HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Foodie Free-for-All: self-appointed restaurant critics and food commentators
Posted by: wannabe critics ()
Date: July 29, 2014 10:33AM

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/05/01/AR2009050101901.html

"Heflin is greatly embarrassed by this, calling me several times in the next few days to insist that this has never happened before. He worries that I'll get the wrong impression -- that he likes to draw attention to himself or considers himself a reviewer."

The people in this article take themselves WAY to seriously. Who calls a reporter "several times" in a few days to talk about online reviews?

Have you ever heard of these folks? Do their opinions carry much weight?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Foodie Free-for-All: self-appointed restaurant critics and food commentators
Posted by: Sonny Drysdale ()
Date: July 29, 2014 12:01PM

You cared enough to dig up an article from 2009

Re: Foodie Free-for-All: self-appointed restaurant critics and food commentators
Posted by: frak_u_icehole ()
Date: July 29, 2014 01:53PM

foodie
A dumbed-down term used by corporate marketing forces to infantilize and increase consumerism in an increasingly simple-minded American magazine reading audience. The addition of the long "e" sound on the end of a common word is used to create the sensation of being part of a group in isolationist urban society, while also feminizing the term to subconsciously foster submission to ever-present market sources.

Though the terms "gastronome" and "epicure" define the same thing, i.e. a person who enjoys food for pleasure, these words are perceived by the modern American consumer as elitist due to their latin root forms and polysyllabic pronunciations.

Also spelled "foody"
This newest repackaging of Third World derived ingredients in the latest Trader Joe's product is ever so delicious and different, it's really made for all you foodies out there to BUY NOW!

Posted by: The Mike O'Meara Show ()
Date: July 29, 2014 04:50PM

Except for Sonny Drysdale, why don't you folks just suck my cock?

Posted by: Mike Sucks ()
Date: July 29, 2014 04:53PM

I heard it had shriveled up from disuse.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.