HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
holiday s are stressful for everyone, addicts (active or in recovery) face particular challenges--this is for you or a loved one...
Posted by: ridndwv ()
Date: December 24, 2021 11:55AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: holiday s are stressful for everyone, addicts (active or in recovery) face particular challenges--this is for you or a loved one...
Posted by: So true ()
Date: December 24, 2021 02:05PM

Thanks for posting. I have been sober 24 years. You would be surprised how much people drinking at holiday events try to get people who aren't drinking to have something to drink. Oh come on you can have one or are you sure you don't want anything and that kind of stuff. Just had a holiday party at work last week.

I don't drink so I can keep a job and a drivers license and not be a danger to myself or others and it took many years to get to that point. Others knew it before I did and I kept up with my self destruction.

Re: holiday s are stressful for everyone, addicts (active or in recovery) face particular challenges--this is for you or a loved one...
Posted by: ridndwv ()
Date: December 24, 2021 02:37PM

congratulations on the 24 years!! that s fantastic!!

since you shared, i ve dealt with drug addiction for nearly 2 decades and while i m sober right now, the holidays are a special kind of challenge..

i don t drink, haven t for years, but i can definitely imagine the pressure and triggers having alcohol so readily available and in your face during xmas can produce..

if you don't mind me asking, has a program been part of your recovery??
congrats again!!

Posted by: 1 Is Too Many ()
Date: December 24, 2021 04:31PM

and 12 is not enough...

Come on man you know it's THAT time of year. These will get you over the hump until you can find some pills and coke. Have a rockin Christmas!
Attachments:
346.jpg
ChristmasCheer1.jpg
ChristmasCheer4.jpg
ChristmasCheer2.jpg
ChristmasCheer3.jpg

Posted by: So true ()
Date: December 24, 2021 04:49PM

I stopped drinking after I stopped going to AA. Went to detox and 3 treatment centers, one involuntary. Finally stopped after I heard a former pro-wrestler speak at a church. I certainly wouldn't recommend my way to anyone of tell them not to go to meetings. Different things work for different people.

Posted by: I used to be addicted ()
Date: December 24, 2021 08:38PM

To Korean rub & fuck spots.
Attachments:
E2B590C9-BC5D-47C3-B6ED-9F915A02D764.jpeg
3968EECE-FECA-402D-AA7A-53DC1FAE3981.jpeg
BAB74F24-8CC0-4D78-8D11-3A4DBAEB824A.jpeg
D9B073C3-5BBC-4603-A4BB-62FEE9803E98.jpeg
41CCCFCE-8B8B-469F-96F5-EB3A3E2095F5.jpeg

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.