HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Forced Resignation
Posted by: Nevergonnaquit ()
Date: September 18, 2014 12:34PM

I was harassed into resigning or retiring by FCPS after a 16 year exemplary career. Granted a one year's LOA after 7 months of waiting to hear, because they were busy, and then having it rescinded the day based on absurd circumstances. I was threatened with dismissal, I have been yelled at by Administrators, and given incorrect information for years from the HR department. Needless to say, I am now a disgruntled former employee who is looking to sue the school system. That is an extremely difficult thing to do in the Commonwealth of Virginia, but I will keep up my quest to find someone willing to take the case on a contingency basis. If anyone knew and understood the vindictive and hateful attitude of the people who work in FCPS, they would be appalled. Most HR departments strive to assist employees in anyway they can. In FCPS, instead, they deceive and trick employees with nasty tactics. Ask anyone who has ever had to deal with them and their incompetence. Very sad!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Forced Resignation
Posted by: TROLL POLICE! ()
Date: September 18, 2014 12:38PM

Troll thread

Posted by: nevergonnaquit ()
Date: September 18, 2014 12:41PM

Are you saying that this is untrue? Ha! Try working for them and you will find out for yourself. There is zero loyalty or caring for any employee. We are all employee numbers to them.

Posted by: nevergonnaquit ()
Date: September 18, 2014 12:45PM

Just wanted people to know about my personal experience with them. I am not interested in getting responses "Mr. Troll Police". FCPS are creeps and a scary organization to work for. That is all. No replies required.

Posted by: hd9KY ()
Date: September 18, 2014 01:43PM

Nevergonnaquit Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was harassed into resigning or retiring by FCPS
> after a 16 year exemplary career. Granted a one
> year's LOA after 7 months of waiting to hear,
> because they were busy, and then having it
> rescinded the day based on absurd circumstances.
> I was threatened with dismissal, I have been
> yelled at by Administrators, and given incorrect
> information for years from the HR department.
> Needless to say, I am now a disgruntled former
> employee who is looking to sue the school system.
> That is an extremely difficult thing to do in the
> Commonwealth of Virginia, but I will keep up my
> quest to find someone willing to take the case on
> a contingency basis. If anyone knew and understood
> the vindictive and hateful attitude of the people
> who work in FCPS, they would be appalled. Most HR
> departments strive to assist employees in anyway
> they can. In FCPS, instead, they deceive and
> trick employees with nasty tactics. Ask anyone
> who has ever had to deal with them and their
> incompetence. Very sad!

HR exists to help the entity they work for not get sued. They are never there to help the employee.... Geez are you 12 years old? Face it, you got canned because you were not cutting the mustard. They were overly generous with all the LOA. If a lawyer won't take you case, you don't have one. Move on. Try the DMV or any other place where they provided half assed unmotivated customer service.

Posted by: NippleChuck ()
Date: September 18, 2014 01:55PM

Hey nevergonnaquit what department?
Nip

Posted by: 2 cents ()
Date: September 18, 2014 01:55PM

I don't know anything about your situation except what you've written here, but if you communicate in a bitter, embattled manner you will be perceived by the school system, the county, lawyers, the press, and the lay public as a flake - despite the merits of your case. Just state the facts in a calm, rational manner and you have a shot at being taken seriously.

You have an uphill battle here. Virginia is a 'right to work' state and you can pretty much be fired at will. I'm assuming there is some sort of union that could fight for your rights. Otherwise, you'll be going it alone against the Fairfax County school system. That will be exceedingly tough. You might really want to consider letting this go and getting on with your life.

Posted by: Pappas ()
Date: September 18, 2014 02:07PM

News flash, hot shot...

This can, does and will happen everywhere, regardless of government or private employment.
You mean nothing. You are a number. You exist to provide a service and be taxed. If someone can do it cheaper than you, move over.
Do not expect kindness or any sort of humane treatment from your employer. They are not there to show consideration. They exist to utilize your service to their advantage and facilitate in you being taxed.

Posted by: Kind of an HR guy ()
Date: September 18, 2014 02:15PM

2 Cents has made the mistake that many do.

Virginia is an Employment at Will state (not to be confused with Right to Work which is a union issue). You can be terminated for just about anything. Now, if you are in a protected class (age, ADA, etc.) there may be more hurdles for the employer to jump in order to get rid of you, but an HR person worth their salt can deal with those.

Sorry this happened to you, but thems the breaks . . .

Posted by: 3HYtX ()
Date: September 18, 2014 06:29PM

Nevergonnaquit Wrote:
> I was harassed into resigning or retiring by FCPS

fuckoff government union worker. you were overpaid, stole taxes, more than $2,000 and are a felon

give back what you stole

Posted by: xYe9X ()
Date: September 18, 2014 06:31PM

THE DEMOCRATS ARE COMING!

THE PULSES

------------------

THEY ARE HEAR TO KILL ME

DAMN DEMOCRATS

----------------------------

I HAVENT LEFT MY APARTMENT IN 2 MONTHS BECAUSE THOSE DAMN DEMOCRATS PULL ME OVER EVERYTIME I LEAVE

no good gov workers

Posted by: path to work at fcps ()
Date: September 18, 2014 06:33PM

1) Tell them you support the turf fields.

2) Tell them you endorse Tara Brach.

3) Tell them you think Boosterthon is a great organization.

You'll be (re)hired before you know it.

Posted by: the real deal ()
Date: September 18, 2014 07:48PM

After a couple decades of working for FCPS I would be shocked to see anyone forced to resign. Even the laziest, most inept and those who have behavior bordering criminal could not be fired. It even took a lot of effort to get rid of employees that would not show up for work consistantly or used drugs. I found that the biggest function for unions in Virginia is to protect the lame and lazy. If you just do your job and knock off all the other crap during working hours, you would be best served by using those union dues for investing for retirement.

Posted by: Nevergonnaqult ()
Date: September 18, 2014 08:47PM

NippleChuck Wrote:
> Hey nevergonnaquit what department?
> Nip

Budget analyst. Can't reveal department or it would be obvious who I am.

Posted by: Hmmmmm ()
Date: September 18, 2014 09:01PM

Pretty obvious you are loser; this much we know.

Posted by: fbs ()
Date: September 18, 2014 09:36PM

FCPS is an extremely hostile work place (unless you're one of their fuck buddies). But as someone mentioned it's not hard to avoid termination. Just use your head and step over the traps they set. Fortunately, they are none too smart so even when they're after you, they usually make stupid procedural mistakes.

What's funny is how they handle members of protected groups. I work with a black gal that they are absolutely TERRIFIED of. She fucks with them for fun. It's amusing to watch.

Posted by: Resign or Be Fired ()
Date: September 18, 2014 10:17PM

>Nevergonnaquit ()

Was it you could resign or be fired.. you posted resign or be retired.

If you resigned you already lost half your case. You can't draw unemployment. And have more limited options to sue. Or other court options like getting your job back.

If Fired you can go get um full speed ahead., and draw unemployment and other bennies..If you beat them in court you can get the job back.

Thats why they give the option to Resign or Be Fired. Unless you did something really bad or criminal then your just fired.

As far as "retirement" goes with FX CO if a person has their years of service in and meets the age. Thats it., they can fire you but you still get a pension. In VRS ( Virginia Retirement System) if a feloney is commited Aka Bob McDonnell you can loose the pension.... Thanks to a law he signed. The US military can with hold a pension as well for a felony but civilians still get theirs.. Fair??? Depends on??? But thats the law..Much stricter standards for US military.

Now because you resigned. You can leave your retirement contributions in the system and draw a benefit later in life. Like Age 65 for only the years of service. Or take it out with intrest. If your fired they are returned ..with intrest..Gratis.. If rehired after being fired with a law suit that is successfull to you that depends on the settlement.But you will be reinstated in the retiremnet system if you return the money and may even recieve some more money.

Posted by: No replies required. ()
Date: September 18, 2014 10:42PM

No replies required? But you've posted about 12 threads on this situation and even went ad far as trying to go to the local media. Okay. If they're not interested maybe you should take it as a loss and swallow your pride. Things happen and I'm sorry this happened to you. The only thing to do now is to set fire to the building.

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: September 19, 2014 02:57AM

Came to work drunk huh?

Posted by: Gruntled ()
Date: September 19, 2014 07:48AM

It is kind of hard to take your story seriously. You say you were harassed into resigning or retiring, but you don't say what form this harassment took. Did they give you wedgies every day? Did they make you eat a bug before they would give you a check? Did they give you the nickname "stinky"?

With out *some* details, why should we take your word for it that you were harassed?

Posted by: deutsch ()
Date: September 22, 2014 01:19PM

what pyramid were you teaching in? #missingteacher

Posted by: Bart ()
Date: September 22, 2014 04:34PM

Most of these stupid replies are from the idiot that posts about the lamb center.
My advice to you is contact your union.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.