HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
"Flight Indoor Trampoline Park" Open in Springfield?
Posted by: 2Concerned2Quit ()
Date: March 04, 2014 09:38AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: "Flight Indoor Trampoline Park" Open in Springfield?
Posted by: uNyF6 ()
Date: March 04, 2014 09:55AM

I'm sure they've got a pretty airtight contract you have to sign in order to use their stuff. Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely taking the kids there.

Posted by: Judge Dredd ()
Date: March 04, 2014 10:09AM

uNyF6 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm sure they've got a pretty airtight contract
> you have to sign in order to use their stuff.
> Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely taking the kids
> there.

There are no such 'airtight' contracts.

Although some may try, you can't really just contract away liability like that, even for disclosed risks. Not to mention those which are not disclosed and claimed.

Posted by: Odd stuff ()
Date: March 04, 2014 10:16AM

The parents in nova are insane with their love of backyard trampolines. Must be a military thing

Posted by: dMbEt ()
Date: March 04, 2014 10:18AM

Judge Dredd Wrote:
> There are no such 'airtight' contracts.

Tell that to the Devil.

Posted by: some guy ()
Date: March 04, 2014 10:22AM

Here it is:

SPRINGFIELD TRAMPOLINE PARK, LLC d/b/a FLIGHT TRAMPOLINE PARK
PERPETUAL PARTICIPANT AGREEMENT, RELEASE AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK

NOTICE: READ THIS FORM COMPLETELY AND CAREFULLY.

In consideration of being allowed to use the facility and to participate in the services and activities,
including, but not limited to, trampoline park access, trampoline dodge ball, trampoline basketball, aerial training, fitness classes, trampoline courts, foam pit activities, snack bar access and any other amusement activities (collectively, “ACTIVITIES”) provided by SPRINGFIELD TRAMPOLINE PARK, LLC, operator of FLIGHT TRAMPOLINE PARK, its agents, owners, officers, volunteers, participants, employees, and all other persons or entities acting in any capacity on their behalf (hereinafter collectively referred to as "STP"), I, on behalf of myself, and/or on behalf of my minor child(ren)/ward(s) hereby agree to, and do forever release, indemnify, hold harmless and discharge STP, on behalf of myself, my spouse, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate as follows:

(1) ACKNOWLEDGEMENT, UNDERSTANDING AND APPRECIATION OF THE RISKS: I acknowledge, understand and appreciate that my participation in the ACTIVITIES entails known and unanticipated risks that could result in death, serious physical or emotional injury, paralysis, or damage to me, to property, or to third parties. I understand that such risks simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity. The risks include, among other things: slipping and falling; collision with fixed objects or people; injuries caused by stepping on or falling on equipment or items that have fallen from or were dropped by myself or another participant; injuries including, sprains, fractures, scrapes, bruises and cuts, dislocations, pinched fingers and serious injuries to the head, back, or neck; injuries arising out of the negligence of or otherwise caused by other participants or myself; injuries due to my own physical or mental condition or any medical condition I may have whether known or unknown; injuries due to physical contact with others, including the risk of contracting illness or coming into contact with germs, bacteria or fungi whether by contact with equipment or with another participant, and any and all risks associated with exercise, physical exertion and physical activities (hereinafter referred to collectively as the “RISKS”).

(2) ASSUMPTION OF THE RISK. I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the RISKS. My participation in activities at STP is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate in spite of the RISKS.

YOU ARE AGREEING TO ENGAGE IN A POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS ACTIVITY OR TO LET YOUR MINOR CHILD(REN)/WARD(S) ENGAGE IN A POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS ACTIVITY. YOU ARE AGREEING THAT, EVEN IF STP USES REASONABLE CARE IN PROVIDING THIS ACTIVITY, THERE IS A CHANCE YOU OR YOUR CHILD(REN)/WARD(S) MAY BE SERIOUSLY INJURED OR KILLED BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS ACTIVITY BECAUSE THERE ARE CERTAIN DANGERS INHERENT IN THE ACTIVITY WHICH CANNOT BE AVOIDED OR ELIMINATED. BY SIGNING THIS FORM YOU ARE GIVING UP YOUR CHIL(REN)’S/WARD’(S’) RIGHT AND YOUR RIGHT TO RECOVER FROM STP IN A LAWSUIT FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH TO YOU OR YOUR CHILD(REN)/WARD(S), OR ANY PROPERTY DAMAGE, THAT RESULTS FROM THESE RISKS. YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE TO SIGN THIS FORM, AND STP HAS THE RIGHT TO REFUSE TO LET YOU OR YOUR CHILD(REN)/WARD(S) PARTICIPATE IF YOU DO NOT SIGN THIS FORM.

(3) RELEASE OF LIABILITY. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless STP from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with my or my child(ren)/ward(s)s participation in activities at STP or my or my child(ren)’s/ward’(s’) use of STP's equipment or facilities, including, to the extent permitted by law, any such claims which allege negligent acts or omissions of STP. I understand that this perpetual release/waiver will apply to each and every occasion that I or my child(ren)/ward(s) visit an STP facility.

(4) ATTORNEYS’ FEES, INSURANCE. Should STP or anyone acting on its behalf, be required to incur attorneys’ fees and costs to enforce this agreement, including but not limited to, attorneys’ fees and costs incurred to defend against claims brought by me, or on behalf of my child(ren)/ward(s), or by third parties, I agree to indemnify and hold STP or anyone acting on its behalf harmless for all such fees and costs. I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself.

(5) PHOTO RELEASE: By entering STP and participating in the ACTIVITIES, I hereby grant STP on behalf of myself and on behalf of my child(ren)/ward(s), the irrevocable right and permission to photograph and/or record me or my child(ren)/ward(s) in connection with STP and to use the photograph and/or recording for all purposes, including advertising and promotional purposes, in any manner and in any media now or hereafter known, in perpetuity throughout the world, without restriction as to alteration. I waive any right to inspect or approve the use of the photograph and/or recording, and acknowledge and agree that the rights granted to this release are without compensation of any kind.

(6) APPLICABLE LAW/VENUE/ARBITRATION. Any controversy between the parties hereto involving any claim arising out of or relating to use of the facilities, participation in the ACTIVITIES, or otherwise arising out of or relating to this agreement shall be submitted to and be settled by final and binding arbitration in Prince William County, Virginia, in accordance with the then current Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association. In the event of litigation to enforce arbitration or settlement between the parties to this agreement, or in the event arbitration is not available, I agree to venue in the Courts of Prince William County in the Commonwealth of Virginia, and I further agree that the substantive law of Virginia shall apply in that action without regard to the conflict of law rules of that state. I agree and understand that this agreement is intended to be as broad and as inclusive as permitted by law in the Commonwealth of Virginia and if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining document shall remain in full force and effect. By signing this document, I understand that I may be found by a court of law to have forever waived my and my child(ren)/ward(s) right to maintain any action against STP on the basis of any claim from which I have released STP and any released party herein. I have had reasonable and sufficient opportunity to read and understand this entire document and consult with legal counsel, or have voluntarily waived my right to do so. I knowingly and voluntarily agree to be bound by all of the terms and conditions set forth herein. I represent that I have the actual authority to and do hereby enter into this agreement on behalf of, and as an authorized agent, parent or legal guardian of any child(ren)/ward(s) listed on this agreement. I have read and knowingly and voluntarily have signed this agreement and specifically the release contained herein and further agree that no oral representations, statements or inducements have been made to me.

By signing below, I affirm, understand and agree to the above terms in their entirety.

I HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THIS DOCUMENT IS ELECTRONICALLY SIGNED AND THAT IN ACCORDANCE WITH CHAPTER 42.1 OF THE CODE OF VIRGINIA, THIS DOCUMENT IS VALID AND MAY BE ENFORCED IN THE SAME MANNER AS A HAND-SIGNED DOCUMENT THAT EXISTS IN PHYSICAL FORM. I ALSO EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE THE VALIDITY OF THE ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE APPENDED TO THIS DOCUMENT, WHICH WAS MADE BY ME ON THE DATE THIS FORM WAS ELECTRONICALLY SUBMITTED. I FURTHER AGREE THAT I HAVE KNOWINGLY AND
EXPLICITLY WAIVED ANY RIGHT TO CLAIM THIS DOCUMENT IS INVALID OR IS UNENFORCEABLE BASED ON (1) THE FACT THAT THIS DOCUMENT EXISTS IN ELECTRONIC FORM OR (2) THE FACT THAT THIS DOCUMENT IS SIGNED
ELECTRONICALLY.

First Name:John W Last Name: Gacey

Birth Date: 1/1/1900 Phone: 1234567890 Email:boys@aol.com

WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REVIEW YOUR DRIVER’S LICENSE AND/OR OTHER FORMS OF ID TO VERIFY IDENTITY
AND AGE.

Posted by: Bounceville Returns ()
Date: March 04, 2014 10:23AM

After a 50 + year recovery from when libality lawyers were invented.

Bounceville was a outdoor trampoline place in California in 1962 concrete outdoor pits with trampolines pulled over them, You bounced off the tramp onto the concrete around the pit, or you stepped thru the springs on the side ripping your shank.They did not last long

today I have noticed they cover the springs with padding and the edges so it will be much safer.

Posted by: Nig Nog ()
Date: March 04, 2014 12:26PM

What could possibly go wrong?

Posted by: NOVA.Parent ()
Date: March 04, 2014 01:26PM

Regardless of whether the kids stay on the trampolines or not...what's to stop some aggressive, brown, savage, illegal, unsupervised, mud-child from flinging himself horizontally feet first into a perfectly good white kid's head and rendering him a vegetable? There's no point in suing those Julios because they have...no...money...Meanwhile, the facility will have just enough plausible deniability to avoid being fiscally responsible either. If you take your kids there, and I wouldn't...you'd better hire a 5 man film crew to cover their activities there. You may need the footage at trial later.

Also, I would advise whenever possible when asked to sign a waiver of any kind to not sign your own name...Oh sure, they'll have you on their camera entering the place and maybe even a long view shot of you at the counter "signing" the waiver but when it comes to trial time...they won't be able to produce a waiver with your signature on it. Most teenagers that work at these places will simply not take the time to verify that they've got a valid signature matched to the person in front of them. But if your name's Roger Smith...and you sign it Robert Smyth...well, there you go...

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: March 04, 2014 01:35PM

Trampolines are a BLAST.

Overprotective parents SUCK.

Have fun.

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Posted by: LetsRock ()
Date: March 04, 2014 02:14PM

Odd stuff Wrote:
> The parents in nova are insane with their love of
> backyard trampolines. Must be a military thing

It is a redneck thing.

Posted by: 9MNct ()
Date: March 04, 2014 02:21PM

i'm suing them for making it and giving it a license for use

before the first nigga sues the county for having it

fuck them

Posted by: Registered+Voter ()
Date: March 04, 2014 02:48PM

Will they require ID?

Posted by: House of Bounce ()
Date: March 29, 2021 02:58PM

Amologaciya Wrote:
> Please tell me what kind of trampoline should I
> buy for my child? It's getting warmer and he asks
> me to buy him a trampoline

One that you can set up on the edge of a cliff. You can bounce for a while and then take a final bounce over the edge and fall to your death. That is my recommendation for you.

Posted by: bring your lawyer ()
Date: March 29, 2021 04:34PM

Judge Dredd Wrote:
> uNyF6 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I'm sure they've got a pretty airtight contract
> > you have to sign in order to use their stuff.
> > Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely taking the
> kids
> > there.
>
>
> There are no such 'airtight' contracts.
>
> Although some may try, you can't really just
> contract away liability like that, even for
> disclosed risks. Not to mention those which are
> not disclosed and claimed.

You should read the waiver you sign to ski. It basically says you will probably die.

Posted by: Go Army....... ()
Date: March 29, 2021 05:05PM

bring your lawyer Wrote:
>
>
> You should read the waiver you sign to ski. It
> basically says you will probably die.

When I was in the Army in Colorado we got a long weekend for some holiday. Normally before long weekends, the Company Commander would have an all-hands and tell us about being safe, and how our body belongs to the Army and if we damage it doing something stupid we would be punished and the Army didn't have to pay for our medical care. Guess what he did that weekend. He went skiing and ended up breaking his leg. So our first day back after the long weekend he shows up on crutches with a full leg cast.....and some humble pie!!!!

Posted by: They need several forms Of ID ()
Date: March 29, 2021 08:36PM

Cause you not there to vote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.