HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
My house was not even on the market and a local realtor called and made me an offer I cannot refuse
Posted by: Fairfax down home ()
Date: January 09, 2021 08:37AM

Some very wealthy person from Connecticut wants my house for some reason. My house is worth between 700 and 800, these people offered me 1.2 million! I was not planning on moving but I can't turn this down. Am I missing something here? I live in the Oakton area.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My house was not even on the market and a local realtor called and made me an offer I cannot refuse
Posted by: Fairfax ReMax ()
Date: January 09, 2021 08:48AM

Do not respond to unsolicited offers. Naturally, if they sound too good to be true, your natural response is going to "Yes! Lucky me!" We have seen these approaches many times. At a minimum your identity will be stolen. As well, they will squirrel into your personal finances and take everything they can.

You have been warned.

Re: My house was not even on the market and a local realtor called and made me an offer I cannot refuse
Posted by: fairfax fred ()
Date: January 09, 2021 08:56AM

Fairfax down home Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Some very wealthy person from Connecticut wants my
> house for some reason. My house is worth between
> 700 and 800, these people offered me 1.2 million!
> I was not planning on moving but I can't turn this
> down. Am I missing something here? I live in the
> Oakton area.

Hire a good attorney to check this out before making a move. This happened a lot in Vienna a few years ago. People are after your lot in most cases. They tear down your house and dispose of it. My niece got one of these offers and it was legit, she made a extra 350k off of her house.

Posted by: RE Atty ()
Date: January 09, 2021 09:15AM

Scam. You've been warned!

Posted by: Xrey ()
Date: January 09, 2021 09:41AM

Same thing happening lots in South Arlington. Tons of small, older homes selling for extra 100k’s above present tax values.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.