HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Day Trading
Posted by: Buddy? ()
Date: November 29, 2013 06:49PM

I don't want to pay monthly / yearly feas for a stock broker, and I hate the idea of paying comission. Does anyone know where I can go, either virtually or physically, to engage in day trading regarding the stock market? Eventually, I do mean to invest long term, and compared to day trading, even short term investments, but at the moment I think it may be worth the experience to try day trading. Do any of you men and women have any suggestions?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Day Trading
Posted by: Curmudgeon ()
Date: November 29, 2013 07:06PM

asking for trading info on this website is probably a bad idea.

that said, it's hard to find commission-free trading unless you have a significant amount of $$ in an account that's earning low interest, which is really just a different way of paying for trades.

zecco.com has low-cost trades. i was never a big fan of them though. scottrade may be a safer bet. but they're not free.

you could ask around -- some banks will let you trade for free if you have mortgages with them.

Posted by: 6 figure man ()
Date: November 29, 2013 07:17PM

Gold.

Posted by: Buddy ()
Date: November 29, 2013 10:20PM

Very True, Curmudgeon, but online forums often reflect real life. There are those that comment simply to comment, and there are those, like you, that actually give valid responses. I come here all the time and have been coming here (har, har) for years. I live in this area, and consider this forum, however banal and malicious the majority or the responses are, to be a forum like any other, virtual or physical.

That being said, I would be ok with paying small fees, say, $5 a month give or take, but I will not at this moment pay commission that is somehwere around 15% of my investment. I'm looking to trade, on the spot, multiple low-cost stock shares, that would allow me to supplement my income by small increments, should the stock price rise. Maybe I could make $5 in a day. And as I said before, I think this would be safer than larger investments, considering I lack the knowledge and the money, at the moment, for that kind of trading.

Posted by: yourmom ()
Date: November 29, 2013 10:32PM

Why day trade? You'll likely only end up a loser. Diversify into some low cost index funds and check back in 20 years...I guarantee you'll make more money w/ less stress compared to day trading.

Posted by: Reality knocking ()
Date: November 29, 2013 10:39PM

If you're worrying about the less than $10/trade that you're going to pay at most discount brokers these days, then you probably shouldn't even be thinking about it.

Posted by: Ric Edelman ()
Date: November 29, 2013 10:53PM

Get a fixed-fee financial advisor who does this for a living.

Posted by: JustanFYI ()
Date: November 29, 2013 11:28PM

eTrade and Fidelity should do the job just fine.

Posted by: Mo Free Barry ()
Date: November 29, 2013 11:31PM

The new taxes obama laid on capital gains to pay for his communist health care plan will eat you alive should you make any profits.

Posted by: Curmudgeon ()
Date: November 30, 2013 08:11AM

would like to recommend this book to the OP.

http://www.amazon.com/Little-Book-Common-Sense-Investing/dp/0470102101/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1385816912&sr=8-1&keywords=john+bogle

as i said, listening to $$ advice from people on this site is a gamble, and you have no way of knowing who i am or what i (might or might not) know. but i would suggest reading this book. consider it an investment on your investment.

Posted by: eLester ()
Date: November 30, 2013 09:26AM

If you think you can get around paying brokerage fees or commissions, you don't have any experience and should rethink what you intend to do.

There are trading firms out there that will provide office space and equipment if you want to trade full-time. I would suggest the day trading meetups as a better place to get referred to a local outfit.

If you have enough funds, you can open an account with any full-service brokerage that lets you make trades for fixed monthly fee. You have to meet the requirements on the number of trades executed per month.

Posted by: Natalia34 ()
Date: May 26, 2022 10:58AM

You're right, those who bought cryptocurrencies before made a decent profit. But even now there is an opportunity to start, according to experts, the price of cryptocurrency will continue to grow. I use https://j2tx.com/ platform to exchange usd btc. The platform has no unfeasible exchange requirements or difficulties with it. And it offers the most favorable rate for customers.

Posted by: 6JKJK57 ()
Date: May 28, 2022 02:01PM

FUCK OFF SPAMMER

ALL THAT ADVICE IS DEMOCRAT SUICIDE ADVICE

Posted by: Somed ()
Date: October 07, 2022 02:52AM

I am fairly well versed in cryptocurrencies, so I want to give some useful tips. First of all, you need to visit the site https://youhodler.review/ this platform is designed to provide a comprehensive service to its users.

Posted by: DIE SPAMMER!!!!! ()
Date: October 10, 2022 07:27PM

Eat shit and die spammer.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.