HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Company to help me furnish my new home
Posted by: Bare floor Magog ()
Date: September 17, 2014 06:50PM

I'm buying a new home soon and I'll need to furnish it. Are there companies in Fairfax for hire to help me figure out what to buy?

I'm a single 25yr old dude... I don't have an eye for that stuff at all. To me, it's worth having some help even if I pay a reasonable price for it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Company to help me furnish my new home
Posted by: Yellow Pages ()
Date: September 17, 2014 06:53PM

You might want to look up home furnishings or interior decorators.

Posted by: Gloria ()
Date: September 17, 2014 07:04PM

Are you hot? Stats, please and I'll decide if I can help you.

Posted by: Another virgin ()
Date: September 17, 2014 07:12PM

Should have been dissuaded by the fact that this sort of line has NEVER worked for you. It makes you look like an ass, but that's the end of t.

Posted by: Bare floor G ()
Date: September 17, 2014 07:14PM

Looking at which companies actually.

A decorator or furnished would be nice. I have a couple things I want to use, but but I plan on buying everything from scratch. Starting over, so to speak.

Posted by: Sonny Drysdale ()
Date: September 17, 2014 07:27PM

Wooden planks and bricks

Posted by: CkVJv ()
Date: September 17, 2014 08:23PM

Bare floor Magog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm buying a new home soon and I'll need to
> furnish it. Are there companies in Fairfax for
> hire to help me figure out what to buy?
>
>
> I'm a single 25yr old dude... I don't have an eye
> for that stuff at all. To me, it's worth having
> some help even if I pay a reasonable price for it.

fuck you fuck your mother. where did a 25 yr old get money for a home?

you have a gov thief in your family?

i helped people move and lots of favors in this town. i was repaid by getting poisoned near death by the town, being falsely prosecuted (once while ill from poisoning), having my stuff broken and stolen, abuse, and, really, more than i can list.

my advice is

(1) if your 25 yr old asking for free labor fuck off and if your pretending to be disabled but really in with gov friends who are getting you a free gov townhouse go to hell

(2) watch your stuff - you'll likely see one of your friends (or helpers) stealing it or trying to while "helping you"

Posted by: Yeah, they're called... ()
Date: September 17, 2014 08:27PM

Ikea and a screwdriver bitch.

Quit playin. You ain't no baller.

Posted by: Actual Advice ()
Date: September 17, 2014 08:53PM

It would help if you could provide more information.

- What type of furnishings are you looking for - low end (e.g., IKEA), mid range (Bassett, Haverty's, etc.), or high end (Restoration Hardware, Mitchell and Gold, custom, ...)?
- What is your overall budget for furnishing the property?
- What is your personal style (modern, traditional, transitional, rustic, etc.)?

You have a variety of options in terms of finding help, for example...

- If you are looking for low-end stuff, it's probably not worth paying a decorator. Find a friend to help you. And keep in mind that most of the furniture will have to be assembled.
- Most of the mid to high end furniture stores have designers on staff who can help you select pieces and put together a look at no charge. But you are limited to the offerings of that store. The sales staff at these places can be downright predatory. Personally, I like Belfort for the range of furnishings and caliber of the staff. If you can afford it, Restoration Hardware has gorgeous furnishings with a masculine feel.
- You can find an interior decorator through recommendations or online searches. You do not need an interior designer since you are just looking at furnishings, not structural work. The downside of interior decorators is that there is no standard training or certification. Basically, anyone can be one. Their fee structure varies (hourly, percent of the furnishings, fixed price, or some combination). Look at their portfolios and see if you like their approach and their style. Most home stagers also offer decorating services.

Keep in mind that there is more to furnishing a home than just furniture...window coverings, floor coverings, wall art, lighting, general decor pieces, possibly painting. Depends on how far you want to go and your budget.

Anyway, we could give more tailored advice if you could provide more input on what you're looking for.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.