haven't ever heard or seen before. hopefully some of them will drop dead at the feel of hot water

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: June 24, 2006 04:21PM

Bob Vila Wrote:
> So there's some advice you can use, and knowing is
> half the battle.

ive explained this to many a people so here it is, once more for you: knowing is not half the battle because you can go in running and screaming and shoot everyone. you dont need to know much at all to do that and it centainly does not make up half of the battle.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: Bob Vila ()
Date: June 24, 2006 04:29PM

Gravis Wrote:
> ive explained this to many a people so here it is,
> once more for you: knowing is not half the battle
> because you can go in running and screaming and
> shoot everyone. you dont need to know much at all
> to do that and it centainly does not make up half
> of the battle.

GI Joe would beg to differ with you, sir.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: June 24, 2006 05:02PM

Bob Vila Wrote:
> GI Joe would beg to differ with you, sir.

i would be happy to debate it will him... the whole fictional character thing keeps getting in the way.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: ffxn8v ()
Date: June 24, 2006 05:53PM

I got mine at Home Depot - made sure I put the pie-tin under it, to route the water out to the floor drain, if it ever leaked.

Cost about $100 to install and remove the old one - I had to help lift it though, as the water would not completly drain out of the old tank -Heavy!

Posted by: Seymore ()
Date: June 26, 2006 05:44PM

When installing a water heater in a garage it must be atleast 18" off the ground. i hung mine from the ceiling with chain.

Posted by: JohnGalt338 ()
Date: September 03, 2012 11:30AM

If HD only charges a $100 bucks to install and then remove the old one, that is a great deal. They are very easy to install but taking out the old heater is a huge challenge.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.