HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
BWI Airport Jetway collapse, 7 injured
Posted by: associated pressings ()
Date: December 30, 2018 11:12PM

BBRB6Vh.img?h=630&w=1200&m=6&q=60&o=t&l=

(movable trailer)

WTOP news has aired that brackets are indicated by investigation already

however: the accordian looks like it's crushed. there's some question if there was an accident of running into bumping the plane. the difference would be who is responsible to pay.

and why you'd ask is the airport and news has made live video or photos at moment of collapse ________________ unpublished

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: BWI Airport Jetway collapse, 7 injured
Posted by: pnnfu ()
Date: December 30, 2018 11:14PM

i could have done that exiting the terminal or approaching the plane, or allowed passengers to stand where they weren't supposed to be, etc

i forget to unlatch drive away: noisy air port who heard the latches get crushed?

blaming a braket in the news without any released photos?

mmmmm.

Date: December 30, 2018 11:18PM

I blame the terrorists.

Making America Great Again! Imprison Trump for Lying about the Wall.

Posted by: obama ntsb ()
Date: December 30, 2018 11:25PM

It all went down around 10PM last night

The airport tweeted that six people were taken to a hospital Saturday night with non-life-threatening injuries due to the incident at Gate E-10.

faa doesn't regulate moving trailers? the mechanic didn't have a checklist. put the old bolts on backwards at half torq forgot to tighten one wen distracted by a yelling boss (note it's illegal to be an idiot yelling at safety workers - legally speaking)

"the bracket was defective - all brackets on all jetways are scheduled to be replaced due to the finding". a finding not a day late. really?

(Copyright 2018 By Trolls Incorporated. Please copy this material freely.)

Posted by: jwlth ()
Date: December 30, 2018 11:28PM

meanwhile in other news

AI-based boarding bridge inches closer to final release in asia, it just needs testing in ... someone else's air port!

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Companies/AI-based-boarding-bridge-inches-closer-to-full-automation

Posted by: correction ()
Date: December 30, 2018 11:29PM

hqdefault.jpg

looks like this trailer park is not fully mobile

Posted by: duke ()
Date: December 30, 2018 11:33PM

Ragheads again

We need the WALL

Posted by: huw3e ()
Date: December 30, 2018 11:37PM

to be more accurate, the 1st picture above, the walkway is mated to the plane in the right place for people to walk on board - but bent a little (no one said anyone fell to ground - that would be a serious injury or death i have to guess)

it may not look like the walkway is in its' right place (blurry and bent like it is): but it is in position

Posted by: gue69 ()
Date: December 30, 2018 11:51PM

the fall would be 12-20 feet (counting steps, it's almost two flights of steps to the accordian)

if you fell from that height you could end up in the morgue or be out of work for, say, 520 days (https://www.bls.gov/opub/mlr/2016/article/pdf/injuries-from-falls-to-lower-levels-2013.pdf)

Posted by: guess69 ()
Date: December 30, 2018 11:53PM

I have to guess then:

* the walkway did not collapse. however it's structure did move and bend (perhaps there was a danger of falling through)

* if no one of 7 was injured serious, no one fell from the walkway - they perhaps fell to their own feet

Posted by: kmwt9 ()
Date: December 31, 2018 12:10AM

those brackets are subject to all kinds of abuse

passengers stomping up and down

staff closing the accordian "to" with a bang ungently

pushing and pulling to make it fit

mechanics on raised platforms inspecting (the platform can be bumped into the accordian)

===========================

one or two past failure can easily mean bad staff have broke them before and in denial didn't report bending and breaking parts

replacing with a substitute mfg could just mean OUTSOURCING and worse cheaper parts

replacing without testing the new will stand up to abuse is ... let me call it "a simple solution" (but WRONG)

but have an Aircraft mechanic replace them all: not a bad idea

Posted by: associated pressings ()
Date: December 31, 2018 09:27AM

I assume the bracket news is bunk to protect the airport from lawsuits - deflecting blame to a mfg who will be impossible to blame or collect from (or perhaps to sting a usa company instead of illegal aliens?)

No bracket was shown in news. No photos of the incident came out.

The problem with brackets is they mate with structure and are fastened to it. If the structure is damaged you can replace the bracket and still have an issue.

You also can't say if the airport knew any building structure / frame was damaged before failure - since obviously they are replacing it now on that unit.

Point being: rip-off contractors and illegal labor and lies tend to be the rule in a democrat run political area

I really don't believe in any bracket story as presented.

And I have to half guess the employees knew of the problem and the boss told them to shut up about it.

Posted by: Averora ()
Date: December 04, 2020 09:09AM

When you think the airplane is the safest means of travel ever. I remember that day perfectly because I had a flight. God protected me and canceled the flight I had to Europe. I was disappointed at that moment because I couldn't go. The company didn't give a clear answer at all. So, my first reaction was to call the best flight delay compensation company and look at how many dollars I will get for a canceled flight. I gave up because the reason was clear when I saw the news. I felt sorry for people who died and for their families who suffered a lot.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2020 08:50AM by Averora.

Posted by: DV7TK ()
Date: December 05, 2020 08:37AM

Posted by: LE3H3 ()
Date: December 05, 2020 09:46PM

Posted by: GHH6Y ()
Date: December 06, 2020 02:36PM

Posted by: WXXYX ()
Date: December 06, 2020 06:15PM

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.