HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
steve descano vs. jason miyares
Posted by: Next Attorney General ()
Date: December 18, 2021 12:33PM

grab your popcorn folks. we're about one month away from the showdown - Descano vs. Miyares

==========================================================================
OPINION
Jason Miyares: If your local Virginia prosecutor won't enforce the law, I will
by Jason Miyares | December 13, 2021 12:00 AM

My time as a prosecutor taught me that the one thing victims of violent crimes are desperate for is not to be forgotten.

Unfortunately, Fairfax Commonwealth’s Attorney Steve Descano and so many of today’s “social justice” prosecutors have forgotten our victims.

In Fairfax County, a defendant was charged with repeatedly raping and molesting a 5-year-old child and was eligible for a life sentence. Instead of demanding this life sentence, Descano arbitrarily reduced the charges and reached a plea deal, against the wishes of the victim’s family.

Descano felt that a life sentence was too harsh for a child rapist. The convicted felon in question is eligible for geriatric parole in 10 years.

Unlike Descano, I believe that those who commit heinous crimes against children deserve to be prosecuted to the fullest extent allowed under the law. Descano’s actions were so far beyond the pale that the judge told the victim’s family their “government has failed them.”

While far-left prosecutors may celebrate these actions as “progress,” I do not.

Telling law enforcement not to investigate certain crimes is not progress. Reducing a child rapist’s sentence against the victim’s wishes is not progress. Allowing children to be sexually victimized and then hiding it from the authorities is also not progress. Allowing violent felons out of prison early so that they can reoffend is not progress.

One of the government’s problems is the assumption that good intentions guarantee good results. The same liberal policies that led to the doubling of the murder rate in Fairfax since Descano took office are not “progress,” no matter how he justifies his naive approach to prosecuting violent criminals.

Virginia is in the middle of a public safety crisis. That’s why Virginians elected pro-law enforcement statewide officials, to end the criminal-first, victim-last policies that have led to Virginia’s highest murder rate in decades.

As Virginia's new attorney general, I want to restore accountability to the process and faith that prosecutors will do the jobs they were elected to do.

When an elected commonwealth’s attorney publicly states that he will not prosecute a crime, citizens should have a backup plan to ensure that victims get their day in court. I will work with law enforcement officials to prosecute criminals when commonwealth’s attorneys make pre-determined decisions not to prosecute particular types of violent crimes.

As attorney general, I will work on legislation inviting the attorney general to prosecute child rape and violent crime cases whenever a local prosecutor like Descano refuses to prosecute.

That’s not taking power away from elected officials but making sure that justice is served to the worst of the worst in our commonwealth, even when an elected local prosecutor decides not to do his job.

Virginia’s truth-in-sentencing, tough-on-violent-crime policies made our citizens safer. Now, without them, we’ve seen the dramatic impact that the far Left liberal pro-criminal mentality has had. Our crime rate skyrocketed, our murder rate is the highest it’s been in two decades, courthouses are backlogged, and law enforcement is understaffed. There appears to be a sentiment that “anything goes,” that there are no consequences to breaking the law.

The criminal justice “reforms” that have gutted Virginia's public safety were not arrived at through “a painstaking and delicate process.” They were jammed down our throats over Zoom with limited public participation, using the pandemic as a distraction. We are now experiencing the consequences — just look at the Loudoun County's schools, which apparently consider themselves above reporting sexual assaults to law enforcement.

As the attorney general-elect, I am proud to be supported by law enforcement officers across the commonwealth. They put their lives on the line every day to keep us safe, and attacking those brave men and women, calling them extremists, shows just how out of touch and radical some far-left prosecutors are.

On Jan. 15, I will work tirelessly to protect and defend every single Virginian and uphold the Constitution. My mission is to work with law enforcement to ensure they can do their jobs at the highest standard and bring a focus, a priority, back to the victims who have been ignored, brushed over, and forgotten by far-left prosecutors.

Jason Miyares, a Republican, is the attorney general-elect of Virginia.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/op-eds/jason-miyares-if-your-local-virginia-prosecutor-wont-enforce-the-law-i-will

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: steve descano vs. jason miyares
Posted by: Criminal Element ()
Date: December 18, 2021 01:07PM

Guess I will have to go back to stealing and carjacking in DC and PG county if Virginia stops being a sanctuary state for crime. It was great when they ignored crime. Heaven forbid we actually have to get jobs and work for a living. Stealing is so much easier.

Posted by: Shut Down The Leftist Democrats ()
Date: December 18, 2021 02:07PM

Who care more about criminal's then the law abiding people

Posted by: Vile Thug ()
Date: December 18, 2021 02:08PM

Hope the only place Popeyes sells fried chicken samwichs stays in PG

Posted by: ya damn skippy ()
Date: December 18, 2021 02:31PM

When Biden signs the executive order allowing children to be molested, will that apply to Virginia also? Asking for a democrat friend.

Posted by: Ugly Family ()
Date: December 18, 2021 03:57PM

Inside and out, horrible people.

RESTON, Va. (AP) - Police in Virginia say they’ve arrested a man for sexually assaulting an 80-year-old hospice patient.
Fairfax County Police said Sunday that they had charged Nizhamuding Jureti, 57, with one count of forcible sodomy after he assaulted a male patient in his care.
Police said the 80-year-old victim told family members he awoke to find Jureti performing a sex act on him in his home. Jureti was charged on Friday and is being held without bond at the Fairfax County Adult Detention Center.

Steve probably gave this guy probation.

https://youtu.be/H6244sbhkGY
Attachments:
98A9CBF6-3126-4EF6-856E-3A19F7DAAD2A.jpeg
B832D438-B1C0-469D-ADA1-0BC4C2924A35.jpeg
F50C1B37-05B7-42F3-B8ED-72593E3248ED.jpeg

Posted by: UCYSBN ()
Date: December 18, 2021 04:12PM

Lmao Steve’s wife is HIDEOUS

Posted by: well shit ()
Date: December 18, 2021 10:20PM

UCYSBN Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lmao Steve’s wife is HIDEOUS

She's got down syndrome.

Posted by: Kessler ()
Date: December 19, 2021 10:34PM

well shit Wrote:
> UCYSBN Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Lmao Steve’s wife is HIDEOUS
>
> She's got down syndrome.

So what. She has a grteat personality and she is nice

Posted by: More Popcorn Please ()
Date: December 30, 2021 12:57PM

Law Enforcement Twitter Battles...

In today’s @virginianpilot I gave far left CAs @SteveDescano & @fatehinorfolk a lesson on how to put victims and law abiding citizens before criminals. Spoiler: One way is not reducing charges for child rapists.
https://twitter.com/JasonMiyaresVA/status/1475121377602678784

.@JasonMiyaresVA gave a master class on how to show your ass. He again proves he doesn’t understand the drivers of crime or the effects of the discredited policies he wants to implement. And as always, he’s willing to use victims as political props in the most disgusting way.
https://twitter.com/SteveDescano/status/1475136405852626954

Posted by: LLLlL ()
Date: December 30, 2021 08:11PM

Kessler Wrote:
> well shit Wrote:
> -----
> > UCYSBN Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Lmao Steve’s wife is HIDEOUS
> >
> > She's got down syndrome.
>
> So what. She has a grteat personality and she is
> nice

Don’t care. She’s a retard and she’s married to a Soros bought radical far-leftist who is going to destroy this county by letting criminals off en-mass.

Posted by: Definitely ()
Date: December 30, 2021 08:34PM

Retarded
Attachments:
3C537C0F-8D91-4361-8D96-A9FBF55E7FBB.png

Posted by: Pretty Sick. ()
Date: December 30, 2021 08:39PM

Looking to elevate himself to higher office and power by allowing criminals to get off easy while victims sob . Ya hes a Democrat like McAuliffe who pardoned felons in mass not matter how vicious the crime for votes great that he lost

Posted by: Continued ()
Date: June 21, 2023 07:41AM

Looks like this drama will continue for a couple more years…

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.