HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
T.C. Williams Teacher Resigns Following Allegations of Inappropriate Relationships
Posted by: The Neighborhood Watch! ()
Date: June 12, 2013 07:02AM

T.C. Williams Teacher Resigns Following Allegations of Inappropriate Relationships
Letter from principal states 'police have been contacted and all appropriate actions are being taken.'
http://oldtownalexandria.patch.com/articles/t-c-williams-teacher-resigns-following-allegations-of-inappropriate-relationships-with-female-students

8:45 p.m. update — Alexandria police were contacted by Alexandria City Public Schools on Friday, June 7, in regards to an allegation that "a school employee engaged in inappropriate conact with a student," according to a release from the Alexandria Police Department.

ACPS Superintendent Morton Sherman released a statement Monday saying the school system "cannot make specific comments" on personnel issues regarding staff or active investigations.

"...we want our families to know that the administration will not tolerate any misconduct or inappropriate behavior between staff and students and will do all possible to keep it out of our classrooms," Sherman said. "Whenever there is any accusation of misconduct on the part of a teacher or any staff members, we fully cooperate with law enforcement authorities and encourage full investigation of the accusations."

Sherman said the school system is also taking measures to protect and support students, including counseling services as needed.

— — — —

A male teacher at T.C. Williams High School has resigned following an investigation into the teacher's relationship with several female students, according to a letter from Principal Suzanne Maxey.

The letter to parents, dated Monday, said in part:

Last Friday, two students reported rumors that one of our male teachers was having inappropriate relations with several of our female students. As we do with any rumor, we thoroughly investigated the situation. Within a short time, we discovered enough information to contact ACPS Human Resources and remove the teacher from the school. The police have been contacted and all appropriate actions are being taken. Furthermore the teacher has resigned. Given that this is an on-going school district and police investigation, I am not able to share any additional information. I can assure you that the students involved and their parents have been contacted and we are providing them with appropriate support. Our student’s welfare and safety continues to be our primary concern.

The full letter is attached to this article as a pdf (see the media box at right). Go here... http://oldtownalexandria.patch.com/articles/t-c-williams-teacher-resigns-following-allegations-of-inappropriate-relationships-with-female-students#pdf-14757255

Alexandria Police Department public information officials did not immediately respond to an email from Patch.

In a separate-and-unrelated incident addressed in the same letter from Principal Maxey, students reportedly posted a YouTube video that "depicted our students in a vulgar and distasteful manner and contains homophobic statements."

Maxey called the video "distressing" and the administration is conducting an investigation. In the letter, she said the video has been removed from YouTube "but still remains an insult to the good and respectful students of our school. In no way does this video portray the real students of T.C. Williams High School. Our student body and staff remain a remarkable family of people dedicated to each other and respectful of human differences."
Attachments:
370fe3a53515f0abc09f3d158a645d69.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: T.C. Williams Teacher Resigns Following Allegations of Inappropriate Relationships
Posted by: Sherry Henderson ()
Date: June 12, 2013 07:08AM

Many people in Alexandria like to pretend they live in a land of make-believe, that nothing bad happens here, that only good things happen. Some, not all, but some, also like to pretend that the Alexandria City Public Schools (ACPS) system is the absolute best one in the Commonwealth of Virginia and that there's absolutely nothing wrong with the education system set in place for children who live in the City of Alexandria.

Overall though, people in the City of Alexandria could do something about the tragically failing ACPS system, they choose not to do so. Alexandrians absolutely just don't care about their public schools, as well as they don't care about a lot of other important issues in the City of Alexandria, and it shows. If citizens in Alexandria cared about ACPS, for example, the problems would have been fixed and/or solved a long time ago. The problems that the City of Alexandria has with ACPS are both long-term, and quite legendary, especially to people in bordering jurisdictions who view the city in both amusement and amazement.

Problems in the City of Alexandria can quite often be summed up with Strother Martin's classic lines of the movie 'Cool Hand Luke': "What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men."

In Alexandria, some people you just can't reach, which is the way they want it.

Re: T.C. Williams Teacher Resigns Following Allegations of Inappropriate Relationships
Posted by: Josie ()
Date: June 12, 2013 07:12AM

I attend TCW & I know the teacher very well. The teacher was a great man. Yes, he looked and acted like a faithful, Christian family man. Does that mean that be acted the same way behind closed doors or that he was a saint? No. He was everything you thought was a perfect teacher—laid back, easy to relate to, made certain things easy to understand, attractive, etc., etc., which is why those girls felt that attraction to him and he was easily able to have those "intense activities" with them. He's already confirmed all the allegations made against him because he has been "forthcoming with information." So, really, there's no more point in arguing this. All the people who aren't involved in this case should know better and shut their mouth up. They're making stuff up just because one of the students was very "out there" and some still believe him to be a saint even after all the evidence that just popped up on Monday. It's this crazy? YES. Is it unexpected? NO, not fully. There will always be a school system with a scandal similar to this one. ALWAYS. So ACPS is not to blame. They handled the situation very well and as fast as possible. They offered help for the girls (and anyone who needed it) that went through this episode. Does it mean that they're victims and were helpless in this? NOPE. They weren't 7 year olds who didn't know what to do. Sure, they were under aged and shy of 18 but they knew EXACTLY what they were getting themselves into. They weren't saints.

Posted by: asdfasdfdaf ()
Date: June 12, 2013 07:24AM

Who was the teacher implicated in this?

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: June 12, 2013 07:29AM

Josie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I attend TCW & I know the teacher very well. The
> teacher was a great man. Yes, he looked and acted
> like a faithful, Christian family man. Does that
> mean that be acted the same way behind closed
> doors or that he was a saint? No. He was
> everything you thought was a perfect
> teacher—laid back, easy to relate to, made
> certain things easy to understand, attractive,
> etc., etc., which is why those girls felt that
> attraction to him and he was easily able to have
> those "intense activities" with them. He's already
> confirmed all the allegations made against him
> because he has been "forthcoming with
> information." So, really, there's no more point in
> arguing this. All the people who aren't involved
> in this case should know better and shut their
> mouth up. They're making stuff up just because one
> of the students was very "out there" and some
> still believe him to be a saint even after all the
> evidence that just popped up on Monday. It's this
> crazy? YES. Is it unexpected? NO, not fully. There
> will always be a school system with a scandal
> similar to this one. ALWAYS. So ACPS is not to
> blame. They handled the situation very well and as
> fast as possible. They offered help for the girls
> (and anyone who needed it) that went through this
> episode. Does it mean that they're victims and
> were helpless in this? NOPE. They weren't 7 year
> olds who didn't know what to do. Sure, they were
> under aged and shy of 18 but they knew EXACTLY
> what they were getting themselves into. They
> weren't saints.

So he banged you too?
Attachments:
laughing-guy-150x150.jpg

Posted by: #1 ()
Date: June 12, 2013 08:18AM

WingNut Wrote:
> Josie Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I attend TCW & I know the teacher very well.
> The
> > teacher was a great man. Yes, he looked and
> acted
> > like a faithful, Christian family man. Does
> that
> > mean that be acted the same way behind closed
> > doors or that he was a saint? No. He was
> > everything you thought was a perfect
> > teacher—laid back, easy to relate to, made
> > certain things easy to understand, attractive,
> > etc., etc., which is why those girls felt that
> > attraction to him and he was easily able to
> have
> > those "intense activities" with them. He's
> already
> > confirmed all the allegations made against him
> > because he has been "forthcoming with
> > information." So, really, there's no more point
> in
> > arguing this. All the people who aren't
> involved
> > in this case should know better and shut their
> > mouth up. They're making stuff up just because
> one
> > of the students was very "out there" and some
> > still believe him to be a saint even after all
> the
> > evidence that just popped up on Monday. It's
> this
> > crazy? YES. Is it unexpected? NO, not fully.
> There
> > will always be a school system with a scandal
> > similar to this one. ALWAYS. So ACPS is not to
> > blame. They handled the situation very well and
> as
> > fast as possible. They offered help for the
> girls
> > (and anyone who needed it) that went through
> this
> > episode. Does it mean that they're victims and
> > were helpless in this? NOPE. They weren't 7
> year
> > olds who didn't know what to do. Sure, they
> were
> > under aged and shy of 18 but they knew EXACTLY
> > what they were getting themselves into. They
> > weren't saints.
>
> So he banged you too?

She got an "A" in Biology.

Posted by: pathetic ()
Date: June 12, 2013 11:06AM

He was a great man?????

Don't think so.

Any creep working in schools who can't control his sexual urges is... a CREEP.

Not a GREAT man.

Let this define who he really is.

Posted by: student ()
Date: June 12, 2013 11:08AM

I attend Tc Williams and believe it is a great school with amazing teachers that are dedicated to helping students succeed. One incident, not even proven factual shouldn’t be representative of our teachers or our students.” It takes something more than intelligence to act intelligently.”- Fyodor Dostoyevsky, for those of you who criticize Tc Williams students, the staff and ACPS I recommend you find a hobby. Moreover, stop criticizing the student’s grammar because for doing so it doesn’t make you better it just makes you look like an ignorant uneducated fool. Just because you’re an adult does not mean your grown up, from the comments I have seen it seems that many of the commentators have some growing up to do. It’s a shame to be told by kids to grow up.

Posted by: Enrico Palazzo ()
Date: June 12, 2013 11:34AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2013 11:36AM by Enrico Palazzo.

Posted by: Eat a dick ()
Date: June 12, 2013 12:50PM

"I attend Tc Williams and believe it is a great school with amazing teachers that are dedicated to helping students succeed. One incident, not even proven factual shouldn’t be representative of our teachers or our students.” It takes something more than intelligence to act intelligently.”- Fyodor Dostoyevsky, for those of you who criticize Tc Williams students, the staff and ACPS I recommend you find a hobby. Moreover, stop criticizing the student’s grammar because for doing so it doesn’t make you better it just makes you look like an ignorant uneducated fool. Just because you’re an adult does not mean your grown up, from the comments I have seen it seems that many of the commentators have some growing up to do. It’s a shame to be told by kids to grow up."

If you attended a decent school this comment would have been well written.

Posted by: backintheday ()
Date: June 12, 2013 01:39PM

I graduated from T.C. Williams many many years ago.....back then there was a teacher who was attracted to me, but I was not aware of it. At graduation, she let me know she was. She waited until: A. I graduated and B. I was 18. Nothing came of it, however she had the professionalism and the ethics to wait until it was appropriate to let me know. There is NO EXCUSE even if the student is of legal age for a teacher to have a relationship with an active student.

Posted by: The Ghost of Jack Dale ()
Date: June 12, 2013 03:19PM

Something tells me this had something to with basketball or volleyball as opposed to chess or debate.

GO TC WILLIAMS!

SCHOOL SPIRIT!

JACK DALE!

SHARON BULOVA!

Posted by: Tc student ()
Date: June 13, 2013 09:54AM

No, this teacher WAS a great man. I am unaware of the evidence against him and so I will not comment on that. I can, however, comment on the teacher's character and personality, both of which are wonderful, and one the students' lack of these (she allegedly faked a pregnancy to keep a boyfriend, though, admittedly, this is just a rumor.) Additionally, those of you who are trying to insult TC's education system, please realize that you have absolutely no practical wisdom whatsoever on the subject. There does seem to exist a pervasive rumor floating about concerning TC's puportedly poor academics. This is false. TC provides a private schhol quality education to their students. (How many schools do you know that offer differential equations in high school?) However, due to the poverty in the surrounding areas, a large part of the student body is not as prepared academically and culturally for high school.

Posted by: Concerned Parents ()
Date: June 13, 2013 11:15AM

Who is the teacher in question? At this point he’s out the door anyway, so it we concerned citizens would like to know where this guy turns up

Posted by: Obligatory2 ()
Date: June 13, 2013 11:54AM

Were the chicks hot, or did this guy throw his life away for some piggies?

Posted by: Snapple ()
Date: June 13, 2013 05:24PM

backintheday Wrote:
> I graduated from T.C. Williams many many years
> ago.....back then there was a teacher who was
> attracted to me, but I was not aware of it. At
> graduation, she let me know she was. She waited
> until: A. I graduated and B. I was 18. Nothing
> came of it, however she had the professionalism
> and the ethics to wait until it was appropriate to
> let me know. There is NO EXCUSE even if the
> student is of legal age for a teacher to have a
> relationship with an active student.

So, did you hit it?

Posted by: ???????? ()
Date: June 13, 2013 05:49PM

Obligatory2 Wrote:
> Were the chicks hot, or did this guy throw his
> life away for some piggies?

It's T.C. Williams so definitely a fugly.

Date: June 13, 2013 11:57PM

I'm just surprised the students were girls. Just sayin'.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2013 11:58PM by The Real Long Timer.

Posted by: backintheday ()
Date: June 14, 2013 09:46AM

Snapple Wrote:
> backintheday Wrote:
> -----
> > I graduated from T.C. Williams many many years
> > ago.....back then there was a teacher who was
> > attracted to me, but I was not aware of it. At
> > graduation, she let me know she was. She waited
> > until: A. I graduated and B. I was 18. Nothing
> > came of it, however she had the professionalism
> > and the ethics to wait until it was appropriate
> to
> > let me know. There is NO EXCUSE even if the
> > student is of legal age for a teacher to have a
> > relationship with an active student.
>
> So, did you hit it?

Nah, wish I had though in retrospect of course..........

in the 70's at Lee H.S., a teacher ended up getting married to a female student within months after she graduated. Nothing ever happened to the guy other than he continued to teach....

Posted by: Tc student ()
Date: June 14, 2013 11:35AM

To "concerned parents": He is innocent until proven guilty. Posting his name here would only be a means of besmirching it.

Posted by: things have changed ()
Date: June 14, 2013 02:56PM

> Nah, wish I had though in retrospect of
> course..........
>
> in the 70's at Lee H.S., a teacher ended up
> getting married to a female student within months
> after she graduated. Nothing ever happened to the
> guy other than he continued to teach....

Was it Coach Bradley-the baseball coach?

Totally creepy.

Even college professors are prohibited from sleeping with their students--regardless of age.

I don't want my kids teachers hitting on my daughters.

Posted by: Hit the ground running ()
Date: June 14, 2013 07:01PM

things have changed Wrote:
> > Nah, wish I had though in retrospect of
> > course..........
> >
> > in the 70's at Lee H.S., a teacher ended up
> > getting married to a female student within
> months
> > after she graduated. Nothing ever happened to
> the
> > guy other than he continued to teach....
>
>
> Was it Coach Bradley-the baseball coach?
>
> Totally creepy.
>
> Even college professors are prohibited from
> sleeping with their students--regardless of age.
>
> I don't want my kids teachers hitting on my
> daughters.

Depends on the college; the policies vary. Also, once a high school student has graduated, provided they are of the age of consent, they should be fair game. The day after graduation it's time to play ball! Actually graduation night would be a good opportunity for the teachers to hit the new grads.

Posted by: Concerned Parents too ()
Date: June 17, 2013 08:51AM

Tc student Wrote:
> To "concerned parents": He is innocent until
> proven guilty. Posting his name here would only
> be a means of besmirching it.

He already resigned over it and didn't fight it = Guilty.

Posted by: Alexian ()
Date: June 17, 2013 06:33PM

Would someone spill the beans already? It is alledged at this point, we get that. It's not slander, to say who is being investigated. We slap names and photos of the accused up in the new all the time, we watch reports go and solicit neighbors of the accused. Now when it is a school teacher that was entrusted with children we "don't want to spread rumors". Well, consider me convinced that this guy, who ever he is, is as the media has stated "popular" and "well liked" popular and well liked. What a shame.

Posted by: Nieghbor ()
Date: June 17, 2013 06:58PM

Well apparently it's already out there. "Mr. Miarer"?

Posted by: bio ()
Date: June 17, 2013 07:18PM

Stephen Miarer brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to T.C. Williams, and is an asset to Alexandria City Public Schools in many important ways. Miarer attended high school in Ohio, and was a tri-athlete in basketball, golf, and track. He moved on to Grace College in Indiana, where he played on the basketball team and earned a double degree in Psychology and Sociology. While growing up, Miarer aspired to enter the field of politics. After graduating from college, he decided to move to D.C. to start working for the government. In addition to his government job, Miarer became involved in volunteer work with disadvantaged kids in D.C. who did not have positive opportunities or role models around them. This volunteer work and his enthusiasm for working with young people led Miarer away from the government, and he eventually landed at T.C. Williams as a government teacher and assistant varsity boy’s basketball coach. Currently, Miarer teaches both AP Psychology and Sociology here at T.C. He is in his seventh year of teaching at T.C. and his ninth year including his basketball coaching career. When asked about why he chose to take the road of teaching, Miarer replied, “I loved working with people and helping people.”

Besides being a full-time teacher, Miarer is also a full-time father of three children. He and his family live in Woodbridge, Virginia; after the bell at the end of the day he is one of the first people out of the school so he can rush home to see them. His commitment to his family is demonstrated when he brings his family in to school to meet every one of his classes. When asked why he is so open about his life outside of T.C., Miarer replied, “Kids get the opportunity to know who I really am.” The idea behind this philosophy is that hopefully his students will be able to relate to him more positively if they see him from a view besides that of a teacher. In his spare time, Miarer’s hobbies include playing basketball, spending time with his wife and kids, and working around the house.

Posted by: Neighbor ()
Date: June 17, 2013 07:44PM

bio Wrote:
> ... Miarer replied, “Kids get the opportunity
> to know who I really am.” The idea behind this
> philosophy is that hopefully his students will be
> able to relate to him more positively if they see
> him from a view besides that of a teacher.

0_o Almost reads like an omen.

The students are also Tweeting his name.

If this all proves true, I feel very very sorry for his family. :s

Date: June 17, 2013 08:19PM

looks like the girl who made the initial report is getting called names and harassed by her peers. One threatened to throw something at her a graduation.

If any of this pans out as true I hope he confesses to the students. This girl doesn't deserve to be called a liar and harrassed if it is all true. Seeing that the school had enough information the "remove" him and call the police, I am affriad there is some truth to it. :( :(

Posted by: Ivy Bigbee ()
Date: June 17, 2013 09:58PM

bio Wrote:
> Besides being a full-time teacher, Miarer is also
> a full-time father of three children. He and his
> family live in Woodbridge, Virginia; after the
> bell at the end of the day he is one of the first
> people out of the school so he can rush home to
> see them. His commitment to his family is
> demonstrated when he brings his family in to
> school to meet every one of his classes. When
> asked why he is so open about his life outside of
> T.C., Miarer replied, “Kids get the opportunity
> to know who I really am.”

This is the guy everyone is praising??? Screwing around behind his wife's back with his students? What a total complete scumbag!

Date: June 17, 2013 10:11PM

Yep, what is really a shame is apparently he WAS a great teacher. Good ratings and praise from all of the students saying the made school liveable, class learnable. etc.

Now the studets are tweeting things like "protesting" in court, and testifying on his behalf. Accusing the girls of lying.. Just blind loyaty to this man. Sigh, he can be smart and charming and still be an unscrupulous bastard when it coes to being horny. The kids don't get that..

Posted by: Haylie S ()
Date: June 19, 2013 02:24AM

Just from reading the posts on this forum, I understand why the names of the student and teacher remained hidden from the press.
I too had this teacher for two years. He never once looked at me or any other female student in a disrespectful manner. In a school where the teachers were either power-hungry bullies, or tenure-driven babysitters, this man was the only teacher who actually treated us like human beings. He respected us, opened our minds, and made his lessons come alive.
One of my favorite memories from his class is when he dressed up in an outrageous costume, ran into the classroom and pretended to steal someone's purse, ran back in dressed normally, and told us to write down everything we remembered about the incident. He came back wearing the costume, and it turned out none of us could accurately recall his appearance. He went to all this trouble to make us question eye witness testimonies, racial profiling, and even the reliability of our own memories. Four years later, that lesson and many others continue to stick with me.
This is a man who genuinely loved his job. The one thing he loved more than teaching was his family, whom he brought to class every halloween, and proudly used as examples in his lessons.
Whether the allegations are true or not, he was never a threat to any students, rather the silver lining of an otherwise lousy school.
Having said that, it churns my stomach to see people look at him like some sleezy predator. I hope his name is not released to the public through the press, because it does not deserve to be tainted and bad-mouthed by some bored, paranoid, stay at home moms. The impact he had on his students, and his years of hard work and dedication should not be overlooked because of one alleged mistake. The only thing I hope is made public is whether or not the allegations are true, and who initiated these "relationships."

Posted by: Random ()
Date: June 19, 2013 07:04AM

His name has already been released and is all over the web. The Alexandria police are investigating. The teacher admitted to the misconduct and resigned immediately. Whether the girls "initiated" the misconduct is irrelevant. As a teacher, he was breaking the law when he engaged in sexual contact with the students regardless of whether they inititiated it or not. I don't understand why people want to shame and blame the girls involved -and there was more than one, which should tip you off to the fact that this guy was not at all what he seemed. Sometimes monsters hide in plain sight.

Posted by: Common ()
Date: June 19, 2013 08:22AM

Random Wrote:
> His name has already been released and is all over
> the web. The Alexandria police are investigating.
> The teacher admitted to the misconduct and
> resigned immediately. Whether the girls
> "initiated" the misconduct is irrelevant. As a
> teacher, he was breaking the law when he engaged
> in sexual contact with the students regardless of
> whether they inititiated it or not. I don't
> understand why people want to shame and blame the
> girls involved -and there was more than one, which
> should tip you off to the fact that this guy was
> not at all what he seemed. Sometimes monsters hide
> in plain sight.

Second, all of this. Haylie, you might want to re-examine your personal bias when you write a defensive paraphraph about not defiling the good name of a likely child sex offender; a teacher in their late 30's who would sexually engaged with his student- But not a sentence about the child victims, student who is getting threatened and bullied for coming forward with the abuse. If you are a recent graduate I can understand this, it is hard not to see teenagers and children as true child victims when you are also young yourself. When you are going on 40 yourself, you wont be so quick to give this man a break.

Date: June 19, 2013 12:04PM

>"The impact he had on his students, and his years of hard work and dedication should not be overlooked because of one alleged mistake."

The allegations and disgusting implications should not be overlooked because he is smart and charming.

Posted by: Haylie S ()
Date: June 19, 2013 04:14PM

Neighbor Wrote:
> >"The impact he had on his students, and his years
> of hard work and dedication should not be
> overlooked because of one alleged mistake."
>
>
>
> The allegations and disgusting implications should
> not be overlooked because he is smart and
> charming.

We aren't defending him because he was simply "smart and charming." He had plenty of opportunities to take advantage of me and many other young, attractive female students that are currently defending him. But it just wasn't in his character. The boy who wrote that article about him quoted above was our school's valedictorian. Many credible sources will tell you this teacher does not deserve to be placed in the same category as some unsuspecting child molester.

If an 18 year old adult student aggresively came on to him and he gave in, that makes him nothing more than unprofessional and a bad husband. I've spoken to people who knew the girl personally, and many are saying she bragged about what happened and that is how this whole thing started. She apparently left her old school for causing another scandal there too. However these are just rumors, and I'm saying we deserve to know the actual circumstances, while still respecting the privacy of the teacher and his family.

Posted by: grow up and shut up ()
Date: June 19, 2013 04:54PM

You are young and stupid.

It is disgusting that you lack compassion for the victims.

Tell your parents what a souless person you have become.

Maybe they can fix you.

And we don't give a damn about how "entertaining" his lectures were.

What matters is that he preyed on young women.

Date: June 19, 2013 06:28PM

Earth-to-Hailey!

He was involved with "Several Students".

Here are the top 3 reasons why I sturggle having any empathy:

1)The alleged victims were children, like it or not. (I highly doubt they were all 18+. Statistically less than 13% of high school students are 18+ in June Even if the inappropriate contact only happened once with each of them last week, there is an extremly minuisclue chance they were all 18. But it probably didn't start last week considering there are multiple students. So you can throw your 18+ argument out the door right now. It is going to come out that at least a couple of these girls were under 18.

He is married with three young children, how sad.

He is a Psychology and Sociology teacher, for God's sake! If anyone should know better, this would be your man.

He has exactly 0 excuses.

Lastely, I am genuinely sorry this has impacted you.

Date: June 19, 2013 06:34PM

If he is even 5% the great man he is being described as He will come out, admit to his errors and tell you kids to stop bullying the teenage victims of all this.

Posted by: SO HE BANGED YOU? ()
Date: June 19, 2013 07:53PM

Did he bang me? Seriously? The sad part is that all of us will be remembered as "those sluts that got involved with the 'oh, so great Mr. Miarer! That man who would never do anything to hurt anyone in any way.'" People are harassing us over this. They're sending us threats and they're being total dicks about it when they don't even know half the story or even a fourth of it. People are calling us "liars, bitches, twats, dirty whores." Why? Because he was praised as the best male teacher at TC. He had a reputation for helping people out and for being that awesome teacher everybody understood AND GOT ALONG WITH. He already confessed to it. What does it matter anymore, right? But, of course, nobody believes the girls involved so why keep trying to convince them? It's not worth it.

Posted by: Double thread ()
Date: June 19, 2013 07:54PM

Try triangles for starts then candles will light up your smile lands

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/1222382.html

Posted by: Distracting thread ()
Date: June 19, 2013 08:47PM

Double Thread, Seriously? A victim posts about her abuse and bullying and you follow up with a random ass post to distract people from hearing about the abuse of public school students. Why?

SO HE BANGED YOU? ()

- It definitely matters, the truth will come out, nothing can be done against the truth.

Posted by: Haylie ()
Date: June 19, 2013 11:26PM

This is the last time I am responding to this forum, because it seems no one else here listens or respects what I have to say, and it's a waste of my time.

I never said I don't feel sorry for the girls involved in this. They do not deserve to be called sluts or liars. In fact, no woman deserves to be called a "slut," it's a very misogynistic and ignorant term.

But it seems most outsiders automatically side with them and give them all their sympathy, while they attack the teacher involved. This teacher already lost the two most important things in his life: his job, and most-likely his family (or at least his family's trust and respect.) He's suffered enough over this, and he does not deserve to be labeled as some sort of child molester. I truly hope the truth comes out about this situation. Not only so people can see his side of the story, which I am confident is more innocent than the public assumes, but so parents can ease their minds and not worry about some mythical pedophile lurking the schools.

Posted by: f-ckallofyou ()
Date: June 20, 2013 03:28AM

Even one of the "victims" responded to this thread saying the only abuse she experienced was from her fellow students. It's almost an insult to those girls to call them too immature and naive to understand what they were doing. These were 18 year old adults that made the choice to do what they did, and even though it was the teacher's responsibility to stop them, it doesn't mean they were raped.
I don't understand how complete strangers who have never met anyone involved in this and are only aware of the puny little information the press released can make these enormous blanket statements and accusations. The article did not even give a NAME, and you bored, pathetic rubberneckers have the audacity to act like you know him better than anyone.

PLEASE do something else with your time besides slandering the name of this man. This is not some Nancy Grace special made for your entertainment. This is a human being with a family and many heartsick students. If any of you had any decency you would leave it alone.

Posted by: SO HE BANGED YOU? ()
Date: June 20, 2013 07:23AM

We were under 17 when it happened, which is a bigger reason to why names can't be released

Posted by: ??????????? ()
Date: June 20, 2013 07:32AM

Did he at least give you an "A"?

Posted by: Factfactory ()
Date: June 20, 2013 09:56AM

f-ckallofyou Wrote:
> Even one of the "victims" responded to this thread
> saying the only abuse she experienced was from her
> fellow students. It's almost an insult to those
> girls to call them too immature and naive to
> understand what they were doing. These were 18
> year old adults that made the choice to do what
> they did, and even though it was the teacher's
> responsibility to stop them, it doesn't mean they
> were raped.
> I don't understand how complete strangers who have
> never met anyone involved in this and are only
> aware of the puny little information the press
> released can make these enormous blanket
> statements and accusations. The article did not
> even give a NAME, and you bored, pathetic
> rubberneckers have the audacity to act like you
> know him better than anyone.
>
> PLEASE do something else with your time besides
> slandering the name of this man. This is not some
> Nancy Grace special made for your entertainment.
> This is a human being with a family and many
> heartsick students. If any of you had any decency
> you would leave it alone.

So you come on to say that the victims are not innocent, and oh yeah- stop talking about the teacher. WTF is wrong with this world.

His name is all over the internet- mainly due to those "heartsick" students who loved him so much that they are bullying the girls and throwing his name around left and right.

Facts:

Under 18 is a child.

An adult having sexual activity with a child is not just illegal but always sick and perverse. Yes, always. Self control is a thing, ya know?

Posted by: Tman ()
Date: November 28, 2013 10:01PM

Man if you had to pick one teacher out of all the teachers at TC to be accused for something like this mr miarer would surely be your last pick. When they say he was a good teacher its a complete understatement. He was a GREAT teacher, he actually made learning the material a fun task and not a boring, tedious one. Probably the most laid back and easy going teachers i have ever had.

But he was a good looking man i guess and always had good looking girls in his class. The prissy cheerleader type, so it wouldnt suprise me one bit if it was actually the other way around and it was the girl who was falling hard and got angry when she got duped. When i was in his class literally every girl in my grade thought he was the best looking teacher and "wanted" him. So we will see how it pans out..

Posted by: Tman ()
Date: November 28, 2013 10:05PM

SO HE BANGED YOU? Wrote:
> Did he bang me? Seriously? The sad part is that
> all of us will be remembered as "those sluts that
> got involved with the 'oh, so great Mr. Miarer!
> That man who would never do anything to hurt
> anyone in any way.'" People are harassing us over
> this. They're sending us threats and they're being
> total dicks about it when they don't even know
> half the story or even a fourth of it. People are
> calling us "liars, bitches, twats, dirty whores."
> Why? Because he was praised as the best male
> teacher at TC. He had a reputation for helping
> people out and for being that awesome teacher
> everybody understood AND GOT ALONG WITH. He
> already confessed to it. What does it matter
> anymore, right? But, of course, nobody believes
> the girls involved so why keep trying to convince
> them? It's not worth it.

The thing is though..if you are actually one of the girls, you KNEW what you were doing. We arent talking about this man drugged you up and did what he wanted. This was something that you knew very well what was happening. So i dont really see how you can think your on the good side of all of this? I mean your under age persuing a 30+ yr old teacher..cmon now.

Posted by: just wondering ()
Date: November 29, 2013 08:09AM

Racial profiling? When he did that costume game, was he dressed as a gorilla?

Posted by: Amanda B ()
Date: November 29, 2013 08:18AM

I remember in HS a teacher was suspected of having sex with the students. Just because he used to give the girls neck rubs after class. He also would show up at the local swimming pool to rub suntan oil on them backs and bring them Chipotles so they didnt have to leave the pool. On homecoming night he slow danced with many of the cheerleaders but he only danced slow because his back hurt. He was really into photography and keeps pictures of many of the students, thats just his way of staying in touch.

You people need to get your minds out of the gutters.

Posted by: One of the Girls ()
Date: December 10, 2013 01:15AM

In case you haven't been updated, look up his name. He's already admitted to doing everything he's being accused of. And as for the pursuing a 30 year old male thing—no. He pursued us. He called us pretty, looked down our shirts, and flirted constantly. I fell for it, yes. And I'm not gonna act innocent. All I was saying is that we knew exactly what were doing and because of that, our lives were shit at the end of the year. So yeah, I take blame. I'm not innocent. But he was married (WAS!) and threw that away for younger girls and we were stupid enough to keep going along with him. I may have ambivalent feelings towards this but one thing I'm sure of is the fact that he didn't care about his marriage. At all. If he had, he wouldn't have gone after us the way he did. That's all I'm saying.

Posted by: Marion ()
Date: December 10, 2013 01:19AM

One of the Girls Wrote:
> In case you haven't been updated, look up his
> name. He's already admitted to doing everything
> he's being accused of. And as for the pursuing a
> 30 year old male thing—no. He pursued us. He
> called us pretty, looked down our shirts, and
> flirted constantly. I fell for it, yes. And I'm
> not gonna act innocent. All I was saying is that
> we knew exactly what were doing and because of
> that, our lives were shit at the end of the year.
> So yeah, I take blame. I'm not innocent. But he
> was married (WAS!) and threw that away for younger
> girls and we were stupid enough to keep going
> along with him. I may have ambivalent feelings
> towards this but one thing I'm sure of is the fact
> that he didn't care about his marriage. At all. If
> he had, he wouldn't have gone after us the way he
> did. That's all I'm saying.

^ Bitch set him up.

Posted by: Groveton Grad ()
Date: December 10, 2013 11:02AM

backintheday Wrote:
> Snapple Wrote:
> -----
> > backintheday Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > I graduated from T.C. Williams many many
> years
> > > ago.....back then there was a teacher who was
> > > attracted to me, but I was not aware of it.
> At
> > > graduation, she let me know she was. She
> waited
> > > until: A. I graduated and B. I was 18.
> Nothing
> > > came of it, however she had the
> professionalism
> > > and the ethics to wait until it was
> appropriate
> > to
> > > let me know. There is NO EXCUSE even if the
> > > student is of legal age for a teacher to have
> a
> > > relationship with an active student.
> >
> > So, did you hit it?
>
>
> Nah, wish I had though in retrospect of
> course..........
>
> in the 70's at Lee H.S., a teacher ended up
> getting married to a female student within months
> after she graduated. Nothing ever happened to the
> guy other than he continued to teach....

No way, I remember the same thing happened at Groveton High School (now West Potomac) and I think it was in the mid to late 70s. And the teacher continued in FCPS, retired now.

Posted by: Who cares ()
Date: December 10, 2013 12:12PM

You all need to get a life.

Posted by: Accurate Reporting ()
Date: December 10, 2013 12:58PM

The Ghost of Jack Dale Wrote:
> Something tells me this had something to with
> basketball or volleyball as opposed to chess or
> debate.
>
> GO TC WILLIAMS!
>
> SCHOOL SPIRIT!
>
> JACK DALE!
>
> SHARON BULOVA!

TURF TURF TURF

Did they "do it" on a turf field? If so, you can just bet Ryan McElveen will be putting spin on it! Patty Reed won't respond, but Tammy Kaufax might.

Is this one of the benefits of turf fields? A venue for tawdry sex?!

Posted by: One of the Girls ()
Date: December 11, 2013 02:37AM

Sure. I set him up. Of course. Why not? Because, you know, it was me who told everybody and not those two junior girls. Go fuck yourself. I'm done.

Posted by: SAVAGE SAUCE ()
Date: June 26, 2014 07:22PM

HE JIHH LIKE A COOL MAN .... THIS SHIT WAS SO UNEXPECTED BUT THEN AGAIN GUYS ARE PIGS THEY ALL HAVE THERE BREAKING POINT SO YOU CANT REALLY BE SURPRISED.... HE STILL A COOL MAN DOE GOTTA GIVE EM THAT.. THE GIRLS COULDA SAID NO TOO SO THATS ALSO ON THEM ..... I WAS A FORMER STUDENT BTW.

Posted by: From the future ()
Date: July 17, 2021 11:09PM

Almost 10 years later and to all of those that you wish he wasn’t still considered a predator, it didn’t really aged well. He’s now more of a forgotten person who cares about him. Right. No one talks about him and if he is remembered by a few he will always be remembered for that exact moment. So in other words go f++k yourself Stephen Miarer you pedophile offender.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.