HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Dumpster Diveing
Posted by: Freegan ()
Date: May 06, 2012 07:41AM

Are there any good places to dumpster dive in Fairfax? Does anybody know anyone who dumpster dives? What are the laws?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dumpster Diveing
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: May 06, 2012 07:55AM

Freegan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Are there any good places to dumpster dive in
> Fairfax?

George Bush Center for Intelligence.

> Does anybody know anyone who dumpster
> dives?

Chuckhoffmann said he dumpster dives extensively.....but he doesn't dumpster dive looking for documents and memos, I think he said he searches the dumpsters behind grocery stores and bakeries.

Posted by: tinkerer ()
Date: May 06, 2012 09:09AM

Dumpster diving in a techie area (techie as in hardware-techie, not necessarily software-techie) can be way cool; it's pretty amazing what companies will throw out that "you and I" would consider WAY valuable but they consider too-costly-to-use/recycle.

========

A long time ago (a LONG time ago...) my older brother worked at a Montgomery Wards (for those NOT in the know - sorta like Sears). Anyway, the store had a BUNCH of sewing machines that were prior-years' models that they were told to trash. To do so they whacked each one on the end then simply threw them in the dumpster. My bro pulled, like, three out of the dumpster, brought them home, and said "Here - can you make one workable?". I took two apart and made them "like new", the third actually WAS damaged beyond easy repair - I suspect the whacker just got tired of whacking and just chucked the remaining one in the trash.

Another long time ago I dumpster dived behind an electronics-using/making building and recovered oodles of mil-spec sockets/plugs, switches, "racks", meters of multi-conductor shielded cabling, etc etc etc, all of which probably amounted to hundreds - if not thousands - of dollars were I to buy them on the open market, even the surplus open market.

============

Bottomline - dumpster diving is cool.

Posted by: Dumpster Diving ()
Date: May 06, 2012 09:11AM

Behind a Sports Authority or Dick's Sporting Goods. Sometimes when they have slightly damaged items such as roller blades or skates, they'll spray paint them and then throw them out in the dumpster. Otherwise they're just fine.

Re: Robert Gryck thief liar con man
Posted by: rocafella ()
Date: May 06, 2012 10:09AM

last I heard Robert Gryck was heading down south after ripping off his girl friend for tens of thousands of dollars, prior to that he bilked his wife out of 80k while shacking up with his mistress at the same time.

He was a real mooch if ya know what I mean... and all you ladies better listen, Robert Gryck not only snitched his best friend out who went to prison for 10 years but, he also burglarized countless homes mostly consisting of people that were easy pray to him, if you know what I mean... staking out his friends in Rockland county New York while getting them drunk, he would rip them off blind. up to a few years ago I heard he was on the run from the cops. He really is a dangerous man and if your in a relationship with him and he asks you to register a car for him, don't.
He conned my girlfriend into that and it was the worst mistake she ever made. Once a crack head, always a crack head. Robert Gryck started his own painting business and soon was ripping off his customers by not showing up to finnish jobs, he would get cracked up with the deposit and hardly show up for work. He put my girlfriend through living hell. He bragged about how rich he was and all the while it was to gain access to her good name and once she trusted him, it was a disaster. he got into car accidents all the time driving drunk and on crack and coke and his dad would bail him out or his mom or some poor victim like my another girlfriend Lisa, he did the same to her. No girl should trust this clown, and whoever is with him now should run like hell. Bob is physically abusive, just ask his former wife and mistress.

It is not easy writing this about someone, it takes courage to come forward and I am only doing this so others wont have to suffer at his scams. He is probably roaming the south, he always said southerners were easy targets and is extremely racist. I remember him telling my girlfriend a story how he struck some kid in a car one night and took off, he would laugh about it as though he had no soul. This is a wicked, calculated man of many devices, sad to say he is probably found some woman who took him in and is impressed by his lack of education and overly obnoxious juvenile behavior that is forsaken by age 15 in most normal individuals.

unfortunatly Rober gryck needs serious inpatient treatment for numerous mental heath disorders however, because he is a functioning addict at the direction of his lowlife father, a dog breeder, he is able to continue his rouge on mostly domesticated women. He prefers those that will bow to his bravado of aggressive behavior though humiliations and acts of our of control temper tantrums mostly lies to create, pity from his spouse who he in return will verbally abuse until he strikes. Robert Gryck has a long line of domestic related arrests, he beat the hell out of my girlfriend regularly until i got fed up and called the cops on his ass myself after smacking around his wife in front of my girlfriends daughter.

How much to paint your house Priapus, that would depend how much you had for Robert Gryck the painter to steal. When he steals its not obvious for some time, he makes you wonder if you misplaced your jewelry, or your cash. All along this scumbag has gotten you good, and gotten long away.

I am glad your not in New York, many of us can sleep allot better, many women can rest and heal from your physical and emotional abuse. Your not a fucking man, your a fucking pussy. You'll beat the shit out of a woman, but you aint got the balls of a real man. A real man is soft and gentile and tender hearted, a hard worker, a real man would never do those things to a woman. You blackened both your wifes eyes because she would not register a car for you. You ass hole, she is much better off without your ass bitch.

Re: Robert Gryck thief liar con man
Posted by: rockerpannel ()
Date: May 06, 2012 10:10AM

Robert B. Gryck is a snitching dime dropper thats for sure, just pull up a background search on em from the internet. He jumps from state to state with a criminal rap sheet that dates back to the 80's. "Vexxxed" is the proper name for a scumbag that would stoolee on his friends. There is no greater love then a man that would lay his life down for his friends and Vexxxed (Robert Gryck) is not one of those thats for sure.

NCRC: Database Retrieval Server Find Auto Update://http:www.autocrawl.Robert Gryck Criminal History send-back/Rockland County Hall of Records/+RCDA file search/public records People of the State Of New York vs. Robert Gryck/AKA Robert Ward/ Guilty Plea Rockland County Court 1988>>>//Plea to testify against defendant Michael Prisco//AKA?none//>hobs update clue report://File Robert Gryck? auto return{Plea Barg}=yes//Testimony on record Robert Gryck States Witness//=yes>>plea excepted Rockland County District Attorney+//1yrs5yrsprob=/>>plea for reduced sentence>>testimony public record sendback via portal http//ww2.NCRC Database Retrieval Server auto find update complete.

The afore mentioned information was compiled auto find auto update complete. This update will be publish through google,yahoo,msn,bing all relevant court documents related to The People of The State of New York vs. Robert Gryck plea to become states witness Rockland County District Attorney.

Robert Gryck listed as States witness against Michael Prisco Co-Defendant.

I spotted this on another thread and though it would be a good conversation regarding snitches who change the story around to stay under the radar of being called a snitch. You can move as far as the east is from the west now and your reputation will follow you, thank you internet.

Posted by: hayyy ()
Date: May 07, 2012 10:31AM

trader joes

Posted by: LetsRock ()
Date: May 07, 2012 01:22PM

My wife worked at a luxury retailer at the Tyson's Galleria. They had a $15K coat that a customer never picked up that was not in their inventory. The corporate office in Italy had them toss it into the dumpster behind the store. It was brand new.

Posted by: What ()
Date: May 08, 2012 04:27AM

Fucking your wife was sooooooo good. The stories she made up! I actually once fucked her in the dumpster. And I mean both the big metal thing and not the big metal thing.

Posted by: SiriusB ()
Date: May 19, 2012 01:39AM

There was a guy in the mid-90s that made regular weekly dumpster diving rounds through the dumpsters behind the business buildings along the Sunrise Valley Drive. When caught by Security one night and questioned, the story came out that he was a teacher looking for computer equipment that he said he would take back to poor school districts in Appalachia. Considering the large amount of such stuff thrown out by the company I was employed at during that time (early 90's) he might have also been racking up a fortune selling it on EBay (he MAY have been doing a favor to the mountain folks schools, but dumpster diving all night like that just for charity purposes and having to go to work the next day as a teacher somehow didn't sound like he was being totally truthful!

Posted by: Bozodog ()
Date: May 19, 2012 10:54AM

Friend has a beach house that is furnished very nicely, for a party place. There is some very nice art on the walls.. all of the art is from the dumpster at Michael's, framing jobs that were never picked up.. looks great in a beach house.

Also.. was in the West Ox "dump" (8 years ago) when a truck full of furnature from a closed "Dot Com" office in Reston was being unloaded.. Got a brand new, tags still on it, conferance room chair (sitting on it now) and a $400+ custom mail cart that now holds two welders (big old stick & new little MIG)and associated tools..

Posted by: Guest ()
Date: May 19, 2012 07:41PM

Bozodog, I got a confrence chair from the dump probably around 8-10 years ago also, it's still sitting in my room. I actually picked up 2 of those bad boys.

Re: Dumpster Diveing Bob Gryck
Posted by: steamboat charlie ()
Date: May 20, 2012 03:08PM

Robert Gryck breeder
Robert Gryck pon breeders son abuses women
6th of May, 2012 by Applied Sciences
last I heard Robert Gryck was heading down south after ripping off his girl friend for tens of thousands of dollars, prior to that he bilked his wife out of 80k while shacking up with his mistress at the same time.

He was a real mooch if ya know what I mean... and all you ladies better listen, Robert Gryck not only snitched his best friend out who went to prison for 10 years but, he also burglarized countless homes mostly consisting of people that were easy pray to him, if you know what I mean... staking out his friends in Rockland county New York while getting them drunk, he would rip them off blind. up to a few years ago I heard he was on the run from the cops. He really is a dangerous man and if your in a relationship with him and he asks you to register a car for him, don't.
He conned my girlfriend into that and it was the worst mistake she ever made. Once a crack head, always a crack head. Robert Gryck started his own painting business and soon was ripping off his customers by not showing up to finnish jobs, he would get cracked up with the deposit and hardly show up for work. He put my girlfriend through living hell. He bragged about how rich he was and all the while it was to gain access to her good name and once she trusted him, it was a disaster. he got into car accidents all the time driving drunk and on crack and coke and his dad would bail him out or his mom or some poor victim like my another girlfriend Lisa, he did the same to her. No girl should trust this clown, and whoever is with him now should run like hell. Bob is physically abusive, just ask his former wife and mistress.

It is not easy writing this about someone, it takes courage to come forward and I am only doing this so others wont have to suffer at his scams. He is probably roaming the south, he always said southerners were easy targets and is extremely racist. I remember him telling my girlfriend a story how he struck some kid in a car one night and took off, he would laugh about it as though he had no soul. This is a wicked, calculated man of many devices, sad to say he is probably found some woman who took him in and is impressed by his lack of education and overly obnoxious juvenile behavior that is forsaken by age 15 in most normal individuals.

unfortunatly Rober gryck needs serious inpatient treatment for numerous mental heath disorders however, because he is a functioning addict at the direction of his lowlife father, a dog breeder, he is able to continue his rouge on mostly domesticated women. He prefers those that will bow to his bravado of aggressive behavior though humiliations and acts of our of control temper tantrums mostly lies to create, pity from his spouse who he in return will verbally abuse until he strikes. Robert Gryck has a long line of domestic related arrests, he beat the hell out of my girlfriend regularly until i got fed up and called the cops on his ass myself after smacking around his wife in front of my girlfriends daughter.

How much to paint your house Priapus, that would depend how much you had for Robert Gryck the painter to steal. When he steals its not obvious for some time, he makes you wonder if you misplaced your jewelry, or your cash. All along this scumbag has gotten you good, and gotten long away.

I am glad your not in New York, many of us can sleep allot better, many women can rest and heal from your physical and emotional abuse. Your not a fucking man, your a fucking pussy. You'll beat the shit out of a woman, but you aint got the balls of a real man. A real man is soft and gentile and tender hearted, a hard worker, a real man would never do those things to a woman. You blackened both your wifes eyes because she would not register a car for you. You ass hole, she is much better off without your ass bitch.

Posted by: BEST WINGS ()
Date: May 20, 2012 03:44PM

Freegan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Are there any good places to dumpster dive in
> Fairfax? Does anybody know anyone who dumpster
> dives? What are the laws?

kilroys.

Posted by: DinaD ()
Date: May 16, 2021 04:15PM

I thought this was supposed to be about dumpster diving? Not some long ass story of some crackhead go somewhere else with that, people on this thread want info on dumpster diving, I mean like WTF?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.