HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Do I need to carry a flashlight and a gas mask with me on days when I decide to ride the metro to and from Washington DC?
Posted by: Worried commuter ()
Date: January 13, 2015 10:12PM

theshorelinemarket_2346_132891748

Paintball_Airsoft_facemask_goggles.jpg

Do I need any thing else with me?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do I need to carry a flashlight and a gas mask with me on days when I decide to ride the metro to and from Washington DC?
Posted by: OP. ()
Date: January 13, 2015 10:14PM

Oops I meant to say dust mask.

Re: Do I need to carry a flashlight and a gas mask with me on days when I decide to ride the metro to and from Washington DC?
Posted by: exffx ()
Date: January 13, 2015 10:15PM

Stop being paranoid. You sound like one of those guntards. Bad shit will never happen on the subway.

Posted by: london attacks anxiety ()
Date: January 13, 2015 10:17PM

I keep this with me just incase...

server.gif

I will whip it out incase of an attack, and the attackers will just skip over me.

Posted by: "Remember a Hankerchief Is Not ()
Date: January 13, 2015 10:29PM

A Gas Mask" Source : American Red Cross First Aid 1950's . Neither is a Dust mask. Or your coat sleeve. They can keep out dust smoke thats all.

And a real Gas Mask will not help you when the oxygen level is depleted by a fire. Thats why firefighters have "Air Paks" on their backs to give them air.

There has been some good advice given. If you are in a sorry situation like
the people on the Metro train, get your face down as low as you can to the floor. The carpet may be gross and smelly but theres more good "air" down there and its true in every fire as heat rises.

And remember from that same old 1950's Red Cross First Aid Book, "Never Jack Knife" a injured person into a automobile to take them to a hospital. In other words bend them up stuffing them into a car.

Posted by: Dyu6b ()
Date: January 13, 2015 10:51PM

"Remember a Hankerchief Is Not Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A Gas Mask" Source : American Red Cross First Aid
> 1950's . Neither is a Dust mask. Or your coat
> sleeve. They can keep out dust smoke thats all.
>
> And a real Gas Mask will not help you when the
> oxygen level is depleted by a fire. Thats why
> firefighters have "Air Paks" on their backs to
> give them air.
>
> There has been some good advice given. If you are
> in a sorry situation like
> the people on the Metro train, get your face down
> as low as you can to the floor. The carpet may be
> gross and smelly but theres more good "air" down
> there and its true in every fire as heat rises.
>
> And remember from that same old 1950's Red Cross
> First Aid Book, "Never Jack Knife" a injured
> person into a automobile to take them to a
> hospital. In other words bend them up stuffing
> them into a car.

Don't forget to bring your "rubbers" You might get lucky in all the chaos or it might rain.

Posted by: FmUF3 ()
Date: January 13, 2015 11:40PM

In D.C. it' s illegal to defend yourself against smoke.

Posted by: DC Council ()
Date: January 14, 2015 12:03AM

FmUF3 Wrote:
> In D.C. it' s illegal to defend yourself against
> smoke.

Unless it's in your home.

And you have a permit.

Which we won't issue.

Posted by: GlicerinEBAG ()
Date: November 04, 2020 12:19PM

Well, in general, it is advisable to have a flashlight with you. Only the main thing is that it needed to be strong. Because you might get pushed and the flashlight might fly out of your hands. When I bought a flashlight, I was looking for a high-impact one. I just like to climb on different caves. And I need to have a strong flashlight. I bought on https://www.amazon.com/Vont-Flashlight-Flashlights-Water-resistant-Accessories/dp/B089T8HDBV a high-impact flashlight for me and my wife. So if you want to buy a flashlight, then take a high-quality one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2020 04:10AM by GlicerinEBAG.

Posted by: Liquidat1on ()
Date: November 18, 2020 02:14PM

GlicerinEBAG Wrote:
> Well, in general, it is advisable to have a
> flashlight with you. Only the main thing is that
> it needed to be strong. Because you might get
> pushed and the flashlight might fly out of your
> hands. When I bought a flashlight, I was looking
> for a high-impact one. I just like to climb on
> different caves. And I need to have a strong
> flashlight. I bought on
> https://www.amazon.com/Vont-Flashlight-Flashlights
> -Water-resistant-Accessories/dp/B089T8HDBV a
> high-impact flashlight for me and my wife. So if
> you want to buy a flashlight, then take a
> high-quality one.
I hope it will be a good acquisition as my budget is limited

Posted by: Better Advice ()
Date: November 18, 2020 03:05PM

"Remember a Hankerchief Is Not Wrote:
> A Gas Mask" Source : American Red Cross First Aid
> 1950's . Neither is a Dust mask. Or your coat
> sleeve. They can keep out dust smoke thats all.
>
> And a real Gas Mask will not help you when the
> oxygen level is depleted by a fire. Thats why
> firefighters have "Air Paks" on their backs to
> give them air.
>
> There has been some good advice given. If you are
> in a sorry situation like
> the people on the Metro train, get your face down
> as low as you can to the floor. The carpet may be
> gross and smelly but theres more good "air" down
> there and its true in every fire as heat rises.
>
> And remember from that same old 1950's Red Cross
> First Aid Book, "Never Jack Knife" a injured
> person into a automobile to take them to a
> hospital. In other words bend them up stuffing
> them into a car.

Bad advice. Staying in the car has gotten people killed. Gas masks will not help with the lack of oxygen but they will protect from toxic smoke and fumes. The floor height of a metrorail car is 40 inches, so laying on the floor won't help much. More to the point there is more good air outside the car than inside.

Carefully get out of the car and make your way to an exit. Avoid the third rail and use the walkway. Be aware that there may be obstructions protruding out, or objects laying on the walkway. Always assume the rail is energized. The "box tunnels" have a passageway every 25 feet leading to the other tunnel going in the opposite direction. These passageways may or may not be locked.

Emergency exits are provided throughout the tunnel system. At single entry underground stations, there will be an emergency exit shaft located opposite the main entrance. In the tunnels proper, the emergency exit shafts may be located in vent shafts, fan shafts, or in single use emergency exit shafts between stations. With the exception of three locations, the maximum travel distance to an emergency exit is 1250 feet. The exceptions to the distance rule are a section of the Blue Line between the Stadium Armory and Benning Road Stations, which is 1500 feet, the Orange/Blue Line between Foggy Bottom and Rosslyn, (under the Potomac River) which is 1558 feet, and the Yellow Line between L’Enfant Plaza Station and the Potomac River Portal which is 1550 feet.

Emergency exit shafts will be equipped with metal open grate stairways that may rise up to 220 feet to the surface. At street level, the shaft will be equipped with either solid or open grate doors that must be pushed up to open. The undersides of these doors have panic hardware to allow opening from the inside.

In an emergency, subsurface stations can be evacuated via the emergency exit shaft or the vent shaft. The emergency exit shaft will have stairs that will lead to the surface or refuge area, while the vent shaft will have a ladder to the surface or refuge area.

Posted by: Beaglll ()
Date: November 18, 2020 03:54PM

AKC Beagle Puppies for sale,

AKC purebred beagle puppy online| Buy brown, black and white beagle puppies near me | Black white and Tan beagle puppies for sale | How to buy cheap beagle puppy online | Home raised beagle puppies for sale | Adorable beagle Puppies for sale online | ,

AKC Purebred Beagles Beagles Puppies For Sale Mn | Beagles Puppies For Sale California | Beagle Puppies For Sale | Beagles For Sale Iowa | Beagles For Sale In NC | Beagles For Sale | Beagle Pups For Sale Near Me | Beagle Mix Puppies For Sale Near Me ,

adorable beagle puppies in USA | Beagle Puppies For Sale In Michigan | Beagle Puppies For Sale In Pa | Beagle Mix Puppies For Sale | Beagles Puppy For Sale Nsw |,

Gorgeous Beagles for sale | Beagle Puppies For Sale | Beagle Puppies For Sale In Nc | Beagle Puppies For Sale In Michigan | Beagle Puppies For Sale In Pa | Beagle Mix Puppies For Sale | Beagles Puppy For Sale Nsw | Beagles Puppy For Sale Near Me ,

Buy Tan colored Beagle puppies cheap | Teacup Beagle Puppies For Sale Near Me | Beagle Puppies For Sale Near Me Bluetick | Beagle Puppies For Sale Near Me Craigslist | Beagle Puppy For Sale | Beagle Puppy For Sale Texas |

Buy brown Beagle puppies online | Order beagle for gift online | Tan & Black marking beagle dogs for sale | Adorable Beagles for Rehome | Buy Beagles now for a Companion | Gorgeous Beagles for sale | Buy a Cute Home raised Beagle today |

Beautiful Tri colored Beagles for sale | Blue tri color beagle puppies online | Beagle puppies for sale | Buy beagle dog online | Cheap Beagle puppy for sale

White Chocolate Beagle for sale | Black white and Tan beagle puppies for sale | How to buy cheap beagle puppy online | Home raised beagle puppies for sale | Adorable beagle Puppies for sale online |

Buy black Beagle color puppies Buy Tan beagle puppy | Tan colored beagle puppies for sale near me | Blue tri color beagle puppy for sale cheap | Buy brown, black and white beagle puppies near me | ,

Buy Blue tri color beagle puppy | Buy brown, black and white beagle puppies near me | Black white and Tan beagle puppies for sale | How to buy cheap beagle puppy online | Home raised beagle puppies for sale | Adorable beagle Puppies for sale online | ,

Black white and Tan beagle puppies for sale ,

Beagles For Sale In NC | Beagles For Sale | Beagle Pups For Sale Near Me | Beagle Mix Puppies For Sale Near Me ,

Beagle Mix Puppies For Sale ,

Gorgeous Beagles for sale Near Me ,

Beagle Puppy For Sale Texas |

Adorable Beagles for Rehome

Cheap Beagle puppy for sale

Home raised beagle puppies for sale

Buy brown, black and white beagle puppies near me | ,

Buy Blue tri color beagle puppy ,

Adorable beagle Puppies for sale online ,

Beagle Pups For Sale Near Me ,

Beagle Puppies For Sale In Michigan ,

Beagle Mix Puppies For Sale | Beagles Puppy For Sale Nsw | Beagles Puppy For Sale Near Me ,

Beagle Puppies For Sale Near Me Bluetick

Buy brown Beagle puppies online

Beautiful Tri colored Beagles for sale

How to buy cheap beagle puppy online

Blue tri color beagle puppy for sale cheap ,

Home raised beagle puppies for sale ,

AKC Beagle Puppies for sale ,

Home raised beagle puppies for sale ,

AKC Purebred Beagles Beagles Puppies For Sale Mn ,

Beagle Puppies For Sale In Pa ,

Beagle Puppies For Sale In Michigan ,

Beagle Puppies For Sale Near Me Craigslist

Gorgeous Beagles for sale

Buy beagle dog online | Cheap Beagle puppy for sale

Black white and Tan beagle puppies for sale

Tan colored beagle puppies for sale near me ,

Adorable beagle Puppies for sale online ,

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.