HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
neighboring condo unit water leak - where to start?
Posted by: bob in DC ()
Date: July 22, 2023 02:27AM

One of the walls in my condo is shared with a neighbor's bathtub. The drywall in my unit near the floor has been showing signs of moisture for a while. The drywall/plaster is starting to crumble and fall off. I contacted the building manager and they said it's between me and the other unit owner and I need to talk to him. Should I contact my insurance company first? I know my neighbor does a lot of work on his unit himself. I want to avoid him trying to save money and doing a DIY job to fix the damage in my unit. I'm also worried about mold inside the wall. Should I be contacting my insurance company even though it's pretty obvious the leak is coming from his unit? Not sure where to start or who can guide me through this process. It seems like either an insurance adjuster or home inspector needs to figure out where the leak is coming from and what is damaged and who is at fault.

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.