HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
McDonalds Cash Only
Posted by: bbw ()
Date: December 14, 2010 05:38PM

My friend and I work in the same building and commute everyday together. Sometimes after work we go to McDonalds in Vienna on 123 thats right next to the car wash. Everytime a certain employee works he tells us that the credit card machine is down and they only take cash and he never gives us a receipt even when we ask for one. Anytime anyone elso works they seem to accept credit cards just fine. Is he just scamming?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: McDonalds Cash Only
Posted by: Yes,Yes and Yes ()
Date: December 14, 2010 05:45PM

Why are you asking us? Are you that stupid!

Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: December 14, 2010 05:50PM

Yes, he is scamming. Next time ask to speak to a manager and see what happens. He's probably knocking off items, giving you the change you expect, and pocketing the difference. It's called over-ring abuse and I'm surprised his management hasn't caught him.

edit - make the order, tell him you don't have any cash and you must use credit, then ask to speak to the manager.

----------------------------------------

"She looks pretty good for 12, admit it." - WingNut, 04/24/2012

"I'm racist too. So what?" - Ellipsis 9/16/2011

"If you only knew who I was, and what I was working to do you would...have the decency to tell me I hated my nation and the way of life. I may not agree with...the government...I hate the "government"......" - Firrat 9/1/10

"there seems to be a queer...why? To try and further demean a defeated... dumb Tea party... I think we need more... far left folks on a regular basis - Louis Farakhan, Jesse Jackson...Al Sharpton" - Registered Voter, 8/19/2011

"If your computer is running slow, or you have any other problems, email me at with the problem and i am willing to fix it, for a price of course" - Taylor, spamming FFU on 04/12/2006. "N****rs as slaves again? I think so..." - Taylor, 09/20/2009

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2010 05:59PM by justsayin.

Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: December 14, 2010 05:51PM

Concur. One of the main reasons why McDonalds went to credit card was to reduce revenue loss from miscounting change, skimming the till, etc.

Posted by: More Complete ()
Date: December 14, 2010 05:59PM

He is also wiping his ass with his hands and then touching your food. After he spits in it of course.

Posted by: poop is ok ()
Date: December 14, 2010 06:01PM

Nooooooooooooooooo! Not spit!!!!!!!

Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: December 14, 2010 06:20PM

Pulling Off the Fake Cash Register Scam

Edit by cary: video removed, auoplay

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2010 07:09PM by Cary.

Posted by: bbm ()
Date: December 14, 2010 06:35PM

The best part of this all is the guy doing it IS the manager

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: December 14, 2010 06:51PM

bbw Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My friend and I work in the same building and
> commute everyday together. Sometimes after work we
> go to McDonalds in Vienna on 123 thats right next
> to the car wash. Everytime a certain employee
> works he tells us that the credit card machine is
> down and they only take cash and he never gives us
> a receipt even when we ask for one. Anytime anyone
> elso works they seem to accept credit cards just
> fine. Is he just scamming?

That's a real shitty Mcdonalds, that and the one in the Pan AM shopping center. Always dirty, cashiers resent speaking English; it's really surprising for that area.

Posted by: f eesh ()
Date: December 14, 2010 07:01PM

suck it eesh

Posted by: Yuck! ()
Date: December 14, 2010 07:07PM

Are these a franchise? I try and stay away from McDonalds at all cost but I love Chick Fila.

Posted by: nada ()
Date: December 14, 2010 07:40PM

The manager at that McDonalds is a woman. While this particular franchise is dirty, disorganized, and full of illegals -- it's not managed by a man and I doubt they would be so bold as to refuse a credit card. Why don't you just call the number on the sign at the left end of the order counter and report what has been happening to you?

Posted by: Gross ()
Date: December 14, 2010 07:55PM

Why don't you stop eating there? Pack you lunch and save some $$ plus you can save yourself from a stroke. Peace.

Posted by: hifolks ()
Date: December 15, 2010 07:10PM

FIVE fucking big macs folks

Posted by: Mr. Misery ()
Date: December 17, 2010 01:20AM

I like the fries.

Date: December 17, 2010 09:31AM

Go to the McDonald's website and report it. They have a function to do this. I have done this for something unrelated to this and the regional manager followed up with me the next day. You can do it anonymously.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Posted by: George ()
Date: December 18, 2010 03:35PM

Eversince I discovered wing fanatic, I do not touch McDonald's anymore.

Posted by: Mr. Misery ()
Date: December 18, 2010 06:56PM

the McNuggets are good too.

Posted by: nugget droplets ()
Date: December 18, 2010 09:52PM

I laid a McNugget in the pot yesterday!

Posted by: Teh King ()
Date: December 23, 2010 11:17AM

I was just a semi-unwitting participant in this scam at McDonald's.

I ordered a breakfast meal, with an order of cinnamon melts and two parfaits. As the MANAGER rang up the bill I pulled my wallet out and started fanning out my pimp wad of one dollar bills in preparation to pay. The register display quoted a total of $6.27, the manager asked for $8.27. I immediately questioned the discrepancy and he did a swift redirect to point out that my drink, a soda from the self-serve fountain, is rung up as a separate item. I confirmed with him the order and then he gave me my change. I didn't press further. I wanted my food and to make a swift retreat. Upon examining the receipt I noticed that this person had rung up that I had tendered $10 when in fact I had only tendered $8.

If a manager pulls this maneuver two or three times an hour over the course of a 10 or 12 hour shift they're "earning" themselves an extra $60 to $100/day, tax free. They have a nice scam going.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2010 11:20AM by Teh King.

Date: December 23, 2010 11:18PM

Yeah, that is total BS. You may want to see if there is a way to email their corporate or regional office, I'm sure they would be interested in hearing your story as I'm sure they are fully aware how that is done. Or they may not care and refer it to whoever owns the franchise, who will certainly care.

That is one of the reasons why at Taco Bell and other drivethru spots there is a sign saying "let us know if the amount you are asked to pay is different than what is displayed." There are still ways to beat that, but if the manager is in on it that is a big problem for the owners.

I only know this stuff having worked fast food in high school. I witnessed what is described here, as well as other real nasty shit like managers going through time logs and deleting off overtime hours from employees' time in the system before payroll gets sent. After I witnessed that I didn't care about employee-side fraud anymore, if management was screwing the employees then turnabout was fair.

"If you only knew who I was, and what I was working to do you would...have the decency to tell me I hated my nation and the way of life. I may not agree with...the government...I hate the "government"......" - Firrat 9/1/10

"there seems to be a queer...why? To try and further demean a defeated... dumb Tea party... I think we need more... far left folks on a regular basis - Louis Farakhan, Jesse Jackson...Al Sharpton" - Registered Voter, 8/19/2011

"If your computer is running slow, or you have any other problems, email me at with the problem and i am willing to fix it, for a price of course" - Taylor, spamming FFU on 04/12/2006. "N****rs as slaves again? I think so..." - Taylor, 09/20/2009

Posted by: Janice ()
Date: December 23, 2010 11:25PM

What McDonalds was it?

Posted by: anon ()
Date: December 24, 2010 12:36AM

Why the fuck do any of you care about a scam that is only hurting the owner of the franchise? You aren't being overcharged one penny. Frankly, if the owner is careless enough to not spot something fishy in the books then they deserve it.

Posted by: Janice ()
Date: December 24, 2010 12:42AM

Because I have a lot of stock in McDonalds as well as a franchise. That's why, Dumb-ass.

Posted by: anon ()
Date: December 24, 2010 12:57AM

"Because I have a lot of stock in McDonalds as well as a franchise. That's why I'm a Dumb-ass."

I fixed your post for you.

Date: December 24, 2010 09:49AM

anon Wrote:
> Why the fuck do any of you care about a scam that
> is only hurting the owner of the franchise?

Think. If costs go up do to fraud in ANY industry, those costs eventually make their way to the customer's wallet. There is also that nagging desire in many people to right wrongs, that believe theft is wrong even if it isn't their own stuff getting stolen. I don't get to go home with more money than I'm legitimately paid for in my job, some dishonest McDonald's manager shouldn't be able to either.

Posted by: WTF ()
Date: December 24, 2010 11:42AM

> You may want to see if
> there is a way to email their corporate or
> regional office, I'm sure they would be interested
> in hearing your story as I'm sure they are fully
> aware how that is done. Or they may not care and
> refer it to whoever owns the franchise, who will
> certainly care.
>

I don't think they care. If they did, they wouldn't hire so many illegals. If they did, they wouldn't try to get out of providing health insurance to their employees. McDonald's is just another big profit-hungry company riding on the backs of illegal immigrant labor and therefor encouraging further illegal immigration and the resulting ghettoization of the hispanic community here.

Date: December 24, 2010 10:12PM

Nice pointless rant. If they are so concerned about profit (shocking, as they are a for-profit public company) then wouldn't they be concerned about profits getting diverted to employees and management fraudulently?

Posted by: Oxyclean ()
Date: December 24, 2010 10:56PM

anon Wrote:
> Why the fuck do any of you care about a scam that
> is only hurting the owner of the franchise? You
> aren't being overcharged one penny. Frankly, if
> the owner is careless enough to not spot something
> fishy in the books then they deserve it.

I bet they're pulling this bullshit at the McDonalds right across the street from the massive ass Burger King in Centreville right before the 28 / 29 overpass.

Go to that McDonalds. Everything there is more expensive. In this case, they're either pulling a scam and overcharging customers, or the owner is just a greedy little fuck.

Posted by: dkfjlsdjflsd ()
Date: December 26, 2010 09:49PM

this is lame

Posted by: Jefferson Davis ()
Date: December 26, 2010 09:52PM

I ate 2 double cheeseburgers once, only cost me two buxs....could'nt plop for three days though

Posted by: fuck u ()
Date: February 10, 2012 08:06AM

If you ask to talk with the manager and he/she tells you that he/she is the manager, dont always believe its true, especially if its late and you are drive thru ordering

Posted by: philbert ()
Date: February 10, 2012 10:41PM

hey you yuppie scum bag son of a bitch he works at McDonalds so leave him the fuck alone you god damn fancy fuck! By the way why are you asking us here on this forum? If it's a real problem take that shit up with corporate not FFXU. Go fuck a traffic cone you fat ass mother fucker!

Date: February 10, 2012 11:07PM

-----------------------------------------------

"...your suffering will be legendary even in Hell!"

Posted by: fffff ()
Date: February 16, 2012 10:42PM

The same happened to me the other night at the Annandale Mcdonalds off of 495.
They said the registers were down, and that they only accepted cash
Didnt even give me change back. But who cares about 30 cents.

Posted by: Formerly Stones ()
Date: February 16, 2012 10:46PM

McDonalds is gross. I found a dried up salamander or rat tail (something with vertibrae) in my wife's egg mcmuffin 6 years ago and we haven't eaten there since. We're not the suing type and totally missed our chance but whatever. It was gross.

Posted by: Whatthehell... ()
Date: February 17, 2012 08:13AM

I stopped going to McDonnalds long ago when they stopped understanding anything besides #2, #4, etc.. Fucking speak English or GTFO of the service industry where you deal with customers directly. If I ever immigrated to France, I wouldn't try to work at a fucking McDonnalds. I'd go work somewhere french speaking customers weren't trying to communicate with me, because obviously I'd be too stupid to understand and communicate with them properly to do my job.

I have no problem with their race, I have big issue with their taking of jobs that require proper communication when it affects my ability to complete a transaction correctly and promptly with a business. Get the difference? You've brought my hatred of you upon yourselves.

Posted by: snowdenscold ()
Date: February 17, 2012 09:50AM

Whatthehell... Wrote:
> I stopped going to McDonnalds long ago when they
> stopped understanding anything besides #2, #4,
> etc.. Fucking speak English or GTFO of the
> service industry where you deal with customers
> directly. If I ever immigrated to France, I
> wouldn't try to work at a fucking McDonnalds. I'd
> go work somewhere french speaking customers
> weren't trying to communicate with me, because
> obviously I'd be too stupid to understand and
> communicate with them properly to do my job.

Sounds like you need some chik-fil-a !

Posted by: Gas Trointestinal ()
Date: February 17, 2012 10:05AM

Seriously, you actually admit that you eat at McDonalds.

Nasty....nasty, nasty, nasty.

"Ah yeah, I'll have a Big Mic, extra pickle and hold the pink slime please"

Do your body a favor and stop eating at McDonalds, hell stop eating fast food period. Gross.

Posted by: Tony ()
Date: February 17, 2015 07:01PM

If it was late at night I doubt he was scamming you on the 24 hour stores as part of the end of day book keeping the whole computer system goes down and no orders can be entered in. So everything is done by had for about 30 minutes to an hour. When the computers are done doing there thing the orders during the down time were entered in and the receipts filed for a year or so. At the store I worked at this had to start after 11:00 maybe 11:30 but before midnight.

If it was in the late hours then this is likely why and you could go in the next day to get a copy of your receipt. I am not saying there wasn't something shady going on with your guy but there is a reason that it will happen every night at a 24 hour drive thru.

Posted by: The Colonel ()
Date: February 18, 2015 01:03PM

Hows that going for you cockbite?

Janice Wrote:
> Because I have a lot of stock in McDonalds as
> well as a franchise. That's why, Dumb-ass.

Posted by: Venator ()
Date: November 09, 2017 03:33AM

See. This is why Jersey Mike's needs to be open 24hrs. Would fix so many issues.

Posted by: J7DTG ()
Date: November 09, 2017 05:30AM

Yuck! Wrote:
> Are these a franchise? I try and stay away from
> McDonalds at all cost but I love Chick Fila.

Chick Fila lover here too. I give them cash, unless it is a really large order, so they do not socked with 2-3% credit card fees, as know their profits go to a Higher worthy cause which admire they are closed on Sundays. Many other restaurants, OTOH, McDonalds included, I use a credit card, especially any with a high score on the Human Resources Campaign, let the restaurant corporations and the credit card companies fight over the profits.

Posted by: Mike Huntt ()
Date: November 09, 2017 05:47AM

try KFC

Posted by: VYEXY ()
Date: November 09, 2017 06:08AM

Mike Huntt Wrote:
> try KFC

Perhaps other KFCs are better, but the one in Chantilly is horrible, to the point of at least one worker insulting customers. I vow never to go to that one again.

Posted by: 4WXML ()
Date: November 09, 2017 06:11AM

Venator Wrote:
> See. This is why Jersey Mike's needs to be open
> 24hrs. Would fix so many issues.

Good service experience also with Jersey Mike's. Just wish they had a little more variety on their sub menu.

Posted by: CTCBJ ()
Date: November 09, 2017 06:13AM

Whatthehell... Wrote:
> I stopped going to McDonnalds long ago when they
> stopped understanding anything besides #2, #4,
> etc.. Fucking speak English or GTFO of the
> service industry where you deal with customers
> directly. If I ever immigrated to France, I
> wouldn't try to work at a fucking McDonnalds. I'd
> go work somewhere french speaking customers
> weren't trying to communicate with me, because
> obviously I'd be too stupid to understand and
> communicate with them properly to do my job.
>
> I have no problem with their race, I have big
> issue with their taking of jobs that require
> proper communication when it affects my ability to
> complete a transaction correctly and promptly with
> a business. Get the difference? You've brought
> my hatred of you upon yourselves.

Agreed

Posted by: Frito Bandito ()
Date: November 09, 2017 09:11AM

J7DTG Wrote:
> Yuck! Wrote:
> ---
>
> Chick Fila lover here too. I give them cash,
> so they do not
> socked with 2-3% credit card fees, as know their
> profits go to a Higher worthy cause which admire
> they are closed on Sundays. Many other
> restaurants, OTOH, McDonalds included, I use a
> credit card, especially any with a high score on
> the Human Resources Campaign,
>
> .

Use AMEX at those places since the AMEX fees R higher.

Posted by: Scholar ()
Date: November 09, 2017 09:24AM

CTCBJ Wrote:
> Whatthehell... Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I stopped going to McDonnalds long ago when
> they
> > stopped understanding anything besides #2, #4,
> > etc.. Fucking speak English or GTFO of the
> > service industry where you deal with customers
> > directly.

>
> Agreed

I blame the Icky-D's more than I do the employee.

The way it used to be, when I worked those menial jobs when I was in high school, was that when you were new, they put you on mop and trash detail for at least a week, or so. They told you to watch what others were doing between the times that you were dumping the trash can or sweeping up in the kitchen. This gave you the opportunity to learn the place. The next thing that they had you do was step and fetch the easy stuff like sodas and coffee when it was busy and re-stock the bags of french fries. They taught you how to change soda tanks and dump grease.

Only after all of that, did they put you on the counter to take people's orders. Even then, the first couple of times that you did it, they had someone's standing over you, making sure that you did it correctly, In addition, they had you do it during a slow time so that you could take the time to do it properly.

These days, they hire the guy or the girl right off the street, give them something to read or a video to watch and fifteen minutes after the new employee has filled out her tax form, she is on the counter gettting everyone's order incorrectly.

I avoid Icky-D's, but GF likes much of the stuff on the menu, so I go there to get her something and I get something somewhere else. If I want the order to be correct, I speak Spanish to them. It may be the Spanish of Castillia y Leon spoken with a Piemontese lilt, but the order comes as I asked for it when I do that. If I speak English, it is always incorrect.

I do not blame the immigrant as much. I have no problem with the immigrants. The Icky-D's advertises the job, the immigrant asks for it. He needs a job, as much as anyone else does. I fault Icky-D's for putting the guy on the counter when he is fresh off the street instead of having him on Dustpan and Squeegee Detail for a while. The immigrant knows that he must do what the Boss tells him to do and he knows who the Boss is. All that the immigrant is doing is what the Boss tells him to do.

Posted by: Eat Mo Chiken -- MOOO! ()
Date: November 09, 2017 12:55PM

J7DTG Wrote:
> Yuck! Wrote:
> -----
> > Are these a franchise? I try and stay away from
> > McDonalds at all cost but I love Chick Fila.
>
> Chick Fila lover here too. I give them cash,
> unless it is a really large order, so they do not
> socked with 2-3% credit card fees, as know their
> profits go to a Higher worthy cause which admire
> they are closed on Sundays. Many other
> restaurants, OTOH, McDonalds included, I use a
> credit card, especially any with a high score on
> the Human Resources Campaign, let the restaurant
> corporations and the credit card companies fight
> over the profits.

Chick Fil-A over any other fast food place. Amen to that!
I wish we had one closer to our home.

They way you get treated by most other places is not good.
Rudeness ... the customer takes the back seat ..

At least Chick Fil A trains their personnel to be polite and pleasant while dealing with customers and YES, 50% of profits are given away to Worthy causes .. orgs. helping people in need.

Posted by: Mike_Hunt ()
Date: November 09, 2017 01:09PM

Am I the only one??

I've loved McDonald's for decades ~ since I could pronounce the name ~ but seeing the teenagers making my food now just scares me . . .

Posted by: grilled burger and fried ()
Date: November 09, 2017 01:33PM

"...I've loved McDonald's for decades..."

Me, too - about...gack!...50 years now.

I used to walk to McDonald's, buy their fantastic made-right-there-from-a-potato fries, then walk across the street to Burger Chef and buy their unbelievable grilled-over-open-flame hamburgers to complete the meal.

Heaven.

At the time each McD's used whole potatoes, used a tumbler that removed only a certain bit of skin, sliced them in a manual machine into fries, then cooked them in a mix of beef tallow and some type of veggie oil.

They were good.

The Burger Chef hamburgers were, IMHO, to kill for. Pretty much the same as McD's except they weren't cooked on a griddle but instead rode a chain conveyor belt across a bunch of open flames.

I think Burger Chef was bought by Wendy's or something similar...too bad.

Posted by: What's that smell? ()
Date: November 09, 2017 01:46PM

It was good back in the day. I haven't been years because they only have niggers on the TV and radio commercials. I kinda figured they didn't want white people there any more.

Posted by: KMJEE ()
Date: November 09, 2017 02:44PM

I miss the breakfast buffet at the McDonald's at 28/Lee Hwy intersection a long time ago. Used to get hash browns and dump syrup on them etc yummy

Posted by: Greybeard ()
Date: November 09, 2017 08:03PM

grilled burger and fried Wrote:
> I think Burger Chef was bought by Wendy's or
> something similar...too bad.

Hardee's. GIYF.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burger_Chef

Posted by: x6cje ()
Date: November 10, 2017 09:01PM

it's illegal for a mc'donalds to offer only one form of payment

and yes, he's likely writing down the burgers as "lost product" and keeping the cash

guess what? mc'donalds is now run by a financial holding firm in California by mexicans and that's why so many managers are mexicans

---------------------
FUCK THEM. Don't bother reporting it it's corrupt from the top anyway.

Posted by: Mike_Hunt ()
Date: November 10, 2017 09:10PM

It's been a while (3+ yrs).. But I can remember a few times when 'cash only' was told to me. It was always in the middle of the night too ?!?

Hmmmm.... NOW I understand *rolling eyes*

Posted by: I know I'll regret this ()
Date: November 10, 2017 09:57PM

x6cje Wrote:
> it's illegal for a mc'donalds to offer only one
> form of payment

No it's not. They can require payment in pennies, or hard-boiled eggs, or roasted hamsters. Might not be a good business decision, but it's THEIR business. No requirement to take cash, or to make change, or to accept bags of change.

Posted by: boiled onion ()
Date: December 18, 2020 08:45PM

I ate 5 Mcribs and two large fries. My bowels might not get away with this one!

Posted by: Not sure about bags of pennies ()
Date: December 18, 2020 09:20PM

I know I'll regret this Wrote:
> x6cje Wrote:
> -----
> > it's illegal for a mc'donalds to offer only one
> > form of payment
>
> No it's not. They can require payment in pennies,
> or hard-boiled eggs, or roasted hamsters. Might
> not be a good business decision, but it's THEIR
> business. No requirement to take cash, or to make
> change, or to accept bags of change.

A lot of cities are requiring businesses to accept cash as is discrimitory to the poor who do not have credit cards or bank accounts

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.