HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Man charged for reckless driving, DUI after I-95 crash
Posted by: Road Pizza! ()
Date: September 09, 2014 11:58AM

Man charged for reckless driving, DUI after I-95 crash
http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/2014/09/08/tyron-duffie-manassas-va-arrested-interstate-95-crash/15272515/

MANASSAS, Va. (WUSA9) -- Virginia State Police say that a man faces multiple charges after failing to stop for an officer, then crashing his car into two other vehicles and a jersey wall on Interstate 95 on Saturday. Police also say the man, who may have stolen the car, was drunk and had a suspended license.

According to state police, a trooper spotted a Honda Accord traveling 84 miles per hour in a 55 mph zone near the 162 mile marker in Fairfax County at approximately 5:30 p.m. Saturday. The trooper tried to stop the Honda, driving behind the Honda and activating emergency lights, but the Honda took off, say police.

The Honda then started weaving in and out of traffic, say police, zipping along at more than 100 mph. Police tell us the Honda reached 166 mph when it swerved from the left lane to the far right lane. It then struck a Mercury Mountaineer and a 2012 Toyota Venza, say police. The impact caused the Honda to cross all lanes, strike the Jersey wall and come to rest, according to police.

None of the drivers were injured in the collision, say police.

Police also say the driver, 46-year-old Tyron L. Duffie, of Manassas, Va., initially "refused to cooperate with troopers." At some point he was taken into custody and taken to the Fairfax Adult Detention Center. He is being held without bond, say police.

Duffie is charged with DUI (his second within 10 years), DUI refusal, one felony count of eluding police, auto larceny, driving on a suspended license, and reckless driving, according to Virginia State Police.

The incident remains under investigation.
Attachments:
1410184588000-Duffie,%20Tyron.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Man charged for reckless driving, DUI after I-95 crash
Posted by: Charlie Murphy ()
Date: September 09, 2014 01:10PM

What did the hand say to the face? Smack!

How the hell can a Honda Accord reach 166 mph? That part sounds made up.

Posted by: What? ()
Date: September 09, 2014 01:18PM

166 in an Accord? Looks like he had NOS and a lot of it.

Posted by: HondaBoy ()
Date: September 09, 2014 01:21PM

Charlie Murphy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How the hell can a Honda Accord reach 166 mph?

VTEC, baby.

Flame decals also increase horsepower.

Posted by: Al Sharptongue ()
Date: September 09, 2014 01:25PM

No doubt his civil rights were being violated. He had good reason to run from the racist police. Obama should send Eric Holder to investigate the cops that stopped him. Pure racism! He's a fine young man! Riots to begin in 10 minutes unless I get a big payment from whitey!

Posted by: ywUeF ()
Date: September 11, 2014 09:05AM

Fast and the Furious 8: I95 Edition

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.