HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
THINGS CHANGE... Polish Workers Protest EU’s Anti-Coal Policy. (here's what they were saying 20 years ago)
Posted by: breitbart 90832 ()
Date: November 06, 2021 02:27PM

Poland-protest-640x480.jpg

20 years ago I nearly got my head ripped off by a Polish women when i said

"abuse of Polish coal miners very low pay? that happened in usa and elsewhere. as more coal comes out of the ground wealth will increase and things will become better"

She nearly ripped my head off saying "you have no idea what your talking about. america is busy making plastic toys while the miners suffer!"

TODAY - THEY ARE PROTESTING to stay in their business

I guess in Poland things have changed for the better, as to 20 years ago

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: THINGS CHANGE... Polish Workers Protest EU’s Anti-Coal Policy. (here's what they were saying 20 years ago)
Date: November 06, 2021 02:59PM

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2021/11/06/workers-poland-protest-push-end-coal-use-eu-office/

I forgot. She said they were considering quitting coal mining because it wasn't paying. I had said if they are hauling coal out of the mine that probably stopping wasn't a good idea.

Re: THINGS CHANGE... Polish Workers Protest EU’s Anti-Coal Policy. (here's what they were saying 20 years ago)
Date: November 06, 2021 02:59PM

Some 200 power plant and coal mine workers from across Poland blew horns and waved union flags as they chanted. The protest’s motto was “YES for Poland’s Energy Sovereignty. NO to High Energy and Heat Prices.”

Date: November 06, 2021 03:02PM

Like other EU member nations, Poland has pledged to phase out coal use and to develop wind, solar and other renewable energy sources. At the U.N. climate summit in Glasgow this week, the government said it would not be able to close all coal-fired plants until 2049, a target that disappointed activists.

Chinese solar and chinese batteries needed to "store energy for release at night" ?

LIKELY THEIR REAL COMPETITOR THE POLITICIANS AREN'T SAYING IN THE NEWS

Russian coal is plentiful and china/russia like making deals you can't refuse.

The rumor they are switching to nuclear - wait until the plant is building before holding your breath. Just a rumor mill until then.

Russian coal: NOT A RUMOR.

Posted by: Breitbart Tech 23 ()
Date: November 06, 2021 07:53PM

GettyImages-477418530-e1635518306122-640

"Poland is avoiding the fines by refusing to open the Emails ..."

€500,000 euro a day fine for failing to shut down a coal mine as ordered by EU judges - who want Poland to be on the same hook and debt Germany and others are who are importing. (i have no clue what % of power plant coal in Poland is supplied by Poland. Some at least.)

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2021/10/29/ghosted-poland-avoids-paying-eu-fine-by-leaving-email-from-court-unread/

In other news, I have the same Christmas socks! They have small hole, meh.

"similar bodies operate elsewhere in the bloc, such as France ..." France isn't similar. They borrowed and spent tons of global debt post WWII becoming the world's 2nd or 3rd or 4th idk most advanced Nuclear Reactor Efficiency experts and builders.

The comparison with Poland who, prevented by fiscal budget did not fly so high, is an ill one.

Posted by: 456u6 ()
Date: November 06, 2021 07:55PM

Germany: "Poland rejected EU migrant quotas."

I GUARANFUCKINGTEE YOU that means migrants Germany imported for labor, found out were liabilities, and now are trying to push on to Poland.

Posted by: 5y5i6766 ()
Date: November 06, 2021 08:02PM

Russia to export more coal to beat shortage in India
https://www.tribuneindia.com › Nation
Oct 19, 2021 — According to Russian Energy Minister Nikolay Shulginov, Russia currently supplies around 80 lakh tonnes of all types of coal to India.

Europe Asking Russia for More Coal Is Set for Disappointment
https://www.bloomberg.com › news › articles › europe-...
Sep 29, 2021 — “Russia has been cutting coal exports to Europe for years as the European Union was closing thermal coal power stations,”

Germany's dependence on imported fossil fuels - Clean ...
https://www.cleanenergywire.org › factsheets › german...
Jun 19, 2020 — In 2018, Germany imported 46.6 million tonnes, or 94 percent of the hard coal it consumed. Its leading coal suppliers were Russia (40.8%) (germany has possibly the highest tech coal mining (for such geography mined) - but their use has outstripped their high tech mining)

"Does France use coal? France imports 111% of its Coal consumption (14,325,675 tons in 2016)" (they must be exporting some of the caol they import. reportedly their consumption has far outstripped the drop in their interior mining)

Don't email Poland about these matters. They've been skating this rink for 1,000 years. They know.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.