HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Rips ‘Mentally Ill’ George Conway. I'm not mentally III
Posted by: associated pressings III ()
Date: April 29, 2022 03:24PM

and due to democrats Ill III look the fucking same in many apps to to font gambling

DROP DEAD DEMOCRATS

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rips ‘Mentally Ill’ George Conway. I'm not mentally III
Posted by: 34HJN45 ()
Date: April 29, 2022 03:24PM

little red riding hood

Posted by: associated pressings |II ()
Date: April 29, 2022 03:28PM

so the signing, is that eye ell ell or El el el or Or eye eye ?

BECAUSE I HAVE TO KNOW ASSHOLE - I'M GOING TO FUCKING KILL YOU FOR GAMING MY FONTS

get it now?

Posted by: 34h45j4 ()
Date: April 29, 2022 03:38PM

(really old people won't understand since they abused 1 l L | on old typewriters)

millenials don't know that BIG TECH replaced legitimate fonts with GAMBLING "choosing the nearest choice from a set of un-paid for non-adobe crap and displaying who knows what shit when that isn't matched". It was un-allowed in X11 (which was 100% bullet proof) but became the "gambling standard" when Bill Clinton hackers took over and made it X.org - in their effort to kill X11 and hand X.org to china / huawei

microsoft ... always had broken fonts

WHICH IS WHEN " " REPLACES a legitimate lettter/character and (me) is mislead which can cost me (money).

(to everyone: broken fonts were one of the main causes of microsoft PC freezes since 1990's - they cause i386 exceptions to throw - microsoft had awful broken fonts but also broken "libraries" MFC as well)

Posted by: 34h54 ()
Date: April 29, 2022 03:49PM

giphy.gif

more things the FFU platform should do but can't!

Posted by: 4ty53 ()
Date: April 29, 2022 03:54PM

what was that called in the BBS days? .ANI was it?

Posted by: oo---oo ()
Date: April 29, 2022 03:58PM

(to millenials: there were no web browsers and any bbs software, which had graphics, didn't do animation. you had to "dl" an ascii art maker which had ability to animate the art. there were several brands but i think the .ANI were compatible. unlike today's software they didn't seek to break shit between vendors back then)

Posted by: 3ghh5434 ()
Date: April 29, 2022 04:01PM

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQj0NoEpvsIgoL8L17wmLy

if your doing "math" and some asshole has gambled your font - and the whole thing doesn't make sense because one of the "things" disappeared due to gambling - you wanna kill someone (freedesktop.org woudl be a good starting place)

Posted by: to stupid millenials ()
Date: April 29, 2022 04:14PM

YOU CAN'T GOOGLE .ANI, you have to ask an old hand

all google will tell you is "it's Microsoft owned" (that's a lie) or that "it's an asian graphics program that's free"

you have to understand MICROSOFT CERTIFICATION BOOKS are full of lies calling every key word from the past "microsoft made" when actually they are stolen by microsoft and often NOT THE SAME MEANING - it's a book of lies

google will tell you it's animated gif, but i think that's untrue also - web browsers animated gifs and the encoding for it was in the .gif so a .ani extention wasn't "required" for that. but may have been used "stolen" at one time.

but you see, ascii art

"CompuServe introduced GIF on 15 June 1987 to provide a color image format for their file downloading areas. " says liar wikipedia

my point is: ANIMATED ASCII preceeded GIF and ANIMATED GIF

i believe the extension name that was "common" was .ani

big tech usually sought to destroy the little guy by ROBBING NAME to fuck with other software. stealing extension names was done back then - if not still today.

Posted by: 34t4hg5434 ()
Date: April 29, 2022 04:26PM

there was .ASC but those were, if i remember, colored ascii. not all ascii could animate i'm unsure if it was

the great liar google says "An ASC file is an armored ASCII file used by Pretty Good Privacy (PGP), an encryption program utilized for secure communication"

ASIANS AND EUROS HATE ANYTHING AMERICAN - they name things and delete our digital past so they can claim "USA was not and is not the technology leader"

THEY DON'T WANT AMERICAN MILLENIALS TO KNOW THEY HAVE A CHOICE OF INTEL AND MADE IN USA - AND THAT IT'S BETTER - and that we have a longer and finer history than asia and eu

Posted by: 344hhy534 ()
Date: April 29, 2022 04:27PM

if i remember your .ASC was a single page and you needed a different file extension name for animated .ASC because were you to load the wrong kind your PC would reboot, which, if i remember, was commonly .ANI, for an ascii art editor in the 1980's

Posted by: 32434hy5434 ()
Date: April 29, 2022 04:29PM

google "ASC files or Action Script Communication Files are files written in script, and these files are used by a particular application or program. "

lies

Posted by: 34y5u54 ()
Date: April 29, 2022 04:37PM

Non-delimited ASCII (ASC) file format - IBM
https://www.ibm.com › docs › SSEPGG_10.5.0 › doc
The non-delimited ASCII format, known as ASC to the import and load utilities, comes in two varieties: fixed length and flexible length.

that is CO-RECT ... well kinda, they lied also

there was no strict standard in the hay day. there was merely communal agreement on free software use of .asc and IBM didn't control it. what IBM controlled was the ASCII Table which was used in printers then consoles: thus immutable. they didn't use the .ASC extension neither did microsoft, in the day.

IBM dis-includes the free software use that .ASC might/would contain colored art and that IBM was, if i remember, NOT THE CREATOR of that file extension name and use.

also - in the day people used ".txt" not ".asc" for what IBM is describing

Posted by: 34yh5335 ()
Date: April 29, 2022 04:48PM

one reason people mostly didn't use ".asc" is there was no such thing as NOT ASC except binary, everything was console and text except editor files which always bore the 3 letter nick name of the editor (in DOS).

you could change IBM char sets on printers and that would have a reason to be an " .ASC" if you had pages that weren't .ASC, but most people would never mess with that. but the IBM article above didn't say a word about that.

years later there were some "programs" when compilers became available that used ".asc" in some of the files which contained data in ascii editable format loaded by software. different story different reason for using.

Posted by: 3h5434 ()
Date: April 29, 2022 05:11PM

but really ...

.ANI is "so recognizable" it couldn't be considered stealing using the same name!

(in the 80's it was often just used as a visual indication to others)

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.