HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Fairfax City Mayor Scott Silverthorne Meth-for-Sex Arrest Followed 14 Years Living a 'Double Life'
Posted by: Fox News ()
Date: June 13, 2017 01:20PM

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Virginia-Mayors-Meth-for-Sex-Arrest-Followed-14-Years-Living-a-Double-Life-428075313.html

For 14 years, the former mayor of Fairfax, Virginia, lived a double life as a methamphetamine addict – until he got caught in August.

Friday, Scott Silverthorne walked out of prison after serving three months for drug distribution. He was sentenced to five years with all but three months suspended and was released on time served. He had been in prison since March, when he pleaded guilty.

"A good 14 years or so I have been using drugs ... but I was meticulous, I was careful until eventually I got caught,” he said. “But the reality was that I never let it interfere with my city duties."

In August, police caught him in a sting outside a Tysons hotel. He handed over meth to two undercover cops.

“I handed it to them, and they held it up, and I thought, something’s not right,” he said. “And then within a literal split second, they both jumped out of the car, and two or three SUVs descended on the car that I was sitting in.”
Silverthorne connected with them through a gay dating website. He said they enticed him to bring less than a gram of meth for the meeting, to which he agreed.

“I said from the very beginning, I want to accept responsibility for what I did, but I also want to make sure people know what I didn’t do,” he said.

A three-term mayor, he resigned after his arrest.

Friday he said his arrest was a life-saving wake-up call.

“I used that term, a double life, and a couple people, when I spoke outside the courthouse the other day, said to me, ‘Why are you using that term?’ Let me just say because, I don’t think people really knew the real Scott Silverthorne,” he said.

The story got national attention, with Silverthorne becoming known as the mayor caught in a meth-for-group-sex scandal.
He wanted to speak to reporters, his community, but his attorney advised him to keep quiet.

“I’ve known him since he was little boy, when his dad was mayor, quite frankly,” attorney Brian Drummond said. “He called and started to tell me what was going on, and I said, ‘Yeah, you’re going to need a lawyer.’”

To protect the case, Drummond didn’t want his client talking to the press, but he also feared isolation and humiliation would get to Silverthorne.

“My attorney called me numerous times worried that I might do something crazy,” he said.

Silverthorne said he never considered taking his own life.

Throughout the court proceedings, a team of supporters flocked by his side.

As mayor, he said he always tried to treat people well – no matter their job.

“I think it’s karma. I think it came back to me. I was surprised,” he said. “It’s really easy for people to desert people, it’s easy, and I had a few, there’s no question, but very few. Now, I’m not naive. I know if I screw up again, they won’t be there for me, so I have to be careful. But I also know that people are rooting for me.”

In jail, Silverthorne received hundreds of letters of support. At sentencing
Friday, the judge made Silverthorne turn and look at his supporters to acknowledge what more he could lose if it happens again.
As for a political comeback, Silverthorne said, “Let me put it this way: I learned a long time ago never say never, and there’ve been plenty of politicians who’ve done what I’ve done or something similar and have come back. I have spent my entire adult life working for the citizens of Fairfax City. I’m ready to move on.”

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fairfax City Mayor Scott Silverthorne Meth-for-Sex Arrest Followed 14 Years Living a 'Double Life'
Posted by: Double Life ()
Date: June 13, 2017 01:38PM

"As for a political comeback, Silverthorne said, “Let me put it this way: I learned a long time ago never say never, and there’ve been plenty of politicians who’ve done what I’ve done or something similar and have come back. I have spent my entire adult life working for the citizens of Fairfax City. I’m ready to move on.”

He will be running for mayor next election and the idiots in Fairfax will elect him. #mayorforlife

Re: Fairfax City Mayor Scott Silverthorne Meth-for-Sex Arrest Followed 14 Years Living a 'Double Life'
Posted by: Hermione ()
Date: June 13, 2017 02:09PM

Yep, look at what DC did with Mayor "Crackhead" Barry.

Posted by: Double-headed dildo ()
Date: June 13, 2017 02:47PM

Once convicted, it qualifies him to run the DNC!

Posted by: Fox News ()
Date: June 13, 2017 11:28PM

Double Life Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "As for a political comeback, Silverthorne said,
> “Let me put it this way: I learned a long time
> ago never say never, and there’ve been plenty of
> politicians who’ve done what I’ve done or
> something similar and have come back. I have spent
> my entire adult life working for the citizens of
> Fairfax City. I’m ready to move on.”
>
> He will be running for mayor next election and the
> idiots in Fairfax will elect him. #mayorforlife

#Marion Barry

Posted by: heylookatme ()
Date: June 14, 2017 12:52AM

file.php?2,file=252863,filename=image.jp

Posted by: Two ()
Date: June 14, 2017 07:30AM

heylookatme Wrote:
> src=http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/file.p
> hp?2,file=252863,filename=image.jpeg>

My daddy has two penises! One that he goes pee-pee with, and one that he brushes my mayor's teeth with.

Posted by: Fairfax Meth DEM ()
Date: July 20, 2017 01:44PM

So is he in jail? Latest article I could find said he was taken into custody at the June 9th hearing and that he'll have to serve 85% of whatever sentence is handed to him.

Posted by: Tim Kaines lover ()
Date: July 20, 2017 02:56PM

This meth faggg has thick skin to run again for mayor.

He's like Virginias own Anthony wiener.

Wish he would get back on meth and go out like David carradine.

­
Posted by: chuckhoffmann ()
Date: July 20, 2017 03:03PM

­

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2017 07:06PM by chuckhoffmann.

Posted by: causeican ()
Date: July 20, 2017 04:54PM

favors

Posted by: news got it backwards ()
Date: July 20, 2017 05:16PM

I am confused about the sex-for-drugs explanation. That would only make sense if he was getting drugs from others in exchange for giving them sex. But in this case he already had the drugs, so why was he giving them away for sex?

The story does not add up. He was a drug dealer not a crack hoe.

Posted by: 9DVC9 ()
Date: July 20, 2017 06:51PM

news got it backwards Wrote:
> I am confused about the sex-for-drugs explanation.
> That would only make sense if he was getting
> drugs from others in exchange for giving them sex.
> But in this case he already had the drugs, so why
> was he giving them away for sex?
>
> The story does not add up. He was a drug dealer
> not a crack hoe.

He is a butt crack hoe.

Posted by: Older Man 2 ()
Date: July 20, 2017 11:28PM

Was he convicted of a felony (I thought so but my follow up research is inconclusive at this point)?

Can a convicted felon run for and potentially be elected for public office in the Commonwealth of Virginia?

And finally, is he really looking to run for mayor again? We didn't learn our lesson with Mr. Barry?

­
Posted by: chuckhoffmann ()
Date: July 21, 2017 01:07AM

­

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2017 05:40PM by chuckhoffmann.

Posted by: How sorry ()
Date: July 21, 2017 05:52AM

chuckhoffmann Wrote:
> Fairfax Meth DEM Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > So is he in jail? Latest article I could find
> said
> > he was taken into custody at the June 9th
> hearing
> > and that he'll have to serve 85% of whatever
> > sentence is handed to him.
>
> He walked at his June 9th hearing. Judge sentenced
> him to five years, but suspended all of it except
> for 3 months, which was his time served.

Silverthorne is so sorry.... that he got caught. Born politician.

Posted by: how'd that work out ()
Date: July 21, 2017 05:54AM

chuckhoffmann Wrote:
> Older Man 2 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Was he convicted of a felony (I thought so but
> my
> > follow up research is inconclusive at this
> > point)?
> >
> > Can a convicted felon run for and potentially
> be
> > elected for public office in the Commonwealth
> of
> > Virginia?
> >
> > And finally, is he really looking to run for
> mayor
> > again? We didn't learn our lesson with Mr.
> Barry?
>
> Silverthorne pleaded guilty to one felony count of
> distributing methamphetamine.
>
> As a convicted felon, Silverthorne is ineligible
> to run for public office in Virginia unless he has
> his civil rights restored, which is a prerogative
> of the governor. (Fast Terry's restoration of
> civil rights to 200,000 convicted felons in April
> 2016 was widely seen as a move to swing the state
> for Hillary Clinton in the presidential
> election.)
>
> Silverthorne's public optimism notwithstanding,
> even once he gets his civil rights restored
> there's no way he'll ever be elected mayor again.

And we're supposed to be ok with all this?

Posted by: He served three months ()
Date: June 19, 2021 05:18PM

That's a longtime for someone like him

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.