HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Green Flash in the sky
Posted by: huhh ()
Date: July 17, 2014 10:22PM

Did anyone see the bright green flash moving across the sky? Moved towards the east then disappeared.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Green Flash in the sky
Posted by: Kim Jong-UN ()
Date: July 17, 2014 10:27PM

huhh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Did anyone see the bright green flash moving
> across the sky? Moved towards the east then
> disappeared.

No. Now STFU and go to bed

Posted by: Tayla ()
Date: July 17, 2014 10:28PM

I saw it. It was really strange. Any idea what it was? UFO

Posted by: huhh ()
Date: July 17, 2014 10:38PM

I don't believe in UFO's but I have never seen anything like that before.

Posted by: WashBlvd ()
Date: July 17, 2014 10:48PM

I saw it too!!! I was sitting on my back porch in Arlington facing directly west near the intersection of Washington Blvd and 50. At exactly 10:15pm there was a bright flash in the top of the sky and it fell from far-west North Arlington over Columbia Pike towards Baileys Crossroads/Shirlington way. Total elapsed time was about four seconds. It burned first as a bright white flash, then green, and then green with orange flames around the core as it neared the ground. I've seen plenty of shooting stars in my day and this was no shooting star. Definitely a UFO in nature.

Actually, almost possibly totally a UFO is burning up in the middle of Leesburg Pike while surrounded by black Suburbans and Tahoes right now.

Shout-out to J Fu!

Posted by: Only in my underwear ()
Date: July 17, 2014 10:49PM

It's the damn robot aliens!

Posted by: tayla ()
Date: July 17, 2014 10:57PM

I was in fairfax when I saw it.

Posted by: Decrapitated ()
Date: July 17, 2014 10:59PM

It was a missle fired out of Ukraine. They were aiming for Obutthead.

Posted by: Padfoot ()
Date: July 17, 2014 10:59PM

Was this around Godric's Hollow?

Posted by: He Madn ()
Date: July 17, 2014 11:01PM

Decrapitated Wrote:
> It was a missle fired out of Ukraine. They were
> aiming for Obutthead.

So mad

Posted by: The Green Flame ()
Date: July 17, 2014 11:07PM

It Was A "Blast Of Wind from Howard Stearn's Asshole" A Green Flame..miles long

Posted by: Cletus,theSlackJawedYokel ()
Date: July 17, 2014 11:41PM

I seen it too from Manassas. Thought it was The Lord himself coming to save me from this world of pain and despair.

Posted by: Person12345754321 ()
Date: July 18, 2014 12:50AM

I was outside with some friends around that time and we all saw it out of the corner of our eyes, and wrote it off as a firework or shooting star. There was some color to it definitely. We were in reston. Interesting.

Posted by: meteorite? ()
Date: July 18, 2014 01:10AM

http://lunarmeteoritehunters.blogspot.com

Initial Meteor Sighting Reports-
17JUL2014 Tiffany Fijalkovic Richmond,Va 23:00 ish eastern time ~20 East Green bright Brighter then then the full moon Yes I am an avid sky watcher and this was the most biggest brightest fireball ever

17JUL2014 Patricia McNaull Marlinton, WV 10:40 p.m. 3 secs East sky to earth, straight down white brighter than moon none seen seen from inside house out window - very large

17JUL2014 Joe Mueller Seaford, VA US 2230 EST 5-6 seconds Facing west went right to left Looked like a fireball Bright as the sun Wide trail behind it It looked like daylight then it disappeared about 6 seconds later

17JUL2014 Chad Diederichs Stevensville MD USA 22:15 EST ~4 seconds Facing south when spotted. Moving East, Southeast. Moved from right to left from my perspective Yellow, White. No Sounds. Large flare/flash just before it dropped below the tree line. Started as bright as an airplane but quickly flashed brighter then a full moon when it flared Yes, several glowing parts falling off as it flared Very low to the ground when it flared up, likely kept intact enough that large solid fragments should have made landfall on the southern portion of Kent Island MD, USA

17JUL2014 Jimmy Herring Waldorf, MD, USA 22:15:00 7 sec i was facing south and the fireball was traveling right to left i saw a flash of light then i saw a blue ball with a red tail moon no no

17JUL2014 Clayton glen allen VA EST 10:15PM 3 SEC RIGHT TO LEFT GREEN BRIGHT LIKE A FLARE NO COULD SEE IT HIT THE ATOMSHPERE

17JUL2014 Elizabeth Reed Chapel Hill, NC, USA 22:15:00 5 full seconds West to East.Diagonal about 45 degrees, Left to Right fireball was red and yellowgold very bright reflected of soback clouds and long tail was green very bright burst like a burning ball for last 3 seconds there were flarey bits of gold-off the ball section but no, I don't think any parts were falling off. It was beautiful. I have never seen anything like that before!

17JUL2014 Bill Lanexa, VA, USA 21:00 Eastern US 10-15 sec NW to SE Bright white More than moon less than sun Yes, some fragmentation at the end of the burn. No photo. Suddenly the sky lit bright as lightning, and something burned across the sky. We thought it was a firework, but there was no sound. Three of us saw it.

Posted by: Rockhound ()
Date: July 18, 2014 01:11AM

The hole in Russia... the plane getting shot out of the sky... now an unexplained green flash in the sky...

I'm leaning towards an intergalactic battle between the Anunaki and another far away species. Perhaps they are fighting over control of the Earth and the continued imprisonment and slavery of the humans will go to the winners of this epic battle.

Posted by: meteorite? ()
Date: July 18, 2014 01:14AM

The following From this site: http://lunarmeteoritehunters.blogspot.com

Check your security cameras!
Please file your meteor sightings please HERE-
http://lunarmeteoritehunters.blogspot.jp/2000/11/meteor-fireball-report-form.html

Please help get the word about this event so that we might recover security camera video or cell phone captures; spread the word about this website via Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Reddit, GLP, SOTT and your favorite forums; contact your local news outlets; thank you! Tell them about this website and event.
http://lunarmeteoritehunters.blogspot.com

Posted by: Independent ()
Date: July 18, 2014 01:15AM

Rockhound Wrote:
> The hole in Russia... the plane getting shot out
> of the sky... now an unexplained green flash in
> the sky...
>
> I'm leaning towards an intergalactic battle
> between the Anunaki and another far away species.
> Perhaps they are fighting over control of the
> Earth and the continued imprisonment and slavery
> of the humans will go to the winners of this epic
> battle.

What a moron

Posted by: GUNK ()
Date: July 18, 2014 01:18AM

SPACE TRASH

Posted by: Tpiresx ()
Date: July 18, 2014 10:23AM

So does anyone have a clear idea of wth that green light was I saw it driving in boydes Maryland on the back roads so I had a clear view of an open sky and that thing litterally came out of nowhere and got really low burned then dissapeared right there in the sky like it just got extinguished or something

Posted by: johnny ringo ()
Date: July 18, 2014 10:25AM

Pics or it didn't happen.

Posted by: Happened ()
Date: July 18, 2014 10:48AM

Posted by: More info ()
Date: July 18, 2014 11:27AM

Here's a thread on it here on FFU...

Meteor streaks through the skies over East Coast
http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/1604186.html

Posted by: More info ()
Date: July 18, 2014 07:47PM

Meteor streaks through the skies over East Coast
http://www.insidenova.com/headlines/meteor-streaks-through-the-skies-over-east-coast/article_5dcbb812-0e2c-11e4-a9b3-0019bb2963f4.html

An apparent fireball streaked through the skies over the Washington area Thursday evening, prompting dozens of reports to the American Meteor Society.

The meteor was spotted from North Carolina through Delaware around 10:15 p.m., and was captured on a dash cam in Raleigh, N.C. Click here for the video.

People reported it was exceptionally bright and streaked white, orange and green.

NASA and the National Weather Service have yet to weigh in on the sky phenomena.

According to the American Meteor Society, fireballs are very bright meteors, about as bright as Venus in the morning and evening skies.

About 10 to 15 meteorites fall to Earth each day, but sightings are rare since streaking fireballs often fall over the ocean, or during daylight hours when they can't be seen.
Attachments:
53c8961ac964b_image.png

Posted by: Zitzbath Zark ()
Date: July 19, 2014 01:45PM

Attachments:
Arisia1636.png

Posted by: Zitzbath Zark = Buzzkill? ()
Date: July 19, 2014 04:59PM

Zitzbath Zark Wrote:
> .

Okay, maybe you're not a buzzkill after all. LOL

Posted by: True The Vote ! ()
Date: July 19, 2014 06:05PM

johnny ringo Wrote:
> Pics or it didn't happen.

haha immediately owned with pics

how do you get used to failing so much? I just could not be you and embarrass myself over and over like that

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.