HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Alexandria schools pushed out student resource officers because "racism" ... I bet they feel great now a city high school student was stabbed at Bradlee Shopping Center
Posted by: Success has many fathers ()
Date: May 25, 2022 01:04PM

https://alexandrialivingmagazine.com/news/alexandria-ends-school-resource-officer-SRO-program-ACPS/

he Alexandria City Council this week agreed to put the funding for School Resource Officers in contingent reserve, effectively ending the SRO program while city staff, the police department and school system officials figure out new ways to support youth mental health while keeping schools safe.

Council members discussed the issue for more than two hours during a city budget add/delete work session on Monday — the last budget meeting before City Council adopted the City’s budget Wednesday evening in a special session.

Alexandria City Public Schools officials, city staff and the police department will have to come up with a plan for implementing changes for how the Alexandria Police Department and ACPS work together, and present that plan to city council in the coming months.

During the meeting, Council Member Canek Aguirre said he wanted to reassure residents that “no one is being fired, everyone is going to keep their jobs, and this is not saying that police cannot interact with city youth — so this is a continued conversation of how we’re trying to move forward with reimagining public safety.”

In the past several years, a movement for police-free public schools has gained steam nationwide, including here.

Ashley R. Moore, an attorney at the Legal Aid Justice Center, spoke in support of Tenants & Workers United youth and other students who have been calling for police-free schools in Alexandria. She called for city council to divest the nearly $800,000 SRO budget and instead invest in other programs that are focused on strengthening students’ mental health.

Moore called the budget session “an opportunity to remove SROs and instead hire actual counselors and mentors who are specifically trained and equipped to focus on student well-being.” She also argued that SROs are not needed to keep students safe.

Maria Pilar, an ACPS parent of a high school student and longtime resident, said she believes SROs can be intimidating to students and the program is unnecessary. She said reappropriating the funds from the program to mental health would be a good start.

The City of Alexandria had allocated about $790,000 for the SRO program in the upcoming budget, including salaries for an SRO sergeant and several officers in the middle schools and high school.

Ashley-Moore-1.pngCanek+Aguirre+Photo.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Alexandria schools pushed out student resource officers because "racism" ... I bet they feel great now a city high school student was stabbed at Bradlee Shopping Center
Posted by: BBC3W ()
Date: May 25, 2022 02:34PM

OK, but what does something that happened off school property got to do with security on school property?

Re: Alexandria schools pushed out student resource officers because "racism" ... I bet they feel great now a city high school student was stabbed at Bradlee Shopping Center
Posted by: Found him ()
Date: May 25, 2022 03:15PM

BBC3W Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> OK, but what does something that happened off
> school property got to do with security on school
> property?

I see you never went to public school, which is fine.

SRO keep their eyes on events in and out of the schools. They are supposed to have their ear to the ground about potential gang activity, weekend parties with underage drinking and of course drugs.

An SRO may have had info about tension, rivalries and beefs on campus.

Posted by: It’s clear ()
Date: May 25, 2022 04:49PM

School stabbings and the occasional murder are a small price to pay in order to make sure that nothing is racist.

Posted by: i know right ()
Date: May 25, 2022 06:04PM

It’s clear Wrote:
> School stabbings and the occasional murder are a
> small price to pay in order to make sure that
> nothing is racist.

It's so important that people of color have the ability to express themselves culturally without the fear of repression. Translated for you Americans out there... let the niggers kill each other because that's what they have demanded.

Posted by: Mikkel meta ()
Date: May 25, 2022 09:34PM

i know right Wrote:
> It’s clear Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > School stabbings and the occasional murder are
> a
> > small price to pay in order to make sure that
> > nothing is racist.
>
>
> It's so important that people of color have the
> ability to express themselves culturally without
> the fear of repression. Translated for you
> Americans out there... let the niggers kill each
> other because that's what they have demanded.

Whoa whoa whoa don’t be racist there were spics involved too

Posted by: BOLO Reward ()
Date: May 25, 2022 09:38PM

Call 1-800 NOG Stopers
Attachments:
5633E965-BD53-4CCA-A41C-0EF71F5449EC.jpeg

Posted by: Mikkel meta ()
Date: May 25, 2022 09:39PM

Found him Wrote:
> BBC3W Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > OK, but what does something that happened off
> > school property got to do with security on
> school
> > property?
>
> I see you never went to public school, which is
> fine.
>
> SRO keep their eyes on events in and out of the
> schools. They are supposed to have their ear to
> the ground about potential gang activity, weekend
> parties with underage drinking and of course
> drugs.
>
> An SRO may have had info about tension, rivalries
> and beefs on campus.

Nah, it’s beyond control. Alexandria cops sit right there all day and were there when the fight started. 2 cops can’t control 30-50 kids wildin out. The cops are there because the kids just loiter around the McD’s and Safeway literally all day. No one has any control of anything.

The problem isn’t SRO or not (though obviously the school would be safer with them) and it’s not law enforcement, the school system is way screwed up and the minorities and illegals just come and go on and off campus as they please, with no ability or control on them.

Which is why the school was very quick to point out it was an off campus event. They don’t give a shit if these animals attack each other off grounds, better for them to avoid the real problem.

Posted by: nog knower ()
Date: May 26, 2022 07:42AM

The public has no clue how the ghetto schools operate on a daily basis. I told my libtard cousin about some of it and he said none of that was true. It's better for libtards to just look the other way and blame white people.

One example... pre covid a few years back the senior class at Spingarn HS in DC was 90% female. Back in 4th grade that same group was 50-50. Where are the boys? In jail, dead or dropped out. One class had 20 females and 1 boy. The teacher I talked to said nine of the girls had kids, with 3 having more than one. This doesn't even consider abortions. And these are just the niggers still in school. And it was common for the kids to do whatever they wanted including telling the teacher to fuck off.

Libtards will never talk about any of this. It's the world they created and work very hard to maintain. Keeping the niggas down.

Posted by: Uncle Sam ()
Date: May 26, 2022 11:07AM

Alexandria and FFC in general are a microcosm of how replacement theory is currently destroying the historic American nation.

Someone should jump on here and explain how their life, community and society in general have been 'enriched' with the addition of blacks and browns.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.