HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
FCPS students
Posted by: Concerned and Disgusted Parent ()
Date: April 16, 2020 08:12AM

I have two kids in FCPS, one in middle school and one in high school. They have told me about the misbehavior of other kids at school, but I told them just to work hard and ignore all of that. Honestly, I thought they were exaggerating. After seeing what so many kids did during the online teaching the last two days I don't anymore. It is unbelievable the things kids wrote and did. I used to think the disciplinary practices at school were too harsh based on stuff I read in the news. Not anymore. These kids need to be accountable and learn what is acceptable and not. The online technical stuff is a mess and there is no excuse for FCPS not being able to get it up and running. But after seeing what the other kids were doing, I'm glad mine don't have to deal with it the rest of this week. I hope they can do more than just fix the glitches in the system, thay have to get a handle on the behavior, too.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FCPS students
Posted by: School ()
Date: April 16, 2020 08:41AM

This is what school is like. About time people see it. I go to school and deal with it all the time. I ask for help but nothing really happens. I don't say anything anymore. Most of my classes are okay but but kids don't have to listen to the teachers and we all sit there and watch it.

Posted by: hypocracy rules the day ()
Date: April 16, 2020 09:09AM

You people voted for libtards that demanded no discipline, free range kids and "open learning systems" where the mud people could just do whatever they want - this is what you wanted, so fuck you if you don't like it.

Posted by: teacher ()
Date: April 16, 2020 09:30AM

I teach for FCPS. If i could afford it, I would send my kid to private school. The school board is controlled by democrats. Most teachers are libtards, and what you get is a culture of bureaucratic incompetence. Diversity hires, and white guilt rule the day. It's a nightmare. Someone has to be there to do what they can. That's why I'm still there.

Posted by: FCPS Downfall ()
Date: April 16, 2020 09:30AM

This is what happens when you have a special interest school board. They get overly involved to promote their pet projects and hire weak leaders who will act as their puppets. Those weak leaders hire and promote more people who will fall in line and not question the stupidity and you end up with a complete lack of leadership. People at the school level have been saying this for several years now and the public is finally getting a clear picture of what they have voted for over the last 5-10 years. Sad that a district that has all the resources and support you could ever want can't fulfill basic expectations.

Posted by: I agree with you ()
Date: April 16, 2020 09:46AM

The School Board is the problem. They come in because they are disgruntled about something and have an issue to "fix" and then they can run the schools by telling teachers how to teach and what to do. They couldn't handle being in the classroom, but they tell me how to teach, what to say, what not to say. It's frustrating.

Posted by: FCPS Downfall ()
Date: April 16, 2020 09:52AM

Don't worry though the school board has accomplished a lot. We start school later, kids are no longer punished for bringing drugs to school, kids can use whatever bathroom they want, and everything is equitable. In the process, we've simply lost the ability to educate anyone. I guess that's the price we pay.

Posted by: Thumbs up ()
Date: April 16, 2020 09:59AM

They have been too effective. Thanks Megan, Tina, Sandy, and so on. Good luck finding a superintendent who would want to work here. My last kid graduates this year. Glad to move on.

Posted by: Notoutyet ()
Date: April 16, 2020 10:16AM

^ higher education is just as bad or worse.

Posted by: The Answer Is ()
Date: April 16, 2020 01:20PM

Private school. Several months ago, my kids school shut down during a flu outbreak. 10 days. In that time, they initiated an online class program. There were some hiccups but it generally worked ok. With this shutdown, they immediately went back to the online arrangement with some adjustments from the lessons learned.

From Day One of the current shutdown, my kid has been online maintaining the regular schedule and class agenda. From 8:30 until 4:00 each day, my kid is in school sitting with her laptop at the dining room table. The teachers work from home, presenting via videoconferencing and screen sharing. Every two weeks, parents can pickup needed materials at school.

We’ve seen the reports on what’s going on at FCPS. My daughter knows public school sucks and many of the students are truly animals.

Posted by: Bill in Clifton ()
Date: April 16, 2020 01:35PM

It must suck to be so poor that your kid has to go to public school. There wasn't exactly a memo issued, but most of us realized years ago that private school would be the only way to have your kid get any kind of actual education in Fairfax County. Between the "diversity" that the county encouraged - evident with any weekend trip to Costco - and the libtarded school board and administration, it was very obvious there was no way anything positive was going to happen in FCPS.

Posted by: Mark j ()
Date: April 16, 2020 09:51PM

You libtards deserve what you voted for..

Posted by: Black Eye ()
Date: April 16, 2020 11:09PM

I’m embarrassed by our FCPS leadership and hope that people with a brain will vote out Abrar Omeish, who wants accountability but tweets out misinformation. Melanie Meren is clearly an AOC disciple of stupidity. The board is incompetent and elections cannot one fast enough. Now they are talking about extending the 3rd quarter even more. Accountability is dead and it starts at the top.

Posted by: Pay Up Homeowners ()
Date: April 16, 2020 11:46PM

FCPS Schools are distributing laptops to MIddle School and Elementary school students along with wireless routers that connect to internet and telling schools not to collect them or money for them if the students are on free and reduced lunch. Contact your school board member https://www.fcps.edu/school-board

It has also been told that Free and reduced lunch students will not be charged or fined for library books.

Families Needing Internet
Comcast is offering 2 months free to new Internet Essentials customers in response to recent and anticipated emergency measures associated with the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Please use this website for more information: https://www.internetessentials.com/

Connect2Compete supplies broadband internet access to low-income, unconnected families who live in Fairfax County, enabling children to have internet access at home for homework help, online educational materials, and job searches. Qualifying families—those who are eligible for free and reduced-price meals and who meet other qualifications—will be offered Internet service for $9.95 per month, a free modem rental, free installation, and a price guarantee for two years.

https://www.cox.com/residential/internet/connect2compete.html

Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: April 17, 2020 12:15AM

You had the opportunity to have a different school board and different education policies. Right after the 2016 election I posted on this board that was the time to recruit candidates and get them out there to start selling a message. NOBODY DID SQUAT!

Instead of being able to confront the status quo with a slate of candidates who had been out there getting their faces and names known for three years, and who were out pushing a well thought out agenda that was likely to sell with the large number of idependent and moderate Democratic voters we ended up with a challenger slate consisting of whack jobs and nonentities. The Bozo that was run in Braddock District tried to build a campaign on protecting school boundaries. Was this moron even aware that in a recent redistricting Woodson which was in his school district raped Annandale which was also in his school district, seriously fucking up Annandale's demographic mix? This idiot wrote off a quarter of the potential votes in his district right off the bat. Then you have Springfield. A conservative incumbent gets challenged by a conservative independent letting the Democratic challenger win in a three way race. Where is the fucking logic in that?

I am not questioning whether the people who lost in 2020 were decent people who wanted to improve the system, and who may have ended up being better than the people who won. That isn't enough. People need the right resumes. They need to have an agenda which will sell across a wide range of voters. They need to get out there and get their faces and names known. This didn't happen,

The people running FCPS did their job in the last election. The challengers and those who selected them didn't.

And don't think that just because your kid is in private school you are OK. Many of the private schools in this area, aside from a decreased minority content, are only marginally better than the typical public school.

Posted by: Fire Marshall ()
Date: April 17, 2020 12:49AM

Abrar Omesh is too dumb to even change the batteries on her smoke alarm.
You can hear it over and over again in the School Board Meeting today https://youtu.be/3Ssp_oYz-Co

Meanwhile McLean is still overcrowded and paying taxes for the school board to squander!

Black Eye Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I’m embarrassed by our FCPS leadership and hope
> that people with a brain will vote out Abrar
> Omeish, who wants accountability but tweets out
> misinformation. Melanie Meren is clearly an AOC
> disciple of stupidity. The board is incompetent
> and elections cannot one fast enough. Now they are
> talking about extending the 3rd quarter even more.
> Accountability is dead and it starts at the top.

Posted by: What about... ()
Date: April 17, 2020 10:11AM

What are they going to do with the students who so grossly misbehaved? FCPS should have set up a better system but what these kids did was awful. My neighbor is a teacher and she was in tears over what these kids did. I can only imagine what it was like for the other students. The school board needs to hold the kids to account too.

Posted by: Factoid ()
Date: April 17, 2020 10:21AM

Did you know FCPS personnel at Gatehouse post on the Underground to manipulate public opinion? Facts!

Posted by: Cathy P ()
Date: April 17, 2020 11:50AM

What about... Wrote:
> What are they going to do with the students who so
> grossly misbehaved? FCPS should have set up a
> better system but what these kids did was awful.
> My neighbor is a teacher and she was in tears over
> what these kids did. I can only imagine what it
> was like for the other students. The school board
> needs to hold the kids to account too.

Accountable for what? We should refer you back to the communication from last year that detailed how children of color were being disproportionately singled out and punished for things they did. It doesn't matter what you do now. My kids told me the new saying is "not white = not punished". They are also working to remove all SROs since that creates a police state and makes children of color feel unsafe.

Posted by: Jared Flynn ()
Date: April 17, 2020 01:32PM

I dont have kids but I still get to pay the ridiculous property taxes for this overbudgeted school district. If I did have kids, no way would I pay for private school on top of all that, id just move to a better area. FCPS should be a great public school with the funds they get. Also jus a lil annoying theyre able to dole out free laptops to ppl, jus a lil bit annoying...

Posted by: Beentheredonethat ()
Date: April 17, 2020 01:47PM

What about... Wrote:
> What are they going to do with the students who so
> grossly misbehaved?

Judging from their past performance Fairfax County Schools isn't going to do anything about it. This isn't FCPSs first experience with distance learning or even its first distance learning scandal. In the past they swept the scandals under the rug. There is no reason to believe they won't do the same this time.

Posted by: John J ()
Date: April 17, 2020 03:33PM

They need to drop the idea that every student needs to go to college. I know plenty of electricians and plumbers who easily make 100k a year. Some so much in demand they turn away business.

Posted by: 20yTeacher ()
Date: April 18, 2020 10:01AM

Having been a teacher in the system for over 20 years, this has been the biggest challenge of my career. The FCPS leadership has done a very good job with everything that they’ve been given to work with. As many of you have said, the issue is with the school board.

The school board that was elected reflects the demographics of the county. Makes sense right? The problem is that the lack of accountability that exist across the board is fueling “student-centered“ environment where the students can do no wrong. The student should always take focus in the learning, but the adults in the room need to be the focus of the discipline. And there is none. Why would you expect her on my behavior to be any different from there every day school and classroom behavior?

So we could sit here and bash the system as much as we would like, but we all still have to live here. That’s the biggest challenge with this area, many of us would not choose to live here if we didn’t have to because of some sort of connection to the government or business that probably brought us here to begin with.

What can be done to fix it?

First the school board has to accept that the schools have to have a certain level of accountability. Also, parents have to accept the fact that their kids are not angels. This is been proven over and over and over again this week. Now, parents have to be parents again and teachers only have to teach. They are realizing what teachers have realized for years. The degradation of the American family and all that it stands for has had a trickle down effect across-the-board and now we are all suffering for it.

We could do some basic things. How about making attendance, behavior and other social norms part of the grading process again. This was taken out years ago when it was thought that only the academic part should be reflected in the grades. AN “A” student should be a student that can do the work as well as behave properly in a public environment. Discipline should in no way be part of the grading system was the thought process at the time and it was removed. That has proved to be one of the fatal flaws and now kids do not have any connection with school work and how their behavior affects the world around them.

Imagine if you behaved the way that they did at your job? Would you still have a job? I doubt it. These are the important life skills that kids need to be taught now. They have a sense of entitlement that they can do no wrong. If they graduate from high school and graduate from college, the world will be there oyster. This is clearly not the case. All it really means is they are destined to live with mom and dad until they’re 30 years old because they have no real marketable skills.

I’m glad this thread has been a reasonable discussion. Hopefully it can last without too much digression.

Posted by: Tilly Tilly ()
Date: April 19, 2020 01:27AM

Glad to see the Chantilly social studies teacher chiming in about his thoughts on education. Same story over and over. Go write another book.

Posted by: Carl Marsh ()
Date: June 30, 2020 10:05AM

I agree that the school board is a problem of so many.

Posted by: Mick ()
Date: June 30, 2020 10:09AM

Carl Marsh Wrote:
> I agree that the school board is a problem of so
> many. I was once a student too, and I understand
> how complicated it is and how much it takes. Therefore,
> I turned to the site
> https://essayontime.com.au/write-my-essay-in-australia
> which provides services for writing various works for
> students. They wrote me a great material, and I received
> the highest marks, so I completely advise all students.

Well, I’ll tell you a secret, now the education system will change even more, and I'm not sure what’s for the better ...
Time will tell in any case, but here it is definitely impossible to get rid of it. This cannot be avoided.

Posted by: The Broken Record ()
Date: June 30, 2020 11:15AM

Carl Marsh Wrote:
> I agree that the school board is a problem of so
> many.

The School Board is certainly part of the problem. However the School Board is itself a reflection of the true problem in Fairfax Schools which is the parents. Too many parents expect our schools to be babysitters and/or social welfare organizations that hand out diplomas after 13 years. Then there are the parents who are expecting that the entire school system operate to solely address the particular needs of their particular children. It shouldn't be a surprise that the school system is in decline. Rather it should be a surprise that it is functioning as well as it is.

And don't think for a second that the blame for this lies with illegals. The parents of kids at Langley are just as much a part of the problem as the parents of kids at Baileys.

Public school systems the size of Fairfax County are institutions of mass instruction. When a system approaches the size of FCPS it can no longer say how can we best address the needs of each individual student. It must instead adopt the attitude how can we best educate as many of our students as possible. It should be an embarrassment that NoVaCC and certain Virginia universities have to offer Fairfax County high school graduates remedial level classes.

Bill.N.

Posted by: Latrice Thomas ()
Date: October 31, 2023 05:33AM

I completely understand the parents. Because I too am concerned about my child's academic performance. He often does not want to do his homework, which is very bad for his grades. So I was glad when I saw essaywriter instagram page that can help him. And writing assignments will become easier.

Posted by: Die Spammer!!!!! ()
Date: February 07, 2024 05:52PM

Latrice Thomas Wrote:
> I completely understand the parents. Because I too
> am concerned about my child's academic
> performance. He often does not want to do his
> homework, which is very bad for his grades. So I
> was glad when I saw
> [url=https://www.in

Keep your shitty malware-infested links off this site

Eat shit and die spammer

file.php?40,file=495505,filename=_steamyfile.php?40,file=494999,filename=_steamyfile.php?40,file=485077,filename=BBC10.g
file.php?40,file=494999,filename=_steamy

Eat shit and die spammer

file.php?40,file=495505,filename=_steamyfile.php?40,file=494999,filename=_steamyfile.php?40,file=485077,filename=BBC10.g

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Eat shit and die spammer

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.