HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Mulch By The Yard
Posted by: Mulch ()
Date: June 25, 2013 04:24PM

Anyone know the best place to get mulch by the yard instead of buying 50 bags from the store?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mulch By The Yard
Posted by: InterWebz ()
Date: June 25, 2013 04:44PM

I heard Google could help...

Posted by: bpmHc ()
Date: June 25, 2013 05:24PM

yes, but I'm not telling. and it's free from your county government.

Posted by: Bitt ()
Date: June 25, 2013 05:47PM

Meadows farms and merrifield will deliver by the yard. I also know a guy who will pick up 10 yards from the landfill and deliver to your driveway for $125, probably less for 5 Yards. Want his name?

Posted by: alvarezje ()
Date: June 26, 2013 06:00AM

It's free at the dump. I used to get a bed load in my truck and charge $200 to do the whole yard, plus a grass cut.

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: June 26, 2013 06:05AM

@OP - near the secret ninja bridge into P.W. is a parking lot - county leaves mulch there all the time for residents to get free of charge.

Posted by: erwerrs ()
Date: June 26, 2013 08:52AM

Remington Mulch on Lee HWy - Merrifield. they will delvier bags or bulk. Been using them for years...

Posted by: Triniday ()
Date: June 29, 2013 12:49AM

There used to be a bunch of leaf mulch piles in the park at Baron Cameron next to the residential gardening plots. I used to drive over there and bag it up in large heavy contractor bags, take it home in the opickup truck and use it in the vegetable garden, It is free and the supply is there until it runs out. That was years ago when I lived in Herndon.

Posted by: solutionss ()
Date: June 29, 2013 01:22AM

Rent an f150 from home depot, hire a mexican, go to landfill and get the mulch. Repeat trips as needed.

Posted by: Tray von Martin ()
Date: June 29, 2013 11:06AM

Check on the county website for the refuse removal. I think they have mulch, too.

Posted by: Mulch by the yard? ()
Date: June 29, 2013 11:09AM

I prefer my mulch in the yard...
By the plants and trees.

Posted by: Peter Joseph ()
Date: October 14, 2020 10:17AM

Mulch provides a lot of benefits for plants and it is quite simple in use.

Posted by: Crosspoint in Lorton ()
Date: October 14, 2020 12:03PM

I need it delivered, and I don't want to load or unload the mulch. Must be $20.00 or less, free would be cool.

Posted by: Mar Illos ()
Date: October 15, 2020 11:15AM

Hello. I also use mulch in my yard, it is good decision for many problems. Quite simple in use and prices are affordable. Also we recently bought dumb cart for our lawn tractor, very helpful tool, really! I fount it in this review https://mygardenzone.com/best-dump-cart-for-lawn-tractor/ and decided to order online!

Posted by: Hey Crosspoint ()
Date: October 15, 2020 11:43AM

Crosspoint in Lorton Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I need it delivered, and I don't want to load or
> unload the mulch. Must be $20.00 or less, free
> would be cool.

welcome to Fantasy Island. For $20 you are no longer talking about a business providing you with mulch. You are talking about a friend doing you a favor.

If you do want to be a cheap assed piece of shit, this is what you do. Put out the word to neighbors and nearby friends that if they are having tree work done you'd like to have a load of the shred. Tree companies usually haul it to the dump and have to pay their crew time and dump fees to get rid of it. If they can drive a few blocks away and dump truck full in your front yard for free many will do so. You aren't going to get a quality product. It will be a mix of green and dead leaves and fully and partially shredded wood which may be diseased. They'll dump it where convenient for them. But it will be free.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.