HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
A retailers description of everyone's 1st full week of business (not including the anchor stores) over at the new Springfield Town Center.
Posted by: Retailer ()
Date: October 24, 2014 11:03PM

turtle.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A retailers description of everyone's 1st full week of business (not including the anchor stores) over at the new Springfield Town Center.
Posted by: Marcos ()
Date: October 25, 2014 08:35AM

I can tell you that Maggiano's has been incredibly busy from the moment it opened, with 2 hour wait times. Plenty of people spending serious money at STC!

Re: A retailers description of everyone's 1st full week of business (not including the anchor stores) over at the new Springfield Town Center.
Posted by: LOL.... ()
Date: October 25, 2014 08:51AM

Sounds like at least one self-proclaimed "retailer" did not have very much business acumen or much of a business plan going in. Well actually, it sounds more like some asswipe eighth-grader with too much time on his hands.

Posted by: Not Surprising ()
Date: October 25, 2014 09:40AM

Not surprising because everyone isn't loaded with money to throw away especially in that area, half the mall is empty just like before it closed, and the stores (except for maybe a couple) are found elsewhere (not complaing about that as I like not having to drive 30 minutes to get one thing). There were some great discounts at a couple places that people missed that were awesome for poor ass people like me! When I went it wasn't crowded at all but it was a weeknight, and again half the mall is empty space still. I mean it only has two food court offerings and both are Asian (not a prob for me but it alienates those who don't eat that ie picky little kids). The stores there now are largely youth/women and children stores. With more stores with different offerings and more food court options more people are likely to come even if their income isn't high to hang around/check things out and then possibly spend money without even intending so.

Posted by: 6DbLh ()
Date: October 25, 2014 09:49AM

A ghetto area surrounded by ghettos, barrios, and poor, dirty people is not conducive to retailer success?

Who would have thought that?

Posted by: Obviously your trailer park ass ()
Date: October 25, 2014 05:01PM

6DbLh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A ghetto area surrounded by ghettos, barrios, and
> poor, dirty people is not conducive to retailer
> success?
>
> Who would have thought that?

Obviously your trailer park ass in Ruckersville, VA loves to hate when FFX county's economy prospers more!

Posted by: free ride ()
Date: October 25, 2014 05:12PM

6DbLh Wrote:
> A ghetto area surrounded by ghettos, barrios, and
> poor, dirty people is not conducive to retailer
> success?
>
> Who would have thought that?

Theys gots no money.

Theys coming to the mall as cheap entertainment.

Posted by: food courtesan ()
Date: October 25, 2014 05:20PM

Obviously your trailer park ass Wrote:
> Obviously your trailer park ass in Ruckersville,
> VA loves to hate when FFX county's economy
> prospers more!

That's prosperity? Springfield Mall has about as much economic activity as downtown Petersburg, VA.

Posted by: Face it... ()
Date: October 25, 2014 05:54PM

If the STC were a country, it would have a GDP larger than that of Bibleland or even Dumbfuckistan.

Posted by: what?? ()
Date: October 25, 2014 08:40PM

free ride Wrote:
> 6DbLh Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > A ghetto area surrounded by ghettos, barrios,
> and
> > poor, dirty people is not conducive to retailer
> > success?
> >
> > Who would have thought that?
>
>
> Theys gots no money.
>
> Theys coming to the mall as cheap entertainment.

I went to the mall and after barely finding parking at the front saw well dressed guys and women with hermes and louis vuitton purses and loubiton shoes. Saw your random mix of kids, adults, tweens, etc when I was in the mall. Kingstowne is actually the SAME distance as the area where Kmart is where all of you like to talk crap about. SOOOO Is kingstowne a barrio as well?

Posted by: Food courtesan and face it...... ()
Date: October 25, 2014 08:42PM

Face it... Wrote:
> If the STC were a country, it would have a GDP
> larger than that of Bibleland or even
> Dumbfuckistan.

Sad when trailer park trash who lives out in the boondocks likes to hate on a prosperous county. Concentrate on your trailer park trash people and honey boo boos before coming to this forum to hate.

Posted by: strip mall exclusive ()
Date: October 25, 2014 08:55PM

what?? Wrote:
> free ride Wrote:
> -----
> > 6DbLh Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > A ghetto area surrounded by ghettos, barrios,
> > and
> > > poor, dirty people is not conducive to
> retailer
> > > success?
> > >
> > > Who would have thought that?
> >
> >
> > Theys gots no money.
> >
> > Theys coming to the mall as cheap
> entertainment.
>
>
> I went to the mall and after barely finding
> parking at the front saw well dressed guys and
> women with hermes and louis vuitton purses and
> loubiton shoes. Saw your random mix of kids,
> adults, tweens, etc when I was in the mall.
> Kingstowne is actually the SAME distance as the
> area where Kmart is where all of you like to talk
> crap about. SOOOO Is kingstowne a barrio as well?

Yeah, it pretty much is.

And you didn't see anything of the sort, you're jut making up some shit to try to make a point.

Posted by: need more food ()
Date: October 25, 2014 09:18PM

Couldn't find a parking space! The place was packed and lines at the eating establishments. They need to get more food in there quick! The food court is way better in terms of space than it was before. It should work if they get more food vendors in there.

Posted by: OP. ()
Date: October 25, 2014 09:46PM

Food courtesan and face it...... Wrote:
> Face it... Wrote:
> -----
> > If the STC were a country, it would have a GDP
> > larger than that of Bibleland or even
> > Dumbfuckistan.
>
>
> Sad when trailer park trash who lives out in the
> boondocks likes to hate on a prosperous county.
> Concentrate on your trailer park trash people and
> honey boo boos before coming to this forum to
> hate.

Ok. Sorry.

Posted by: have you ever been to a real ()
Date: October 25, 2014 11:42PM

strip mall exclusive Wrote:
> what?? Wrote:
> -----
> > free ride Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > 6DbLh Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > A ghetto area surrounded by ghettos,
> barrios,
> > > and
> > > > poor, dirty people is not conducive to
> > retailer
> > > > success?
> > > >
> > > > Who would have thought that?
> > >
> > >
> > > Theys gots no money.
> > >
> > > Theys coming to the mall as cheap
> > entertainment.
> >
> >
> > I went to the mall and after barely finding
> > parking at the front saw well dressed guys and
> > women with hermes and louis vuitton purses and
> > loubiton shoes. Saw your random mix of kids,
> > adults, tweens, etc when I was in the mall.
> > Kingstowne is actually the SAME distance as the
> > area where Kmart is where all of you like to
> talk
> > crap about. SOOOO Is kingstowne a barrio as
> well?
>
>
> Yeah, it pretty much is.
>
> And you didn't see anything of the sort, you're
> jut making up some shit to try to make a point.

Have you ever been man enough to see an actual barrio? There are plenty in new york city but with the exception of one in maryland and the one that used to be in Columbia road which has changed overall I haven't seen any.

Posted by: Alexander Smith ()
Date: October 26, 2014 10:22AM

STD, err I mean STC, is a miserable failure. It was a disaster before it was demolished, and now will become even worse.

Why is it that a few people on this board are desperately hoping/thinking that it can survive? On what, funds from illegals' or a few straggling white folk that happen to be going through the area? Don't fool your self.

It's called online shopping. Either that or we have Tysons I and II which has anything shitty town center has and more. Plus it's pleasant to shop their for the most part.

Posted by: The Human League ()
Date: October 26, 2014 12:43PM

Some of these negative comments are very weird. I was there yesterday, and it was packed. Yes, it is very diverse, but it is not ghetto, trashy people that I saw. It was mostly families and well off people that were wearing designer clothing. The mall itself is very nice. I think it is great that they renovated it. Compare that to what happened with Landover Mall, in PG county. Both malls opened at about the same time, both had similar stores. I'm glad that Springfield Mall didn't end up as an empty lot wasteland like Landover. This is much better in my opinion. And honestly I think it is better that they left it as an indoor mall. I think once they open all of the stores this place will be great. Give it time, this is progress. Compared to Dulles Town Center (which is closer to me) I would say this is a lot nicer; its very open. It has high ceilings and marble flooring. It has a very relaxed vibe to it. It is comfortable, like an old pair of jeans.

Posted by: Just like Mosaic District ()
Date: October 26, 2014 01:04PM

Springfield is synonymous with affluence and the upper middle class. The parking lots are typically filled with BMWs, Lexus, and other brands that ambitious successful people purchase.

The premium retailers found in Springfield target the same demographics found in Tysons and Reston.

People couldn't understand the Mosaic District, now they can't understand Springfield. Wait and watch, the success will shock you.

Posted by: thurston howell ()
Date: October 26, 2014 03:33PM

Just like Mosaic District Wrote:
> Springfield is synonymous with affluence and the
> upper middle class.

AYFK?

Posted by: mark j ()
Date: October 26, 2014 07:23PM

def not alot of whites there..

just trash hanging out..

yes, kingstowne is a barrio

Posted by: Alexander Smith ()
Date: October 27, 2014 05:21PM

thurston howell Wrote:
> Just like Mosaic District Wrote:
> -----
> > Springfield is synonymous with affluence and
> the
> > upper middle class.
>
> AYFK?

Right?

Springfield is synonymous with terms like thug and criminal.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the police open a sub-station inside the mall haha!!

Honestly you couldn't pay me to shop anywhere near there. I'll stick to doing business at both Tysons malls.

Posted by: Harmel ()
Date: October 27, 2014 08:28PM

I had a girlfriend in kingstown. I hated visiting that shithole. Park in you assigned space, the neighbors are 5 feet away. Illegals everywhere. People walking after their dogs picking up shit before they fight traffic to get to the job they hate.

Posted by: Tirdpumper ()
Date: October 27, 2014 09:00PM

I found their men's rooms to be discreet and with great foresight in sound proofing.

Posted by: I don't get it ()
Date: October 27, 2014 09:20PM

Alexander Smith Wrote:
> Springfield is synonymous with terms like
> thug and criminal.
>
> Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the police open a
> sub-station inside the mall haha!!

I never understand where people on this board get this impression. I've been in Springfield for two years now. I own a house, have a white collar job, make decent money, live near the STC...And I'm white.

I have never felt unsafe in this area. I walk around a night and early in the morning, alone. I've stumbled home drunk from local bars. Never had a single moment where I felt unsafe.

Ya'll either don't know what your talking about or your just a bunch of pussies. Cause Springfield is far from "thug".

Posted by: Barry O. ()
Date: October 28, 2014 01:17AM

what?? Wrote:
> Is kingstowne a barrio as well?

Yes, basically.

Posted by: you stupid boy? ()
Date: October 28, 2014 02:07AM

Alexander Smith Wrote:
> thurston howell Wrote:
> -----
> > Just like Mosaic District Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Springfield is synonymous with affluence and
> > the
> > > upper middle class.
> >
> > AYFK?
>
>
> Right?
>
> Springfield is synonymous with terms like
> thug and criminal.
>
> Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the police open a
> sub-station inside the mall haha!!
>
>
> Honestly you couldn't pay me to shop anywhere near
> there. I'll stick to doing business at both Tysons
> malls.

Opening up a substation inside a mall is smart! Fair oaks and montgomery mall have them. Anyway why is your pussy bitch ass so afraid of somewhere little girls like my best friend have walked around at night and never complained? I would laugh to see how your bitch ass fails to man up and leaves running scared like a little bitch if you get stuck any place with more than 5 "thug" minorities.

Posted by: rednecks on here ()
Date: October 28, 2014 02:10AM

I don't get it Wrote:
> Alexander Smith Wrote:
> > Springfield is synonymous with terms like
> > thug and criminal.
> >
> > Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the police open
> a
> > sub-station inside the mall haha!!
>
>
> I never understand where people on this board get
> this impression. I've been in Springfield for two
> years now. I own a house, have a white collar
> job, make decent money, live near the STC...And
> I'm white.
>
> I have never felt unsafe in this area. I walk
> around a night and early in the morning, alone.
> I've stumbled home drunk from local bars. Never
> had a single moment where I felt unsafe.
>
> Ya'll either don't know what your talking about or
> your just a bunch of pussies. Cause Springfield
> is far from "thug".

Pay no attention to them. Most of these are rednecks from Centreville or Far as fuck out in VA. No real FFX county resident who loves his/her county would put down an area that has potential for economic growth that would benefit their county in the long run.

Posted by: crazyjem ()
Date: October 28, 2014 02:16AM

Harmel Wrote:
> I had a girlfriend in kingstown. I hated visiting
> that shithole. Park in you assigned space, the
> neighbors are 5 feet away. Illegals everywhere.
> People walking after their dogs picking up shit
> before they fight traffic to get to the job they
> hate.

That's untrue. I live in Kingstowne and there aren't any illegals here. This area is expensive with high HOA fees. And to further counter your lie this demographic says only 12% of hispanics live in Kingstowne http://www.homefacts.com/demographics/Virginia/Fairfax-County/Kingstowne.html

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.